OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WR841N URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASe.

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Basically i posted on here a while ago and i have left it since then but i have acknowledged that open wrt is on the router and it sets up a open wireless network called open wrt with no password so i connect and try all ip dresses to try to open the control panel but none work and my mac discovers multiple ip addresses but i try all of them and it just keeps trying to access them as if something is there but the router is not posting me through to the control panel , i have scanned it and it detected it has tried to use services such as ssh secure shell login and 53 domain name server . could anyone help or please refer me to an actual support email for open wrt thank you.

You could try telnet, which was used in older versions of OpenWrt. But if that doesn't work, it's probably easiest to connect to the serial console.

If you have scanned it you know what the IP address is, it is 192.168.1.1 by default.  If you flashed a "trunk" build, the only way to log in is by ssh.  The scan should have revealed port 22 is open.  That port is the standard one for ssh.  Telnet uses port 23.

Trying to enter failsafe mode may also be an option to start with.

how would i use telnet or ssh I'm so new to all of this , also how would i use serial console .

See the wiki, which has plenty of information available on OpenWrt: https://openwrt.org/

The discussion might have continued from here.