OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2 - VLAN setting

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I have TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2; Kernel Version 3.18.23.

Iam trying to set VLAN on port 4 in LUCI.

I dont know how to set it.

What I did:
VLAN ID    CPU       Port 1        Port 2          Port 3    Port 4    Port 5         Port 6
1            untagged    untagged   untagged   untagged       off           off                  off
2               off               off             off              off               off        untagged     untagged       
how to set  VLAN 3? I did this but it doesnt work:
3              tagged         off             off              off         untagged      off                 off       

I think I know how to set interfaces but VLAN is totally new for me.
I found this https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl … _for_vlans but it tell me nothing :-(.

Please help.
Sysin

With that configuration you should get "LAN 1" on the device as eth1.3 in openwrt I guess. Doesn't it work?

(Last edited by mikma on 7 Mar 2018, 20:16)

This is what i have:   

Ethernet Switch: "eth0" Ethernet Switch: "eth0" (wan)
    VLAN Interface: "eth0.1" VLAN Interface: "eth0.1"
    VLAN Interface: "eth0.2" VLAN Interface: "eth0.2"
    VLAN Interface: "eth0.3" VLAN Interface: "eth0.3"
    Ethernet Adapter: "eth1" Ethernet Adapter: "eth1" (lan)
    Wireless Network: Master "Sysins home 1" Wireless Network: Master "Sysins home 1" (lan)

All the VLANs that go into a particular CPU port must be tagged on that port.  Then you need to change the LAN physical settings to use eth0.1 instead of plain eth0.  Your new VLAN 3 for port 4 will be available at eth0.3.

Meanwhile VLAN 2 continues to exist simply to loop the other CPU port (6), as eth1, to the WAN jack.  You can use any VLAN number for that since the number is only seen internally in the switch chip.

In general, consumer grade equipment doesn't support having tagged and untagged packets on the same port.  Either tag all of them, or have one VLAN untagged and the rest off.

(Last edited by mk24 on 7 Mar 2018, 22:53)

The discussion might have continued from here.