OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ftdi USB2TTL Board FT232RL will not work with wrtnode BB r41508

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hey

I have a WRTNode with OpenWRT (BarrierBreaker r41508) installed.
Today i wanted to attach a usb2TTL "Sunfounder usb 2 serial ftdi" board but it will not work. i see no output in dmesg that the board is attached. The Board uses an ftdi 232rl and works under windows und debian 9.

3w.sunfounder.com/3-3v-5v-ftdi232r-usb-to-ttl-serial-adapter-module(dot)html

I have another usb2serial adapter here. An original ftdi C232HD-DDHSP-0 with ft232H Chip inside which generates an working dmesg output and an serial usb device in /dev

If i connect this 3.3V Adapter i can see how the driver ist loaded and unloaded. Once the sunfounder board was connected usb1-1 and ftdi-sio 1-1:1.0 does not create any additional messages. So my idea is that the FT232RL chip is to new to the ftdi driver i have installed.

What do you think why the sunfounder usb2serial board is not recognized by my system?

Hmm, i think the usb2serial board has only usb uhci support since it communicates only with fullspeed (12Mbps)

but the package kmod-usb-uhci is not available for me. Any suggestions how i can load usb full speed support into the kernel?

My Repository is d.wrtnode.com/packages/

Is it possible to load another one?

(Last edited by daimonion on 12 Mar 2018, 23:46)

The discussion might have continued from here.