OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT router TP-Link AC1750 V2 halfing gigabit speeds.

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Greetings,

Today I was upgraded to gigabit speeds. When I plug my computer directly into the router/modem I get the full gigabit. When plugged into my AC1750 I'm only getting 500 down/up and 100-200 through the 802.11AC.

What's going on? Can I fix it?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm using OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r5973-1d9296d A post lede merge version of OpenWRT.

(Last edited by 7Priest7 on 27 Mar 2018, 18:08)

Routing at full 1 GBit/s line speed needs a correspondingly powerful router, ar71xx (like your Archer C7v2) can not do that. For a 1 GBit/s uplink I'd seriously suggest x86, but mvebu or mt7621/ mt7622/ mt7623 might be able to cope as well (depending on your use case and the additional features you require from your router).

(Last edited by slh on 27 Mar 2018, 20:41)

slh wrote:

Routing at full 1 GBit/s line speed needs a correspondingly powerful router, ar71xx (like your Archer C7v2) can not do that. For a 1 GBit/s uplink I'd seriously suggest x86, but mvebu or mt7621/ mt7622/ mt7623 might be able to cope as well.

Alright thanks.
I decided to just use the built in router.

I am a little disappointed that a router I bought that advertises 1Gbit capabilities can't actually handle 1Gbit.

7Priest7 wrote:

I am a little disappointed that a router I bought that advertises 1Gbit capabilities can't actually handle 1Gbit.

Where have your read that?

rj-45 wrote:
7Priest7 wrote:

Where have your read that?

The amazon page is littered with references to the 1gbit ports.
They also advertise over a gigabit capable wifi(total lie.)

In fact just the title. TP-Link Archer AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Dual Band Gigabit, Qualcomm Inside (C7)

It was on the box when I got it. It's plastered all over any page that is selling this router. Everywhere calls this a gigabit router which it clearly is not.

(Last edited by 7Priest7 on 28 Mar 2018, 04:42)

they are right, because the LAN ports are gigabit ports.

The discussion might have continued from here.