OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to configure coovachilli

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, i'm totally confused by the configuration file for this. I need a basic setup where it simply only allows guest wifi users to connect to one internal ip address and for them not to be able to access the internet or anything else on my LAN. I host my website on the same LAN as my guest wifi. I'm scared of just trying random things but i'm tempted as i've tried to resolve this for 12 hours and i've got nowhere. There is no IRC support for coovachilli seemingly and so I just can't work out how to do the configuration file, beyond knowing where it is and having looked at it and i'm scared of bricking my router and losing everything.

Any help with sorting out this config file would be greatly appreciated. Grassroots charitable project, not being paid.

Thanks.

Look at nodogsplash instead.  It is far simpler than coovachilli and probably suitable for your use case.

Am I going to be in the same boat though without anybody knowing what they are doing? And, is it definitely going to be more suitable? Have you used it yourself? Thanks.

The discussion might have continued from here.