OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Impossible to log in to League Of Legends (with LoL client)

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I've used an AVM router (Fritz!Box) so far, but wanted to try something which is open source.

My hardware is the O2 Box 6431(Arcadyan VGV7510KW22)

Everything seems to work just well. Browsing the web, Mail, VoIP (SIP), ...

But I'm unable to login to League Of Legends.

The login problem is gone as soon as I replace the OpenWRT based router with my Fritz!Box. I have no special port forwardings configured on the Fritz!Box and League doesn't seem to need any port forwardings. Only outgoing connections.

I have no clue why this doesn't work. Logging in to the Riot website with my LoL account works if the OpenWRT router is connected.

Can someone help me?

Install upnp

Doesn't help.

I think I have to add, that I use "Wine" to run LoL on Linux.

This usually isn't a big problem. Worked well with my old Fritz!Box 5050 and now works well with my "new" Fritz!Box 7270.

As soon as I use an OpenWRT based router, login fails *every single time*. It works again immediately as soon as the Fritz!Box is used again.

My brother tried to verify this (also uses an OpenWRT router). He can also verify this problem if he uses Wine. But (unlike me) he also has Windows on the same PC. If he uses Windows, login works.

So there seems to be some problem with Wine, but for some (still unknown reason) this problem doesn't occur if a proprietary AVM router is used.

So as long as I don't know which change on router side could mimic the AVM router behaviour or the Wine bug is fixed, I'll have to stick with my AVM router.

Edit: Also opened a bug for wine with bug number 44895

(Last edited by M-RE on 2 Apr 2018, 16:00)

wow dude you found a nice edge case there! :-) I hope the bug in wine gets fixed soon mate. I have know idea what it could be on the openwrt side sorry.

The discussion might have continued from here.