OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Package name contains illegal characters

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello All,

I want to create APR package. After compiling I receive the following error message. It is really strange and I don't  know how to stop it.
One thing more, when I change this line in Makefile
$(eval $(call PKG_template,LIBAPR,libapr,$(PKG_VERSION)-$(PKG_RELEASE),$(ARCH)))
to
$(eval $(call PKG_template,APR,libapr,$(PKG_VERSION)-$(PKG_RELEASE),$(ARCH)))
it compile without any error but also without creating .trx file.

install -d -m0755 /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg/libapr/usr/lib
cp -fpR /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg-install/usr/apr/lib/libapr-1.so.* /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg/libapr/usr/lib/
STRIP="/home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/bin/sstrip" /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/scripts/rstrip.sh /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg/libapr
rstrip.sh: /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg/libapr/usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0.2.7:shared object
PATH="/home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/bin:/home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin" ipkg-build -c -o root -g root /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/apr-1.2.7/ipkg/libapr /home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/bin/packages
libapr
*** Error: Package name  contains illegal characters, (other than [a-z0-9.+-])

ipkg-build: Please fix the above errors and try again.
make[1]: *** [/home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/bin/packages/libapr_1.2.7-1_mipsel.ipk] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alzaq/openWRT/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/package/apr'
make: *** [apr-compile] Error 2

Thanks

I am sorry to disturb you this problem but I finally I found the solution. Here is what I found.
To solve this problem you should use the following command

unexpand --first-only - | cat >package/.../Config.in
unexpand --first-only - | cat >package/.../ipkg/libapr.control

Then remove the old installiation.
That is all.

The discussion might have continued from here.