OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Development build on Netgear DG834Gv1

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I've downloaded and built the dg834 image (openwrt-dg834-2.4-squashfs.img) and tried installing it on my router using the vendor-supplied web interface. Although the image is the right size and the firmware update appears to succeed, when the router reboots it just stalls with alternating power and ready lights, until I use the recovery utility to reload the original firmware. The same thing happens with the jffs2 images. Am I missing something, or is this image incompatible with the DG834Gv1?

I hate to say it, but the AR7 page on the wiki has 95% of your answers.

Maybe I misread that a little.  There was an ethernet driver bug for a while, so that could have possibly caused it, but I think you skipped a documented step.

Where does the AR7 wiki page even mention the DG834 image? All I can see is an explanation of how to upload the AR7 firmware (a different file entirely, named openwrt-ar7-2.4-squashfs.bin) via the ADAM2 FTP server. I tried that also, but it didn't work. What I'm trying to do is install openwrt-dg834-2.4-squashfs.img (4063232 bytes, the same size as the official firmware) using the standard vendor-supplied "Update Firmware" interface. What's the documented step that I've skipped?

Hi,
I have the same problem on my router, i have read the AR7 page but don't find the section concerning this error.... Could you tell me why, and help me to resolve this? Thanxs

Hi, did anyone ever get this working? I have a DG834Gv1 en route...

The discussion might have continued from here.