OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: package request - cisco vpn client -

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

i'm trying to find out if there's a possiblilty to get the wrt54g work as a vpn client over the wan-interface.
The uncommon is that the proprietary cisco vpnclient has to be used...
I know there is eg an openvpn package but as far as i knows it won't work with it.
So because i'm a newbie please let me now!

Aim is the following:
The wrt should act as a nat-router between my LAN an the internet (which is reached through the vpn). Now i'm using a complete Linux-Computer to do that, but it's a lot of power needed for that of course.

Thanks ins Advance!!!
Juni

i'm trying to find out if there's a possiblilty to get the wrt54g work as a vpn client over the wan-interface.
The uncommon is that the proprietary cisco vpnclient has to be used...
I know there is eg an openvpn package but as far as i knows it won't work with it.
So because i'm a newbie please let me now!

there is vpnc which is a free clone of the cisco vpn client, which may work on a wrt54g too.

/gst

Hi,

i know this alternnate vpn client. Unfortunately this client doesn't support rekeying so that I'm getting disconneted regularly.
But if at least this client would run on my wrt it would be great.
But with the manual givon on this domain i'm not able to create an ipkg by myself...

Juni

Hi,

i know this alternnate vpn client. Unfortunately this client doesn't support rekeying so that I'm getting disconneted regularly.
But if at least this client would run on my wrt it would be great.
But with the manual givon on this domain i'm not able to create an ipkg by myself...

Unless Cisco provides sources to crosscompile or a binary for mipsel, linked against the right versions of uClibc, I very much doubt trying to package it is of much use. Without sources, you're SOL.

At first look, this is just a glorified ipsec client. What's wrong with using openswan?

I thought openswan wouldn't work as a cisco vpnclient?
Am i wrong?
If yes I'll try it, because openswan is available as a package for openwrt, isn't it?

Juni

I have some problems here with vpnc...
I can connect the cisco concentrator and send trough tun0 packages but I cant receive...

example:

tun0      Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:192.168.64.20  P-t-P:192.168.64.20  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1412  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:22 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:10
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:2420 (2.3 KiB)

what can be the problem?

the firewall isnt the problem (deactivated)

The discussion might have continued from here.