OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: AR7 News?

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Is the AR7 port dead?
Linux 2.6 was planned time ago and never done, same for the VLYNQ support to acx111
and the new cpmac driver..

It still compiles and everything, the kernel's just old.  I've heard nbd might be working on wireless support, too.

I have no idea where you got the idea it's dead.

I still can't get a device image to build - they're zero-filled except for the sErCoMm header.

Which is a shame - I use OpenWrt on my Netgear DG834 (no wireless) - the Netgear firmware is utter trash, especially if you have >1 IP address for your ADSL account.

@nine

[s]Forget the WGT634 image.  The bcrm-2.6 images are what you're after.[/s]

EDIT:  Looks like I had a different router on the brain

Forget the DG834 image.  The ar7-2.4 images are what you're after

(Last edited by KillaB on 13 Dec 2006, 18:17)

exobyte wrote:

It still compiles and everything, the kernel's just old.  I've heard nbd might be working on wireless support, too.

I have no idea where you got the idea it's dead.

noone is working on wifi, same as eth and 2.6 port.
I tried to make a 2.6 port then i were stuck to a weird null pointer, then nobody
from OpenWrt nor linux-mips looked at my work so i'll thrashed it.

Help will be great.
Cheers,
Matteo Croce

Matteo, I'm interested in trying to get 2.6 running on the AR7 - I need to get a new data pump running on the board to support ADSL2+

KillaB wrote:

Forget the DG834 image.  The ar7-2.4 images are what you're after

I don't think I can install them without the sErCoMm header - they won't FTP to the device.

I'm less confident about installing them with the mtd tools - at present, it's the only ADSL router I have smile

I should look at how they are built. I haven't sussed the image build process out yet - my knowledge of Makefiles does not cover how the kamikaze build system works!

For the time being, I'm waiting for some MAX232s to arrive in the post, then I'll hack up serial console and probably look at getting a scratchbox second router from eBay to break as I see fit.

(Last edited by nine on 13 Dec 2006, 21:50)

If you patch the ADAM2 bootloader, then it doesn't need to have a header or checksum.
Please see the AR7 Port page on the OpenWrt wiki or follow the instructions here: http://www.earth.li/~noodles/hardware-dg834g.html

I've had success getting ADSL working (as have others, just search the forum) on my DG834G using this process.

Just haven't used it as my main router for too long as I'm waiting for a stable version of miniupnp first.

use the latest version of miniupnpd out of the openwrt repository

KillaB wrote:

Just haven't used it as my main router for too long as I'm waiting for a stable version of miniupnp first.

hehe, you can help stabilizing miniupnpd by testing it.
RC3 is pretty much stable. Some user reported abnormal memory usage after weeks of intensive usage but I have never been able to reproduce the problem.

The discussion might have continued from here.