OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asterisk 1.4.1 and 1.2.16

The content of this topic has been archived between 12 Sep 2015 and 22 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi,

I've put packages for Asterisk versions 1.4.1 and 1.2.16 in the package repositories listed on the following page:

http://zandbelt.dyndns.org/asterisk.html

These have been compiled with the SDK for WhiteRussian 0.9.
NB: the 1.4.1 packages include chan_cellphone and the asterisk web GUI stuff.

Hans.

Hi Hans,

Thks for porting and posting 1.2.16.  Would you mind posting the svn Make & patch files to dev.openwrt.org as well? I need to make some customization to sip.c for asterisk to work w/ my voip provider.

Thanks again,
Myles.

myles wrote:

Would you mind posting the svn Make & patch files to dev.openwrt.org as well?

Attached to the original 1.2.14 patch enhancement ticket 1108 (https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/1108):

https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … 2.16.patch

NB: I believe I temporarily renamed a file called "db.h" in the SDK include directories because it clashes with a file with the same name in the asterisk distribution; of course I should patch Asterisk for this but that is not trivial in this case. I don't remember whether this goes for 1.2.16, 1.4.1 or both... However, you are warned now ;-)

Regards,

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 5 Mar 2007, 20:22)

Thanks Hans.

I am now testing the 1.4.1. Its working good with my initial testing.

I don't see asterisk-app-meetme in it?

Can yo please find some time and package asterisk-app-meetme for 1.4.1.

Thanks

zandbelt wrote:

Hi,

I've put packages for Asterisk versions 1.4.1 and 1.2.16 in the package repositories listed on the following page:

http://zandbelt.dyndns.org/asterisk.html

These have been compiled with the SDK for WhiteRussian 0.9.
NB: the 1.4.1 packages include chan_cellphone and the asterisk web GUI stuff.

Hans.

baba2s wrote:

It is in my asterisk-1.4 repository now.

Changes:
  - added app_meetme plus dependencies:
      kmod-usb-uhci-iv
      kmod-zaptel (1.4.0)
      zaptel-libtonezone (1.4.0)
  - added res_crypto.so
  - compiled using LOW_MEMORY which indeed is better for OpenWRT platforms
  - bumped release number to 2

Indeed MeetMe conferencing seems to give a much better quality in 1.4. than in 1.2 :-)

FYI: I have switched my operational Asterisk installation to 1.4.1 and I'm quite happy with it.
Now I'm thinking of dropping OpenWRT support for Asterisk 1.2.x since it seems to be obsolete now. This would make Asterisk package maintenance easier.

Any objections against that (i.e. features in 1.2.x that are used but not available/usable in 1.4.x) ?

Hans.

THANK YOU  Hans

zandbelt wrote:
baba2s wrote:

It is in my asterisk-1.4 repository now.

Changes:
  - added app_meetme plus dependencies:
      kmod-usb-uhci-iv
      kmod-zaptel (1.4.0)
      zaptel-libtonezone (1.4.0)
  - added res_crypto.so
  - compiled using LOW_MEMORY which indeed is better for OpenWRT platforms
  - bumped release number to 2

Indeed MeetMe conferencing seems to give a much better quality in 1.4. than in 1.2 :-)

FYI: I have switched my operational Asterisk installation to 1.4.1 and I'm quite happy with it.
Now I'm thinking of dropping OpenWRT support for Asterisk 1.2.x since it seems to be obsolete now. This would make Asterisk package maintenance easier.

Any objections against that (i.e. features in 1.2.x that are used but not available/usable in 1.4.x) ?

Hans.

The 1.4.x build is working fine for me.  Thanks.

Hello,

1.4.x build is working fine. The only issue is that I'm unable to insmod ztdummy, something is missing in uhci module. I tried to insmod usb-uhci module, but I get "device not found" error.
Any ideas?

root@PBX:/lib/modules/2.4.30$ insmod ztdummy
insmod: unresolved symbol unlink_td
insmod: unresolved symbol alloc_td
insmod: unresolved symbol delete_desc
insmod: unresolved symbol uhci_devices
insmod: unresolved symbol uhci_interrupt
insmod: unresolved symbol fill_td
insmod: unresolved symbol insert_td_horizontal

root@PBX:/lib/modules/2.4.30$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P 
zaptel                223520   0 (unused)
ppp_async               8108   0 (unused)
ppp_generic            22868   0 [ppp_async]
slhc                    6352   0 [ppp_generic]
sch_red                 3216   0 (unused)
ipt_length               336   5
ipt_layer7             10512   2
sch_sfq                 3912   4
sch_hfsc               15960   1
ipt_ipp2p               7320   1
cls_fw                  2888   4
ipt_CONNMARK             816   2
usb-ohci               19236   0 (unused)
tun                     4504   0 (unused)
wlcompat               15744   0 (unused)
ip_nat_irc              2336   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_irc        3128   1
ip_nat_tftp             1824   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_tftp       1728   1
ip_nat_ftp              2960   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_ftp        4320   1
wl                    423640   0 (unused)
ext3                   72788   1
jbd                    54872   1 [ext3]
usb-storage            68624   1
sd_mod                 12500   2
scsi_mod               70616   2 [usb-storage sd_mod]
uhci                   30180   0 (unused)
ehci-hcd               20556   0 (unused)
usbcore                74808   1 [usb-ohci usb-storage uhci ehci-hcd]
switch-robo             4460   0 (unused)
switch-core             4912   0 [switch-robo]
diag                   19808   0 (unused)

(Last edited by hajekd on 7 Mar 2007, 17:37)

hajekd wrote:

1.4.x build is working fine. The only issue is that I'm unable to insmod ztdummy, something is missing in uhci module. I tried to insmod usb-uhci module, but I get "device not found" error.
Any ideas?

A wild guess: you're not running it on a router that has a compliant USB port/controller ... ?

Hans.

I'm running it on Asus WL-500g Premium. I thought that this one is compliant...

hajekd wrote:

I'm running it on Asus WL-500g Premium. I thought that this one is compliant...

I'm not sure; I run on Asus WL-500GX myself...
Anyone else here with experience on Premium?

Hans.

I'm using USB stick with Asus 500g Premium and it works fine. It can even boot from USB. I'm using uhci.o module.

hajekd wrote:

I'm using USB stick with Asus 500g Premium and it works fine. It can even boot from USB. I'm using uhci.o module.

Yep; but the point is that the usb-uhci module is required, ie. the one that comes in the usb-uhci-iv package. The ztdummy timer stuff relies on USB timing stuff that is only in usb-uhci, not in uhci...

Hans.

Thanks very much zandbelt for your great work to port asterisk 1.4 to openwrt!!!
I have install it on my Asus wl500g Premium without problem!! I have to ask you two question:
The first is the minor problem with chan_cellphone patch 13a that seems have very big problem with audio, as you can see from http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919 the latest patch is 14 and revert to patch 13 and also is for asterisk 1.4.1 in your next port you can it?
The second is related to howto port/compile/use openwrt SDK i have something on the web but i dont understand so much... I want make for example my own asterisk port.
Many thanks

dimi wrote:

The first is the minor problem with chan_cellphone patch 13a that seems have very big problem with audio, as you can see from http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919 the latest patch is 14 and revert to patch 13 and also is for asterisk 1.4.1 in your next port you can it?

There's a new version of chan-cellphone in the repository; its release number is 3.
With this patch version 14 I am able to call out over my Nokia E60 cellphone, but the sound is still quite bad (lagging behind seconds).

dimi wrote:

The second is related to howto port/compile/use openwrt SDK i have something on the web but i dont understand so much... I want make for example my own asterisk port.

Look for posts on buildroot-ng (especially from user forum2006).

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 8 Mar 2007, 22:57)

Thanks so much!!! I will try to compile my self :-)

After installing 1.4 and the gui, when I try to log into the gui to run the wizard, the page keeps refreshing over and over.  When it finally comes up, I'm able to click next to step 2.  When I click next on step 2, the page starts refreshing again and then takes me back to Step 1.

[Dec 31 19:12:10] WARNING[1323]: pbx.c:1779 pbx_extension_helper: No application 'System' for extension (asterisk_guitools, executecommand, 1)

(Last edited by hodula1 on 9 Mar 2007, 21:10)

hodula1 wrote:

[Dec 31 19:12:10] WARNING[1323]: pbx.c:1779 pbx_extension_helper: No application 'System' for extension (asterisk_guitools, executecommand, 1)

Check that app_system is allowed to be loaded in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf:

; noload => app_system.so ; Generic System() application

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:
hodula1 wrote:

Check that app_system is allowed to be loaded in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf:

; noload => app_system.so ; Generic System() application

Hans.

That fixed it, thanks!

Hi zandbelt i now try to compile my self asterisk 1.4.1 using your patch found on https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … .4.0.patch but is not in sync with your latest asterisk build (i supposed :-)) can post the new one?
To compile i follow this step (i found on this forum):
1. svn co https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/whiterussian/
      (accept the certificate temporarily (t))
   2. patch -p0 < openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.0.patch
   3. cd whiterussian/openwrt
   4. make menuconfig
      select asterisk in Networking section and everything except chan-h323 and asterisk-sqlite
   5. make

Many thanks

dimi wrote:

Hi zandbelt i now try to compile my self asterisk 1.4.1 using your patch found on https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … .4.0.patch but is not in sync with your latest asterisk build (i supposed :-)) can post the new one?
To compile i follow this step (i found on this forum):
1. svn co https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/whiterussian/
      (accept the certificate temporarily (t))
   2. patch -p0 < openwrt-packages-asterisk-1.4.0.patch
   3. cd whiterussian/openwrt
   4. make menuconfig
      select asterisk in Networking section and everything except chan-h323 and asterisk-sqlite
   5. make

Many thanks

The description you found is outdated.
Since reading (and ignoring) the number of queries about building Asterisk from source takes more time now than writing a description (sigh), I did the latter (for 1.4.1 only):

http://zandbelt.dyndns.org/asterisk.html#building

Happy building ;-),

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 10 Mar 2007, 16:51)

Wowwww..Many thanks fantastik!!!! I will try to buil as soon as possible :-)

Hi all,

after so much of flashing, installing, configuring, etc, I finally arrived to to a point where my Asus WL-500Gp (X-WRT WhiteRusian 0.9) is:

-Booting from an USB HDD
-SWAP on HDD
-Samba file server
-Asterisk 1.4.1 working with an Linksys PAP2T, some IAX2 softphones and a VOIP service provider.

Getting asterisk to work was a real pain (Incoming/Outgoing calls, local extensions, voicemail, etc)

But when I was almost reaching a "perfect" system, then I found that I don't have fax capabilities under asterisk (send, get, auto detect fax),
because app_faxdetect, app_rxfax, app_txfax, etc, are missing (ok, I know openpbx has those apps but I'm having problems getting it to work).

Is there any possibility to get fax working with asterisk for OpenWRT?
If libspandsp is already ported to OpenWRT (openpbx), is it possible to build the missing apps for asterisk?

I really would appreciate any advice on how to get this working.

Thanks

Leo.

Hey Hans!

I just installed the 1.4.1 package and everything seems to be running smooth on my Asus WL500D.

The only thing that gave me a minor problem was the fact that /etc/default/asterisk sets a -cvvvv and thus launches a console from the init.d script. Nice for manual starting and debugging but it crashed my router when auto started on bootup. (unplugging the usbstick got me back in)

Groeten!

SqyD

n3w63n wrote:

But when I was almost reaching a "perfect" system, then I found that I don't have fax capabilities under asterisk (send, get, auto detect fax),
because app_faxdetect, app_rxfax, app_txfax, etc, are missing (ok, I know openpbx has those apps but I'm having problems getting it to work).

Is there any possibility to get fax working with asterisk for OpenWRT?

I've updated the asterisk-1.4 repository with the asterisk14-app-fax package, containing app_txfax and app_rxfax.
(the repository is at http://members.home.nl/hans.zandbelt/op … erisk-1.4)
This package depends on libspandsp, libtiff and libjpeg, also in the repository. NB: I had to stub some functionality for missing math functions in uclibc and I don't know how that affects the fax apps.
Maybe you could try these and see how far you get?

Hans.