Hello!

I've flashed Kamikaze r6529 via mtd with squashfs filesystem on my wgt634u router. I don't know what but something went totally wrong and the router won't accept a telnet connection afterwards. I've connected the router via serial console to my PC and get the following error messages:

0x00152400-0x005e0000 : "rootfs"
  mtd: partition "rootfs" doesn't start on an erase block boundary -- force read-only

This is a "normal" error message with kamikaze and squashfs, isn't it? But this is new to me:

nbd0: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd0, sector 0
  SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0x0
  nbd2: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd2, sector 0
[...] 
  FAT: unable to read boot sector
  nbd2: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd2, sector 0
  FAT: unable to read boot sector
  nbd3: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd3, sector 0
[...]
  nbd13: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd13, sector 0
  nbd1: Attempted send on closed socket
  end_request: I/O error, dev nbd1, sector 0
[...]
(full logfile: http://peter.in-berlin.de/tmp/openwrt6529.log)

I've tried to flash a new image via mtd -r write openwrt-brcm-2.6-squashfs.trx linux (login via serial console works and after setting a password ssh works) but mtd died with a error message. I used the CFE and flashed an old image via tftp but every change I have made in the filesystem disapears after the next reboot. I also tried to flash a "\0xff-image" (http://sarwiki.informatik.hu-berlin.de/ … leshooting) to clear the memory and a jffs image before flashing squashfs again - but the problem did not disapear.

Anybody have any suggestions or tip what I can try next? Have anyone tried to use "test disk" in CFE? Maybe flash0.boot is corrupt? Is flashing flash0.boot possible and where could I get a working flash0.boot image?

Sunshine!

Peter