OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bridge ethernet and wifi on Meraki (or Fonera)

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello!

I'm looking for a simple config that will let my Meraki running Kamikaze OpenWrt act as a bridge. I want the wifi side to be a client (managed mode) to an AP and just bridge all traffic between the ethernet and wireless interface. When I follow the instructions on the wiki ( http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Kam … figuration ) the box seems to look up and I can't access it at all anymore. I need to reinstall OpenWrt to get it back to work.

When I configure the bridge manually (ssh login; brctl addbr br0; brctl addif br0 eth0; brctl addif br0 wifi0 ) the bridge comes up and I can ping it from the lan side and ping the lan connected host from the shell. But I can not ping any hosts on the wireless side of the network nor does the Meraki return any pings from other wireless devices...

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Hi,
I have the same problem. Bridge seems to be configured ok, but its not possible to ping something behind wifi. I have bridge between ath0 (wifi) in client mode connected to AP and eth1 where is connected PC. I can make connection to the router through eth1 port from PC, but I cannot access network behind ath0 (from router neither from pc).
I can post my config..

Rufus

Same problem here. Any suggestions?

Another one having the same problem. Any pointers would be great please.

The discussion might have continued from here.