OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Thomson TG585v7

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 20 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

If you have nothing on L3 and L5 then i suspect both regulator chips are failed and then who knows what else would have been damaged by the event that killed the regs.

Heres a quick pic of what i can see. Its quite large so i had to make it a link.
http://i.imgur.com/cGX3J.jpg

Helloworld!
What is the status of the project? Have a 780WL for messing around with and wondering if it can be of any use here.

Hii need flash dump tm585v7 with firmware openwrt, dead my router please ok thanks

Hii need flash dump tm585v7 with firmware openwrt, dead my router please ok thanks

Do you still need this? What bootloader, the modded cfe or the standard thomson loader?

the modded cfe   please and thanks

Hi folks

Yet another latecomer to this thread, looks like some heroes have already done a lot of hard work for us all.

I had a brush with hacking my Netgear DG834GT which seemed to have a telnetd already in the stock firmware, although I couldn't get to it.

I have an O2 Wireless box II as it arrived in the box and thought to try similar hack, but my reading here so far - admittedly cursory - indicates the only way to update firmware is via soldering - there's no busybox to telnet into.

Time to do some more reading...

Thanks guys.

Thanks for post. Do you know what is Lifeline and  link-up?
Lifeline is a government assistance program that reduces the phone bill for qualified consumers and  link-up is a government assistance program to reduce your home phone service activation cost. You can get you connected fast with a Lifeline free government phonesservice provider you can trust.

(Last edited by mahfuja86 on 12 Sep 2011, 05:10)

Hello, sorry to rewake an old thread. However, I found an old TG585v7 yesterday that I wanted to repurpose to a wlan AP. What is the current status for getting WRT running on it? Can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

Hello! yes, it is a bit dead but just a few days ago came to my hands a nice thomson tg585v7, i would like to use it as a router on my network so don't really care about the dsl, however I would like to use wifi. Is there anything new on wifi? Could someone help to make it work with closed drivers and an older kernel? As i saw it could be able to work with kernel 2.6.8.1, so could i flash it (using jtag, as i suppose there is not other solution on that),  using this kernel and having the ability to use adsl and wifi too ?..

(Last edited by cshark on 7 Dec 2011, 10:40)

Hey Guys, Could I get a re posting of that cfe that works. It will help me out a lot.

Call me ignorant, but I do not see what you are trying to point me to. I just wanted to know if any one has a copy of the cfe that was in the expired rapidshare link?

Or does anyone have a guide to byte swap a cfe file?

ps2chiper wrote:

Call me ignorant, but I do not see what you are trying to point me to. I just wanted to know if any one has a copy of the cfe that was in the expired rapidshare link?

In the linked topic are posts from members have (compile?) a various CFEs that could help you... sorry that is all

Yes, but there are none for my particular router. Also I can't seem to get any others to work either. Im using tjtag ./rtjtag64 -flash:cfe /bypass /fc:85 /silent for my flash command. And nothing seems to get my router to boot.

Well I was able to solve my own problem. I found that guys website with the cfe builders, and used it. I had to build pylzma and I am including it for 64 bit linux in the folder. So this should help out anyone else that was in my position.

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/Qfqwjjr/cf … G585v7.rar

(Last edited by ps2chiper on 11 Feb 2012, 17:38)

ps2chiper wrote:

Well I was able to solve my own problem. I found that guys website with the cfe builders, and used it.

Can you please send me a pm with the link?

Has anyone been able to get the bcm5325e switch to work in custom firmware or openwrt?

hi, have some one compile image for Thomson TG585v7 ? or giude how to make it ? thanks for answer !

I was compiling the Dlink code from page 2 and ran into this error. From what I gather is after you get Ethernet working with this firmware it can be ported to bitswitcher into a custom adsl firmware.

k.o tdb.o spinlock.o  -ldl
auth.o(.text+0x2500): In function `check_passwd':
auth.c: undefined reference to `crypt'
auth.o(.text+0x26a8):auth.c: undefined reference to `crypt'
pppcrypt.o(.text+0x1bc): In function `DesSetkey':
pppcrypt.c: undefined reference to `setkey'
pppcrypt.o(.text+0x238): In function `DesEncrypt':
pppcrypt.c: undefined reference to `encrypt'
pppcrypt.o(.text+0x2e0): In function `DesDecrypt':
pppcrypt.c: undefined reference to `encrypt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pppdcall] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/Documents/dlinktht/userapps/opensource/pppmppe/pppdcall'
make: *** [pppdcall] Error 2
jason@jason-M68SM-S2L:~/Documents/dlinktht$

who has full flash dump with working OpenWRT on it ?

I got the Dlink code to compile and tested the Image. It wasnt the result I was expecting but I have learned from it. I also think the switch needs to be pulled active low from this http://pastebin.com/BX8ez9LV .

Success!!!!!!!! I got the dlink software to work, I had to modify the boardparm.c and the profile. but I got it. its all down hill from here

could you upload the final firmware file ? and how to (reflash original Thomson firmware) ! Great THanks !

I am working on two things now. First is a bitswitcher port and second is an openwrt port. I will post the openwrt patch when it is done. but I think all you need to do is set gpio 6 active low to bring the switch out of reset. then roboswitch should see it.