OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Thomson TG585v7

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 20 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

thanks for your great work !

any updates on wlan and switch on openwrt

Not yet, we haven't be able to figure out how to get the switch to work in openwrt. I have not tried wlan in openwrt. but it does broadcast from the dlink software when cfm is enabled.

any update ?

Got bitswitcher mostly working, still debugging.

Just got one of these devices my selves, asking for updates on progress on it too.

Keep it up.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this thing to be supported properly.

I've been working on this thing for years now and just recently killed the flash so no dev from me now AND im staying well clear of thomson/alcatel/speedtouch/technicolor/whatever theyre called today routers.

Main flaws:
No proper openwrt supported bootloader. The hacked cfe is ok but it doesnt belong.

No adsl. No bcm adsl at all. It's easy enough for big balls programmers/engineers to just not bother than make any effort to help his/her fellow linux/openwrt hackers/users.

Unbelievably ridiculously low bcm43xx performance. See reason above.

Save yourself from high blood pressure and a headache, give it away to someone who will appreciate it and get something thats already or near enough supported.

so does anyone have final openwrt Firmware to run on TG585 ?

Since a now have a worn out TG585v7, which i shall "dispose of in compliance with environmental laws", I'd like to join your efforts, despite the hardware is rather weak as compared to aa's minimum requirements.
Please let me know what I can do.

ps2chiper wrote:

Well I was able to solve my own problem. I found that guys website with the cfe builders, and used it. I had to build pylzma and I am including it for 64 bit linux in the folder. So this should help out anyone else that was in my position.

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/Qfqwjjr/cf … G585v7.rar

can you pls describe a litle more
how you managed to build a cfe for your model
also can you post the link to that website
as i understand you have bricked the router by flashing the cfe ....
well im in the same situation
i acidentally erased my cfe backup and now i cant boot properly my modem 585v7
it hang on boot with this message on terminal
Decompressing Bootloader............................Speedtouch initialization sequence started.
can you tell what to do

ps2chiper wrote:

Success!!!!!!!! I got the dlink software to work, I had to modify the boardparm.c and the profile. but I got it. its all down hill from here

please do let me know how you changed the board Id

Thank you

Can you  re-upload the file please. ?

routednbooted wrote:

I think this is the one. its the only one i have with the name cfe.bin.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?33pzii8e3nxx7pi

Anyone succeeded on this unit? Thanx

Is there Any progress with this ?

The discussion might have continued from here.