OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Support

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 3 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

while we're exchanging information here, im having an issue getting samba to password protect and encrypt folders for certain users, i have shared folders directed towards certain users but i cant seem to deny access to other people from accessing them.

on the upside, though ntfs-3g gives me a read/write error, the ntfs-3g actually works and i dont seem to have any problem actually reading or writing to my NTFS external HDD, even downloaded some torrents to it to test

(Last edited by justin22885 on 31 Mar 2010, 18:19)

pyther wrote:

First, please try to proof read your posts as they can be confusing and aren't very clear. (If english isn't your native language, forgive me)

The fiber optics switch/router/modem thing is 192.168.1.254? Your openwrt router is 192.168.33.1? Is this correct?

Its portuguese, from portugal ... where the wines come from LOL

look, the fiber first connet to a device called the ONT aka (huawei - echo life HG860), then an ethernet cable connect to the frist router, called the thomson . then now i connect from the thomson router via the ethernet cable to the new router that i have the wzr 300gh.

not the problem is the is that the wzr 300 gh doesn´t connect to the internet ... i am stuck ... i have played arround on the /etc/config/network. its there any problem doing that ?  did you people need to configure anything ?

on the router wzr i connect to the web interface via 192.168.33.1 and on the thomson is via 192.168.1.254 .

N THE PROTOCOL WAS STATIC ...

i change from static to  PPPoE  now i can´t connct to the router, the wr 300gh ...lol

(Last edited by ring69 on 31 Mar 2010, 19:09)

ok.. your thompsons gateway is most likely 192.168.1.1, the IP the thompson gives you is 192.168.1.254, so your wzr router would need to connect to 192.168.1.xxx... what you should do is set your thompson to give a dhcp address, and set your wzr are to connect via dhcp

also, before blaming the wzr, or open-wrt, bypass the thompson and connect the wzr directly into the modem and see if you get internet that way.. im willing to bet the problem is with communication between the thompson and the wzr, he has a setting or two messed up

justin22885 wrote:

ok.. your thompsons gateway is most likely 192.168.1.1, the IP the thompson gives you is 192.168.1.254, so your wzr router would need to connect to 192.168.1.xxx... what you should do is set your thompson to give a dhcp address, and set your wzr are to connect via dhcp

also, before blaming the wzr, or open-wrt, bypass the thompson and connect the wzr directly into the modem and see if you get internet that way.. im willing to bet the problem is with communication between the thompson and the wzr, he has a setting or two messed up

the modem doesn´t connect to the internet via the wzr or via direct to the pc ...

because the thomson has special information.

and i possible did brike my router ... omg just to change it to  PPPoE ... omg realy help !

Lol

Dogge wrote:

Lol

realy LOL

realy people, i just change to poppe

i dont see how you could possibly brick any router doing that, thats why people are laughing... but its clear to me this guys issue is neither a openwrt nor a buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh issue, its just his own personal network settings screwing him up, not much we can do to help him unless someone had access to both his routers

Well I tried to TFTP the file many times on a linux machine with no success, i followed the steps exactly and still no dice. Interesting thing though my machine has been having problems running linux and for some reason my NIC is capable of ipv4 and ipv6 maybe this is causing the problem and i should try the flash on an older machine??

willster46 wrote:

Well I tried to TFTP the file many times on a linux machine with no success, i followed the steps exactly and still no dice. Interesting thing though my machine has been having problems running linux and for some reason my NIC is capable of ipv4 and ipv6 maybe this is causing the problem and i should try the flash on an older machine??

yes its possible on linux ... because i did that way .... !

now can some one help me, because of what i have done LOL iam a noob at this ... give me even a tuturial and i will try to do everything LOL

Well i finally got Rc1 to install but I have a few more questions, has anyone tried rc2 and can rc1 be upgraded without tftp? Also when installing packages do you have to download them or just click install under the interface.

just click install in the package manager in the luci interface, that works fine.. and i havent tried RC2 yet, i had RC1 installed before they released RC2, the web upgrade image should work just fine

justin22885 wrote:

just click install in the package manager in the luci interface, that works fine.. and i havent tried RC2 yet, i had RC1 installed before they released RC2, the web upgrade image should work just fine

justin could you help me out please ? i can´t work with my router anymore .. i am going crasz ! and no onw helps me out .... how i change the pppoe to normal od dhcp ....

i can´t even conncet to my router, and i don´t kown how to use the Failsafe mode !

please ....

What is the address to flash this? I enabled wireless and now I can ping the router, but I can't access the web interface or ssh!

pyther wrote:

What is the address to flash this? I enabled wireless and now I can ping the router, but I can't access the web interface or ssh!

look, to flash the router it must be done in linux, not in XP LOL

ring69 wrote:
pyther wrote:

As far as I know it doesn't matter what os you use. Though I did manage to get it flashed. I put the router is router mode and add the arp entry so I'm not sure which of the two did the trick.

Now what needs to be done to enable wireless?

Alright with rc2 there is an issue where ssh doesn't get started when you change the password! Also qos seems to render ssh or the web interface useless!

Bug report: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7046

(Last edited by pyther on 2 Apr 2010, 20:25)

pyther wrote:
ring69 wrote:
pyther wrote:

As far as I know it doesn't matter what os you use. Though I did manage to get it flashed. I put the router is router mode and add the arp entry so I'm not sure which of the two did the trick.

Now what needs to be done to enable wireless?

sorry big_smile  now i see that works big_smile

but still no one can help me out ...come on guys ...

Why don't you open a new thread and I'll see if I can give you a hand.

ring, if you cant get to the settings anymore, reflash it and start over.. its not a pppoe issue, dhcp should work fine, you should have mentioned earlier you were trying to connect this from a second router because theres a settings mismatch between your primary router and the openwrt router that was causing your issue

for pyther, you need to install kmod-ath9k to enable wireless, and you will need to install hostapd or wpad... either one is fine, and you can install all of these from the package manager in the hardware section under the system tab, and click software

i use kmod-ath9k and hostapd, but many people also recommend wpad, either one will work fine.

also, if youre going to use universal plug n play... ive found the miniupnp app doesnt work as good as the linuxigd

ive got samba file sharing and transmission running just fine, both running now, but ive never used the QoS feature on any router before so i wont be much help there

ill check out QoS later, if im unable to get my xbox 360 wireless N adapter working on my PC so i can get it to operate in 300mb mode

btw, if youre using an external USB hard drive for network storage, and want to use the ntfs file system (better than FAT)... install "ntfs-3g" and from the command prompt you will want to use the command "ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt" or whichever folder you want it mounted to and this will give you both read and write abilities with NTFS... and of course, add these settings to /etc/fstab so you wont have to run the command everytime you reboot the router

as far as transmission goes, if you change the routers default IP address from 192.168.1.1 to something else, you will have to edit the "/etc/config/transmission" file and change "192.168.1.*" to whatever the first three letters of your routers IP address are, so for me i had to change this to "192.168.11.*" as i reverted back to buffalos standard hardware address

Let me know what happens with QoS. Make sure to backup first, I disconnected the router at let it sit for a few hours and turned it back on and now I have no problems. O_o!

justin thanls ... but even so ... what comands in linux should i use ? it is the same thing or this time is diferent ?
Can you give me some simple comands to do everything on linux ....  or just use the normal ones ?
anything that i need to kown ? static ip ? a extra comand ?

hmm.... i can't handle diggin for clues any longer! i've been pokin' at this problem for 3 hours!  grrr!!

so.... having trouble with attached storage. ntfs3g is installed but i don't see it running. i can see the share from my mac, but when i try to login i get failed password or guest not allowed.