OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Fully featured OpenWrt build for the WNDR3700 (NO LONGER MAINTAINED)

The content of this topic has been archived between 13 Apr 2013 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

fatboy wrote:

TeeZee, are you willing to share your clean up patch and config file with us?  I also have been picking out patches from arokh's build to make a custom image for 2 of my WNDR3700v1 and a WNDR3800.  My focus is primary in creating a stable optimized gateway like you do.  I have a NAS for all my medias so I don't really need my gateway to be a media server.

My image currently include all the features in the first post with the following exception.

Removed:
- MiniDLNA
- SAMBA server
- HD-idle

Added:
+ OpenVPN
+ multiwan
+ iPhone USB Ethernet Driver - for tethering as 2nd WAN connection
+ wondershaper

I'd be interested in your build - sounds exactly like what I'm after too.  Any chance you'll make it publicly available?

furic wrote:
furic wrote:

Hello
I'm on  Barrier Breaker r34054 and trying to install ntfs-3g.
Here is the error I get, can anyone help please?

Installing ntfs-3g (2011.4.12-1-fuseint) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ntfs-3g_2011.4.12-1-fuseint_ar71xx.ipk.
Multiple packages (kmod-fuse and kmod-fuse) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Multiple packages (kmod-fuse and kmod-fuse) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ntfs-3g:
 *     kernel (= 3.6.8-1-b22ecb1214fc38c754cb8110b4383804) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ntfs-3g.

Thanks a lot

May be someone can tell me the latest build that supports ntfs-3g ?

furic, that's not the reason for your install error.. Because this is trunk build, if anything in the kernel changes ( in this case kmod-fuse ) you cannot upgrade these.. These kernel modules are built with your linux kernel ( in this case lower than 3.6.8-1-b22.... ). The package you try to install is built with a newer kernel and not compatible with yours. You need to find a version with your kernel and use that.. If you installed recently you can find the package already compiled with your build. You can download and install it via opkg.

plato wrote:

Because this is trunk build, if anything in the kernel changes ( in this case kmod-fuse ) you cannot upgrade these.. These kernel modules are built with your linux kernel ( in this case lower than 3.6.8-1-b22.... ). The package you try to install is built with a newer kernel and not compatible with yours. You need to find a version with your kernel and use that..

First part is right, as there is a rather strict checksum based on kernel options and the phase of the moon... In practice you need to install such kernel add-on modules that have been compiled at the same time as the kernel itself. Otherwise you get a checksum error. It is not about newer/older, as the kernel checksum is a normal md5sum.

You can circumvent the restriction by "opkg install --force-depends", which make opkg to bypass the checksum requirement. That may work, if the modules are for the same kernel version. But it may also cause unstability for the system, if there is some actual difference between the kernel options of the versions. see http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/opkg#options

(Last edited by hnyman on 7 Dec 2012, 11:10)

ds281 wrote:
fatboy wrote:

TeeZee, are you willing to share your clean up patch and config file with us?  I also have been picking out patches from arokh's build to make a custom image for 2 of my WNDR3700v1 and a WNDR3800.  My focus is primary in creating a stable optimized gateway like you do.  I have a NAS for all my medias so I don't really need my gateway to be a media server.

My image currently include all the features in the first post with the following exception.

Removed:
- MiniDLNA
- SAMBA server
- HD-idle

Added:
+ OpenVPN
+ multiwan
+ wondershaper

I'd be interested in your build - sounds exactly like what I'm after too.  Any chance you'll make it publicly available?

Sure I'll share my build/config, whatever, if it helps anybody. But it's not so special right now.

I too want to share some experiences that may help others in not making my mistakes.
I for one have been searching for days why my wireless internet bandwidth sometimes was up to the full 60Mbps and sometimes kept stuck at around 20Mbps (tried different builds and that takes time!) only to find that running inSSIDer (great tool!) kills wifi throughput! So the build was fine after all!

I also spent a lot of time finding the cause why my router had errors at the system tab and had lost all configuration changes after reboot. It appeared I had 2 problems: the image was too large, so the jffs overlay did not mount (so config was on volatile memory). Number 2 was a type in my predefined config that crashed Luci on the system tab.

My build is now simple and stable based of both the config of arokh and the latest attitude adjust release.
This is what I would like to work towards:

• stay close to the stable attitude adjust sources and first fix instabilities before experimenting with features. Tag stable releases

• a stable build that has all basic router functionality on board (openvpn, l2tp, IP4, IP6, shaping, etc).

• a build that works out of the box (like arokh did, wireless available for easy config, most work is done already!) Just restore personal configuration using Luci and off go!

• which works well with USB-overlay so anybody can install it's desired custom packages

• all changes at least a *bit* documented (why the change?)

• optimised for speed and size (and tx-power/CRDA-reg settings, will look into it once more, to really confirm it doesn't work)

• predefined firewall rules for VPN etc ready to activate.

• preconfigured zones: public, lan, wan, vpn

• dnsmasq configured with dnsmasq.d directory & ad banning includes

Add ons:

• I made a public hotspot using lua (a separate zone, dnsmasq script to trigger generation of a ticket, lua for web interface, iptables for redirects and blocking, etc) - I want to make it a package.

• I want to use iptable rules to account certain traffic (lua script, web interface, + simple iptables "--comment" rules = nihil cpu) E.g. account for all news traffic = iptables

I personally do like accessing the router with samba, so if size allows it I will include a (minimal?) samba. (I believe arokh did some crunching excluding nmbd)

I want to look into the solution of upgrading an USB-overlayed router when a new kernel is used; currently the overlay is switched off automatically and all packages must be removed and reinstalled manually. I would like that scripted.

I am now looking into the required modules for IPTABLES to get firewall rule"L2TP ESP" working:

config 'rule'
        option 'target' 'ACCEPT'
        option 'name' 'L2TP ESP'
        option 'src' 'wan'
        option 'proto' 'udp'
        option 'dest_port' '1701'
        option 'extra' '-m policy --strict --dir in --pol ipsec --proto esp'
        option enabled          0

[EDIT: the above requires "iptables-mod-ipsec"]

A wiki for those who are looking for similar build would be handy... Anybody who wants to contribute?

Ragards,

TeeZee

(Last edited by TeeZee on 9 Dec 2012, 23:41)

ds281 wrote:
fatboy wrote:

Removed:
- MiniDLNA
- SAMBA server
- HD-idle

Added:
+ OpenVPN
+ multiwan
+ wondershaper

I have my patch, config and builds up at http://gzone.com/openwrt/ if anyone interested.  The builds are router focus and not so much file sharing server focus.

fatboy wrote:

I have my patch, config and builds up at http://gzone.com/openwrt/ if anyone interested.  The builds are router focus and not so much file sharing server focus.

Minor thing, but there is something strange regarding the LED definitions. As those two LEDs are added by uci-defaults scripts at the first boot, I wonder why they are defined here, and with two different names: wan_led/led_wan and usb_led/led_usb ...

(Additionally, 00-aa-package.diff is just a subset of 00-aa-main.diff, right?)

fatboy wrote:
ds281 wrote:
fatboy wrote:

Removed:
- MiniDLNA
- SAMBA server
- HD-idle

Added:
+ OpenVPN
+ multiwan
+ wondershaper

Hi Roger,
Great thing to make your work available! I won't be able to check it out soon, since I'm in my own builds right now. Any idea how to ensure that builds don't exceed the size of the target without warning? I'm trying to fill up the non-volatile to the max.
You might add the branch your using to the description (attitude adjust / barrier breaker).

Hi all,

Correcting power levels a definite NO-NO for the WNDR3700...

Since the router is limited to lower txpower and less frequencies than is allowed in my country, I tried (once more, sigh) to improve the router's performance. Note that my router has the Atheros custom WOR0_WORLD = 0x60 World domain in EEPROM (dmesg: "ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x60") and not the American 00-domain.

• I read 1 million posts about crda, regulatory.bin, openwrt & wndr3700 - some claim success some not

• I rebuilt regulatory.bin, with a customised db.txt

• I enabled the kernel option CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD

• I fiddled in "regd.c" to ensure that the effect of "404-ath_regd_optional.patch" was present

The good:

• It is possible to use more frequencies on both 2.4 and 5ghz

The bad:

• "iw list" shows more frequency options, but eg. 2.4 except ch 14 stay all limited to 17 dbm.

• I cannot get power levels over 17mdb (on 2.4 band), even if I can get the router to accept the values, the effect seems none (monitoring with inSSIDer)

The odd:

• My self-signed regulatory.bin is not accepted by regdbdump: "Database signature verification failed.", but neither is any of the 'fixed' regulatory.bin files found on the internet.

• The router accepts my change on the '00' region, dmesg reads "World regulatory domain updated:" and reads back the settings I provided in the db.txt (no nagging on signatures or anything.

• When selecting region '00' as the region the router allows some more settings as described above "the good"

• Selecting my own (or any other modified country (with identical settings as the world region), reads back the old region settings, that were NOT in my db.txt file (what the f...!?)

I also read a post with a (dead) link to the FCC-report that concluded that to power of the device is in fact (too) limited.

So, I think there is nobody that can actually confirm improvements. I probably also did some things wrong.
Too bad. Case closed. On with more useful things.

TeeZee

(Last edited by TeeZee on 13 Dec 2012, 09:20)

Disable CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD and you should be able to use power levels over 17dbm.

arokh wrote:

Disable CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD and you should be able to use power levels over 17dbm.

Are you saying you have a wndr3700 that actually crosses the 17dbm barrier!? If it works I'll 'eat my hat'. I'd say: show me the working firmware.

I just did the compile to make sure and...No go.
It also doesn't seem to make sense to disable "CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD" to make it work. I would think the opposite.

Maybe the patch to ignore signing is not in place...? Who knows.
I'd like to see a working build that exceeds 17dbm levels.

(Last edited by TeeZee on 13 Dec 2012, 20:02)

TeeZee wrote:
arokh wrote:

Are you saying you have a wndr3700 that actually crosses the 17dbm barrier!? If it works I'll 'eat my hat'.

My WNDR3700v1 with the last arokh (OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r34054 / LuCI Trunk (trunk+svn9414)) transmits:

Mode: Master | SSID: ****
BSSID: ---------------- | Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Channel: 11 (2.462 GHz) | Tx-Power: 26 dBm
Signal: -43 dBm | Noise: -89 dBm
Bitrate: 107.0 Mbit/s | Country:US

BSSID: --------------- | Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Channel: 161 (5.805 GHz) | Tx-Power: 24 dBm
Signal: -49 dBm | Noise: -95 dBm
Bitrate: 216.0 Mbit/s | Country:US

Wolf666 wrote:
TeeZee wrote:
arokh wrote:

Are you saying you have a wndr3700 that actually crosses the 17dbm barrier!? If it works I'll 'eat my hat'.

My WNDR3700v1 with the last arokh (OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r34054 / LuCI Trunk (trunk+svn9414)) transmits:

BSSID: ---------------- | Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Channel: 11 (2.462 GHz) | Tx-Power: 26 dBm
Signal: -43 dBm | Noise: -89 dBm
Bitrate: 107.0 Mbit/s | Country:US

BSSID: --------------- | Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Channel: 161 (5.805 GHz) | Tx-Power: 24 dBm
Signal: -49 dBm | Noise: -95 dBm
Bitrate: 216.0 Mbit/s | Country:US

Ok, the NA version or the other one? I'll pick it up and set the region to US and give it a try (especially if the digits actually show measurable results). Is your model native region 0x00 or 0x60?

Just downloaded and tried the same version and cannot set power above 17mdb (cannot even get to channel 161 on 5Ghz). Tried plain Luci (not an option). Tried:

root@OpenWrt:/# iwconfig wlan0 txpower 17
root@OpenWrt:/# iwconfig wlan0 txpower 18
Error for wireless request "Set Tx Power" (8B26) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

Tried different country codes (00, US).

also

iw reg get; iw list | grep -i MHz

shows that >17mdb will NOT work

(Last edited by TeeZee on 13 Dec 2012, 20:30)

TeeZee wrote:

Ok, the NA version or the other one? I'll pick it up and set the region to US and give it a try (especially if the digits actually show measurable results). Is your model native region 0x00 or 0x60?

I remember I flashed the NA version and then I always used the sys upgrade. I bought my model in Italy, from some e-store, I cannot confirm the native region but from Kernel Log should be 0x00:

[   33.290000] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x0
[   33.290000] ath: EEPROM indicates default country code should be used
[   33.290000] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search
[   33.290000] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a
[   33.290000] ath: Country alpha2 being used: US
[   33.290000] ath: Regpair used: 0x3a
[   33.290000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   33.290000] Registered led device: ath9k-phy0
[   33.290000] ieee80211 phy0: Atheros AR9280 Rev:2 mem=0xb0000000, irq=40

Wolf666 wrote:
TeeZee wrote:

I remember I flashed the NA version and then I always used the sys upgrade. I bought my model in Italy, from some e-store, I cannot confirm the native region but from Kernel Log should be 0x00:

[   33.290000] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x0
[   33.290000] ath: EEPROM indicates default country code should be used
[   33.290000] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search
[   33.290000] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a
[   33.290000] ath: Country alpha2 being used: US
[   33.290000] ath: Regpair used: 0x3a
[   33.290000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   33.290000] Registered led device: ath9k-phy0
[   33.290000] ieee80211 phy0: Atheros AR9280 Rev:2 mem=0xb0000000, irq=40

Ok, you have the US version. mine had the 0x60 domain. No idea how to proceed. I can't measure if power levels above 17dbm are indeed produced. Can't get it to work anyway. Maybe with a different regdomain.bin, maybe not in any way..

Thanks anyway.

furic wrote:
furic wrote:

Hello
I'm on  Barrier Breaker r34054 and trying to install ntfs-3g.
Here is the error I get, can anyone help please?

Installing ntfs-3g (2011.4.12-1-fuseint) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ntfs-3g_2011.4.12-1-fuseint_ar71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ntfs-3g:
 *     kernel (= 3.6.8-1-b22ecb1214fc38c754cb8110b4383804) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ntfs-3g.

Thanks a lot

May be someone can tell me the latest build that supports ntfs-3g ?

You should modify /etc/opkg.conf

src/gz attitude_adjustment http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-beta2/ar71xx/generic/packages
src/gz arokh http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/builds/normal/r34054/packages
src/gz arokh-normal http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/builds/normal/r34054/packages
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay

Then you can successfully install ntfs-3g and any other packages you want.

(Last edited by wsxhwyy on 13 Dec 2012, 20:36)

TeeZee wrote:

Are you saying you have a wndr3700 that actually crosses the 17dbm barrier!? If it works I'll 'eat my hat'. I'd say: show me the working firmware.

# iw reg get; iw list | grep -i MHz
country NO:
    (2402 - 2494 @ 40), (N/A, 30)
    (4910 - 5835 @ 40), (N/A, 30)
            * 5180 MHz [36] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5200 MHz [40] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5220 MHz [44] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5240 MHz [48] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5260 MHz [52] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5280 MHz [56] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5300 MHz [60] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5320 MHz [64] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5500 MHz [100] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5520 MHz [104] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5540 MHz [108] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5560 MHz [112] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5580 MHz [116] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5600 MHz [120] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5620 MHz [124] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5640 MHz [128] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5660 MHz [132] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5680 MHz [136] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5700 MHz [140] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5745 MHz [149] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5765 MHz [153] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5785 MHz [157] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5805 MHz [161] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5825 MHz [165] (30.0 dBm)
         * short GI for 40 MHz
            * 2412 MHz [1] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2417 MHz [2] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2422 MHz [3] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2427 MHz [4] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2432 MHz [5] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2437 MHz [6] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2442 MHz [7] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2447 MHz [8] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2452 MHz [9] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2457 MHz [10] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2462 MHz [11] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2467 MHz [12] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2472 MHz [13] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2484 MHz [14] (30.0 dBm)
         * short GI for 40 MHz

Any of my builds should work with a proper regulatory.bin. Keep in mind that they moved away from using crda in trunk, not sure what kind of trick you need now.

Hey there.
Thanks for providing fully-featured builds for the WNDR3700. smile

I'm using the build from fatboy and I'm running into some issues regarding WiFi. I can't enable my configured networks. It says "Wireless is restarting" but it always reverts back to disabled.
There's nothing in the logs. sad

Is anyone else encountering the same issues?

Mode AP - Channel 8 - B/G/N - 40MHz (below) - 25dBm (Country DE) - WPA2-PSK (AES) - WMM disabled - other settings default

(Last edited by vkins on 14 Dec 2012, 14:21)

ferob wrote:
written_direcon wrote:

What I have to do is:

• Modify the build-script a bit more to apply initial patches

• Adapt all patches from arokh's builds - DONE!!

• Get all build variant config files from arokh - DONE!!

Any news on your progress?

Almost done. Just one patch missing and I can add this patch later.

I 'll try to prepare a build this weekend.

arokh wrote:
TeeZee wrote:

# iw reg get; iw list | grep -i MHz
country NO:
            * 5180 MHz [36] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5200 MHz [40] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5220 MHz [44] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5240 MHz [48] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5260 MHz [52] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5280 MHz [56] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5300 MHz [60] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5320 MHz [64] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5500 MHz [100] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5520 MHz [104] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5540 MHz [108] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5560 MHz [112] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5580 MHz [116] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5600 MHz [120] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5620 MHz [124] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5640 MHz [128] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5660 MHz [132] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5680 MHz [136] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5700 MHz [140] (30.0 dBm) (passive scanning, no IBSS, radar detection)
            * 5745 MHz [149] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5765 MHz [153] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5785 MHz [157] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5805 MHz [161] (30.0 dBm)
            * 5825 MHz [165] (30.0 dBm)
         * short GI for 40 MHz
            * 2412 MHz [1] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2417 MHz [2] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2422 MHz [3] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2427 MHz [4] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2432 MHz [5] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2437 MHz [6] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2442 MHz [7] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2447 MHz [8] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2452 MHz [9] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2457 MHz [10] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2462 MHz [11] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2467 MHz [12] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2472 MHz [13] (30.0 dBm)
            * 2484 MHz [14] (30.0 dBm)
         * short GI for 40 MHz

Any of my builds should work with a proper regulatory.bin. Keep in mind that they moved away from using crda in trunk, not sure what kind of trick you need now.

Hi arokh,

-Do you have the 0x60 or the 0x0 EEPROM? (maybe it works, but not on all harware)
-Do you use the regulatory.bin provided with your build for the above results? (ie how come it doesn't work for me)
-Does your build check for proper signatures of the .bin? (ie will a regulatory with failing "regdbdump" fail)

Thanks.

(Last edited by TeeZee on 14 Dec 2012, 22:53)

I just wanna know how hard it was to eat that hat.

vkins wrote:

Hey there.
Thanks for providing fully-featured builds for the WNDR3700. smile

I'm using the build from fatboy and I'm running into some issues regarding WiFi. I can't enable my configured networks. It says "Wireless is restarting" but it always reverts back to disabled.
There's nothing in the logs. sad

Is anyone else encountering the same issues?

Mode AP - Channel 8 - B/G/N - 40MHz (below) - 25dBm (Country DE) - WPA2-PSK (AES) - WMM disabled - other settings default

There was some issues with the previous builds.  I have removed them from the site and created new images.  I tested all the images with my WNDR3700 and WNDR3800 and confirmed it's working.  Sorry, I was making a lot of changes trying to clean up the patches and I must have screw up something.

johnthomas00 wrote:

I just wanna know how hard it was to eat that hat.

Well johnthomas, you're a bit too eager here ;-) I can post all sorts of values, but I am waiting for a working firmware for my router. Now I haven's seen it yet.
So I'll keep my hat in the marinade for now. Letting it get all tasty for when the eating is due...

@TeeZee

I got the 0x0 version. I use my own regulatory.bin, you can grab it if you'd like to try. World and NO (Norway) should be unlimited.

Some more fanservice, created an updated overclock build: http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/d … overclock/

It's a slimmed down alt version, removed samba36 and nzbget.

arokh wrote:

@TeeZee

I got the 0x0 version. I use my own regulatory.bin, you can grab it if you'd like to try. World and NO (Norway) should be unlimited.

Some more fanservice, created an updated overclock build: http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/d … overclock/

It's a slimmed down alt version, removed samba36 and nzbget.

Hi arokh, thanks for the help. Sorry to say that it doesn't work.

I downloaded your release r34054, checked iw reg changes with the original and your new regulatory.bin. It doesn't work. iw list remains restricted. I guess the 0x60 world domain requires a different approach. Or is more fixed to some predefined settings...

Remarkable details:

iw get reg

country NO:

(Last edited by TeeZee on 18 Dec 2012, 22:19)

Sorry, posts 3476 to 3475 are missing from our archive.