OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Wndr4500

The content of this topic has been archived between 4 Sep 2013 and 8 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

beamsbox wrote:

You have DD-WRT on your WNDR4500? Which version? Anddo you have a link to tutorial? Basically I would guess you gotta change the burnboardid? But to what?

Cheers.

Well I have a WNDR4500V2 , working well with DD-WRT, the best stable custom build is 'Kong 25015-SP1' you can find it here --->http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC/25015-SP1/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC.bin , that is the one that I am using right now, and it's super! stable!

But you can get the last one from here ---> ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/

So Instructions :

First of All download this firmware from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/02-04-2 … 4500V2.chk , with this one you upgrade from your currrent stock netgear firmware to dd-wrt, later you can use my recommended build listed above , or you can use the last one available from the URL above.

Enjoy it

AxL

Is there even an experimental OpenWRT version for this router right now?
Any indication on how to build from trunk?

Zajec wrote:

We still need some RO filesystem that can compress extremely well, to match small flash sizes of other devices.(gluebi)

Since the WNDR4500 has 128MB of flash, could we use a file system that is less compressed and has some amount of error checking?

The discussion might have continued from here.