OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: D-LINK DIR-632, wireless router with 8 ports switch!

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Apr 2018 and 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

roadrunna wrote:

Old computer junk been using your image, and has been working well. Do we just follow your build procedure for newer builds and apply your patch to that? Very new to openwrt not sure how and upgrade could happen. I'd love to continue using openwrt on this router since it's been working very well.

trunk don't work stable.

Folder  attitude ajustment/target/linux/ar71xx with patch    ar71xx Attitude Ajustment 12.09 ver 36088 patched 
1)

REV=36088                                                                                                                                                            
svn co -r $REV svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/attitude_adjustment_12.09                                                                                          

copy folder ar71xx -> attitude_adjustment_12.09/target/linux
2)

cd attitude_adjustment_12.09                                                                                                                                                          
cp feeds.conf.default feeds.conf    # <-- I edited feeds.conf and removed xwrt to reduce some of the downloading                                                     
scripts/feeds update                                                                                                                                                 
scripts/feeds install -a            # <-- here instead, I ran a reduced selection of packages to reduce build time - see end of this wiki entry                      
make prereq                                                                                                                                                          
cat  > .config <<EOF                                                                                                                                                 
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx=y                                                                                                                                               
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic=y                                                                                                                                       
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_DIR632A1=y                                                                                                                              
CONFIG_PACKAGE_bridge=y             # <-- the following from here are optional, saves having to install opkg file                                                    
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wireless-tools=y                                                                                                                                      
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wget=y                                                                                                                                                
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ncat=y                                                                                                                                                
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wavemon=y                                                                                                                                             
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ethtool=y                                                                                                                                             
CONFIG_PACKAGE_mtd-utils=y                                                                                                                                           
CONFIG_PACKAGE_tcpdump-mini=y                                                                                                                                        
CONFIG_PACKAGE_usbutils=y                                                                                                                                            
EOF                                                                                                                                                                  
make defconfig                                                                                                                                                       

3)       
make menuconfig
make

(Last edited by alecs-art on 11 May 2014, 08:00)

alec-art. Thank you very much for the image.Just what I was looking for.How did you come about this.I'm very new to openwrt and like to learn how to do this for myself if possible for future builds. I really appreciate the help smile.

roadrunna wrote:

alec-art. Thank you very much for the image.Just what I was looking for.How did you come about this.I'm very new to openwrt and like to learn how to do this for myself if possible for future builds. I really appreciate the help smile.

I patch manually

Yes just used mtd to use this image and it seems more stable.Luci working awesome. Got up and running in no time. So far so good on this version.Definatly staying with this version. Got the packages I need pretty much. Have you used extroot to expand the space using a flashdrive? I wasn;t able to run the web server for luci on the trunk build. this version is running it fine. I think my usb port is broken or I need to use a usb hub for more amperage or something.I'll figure this out. Thanks again ,buddy.

Hey guys. Is there a flashable image available anywhere for the 632? My unix knowledge isn't all that awesome so I don't really know how to apply patches to trunks. I know this version it's not a ready for prime time thing but it seems to be as complete as DD-WRT and also actually supports IPv6 which is awesome.

it is possible to flash openwrt through the web interface ?

Any chance someone else could compile the firmware with patch for me please? And email it to stay@kiwr.com cheers!

AndrewSSS wrote:

I have compiled firmware for DIR-632 in brunch Barrier Breaker 14.07. I used patch https://github.com/AndewSSS/DIR632/blob … dify.patch

When using the patch I had a problem:

1) target/linux/ar71xx/config-3.8

I had to add

CONFIG_ATH79_MACH_DIR_632_A1=y
# CONFIG_ATHEROS_HEADER_EN is not set
# CONFIG_ATHRS_QOS is not set
CONFIG_NET_SCH_FQ_CODEL=y
# CONFIG_S26_SWITCH_ONLY_MODE is not set

2) target/linux/ar71xx/image/Makefile

Image/Build/DIR632A1=$(call Image/Build/Cameo,$(1),$(2),$(3),$(dir632a1_mtdlayout),2031616,5636096,$(4))

replace

define Image/Build/DIR632A1
    $(call Sysupgrade/KRuImage,$(1),$(2),2031616,5636096)
    if [ -e "$(call sysupname,$(1),$(2))" ]; then \
        ( \
            dd if=$(KDIR_TMP)/vmlinux-$(2).uImage bs=2031616 conv=sync; \
            dd if=$(KDIR)/root.$(1) bs=5636096 conv=sync; \
            echo -n $(4); \
        ) > $(call factoryname,$(1),$(2)); \
    fi
endef

and

dir632a1_mtdlayout=mtdparts=spi0.0:256k(u-boot)ro,64k(nvram),1984k(linux),5568k(rootfs),64k(MAC),192k(LP),64k(ART)ro,7488k@0x50000(firmware) debug loglevel=8

replace

dir632a1_mtdlayout=mtdparts=spi0.0:256k(u-boot)ro,64k(nvram),1984k(kernel),5568k(rootfs),64k(mac),192k(lp),64k(art)ro,7488k@0x50000(firmware) debug loglevel=8
j.stiles wrote:

Any chance someone else could compile the firmware with patch for me please? And email it to stay@kiwr.com cheers!

dir-632-a1 openwrt r45620 + luci
https://yadi.sk/d/l3hWFUkygz3ZV

(Last edited by in1t on 31 May 2015, 23:55)

Can someone please help me out in compiling the firmware Chaos_calmer +luci dir-632-a1. Have been trying for quite a while but no luck

horlagold wrote:

Can someone please help me out in compiling the firmware Chaos_calmer +luci dir-632-a1. Have been trying for quite a while but no luck

can wait when released final version ?

in1t
Please compile final version

AndrewSSS
in1t
Please share final compiled version firmware.

(Last edited by ISP on 1 Oct 2015, 09:23)

http://files.llorephie.org/openwrt/DIR- … 11oct2015/
Patch for latest trunk and compiled images.
Looks like it does *NOT* work (flashes, but no access to router. Or I've not complete tests), and I've no UBOOT run ability (no techs and time). Or maybe wrong build params, or something lost. Who can - test it.

(Last edited by Llorephie on 11 Oct 2015, 14:34)

Llorephie wrote:

http://files.llorephie.org/openwrt/DIR- … 11oct2015/
Patch for latest trunk and compiled images.
Looks like it does *NOT* work (flashes, but no access to router. Or I've not complete tests), and I've no UBOOT run ability (no techs and time). Or maybe wrong build params, or something lost. Who can - test it.

The router does not boot.

Is there a working firmware?
Please share final compiled version firmware.

Hello.
Who has the dump of the router.Flash chip 25L6445.

JFYI, if anyone still uses this a bit ancient board.
I pushed patches to bring up this board to #lede-dev for review yesterday.
If they will be accepted than this board will be fully supported including switch managability.

(Last edited by Ck-NoSFeRaTU on 27 Dec 2017, 07:43)

I have a DIR-632.  Any way I can get your patches to build myself?

Thanks.  I got it to compile on the master branch.  The factory firmware (version 1.03NA) refused to flash the built factory bin.  I solved that by changing the version tag at the end of the file from "A101-AR7242-RT-100324-02" to "A101-AR7242-RT-100324-01".

So far it looks good.  Have not tested everything yet.

Yeah, this legacy version tag is somewhat messy on that board, firmwares in my region (RU) uses these tags:

• factory 1.0.0 - A101-AR7242-RT-100324-03

• 1.0.2B06 - A101-AR7242-RT-100324-02

• 1.0.3B11 - A101-AR7242-RT-100324-03

• 1.4.0 - A101-AR7242-RT-100324-02

• 1.4.1 - A101-AR7242-RT-100324-02

• 2.6.1 - Tag is absent

My board was already updated to 2.6.1 and this firmware also updates u-boot to 1.1.4-g5c1f6284-dirty (Nov 18 2015 - 18:59:45). This version looks like don't check this tag at all. Nor in firmware`s web-ui, nor in u-boot recovery mode (10s reset push on power on).

The latest (and only) version on D-Links USA site is the very old 1.03NA, which as I mentioned is numbered -01.  The bootloader in my router is dated 2010.

How does recovery mode work?  I can get the power LED flashing yellow and serial console says it is in recovery mode, but no packets sent on any Ethernet ports.

You need to power off the board. Than connect router directly to pc using only one port, preferably wan-port, all other ports needs to be disconnected (or you will likely see FAIL in serial output and nothing will work). Setup static ip-address 192.168.0.2 on PC, push the reset button and then power on the board. Wait approximately 15 seconds (or until counter in serial output hits 10), then release reset button. After that recovery web-interface is available on http://192.168.0.1. So basically caveats are:

• Only one port must be active

• This port must have established link prior to entering recovery mode

• If the link on this port for whatever reason is dropped during recovery mode you will lose connectivity until reboot

(Last edited by Ck-NoSFeRaTU on 1 Jan 2018, 13:26)

The discussion might have continued from here.