OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-MR3020 Support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Jun 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Sorry if i repeating the problem, but i have no fix it with my router.
I have flashed the custom kernel and then router does not come to online, then i connected serial cable and i have saw my problem.

[    1.180000] Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k freed
mkdir: can't create directory '/dev/shm': Read-only file system
mkdir: can't create directory '/dev/pts': Read-only file system
mount: mounting devpts on /dev/pts failed: No such file or directory
/etc/preinit: line 1: can't create /dev/null: Read-only file system
/etc/preinit: line 1: can't open : no such file
[    2.620000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000200

Then i tried many times to type "tpl" after "Autobooting ....", but the kernel is still continue loadings.
Then i try the same on other router and i did enter to boot console.
Please help me with my router.
I can't to get boot console.

ps: sorry for my english ))

(Last edited by zdima on 23 Apr 2013, 11:59)

I think just Rx does not pin-outing, isn't it?
Where i can connecting to Rx on other point, only direct to AR9331 ?

I opened ticked about libftdi package in trunk.
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/13370

maybe someone can take a look at this, because I can't understand what I can to do else..

Hi!
I want to use the GPIO 18 and 20 (the slider) for I2C. Is there any debouncing circuit that needs to be removed?

After flashing this file (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory dated 03-Jun-2013) to TL-MR3020, all the LED is keep on blinking (about 3 seconds once) except power LED, and the network is keep on connect and disconnect.
Is there any way to recover my TL-MR3020?

I think the TL-MR3020 is version 1.0 since the FCC ID is TE7MR3020

smching wrote:

After flashing this file (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory dated 03-Jun-2013) to TL-MR3020, all the LED is keep on blinking (about 3 seconds once) except power LED, and the network is keep on connect and disconnect.

UART: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl- … tp.experts

pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:

Thank you for reply.
I'm using Ms Windows, it seems that tftp-hpa running on Linux. Can I use TFTP for windows & what is the steps?

smching wrote:
pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:

Thank you for reply.
I'm using Ms Windows, it seems that tftp-hpa running on Linux. Can I use TFTP for windows & what is the steps?

You can use TFTPD32: http://tftpd32.jounin.net. Just read carefully "Manual Method Using Serial Console and TFTP (Experts)" section from link which I gave you and don't make any mistake in addresses (erasing and copying flash).

can i ask you if you know that you flashed trunk instead of the "stable" images AA 12.09 ?

pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:

Thank you for reply.

You can use TFTPD32: http://tftpd32.jounin.net. Just read carefully "Manual Method Using Serial Console and TFTP (Experts)" section from link which I gave you and don't make any mistake in addresses (erasing and copying flash).

1. Open the case (TL-MR3020), connect its serial port to USB-Serial converter (3.3V)
2. Plug in the USB-Serial converter to computer & it detecting as COM3
3. Download and install TFTPD32
4. Copy OpenWRT image file (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin) to C:\Program Files\Tftpd32
5. Run tftpd32

Now I'm stuck here.
1. What is server interfaces?
2. I did not see any place to enter com port

smching wrote:
pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:

Thank you for reply.

1. Open the case (TL-MR3020), connect its serial port to USB-Serial converter (3.3V)
4. Copy OpenWRT image file (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin) to C:\Program Files\Tftpd32
5. Run tftpd32

Now I'm stuck here.

I manage to get into the U-Boot-console.
The server interfaces is my computer IP address and I must use PuTTY to set the COM port

smching wrote:
smching wrote:
pepe2k wrote:

5. Run tftpd32

Now I'm stuck here.

I manage to get into the U-Boot-console.
The server interfaces is my computer IP address and I must use PuTTY to set the COM port

For those who bricked their TL-MR3020 router, I wrote an article on how to fix the problem using Serial Console method.
Please visit http://ediy.com.my/index.php/blog/item/78-recover-bricked-tl-mr3020-wireless-n-router

imho it's a really bad idea to connect also VCC pin, where did you read that??

nebbia88 wrote:

I am sorry for not understanding your question.

smching wrote:
nebbia88 wrote:

You SHOULDN'T connect VCC signal from router to USB-UART adapter! In best case... it will break your adapter... in worst... your router! Please, change "connection diagram" table in your article... and add a warning (in red color) that the VCC signals mustn't be connected together.

pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:
nebbia88 wrote:

You SHOULDN'T connect VCC signal from router to USB-UART adapter! In best case... it will break your adapter... in worst... your router! Please, change "connection diagram" table in your article... and add a warning (in red color) that the VCC signals mustn't be connected together.

Yes you are right.
But I'm not using external power (power from mini USB). The only power is get from USB-UART adapter (TL-MR3020 work fine with 3.3V).

The USB-UART may not have sufficient current to drive the router, but I confirmed it work because:
1. It only use for a short while (I think not more than two minute to flash the image)
2. The USB-UART adapter had been test for use with other device which drain more current than the TL-MR3020

I think I should follow your suggestion to add warning message regarding VCC.

Thanks for remind me.

smching wrote:

But I'm not using external power (power from mini USB). The only power is get from USB-UART adapter (TL-MR3020 work fine with 3.3V).

It doesn't matter! The VCC signal in router is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT! It can be used to power USB-UART adapter using external adapter... You SHOULDN'T use VCC signal to power the router, do you understand now?

pepe2k wrote:
smching wrote:

It doesn't matter! The VCC signal in router is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT! It can be used to power USB-UART adapter using external adapter... You SHOULDN'T use VCC signal to power the router, do you understand now?

Oh. I'm understanding now. I didn't notice the VCC signal in router is an OUTPUT, I though it is input previously.

But very strange, how come it is working when I'm using in the other way round.

i saw many users having problems using vcc pin to power router, imho you had luck ^^

afaik input/output could be the same when speaking about DC xD

Sorry, posts 420 to 425 are missing from our archive.