OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT builds (CC) fully featured for various routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I just installed r39155.  Even though it is labeled as squashFS, it has a jffs2 partition and pivot overlay does not work  (It did on r39132).  Is this correct?

mbidewel wrote:

I just installed r39155.  Even though it is labeled as squashFS, it has a jffs2 partition and pivot overlay does not work  (It did on r39132).  Is this correct?

There is always a jffs2 partition on squashfs, so you can add your own packages.
I don't know about pivot overlay, can you be more specific?

OK, been awhile since I flashed my router.  The pivot overlay is described here:  http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extro … aker.trunk
I use a usb stick as a pivot overlay to reduce wear on my router's flash (WNDR3800)
The directions work flawlessly on r39132, but the usb stick never overlays root on r39155 or r39156.  Reverting to r39132 restored the function.

Desert wrote:

Do you get a IPv6 on your WAN-Side?

No, Kabel Deutschland has not enabled IP v6 for all users afaik.

mk13139, i will try your solution as soon as i get back home next week - thank you!

btw... happy holidays!

I have a massive log flood even with r39132:

Fri Dec 27 08:08:45 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:48 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:51 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:55 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:58 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring

WTF!!! I think there is no need to tell you there is no such address in my network.

philip_petev wrote:

I have a massive log flood even with r39132:

Fri Dec 27 08:08:45 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:48 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:51 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:55 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring
Fri Dec 27 08:08:58 2013 daemon.warn miniupnpd[1824]: SSDP packet sender [fe80::5c99:ef2a:b77:6ac6]:58313 not from a LAN, ignoring

WTF!!! I think there is no need to tell you there is no such address in my network.

You can try to add a drop rule in your firewall config:

config rule
        option src              lan
        option proto            all
        option dest_port        58313
        option target           DROP
        option family           ipv6

Hello,

Thanks for the great work.
If you compile build for 842nd will be great.

Happy holidays!

Regards,
Plamen

mk13139 wrote:

You can try to add a drop rule in your firewall config:

config rule
        option src              lan
        option proto            all
        option dest_port        58313
        option target           DROP
        option family           ipv6

Yeah, I've figured that out already. You know, I've disabled the rule today and there was no flood. As far as I know, the upnp protocol is a potential hole in the security, so the flood two day ago may has been an attack... My presumption only.

Thanks for the tip anyway and happy holidays !

(Last edited by philip_petev on 30 Dec 2013, 12:22)

Beware: avoid the latest version r39156 !!! The firmware flash function in the web interface is non-working (sending the file via SCP restarts the router, the only solution is to copy it on a flash drive and issue sysupgrade via SSH with the file from the flash drive as a parameter) and you won't be able to downgrade to earlier version nor update to newer.

thanks for the warning. iam still on build r39155 and my log is spammed with these:

Mon Jan  6 21:04:51 2014 user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wan6 ()
Mon Jan  6 21:04:52 2014 daemon.warn 6relayd[19020]: Failed to relay to 2a02:810d:8000:9:a564:b8f2:xxxx:xxxx%br-lan (Operation not permitted)
Mon Jan  6 21:04:52 2014 daemon.warn 6relayd[19020]: Failed to relay to 2a02:810d:8000:9:754a:edec:xxxx:xxxx%br-lan (Operation not permitted)
Mon Jan  6 21:04:52 2014 daemon.warn 6relayd[19020]: Failed to relay to 2a02:810d:8000:9:8520:4d41:xxxx:xxxx%br-lan (Operation not permitted)
Mon Jan  6 21:04:52 2014 daemon.warn 6relayd[19020]: Failed to relay to 2a02:810d:8000:9:9d24:1506:xxxx:xxxx%br-lan (Operation not permitted)

Usually " Reloading firewall due to ifup of wan6 ()" is followed by an internet disconnect (lan / wlan connection remains intact) for a few minutes. Is there any solution?

I do not have that Log-Spam and no Internet Connection Drop, but i use a IPv6 HE.net Tunnel on my WAN6, maybe you could try to disconnect the WAN6 Interface and look if it helps?

Desert wrote:

I do not have that Log-Spam and no Internet Connection Drop, but i use a IPv6 HE.net Tunnel on my WAN6, maybe you could try to disconnect the WAN6 Interface and look if it helps?

Did that, log spam is gone - thank you, Desert!
I hope this solves my disconnects, too.

Nope, it doesn't hmm Now this happens approx. every 50 minutes

Tue Jan  7 20:11:40 2014 daemon.notice netifd: wan (18177): Sending renew...
Tue Jan  7 19:11:40 2014 daemon.notice netifd: wan (18177): Lease of  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx obtained, lease time 5400

(Last edited by ChaosD on 7 Jan 2014, 23:32)

To me it looks normal, because its the Lease-Time-Renew for the IPv4 Connection to Kabel Deutschland. Internetaccess should be ok even with these Entrys. I have the same Entrys but no disconnects.

(Last edited by Desert on 7 Jan 2014, 23:35)

eeff11 wrote:
mk13139 wrote:

Supported routers:

  • TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1 & v2

  • TP-Link TL-WDR3500/WDR3600/WDR4300/WDR4310/MW4530R

  • Netgear WNDR3700/WNDR3700v2/WNDR3800/WNDRMAC/WNDRMACv2

  • Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH

  • Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

Current build: r39028

How about other models?

tp-link TL-wr2041n
TL-wr720n

Also, Tp-link TL-wr710n would be great

Desert,
then the only suspicious looking entry remains this one:

17:16:08 2014 user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wan ()

it happens after each renew. Do you get that, too?

Yes Sir:

Thu Jan  9 20:05:39 2014 daemon.notice netifd: wan (26763): Lease of 31.16.0.0 obtained, lease time 5400
Thu Jan  9 20:05:39 2014 user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wan ()

and no Internet Connection drops.

Seems to be fixed in newer builds: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14710
I'll compile a new build soon!

@philip_petev That's strange? I can't find any changes between 39156 and my previous build related to the upgrade function..  I will test the upgrade function before posting the new build wink

(Last edited by mk13139 on 10 Jan 2014, 10:57)

Hello,

Finally I've debricked my 1043 and flash with your build. GREAT WORK!
Thanks man!

Can you add web administration, mini DLNA and my cloud in the new build?

Thank you!

Regards,
Plamen

(Last edited by flameelement on 12 Jan 2014, 10:54)

New build added, should fix the reloading firewall issues.

@philip_petev
As I expected, upgrading from 39156 to 39222 didn't give any problems, so don't worry. Did you check the md5sum when you upgraded to 39156?

@flameelement
Great to hear! Maybe I'll add miniDLNA in the future, but you can always add it yourself too.
Because these builds are trunkbuilds, you need to install the packages using this command:

opkg install yourpackagename --force-depends

(Last edited by mk13139 on 12 Jan 2014, 13:40)

mk13139 wrote:

New build added, should fix the reloading firewall issues.

@philip_petev
As I expected, upgrading from 39156 to 39222 didn't give any problems, so don't worry. Did you check the md5sum when you upgraded to 39156?

Why would I ask for the checksums (my first post in this thread), if I don't use them?
I'll try the new one and will report.

Hi , dude i have a problem with your firmware. i have wr1043ND with gigabite connection (500mbps) and gigabite network card , with original firmware wifi have many disconects. This firmware is good but my wan-lan speed is 200mbps and wifi 40Mhz not working sad please give some solutions or tips .. . with original firware from openwrt, luci is missing( i installed manualy) and pppoe protocol is missing:( . thank you man and sorry for my bad english

adiannon.xs wrote:

Hi , dude i have a problem with your firmware. i have wr1043ND with gigabite connection (500mbps) and gigabite network card , with original firmware wifi have many disconects. This firmware is good but my wan-lan speed is 200mbps and wifi 40Mhz not working sad please give some solutions or tips .. . with original firware from openwrt, luci is missing( i installed manualy) and pppoe protocol is missing:( . thank you man and sorry for my bad english

The wan->lan limit is 200mbps for this router with OpenWRT, because OpenWRT always uses software NAT. If you want faster wan->lan speed you should look for a router with hardware NAT support in the original firmware or you should build a dedicated PC with pfSense OS for example.

40Mhz is working fine here, please post your configs.
LuCi and PPPOE are included in my builds, so it is quite odd you don't have them...

sorry i forget to say , my 1043nd is V2 with stock firmware i have 500mbps conection sad. and if set to 40mhz it says " wireless disabled " . Please tell me how can i post the configs txt?

adiannon.xs wrote:

sorry i forget to say , my 1043nd is V2 with stock firmware i have 500mbps conection sad. and if set to 40mhz it says " wireless disabled " . Please tell me how can i post the configs txt?

Yes the TL-WR1043ND v2 has hardware NAT, so the original firmware is much much faster than OpenWRT with software NAT.

Can you please post you wireless config?
You can post your config by SSH-ing into your router, 'vi /etc/config/wireless', then post the output here.

(Last edited by mk13139 on 13 Jan 2014, 10:47)

Sorry, posts 51 to 50 are missing from our archive.