I've been working on building OpenWRT images with a full feature set for various routers, based on the target ar71xx
These images contain the following support pre-built in:
* IPv6 native dual stack
* IPv6 tunnel services (for those of you who want IPv6 but your ISP does not support it yet)
* Web UI support (both HTTP & HTTPS)
* Devices on network scan features
* Some Real Time Graphs (default OpenWRT graphs)
* CLI has iftop for real time connection & bandwidth monitoring
* NTP client & server for time syncing
* Custom commands option in Web UI (i.e. CLI custom commands)
* Printer support (to share out a printer on your LAN)
* Dynamic DNS support
* UPnP support
* USB HDD support & support for NTFS file systems
* Multiwan support (i.e. for dual WAN setups)
* Radvd (for IPv6 advertisement stuffs)
* QoS & Wondershaper, P2P blocking to better manage traffic
* Diagnostics (Ping, traceroute)
* Support for 3G USB dongles, primarily Option, Sierra Wireless, Huawei & Qualcomm based dongles, you can configure these via the CLI or web ui.
* OpenVPN support (now with Web UI config page too)
* Strongswan support for IPSEC tunnels (CLI only no Web UI)
* ip6tables (for firewalling IPv6 traffic) in addition to the normal iptables
Appreciate anyone who tries out the built images that can provide feedback on how they went.
The idea is to provide as full a feature packed image as possible, with the focus being on ensuring IPv6 is supported as much as possible both natively and via tunnel services, therefore simplifying things for the less experienced among us to be able to take full advantage of OpenWRT and get onto IPv6. Note that I am not modifying the code provided by OpenWRT just adding all the necessary bits & compiling them into images for all to benefit.
Happy days hopefully for us all!
Except where specified, the factory images can be used to flash your router with OpenWRT directly from the manufacturers firmware. The sysupgrade images are to be used for upgrading an existing OpenWRT install (whether that be a firmware image I provide or the official OpenWRT builds, it will work)
This list now covers 18 router models/versions. The images support native IPv6 (as offered by some ISP's) or IPv6 tunneling services.
WNDR4300 (note this is based on trunk revision 39894 and there is no sysupgrade image available to be built at this stage)
http://www.mcservices.com.au/downloads/ … actory.img
(Last edited by AdamK on 2 Apr 2014, 07:22)