OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

lifehacksback wrote:

cat: /media/thagabe/MyLinux/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.0-rc1/arch/arm/boot/dts//armada-xp-mamba.dtb: No such file or directory
Makefile:181: recipe for target 'kernel_prepare' failed
make[5]: *** [kernel_prepare] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Parallel mksquashfs: Using 1 processor


Why is armada-xp-mamba.dtb not compiling on the 4.0 kernel?

edit: fixed "//" but still errors out at zimage-xp-armada not found ??

Is that a plain trunk image? There still isn't any official support for 4.0 in target/linux/mvebu, so I have been keeping a local branch for that. You can 'git apply' this patch:

http://staticky.com/wrt1900ac-testing/w … 4847.patch

That includes the patches necessary to build the dtb and most else of what was in patches-3.19 (fan control, etc.). It worked fine in the past, but I can't do anything but compile-test right now.

tombo wrote:
leitec wrote:
tombo wrote:

Hmm, I have Kaloz's 44455 and block-mount working. However, I'm using ext4 and mount is added using luci web interface.

When did you install it? If you installed it before the new package made it to the repository you're fine.

Last install was on 4th March or few days later, if I remember correctly, but not before this date.

Ah, I think that's when buildbot was still out. The repository must have had a compatible version still around.

For everyone reporting package problems with Kaloz's last build, it's now old enough that a lot of things aren't going to work with trunk snapshot packages. If you are just now installing that build, I'd recommend going with the snapshot build instead.

leitec wrote:
tombo wrote:
leitec wrote:

When did you install it? If you installed it before the new package made it to the repository you're fine.

Last install was on 4th March or few days later, if I remember correctly, but not before this date.

Ah, I think that's when buildbot was still out. The repository must have had a compatible version still around.

For everyone reporting package problems with Kaloz's last build, it's now old enough that a lot of things aren't going to work with trunk snapshot packages. If you are just now installing that build, I'd recommend going with the snapshot build instead.

Latest trunk won't accept Telnet connection. Any ideas?

wrtpat wrote:

PS. I've managed to work thru the steps of using 'quilt' to generate a .patch file.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with it.

Since the mwlwifi repo is managed by an OpenWrt developer, at this point I'd say just submit the patch there. But you can also send a patch against trunk to openwrt-devel following the guide: https://dev.openwrt.org/wiki/SubmittingPatches

Just submit your quilt patch in place:
- your quilt patch goes in package/kernel/mwlwifi/patches. (assuming you have this down already)
- when the patch in place, run 'make package/mwlwifi/refresh' to get the patch in the right format
- commit the patch to your local git repo and submit the commit (git send-email) to openwrt-devel (read the submission style guide)

That way, it submits the right change, which is a patch that creates your patch file.

grimley wrote:

Latest trunk won't accept Telnet connection. Any ideas?

It might have kept your settings in place. Telnet is disabled when a password is set.

CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r44828)
16:48:51 up  9:25,  load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.05


No 5ghz lockups to report yet, best the router has run to date I think.

leitec wrote:
grimley wrote:

Latest trunk won't accept Telnet connection. Any ideas?

It might have kept your settings in place. Telnet is disabled when a password is set.

Bingo.
Another lesson learned.
Thank you.

DavidMcWRT wrote:
gufus wrote:

Du..

How do I sync time with truunk? ntp won't work sad

I could never get my clients to sync with sysntpd.

My fix: install ntpd (available as a package), edit ntp.conf as required, stop and disable sysntpd, then restart ntpd (and set enabled).

I want the Linksys WRT1900AC set too

haoster wrote:

After three evenings trying to get samba working, there is still no luck. The usb harddrive connected to the usb port of the router remains inaccessible through network.
Could anyone please upload an image or tell me where I can download one which contains all the necessary packages for samba to work(use out of the box), with decent performance and reasonable stability?
Thanks in advance.

I have running OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44627 / LuCI (git-15.063.86061-b9e3aae) which is a trunk build from March 9th.

I needed to install kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-fs-vfat, and Luci-samba. Block-mount is not needed.

From there I added a mount point for the USB drive (128gb) by going to System->Mount Points

/dev/sda1 (117872 MB)     /home   ext4   defaults    no   no

Then Apply & save

On Services -> Network Shares I entered

share as the name  /home as the mount point and allow guests

In the startup area System->Startup I entered     mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /home

I then rebooted the router  - when it came up everything was mounted and was available via samba

Under mount points shows up this way
/dev/sda1         /home          72.19 GB / 113.18 GB            33% (35.22 GB)

Don't know if this will help you but it does work on this build.

I don't know what to do with all my spare time since I replaced my WRT1900AC with an RT-AC3200. ........ lol......

doxidad wrote:
haoster wrote:

After three evenings trying to get samba working, there is still no luck. The usb harddrive connected to the usb port of the router remains inaccessible through network.
Could anyone please upload an image or tell me where I can download one which contains all the necessary packages for samba to work(use out of the box), with decent performance and reasonable stability?
Thanks in advance.

I have running OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44627 / LuCI (git-15.063.86061-b9e3aae) which is a trunk build from March 9th.

I needed to install kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-fs-vfat, and Luci-samba. Block-mount is not needed.

From there I added a mount point for the USB drive (128gb) by going to System->Mount Points

/dev/sda1 (117872 MB)     /home   ext4   defaults    no   no

Then Apply & save

On Services -> Network Shares I entered

share as the name  /home as the mount point and allow guests

In the startup area System->Startup I entered     mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /home

I then rebooted the router  - when it came up everything was mounted and was available via samba

Under mount points shows up this way
/dev/sda1         /home          72.19 GB / 113.18 GB            33% (35.22 GB)

Don't know if this will help you but it does work on this build.

Could you send me a copy of your image? 

I don't know how to compile images and after I reflashed @Kaloz's most recent from 2/14 (Chaos Calmer r44455 git-14.359.33351-5e6c33e) I've lost the ability for DDNS (wget no longer functions) VPN (ssl doesn't work and fails to generate certs and ca's, coupled with refusing to start or output logs even though it's configured properly), and block mount isn't able to be installed (I'm assuming all are due to updated packages that aren't compatible with something within r44455).

(Last edited by JW0914 on 17 Mar 2015, 03:52)

wrtpat wrote:

I’ve made the following simple change to the Marvel driver code -
filename = build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/linux-mvebu/mwlwifi-10.2.6.1.p4-20141228/mwl_tx.c

Change line 398
from;
    if (ieee80211_is_assoc_resp(tr->wh.frame_control)) {
to;
    if (ieee80211_is_assoc_resp(tr->wh.frame_control) ||
        ieee80211_is_reassoc_resp(tr->wh.frame_control) ||
        ieee80211_is_auth(tr->wh.frame_control)) {

My MacBook now connects and stays connected… Yay!

I initially did the testing on R44464 trunk.
This morning, I integrated the change into a fresh build of latest trunk (R44783), and it seems to be working well there too.

Thought I would put it out there, for others in the greater community to test/consider/comment.
It's quite possible the change has implications for devices other than Mac.  Since I don't have access to every possible device type that someone might want to connect with, it would be good if others out there could give it a go and report findings.

Thanks for figuring that out.  Running the latest trunk with that patch and everything is golden.  Without it, wife's macbook couldn't stay connected, but mine could (mine runs windows).

Anyone knows why there is only jffs version of McWrt, and no squashfs?

leitec wrote:

Is that a plain trunk image? There still isn't any official support for 4.0 in target/linux/mvebu, so I have been keeping a local branch for that. You can 'git apply' this patch:

http://staticky.com/wrt1900ac-testing/w … 4847.patch

That includes the patches necessary to build the dtb and most else of what was in patches-3.19 (fan control, etc.). It worked fine in the past, but I can't do anything but compile-test right now.

@leitec,
Thanks for maintaining the 4.0 patch. I managed to compile the latest trunk with 4.0-rc4 which just released yesterday. Just an FYI you will have to remove 019-mtd-nand-pxa3xx-Fix-PIO-FIFO-draining.patch from target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.0/ as this has been incorporated into 4.0-rc4 ( https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kerne … 2=v4.0-rc3 )

Also, I had to edit this recent patch from trunk which was copied over to support 4.0: https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t … ?rev=44800

line 846 is missing a parameter: ubi_msg("EOF marker found, PEBs from %d will be erased",

this should read as: ubi_msg(ubi, "EOF marker found, PEBs from %d will be erased",

I've been running 4.0 for the past week now without any hangs. With 3.18 the longest I could go was 18hrs.

Anyone know what happened to Kaloz? Is he on vaca?

Firmware Version    OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44747 / LuCI (git-15.069.64601-4ab6dce)
Kernel Version    3.18.8

worked fine yesterday but this AM anytime I click on anything in LUCI it reverts back to the login page, then back to the main page.  Thoughts?

craig.reiners wrote:

Firmware Version    OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44747 / LuCI (git-15.069.64601-4ab6dce)
Kernel Version    3.18.8

worked fine yesterday but this AM anytime I click on anything in LUCI it reverts back to the login page, then back to the main page.  Thoughts?


clear cookies

belliash wrote:
craig.reiners wrote:

Firmware Version    OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44747 / LuCI (git-15.069.64601-4ab6dce)
Kernel Version    3.18.8

worked fine yesterday but this AM anytime I click on anything in LUCI it reverts back to the login page, then back to the main page.  Thoughts?


clear cookies


Duh that worked ... sorry for the dumb post ... busy damn work day lol

craig.reiners wrote:
belliash wrote:
craig.reiners wrote:

Firmware Version    OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44747 / LuCI (git-15.069.64601-4ab6dce)
Kernel Version    3.18.8

worked fine yesterday but this AM anytime I click on anything in LUCI it reverts back to the login page, then back to the main page.  Thoughts?


clear cookies


Duh that worked ... sorry for the dumb post ... busy damn work day lol

glad to help you

@l3333

Sure, just let me know what you need.

nitroshift

@leitec

I got the driver code for the Network Fast Processor and related stuff. The problem is that is full of Marvell references. I'm waiting for you to finish your holidays and when you come back I'll send you what I have to have a look. In the meantime, enjoy your free time!

nitroshift

@tusc

Funny, I didn't have to edit anything to get the image built (4.0-rc4).

nitroshift

nitroshift wrote:

@tusc

Funny, I didn't have to edit anything to get the image built (4.0-rc4).

nitroshift


Hmm...do you have the 019-mtd-nand-pxa3xx-Fix-PIO-FIFO-draining.patch file in your patches-4.0 directory? If you didn't copy all the patches from the 3.18 folder you probably wouldn't have experienced it.

doxidad wrote:
haoster wrote:

After three evenings trying to get samba working, there is still no luck. The usb harddrive connected to the usb port of the router remains inaccessible through network.
Could anyone please upload an image or tell me where I can download one which contains all the necessary packages for samba to work(use out of the box), with decent performance and reasonable stability?
Thanks in advance.

I have running OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44627 / LuCI (git-15.063.86061-b9e3aae) which is a trunk build from March 9th.

I needed to install kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-fs-vfat, and Luci-samba. Block-mount is not needed.

From there I added a mount point for the USB drive (128gb) by going to System->Mount Points

/dev/sda1 (117872 MB)     /home   ext4   defaults    no   no

Then Apply & save

On Services -> Network Shares I entered

share as the name  /home as the mount point and allow guests

In the startup area System->Startup I entered     mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /home

I then rebooted the router  - when it came up everything was mounted and was available via samba

Under mount points shows up this way
/dev/sda1         /home          72.19 GB / 113.18 GB            33% (35.22 GB)

Don't know if this will help you but it does work on this build.

I've tried this and no love.  Still new to Linux/OpenWRT not sure how to troubleshoot but I am unable to mount my drive by either LuCI or command line.  If I mount from command line I get "failed: Invalid Arguement"

root@AwkoTacoBeast:/home# mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 failed: Invalid argument

craig.reiners wrote:
doxidad wrote:
haoster wrote:

After three evenings trying to get samba working, there is still no luck. The usb harddrive connected to the usb port of the router remains inaccessible through network.
Could anyone please upload an image or tell me where I can download one which contains all the necessary packages for samba to work(use out of the box), with decent performance and reasonable stability?
Thanks in advance.

I have running OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44627 / LuCI (git-15.063.86061-b9e3aae) which is a trunk build from March 9th.

I needed to install kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-fs-vfat, and Luci-samba. Block-mount is not needed.

From there I added a mount point for the USB drive (128gb) by going to System->Mount Points

/dev/sda1 (117872 MB)     /home   ext4   defaults    no   no

Then Apply & save

On Services -> Network Shares I entered

share as the name  /home as the mount point and allow guests

In the startup area System->Startup I entered     mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /home

I then rebooted the router  - when it came up everything was mounted and was available via samba

Under mount points shows up this way
/dev/sda1         /home          72.19 GB / 113.18 GB            33% (35.22 GB)

Don't know if this will help you but it does work on this build.

I've tried this and no love.  Still new to Linux/OpenWRT not sure how to troubleshoot but I am unable to mount my drive by either LuCI or command line.  If I mount from command line I get "failed: Invalid Arguement"

root@AwkoTacoBeast:/home# mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 failed: Invalid argument

Is your drive  formatted ext4 and there is a directory creates named sda1 located in /mnt?