OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@tusc

Hunk #1 succeeded at 810 with fuzz 1 (offset 10 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 837.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/mtd/ubi/attach.c
patching file drivers/mtd/ubi/ubi.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 701.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/mtd/ubi/ubi.h
Patch platform/494-mtd-ubi-add-EOF-marker-support.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

doesn't want to compile hmm

Edit: haha the same patch is in ./target/linux/generic/494... which is causing the error
still nothing hmm

(Last edited by lifehacksback on 17 Mar 2015, 21:33)

doxidad wrote:
craig.reiners wrote:
doxidad wrote:

I have running OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44627 / LuCI (git-15.063.86061-b9e3aae) which is a trunk build from March 9th.

I needed to install kmod-fs-ext4, kmod-fs-vfat, and Luci-samba. Block-mount is not needed.

From there I added a mount point for the USB drive (128gb) by going to System->Mount Points

/dev/sda1 (117872 MB)     /home   ext4   defaults    no   no

Then Apply & save

On Services -> Network Shares I entered

share as the name  /home as the mount point and allow guests

In the startup area System->Startup I entered     mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /home

I then rebooted the router  - when it came up everything was mounted and was available via samba

Under mount points shows up this way
/dev/sda1         /home          72.19 GB / 113.18 GB            33% (35.22 GB)

Don't know if this will help you but it does work on this build.

I've tried this and no love.  Still new to Linux/OpenWRT not sure how to troubleshoot but I am unable to mount my drive by either LuCI or command line.  If I mount from command line I get "failed: Invalid Arguement"

root@AwkoTacoBeast:/home# mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 failed: Invalid argument

Is your drive  formatted ext4 and there is a directory creates named sda1 located in /mnt?

yes on both.  I get that error even if I leave off the -t ext4

dmesg:

4.949472] init: - preinit -
[    5.172567] usb 3-2: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
[    5.201925] random: procd urandom read with 110 bits of entropy available
[    5.210721] usb-storage 3-2:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[    5.219082] scsi host1: usb-storage 3-2:1.0
[    5.955818] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
[    6.224596] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     WD       My Book 1230     1065 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[    6.235290] scsi 1:0:0:1: Enclosure         WD       SES Device       1065 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[    6.245142] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 732558336 4096-byte logical blocks: (3.00 TB/2.72 TiB)
[    6.259841] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[    6.265033] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 53 00 10 08
[    6.274301] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
[    6.279647] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[    6.290665] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 732558336 4096-byte logical blocks: (3.00 TB/2.72 TiB)
[    6.309383]  sda: sda1
[    6.318049] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 732558336 4096-byte logical blocks: (3.00 TB/2.72 TiB)
[    6.335327] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[    9.422939] UBIFS: background thread "ubifs_bgt0_1" started, PID 461

(Last edited by craig.reiners on 17 Mar 2015, 21:15)

I don't get that error.

[    6.387168] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 31266816 512-byte logical blocks: (16.0 GB/14.9 GiB)
[    6.397641] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[    6.402531] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[    6.404584] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[    6.423676]  sda: unknown partition table
[    6.434573] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk



root@ZOMGWTFBBQWIFI:~# umount /system
root@ZOMGWTFBBQWIFI:~# mount -t ext4 /dev/sda /system

gufus wrote:
DavidMcWRT wrote:
gufus wrote:

Du..

How do I sync time with truunk? ntp won't work sad

I could never get my clients to sync with sysntpd.

My fix: install ntpd (available as a package), edit ntp.conf as required, stop and disable sysntpd, then restart ntpd (and set enabled).

I want the Linksys WRT1900AC set too

It also syncs the router's clock.

belliash wrote:

Anyone knows why there is only jffs version of McWrt, and no squashfs?

Or maybe another way... If id like to build squashfs, then do I need just to enable it in config, or does McWrt miss some support for squashfs on wrt1900ac?

tusc wrote:
leitec wrote:

Is that a plain trunk image? There still isn't any official support for 4.0 in target/linux/mvebu, so I have been keeping a local branch for that. You can 'git apply' this patch:

http://staticky.com/wrt1900ac-testing/w … 4847.patch

That includes the patches necessary to build the dtb and most else of what was in patches-3.19 (fan control, etc.). It worked fine in the past, but I can't do anything but compile-test right now.

@leitec,
Thanks for maintaining the 4.0 patch. I managed to compile the latest trunk with 4.0-rc4 which just released yesterday. Just an FYI you will have to remove 019-mtd-nand-pxa3xx-Fix-PIO-FIFO-draining.patch from target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.0/ as this has been incorporated into 4.0-rc4 ( https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kerne … 2=v4.0-rc3 )

Also, I had to edit this recent patch from trunk which was copied over to support 4.0: https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t … ?rev=44800

line 846 is missing a parameter: ubi_msg("EOF marker found, PEBs from %d will be erased",

this should read as: ubi_msg(ubi, "EOF marker found, PEBs from %d will be erased",

I've been running 4.0 for the past week now without any hangs. With 3.18 the longest I could go was 18hrs.

The patch I linked to fixes that ubi patch, but I did it the way that the other patches in that series were done upstream. I used pr_notice() instead of adding the extra parameter to ubi_msg(). I don't think it matters all that much as long as it ends up with the right message type.

@lifehacksback try this:

http://staticky.com/wrt1900ac-testing/w … Brc4.patch

apply against a clean OpenWrt tree. That's my earlier patch plus 4.0-rc4 plus @wrtpat's mwlwifi patch.

(Last edited by leitec on 17 Mar 2015, 23:36)

Would someone please address questions I've asked multiple times with no responses? Mainly:

1. Does anyone know why every time a kernel mod package update occurs, kmod-usb-storage-extras for the previous version disappears from the package page while every other kmod has both the old and the new version still available?

2. Why does ssl no longer work properly within Kaloz's firmware from 2/14 (wget, openssl, openvpn, easy-rsa, etc)?

(Last edited by JW0914 on 18 Mar 2015, 12:31)

JW0914 wrote:

Would someone please address questions I've asked multiple times with no responses? Mainly:

1. Does anyone know why every time a kernel mod package update occurs, kmod-usb-storage-extras for the previous version disappears from the package page while every other kmod has both the old and the new version still available?

2. Why does ssl no longer work properly within Kaloz's firmware from 2/14 (wget, openssl, openvpn, easy-rsa, etc)?

At the risk of not being very helpful I checked out my present version r44873 (which has seems to have no luci even though installed) and found that opkg was able to install kmod-usb-storage-extras with the --force-depends option.

It could be that many of the best answerers are using more recent versions than you and are unable to run tests with older versions.

Charlie

cblackxyzzy wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

Would someone please address questions I've asked multiple times with no responses? Mainly:

1. Does anyone know why every time a kernel mod package update occurs, kmod-usb-storage-extras for the previous version disappears from the package page while every other kmod has both the old and the new version still available?

2. Why does ssl no longer work properly within Kaloz's firmware from 2/14 (wget, openssl, openvpn, easy-rsa, etc)?

At the risk of not being very helpful I checked out my present version r44873 (which has seems to have no luci even though installed) and found that opkg was able to install kmod-usb-storage-extras with the --force-depends option.

It could be that many of the best answerers are using more recent versions than you and are unable to run tests with older versions.

Charlie

Good point, I never considered that and I should have [users being on a more recent firmware version].

How do I update to a newer firmware without building an image from scratch?

(Last edited by JW0914 on 18 Mar 2015, 16:46)

JW0914 wrote:
cblackxyzzy wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

Would someone please address questions I've asked multiple times with no responses? Mainly:

1. Does anyone know why every time a kernel mod package update occurs, kmod-usb-storage-extras for the previous version disappears from the package page while every other kmod has both the old and the new version still available?

2. Why does ssl no longer work properly within Kaloz's firmware from 2/14 (wget, openssl, openvpn, easy-rsa, etc)?

At the risk of not being very helpful I checked out my present version r44873 (which has seems to have no luci even though installed) and found that opkg was able to install kmod-usb-storage-extras with the --force-depends option.

It could be that many of the best answerers are using more recent versions than you and are unable to run tests with older versions.



Charlie

Good point, I never considered that and I should have [users being on a more recent firmware version].

How do I update to a newer firmware without building an image from scratch?

Just use the daily trunk/snapshot build. It is often linked to in this thread. I have two ways of choosing when to upgrade. The first is when I have to use opkg --force-depends to add software. The second is when I just feel like it. I used to get a recent positive review but don't bother with that any more.

Charlie

tusc wrote:

Anyone know what happened to Kaloz? Is he on vaca?

...busy getting you guys presents tongue

Kaloz wrote:
tusc wrote:

Anyone know what happened to Kaloz? Is he on vaca?

...busy getting you guys presents tongue

This sounds exciting and promising!

Kaloz wrote:
tusc wrote:

Anyone know what happened to Kaloz? Is he on vaca?

...busy getting you guys presents tongue

don't tease big_smile

@Kaloz

Easter Bunny coming with goodies? big_smile If so, I want hardware NAT wink

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 18 Mar 2015, 20:26)

cblackxyzzy wrote:
JW0914 wrote:
cblackxyzzy wrote:

At the risk of not being very helpful I checked out my present version r44873 (which has seems to have no luci even though installed) and found that opkg was able to install kmod-usb-storage-extras with the --force-depends option.

It could be that many of the best answerers are using more recent versions than you and are unable to run tests with older versions.



Charlie

Good point, I never considered that and I should have [users being on a more recent firmware version].

How do I update to a newer firmware without building an image from scratch?

Just use the daily trunk/snapshot build. It is often linked to in this thread. I have two ways of choosing when to upgrade. The first is when I have to use opkg --force-depends to add software. The second is when I just feel like it. I used to get a recent positive review but don't bother with that any more.

Charlie

I believe I found the right page (https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … u/generic/), however how do I find out which update img I need from the list?

JW0914 wrote:
cblackxyzzy wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

Good point, I never considered that and I should have [users being on a more recent firmware version].

How do I update to a newer firmware without building an image from scratch?

Just use the daily trunk/snapshot build. It is often linked to in this thread. I have two ways of choosing when to upgrade. The first is when I have to use opkg --force-depends to add software. The second is when I just feel like it. I used to get a recent positive review but don't bother with that any more.

Charlie

I believe I found the right page (https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … u/generic/), however how do I find out which update img I need from the list?

openwrt-mvebu-armada-xp-mamba-squashfs-factory.img
openwrt-mvebu-armada-xp-mamba-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

Look for typo's.

Charlie

cblackxyzzy wrote:
JW0914 wrote:
cblackxyzzy wrote:

Just use the daily trunk/snapshot build. It is often linked to in this thread. I have two ways of choosing when to upgrade. The first is when I have to use opkg --force-depends to add software. The second is when I just feel like it. I used to get a recent positive review but don't bother with that any more.

Charlie

I believe I found the right page (https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … u/generic/), however how do I find out which update img I need from the list?

openwrt-mvebu-armada-xp-mamba-squashfs-factory.img
openwrt-mvebu-armada-xp-mamba-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

Look for typo's.

Charlie

Thanks a bunch =]

I came across an openwrt wiki about adding user accounts, and I was wondering if it's recommended to set up an additional user and only use the root account or sudo when it's necessary.  I normally do so when I've used FreeNAS/FreeBSD on my servers, but I've never done so with a router (mainly because the root password is impossible to crack at 28 hexadecimal and symbol characters and I use a 4096 encryption on SSH).

Edit:  Also, is it recommended to reboot the router after installing a package, or what about installing several packages in a row?

(Last edited by JW0914 on 18 Mar 2015, 21:35)

I need TZ=DST

But it's not a option sad

option zonename 'America/Edmonton'
option timezone 'MST7MDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0'

Doesen't work

(Last edited by gufus on 18 Mar 2015, 22:38)

What about it doesn't work? It works fine from the shell:

leitec@e3000:~$ TZ='MST7MDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0' date
Wed Mar 18 14:50:16 MDT 2015
leitec@e3000:~$ 

(that's not a wrt1900ac, but it's OpenWrt)

On my Mac that zone string gives the same result as America/Edmonton.

leitec wrote:

OpenVPN is a single-threaded application. AES-256-CBC averaged a little higher but still around 30 mbit/sec.

Uhm, ok, but why? So does that mean if I want a strong router for mostly OpenVPN, the dual core doesnt give me any advantage? I was looking for a replacement router for my WNDR3800, because in the future I may get a 50mbit or even 100mbit VDSL line, and I route mostly all of my traffic through a VPN via OpenVPN.

leitec wrote:

What about it doesn't work? It works fine from the shell:

leitec@e3000:~$ TZ='MST7MDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0' date
Wed Mar 18 14:50:16 MDT 2015
leitec@e3000:~$ 

(that's not a wrt1900ac, but it's OpenWrt)

On my Mac that zone string gives the same result as America/Edmonton.

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/444.jpg

Does anyone know what would cause the router web login to display a black background and auto download the luci script contained within

/www/cgi-bin/luci

I was configuring openvpn via uci, rebooted the router because I couldn't get openvpn to start, and upon trying to login via the web interface, I'm presented with a completely blank, black screen and the luci script is immediately downloaded (screenshot: http://1drv.ms/1AH90dk)

Even more baffling... stopping uhttpd does nothing and the black page still loads, downloading the luci script, and uninstalling luci does nothing either [problem persists]

(Last edited by JW0914 on 19 Mar 2015, 01:37)

gufus wrote:
leitec wrote:

What about it doesn't work? It works fine from the shell:

leitec@e3000:~$ TZ='MST7MDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0' date
Wed Mar 18 14:50:16 MDT 2015
leitec@e3000:~$ 

(that's not a wrt1900ac, but it's OpenWrt)

On my Mac that zone string gives the same result as America/Edmonton.

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/444.jpg

Did you try /etc/init.d/system restart (or restarting the router)? That reloads the timezone config. Maybe luci doesn't do that itself (just guessing here!).

I pasted into my /etc/config/system the two lines you pasted earlier:

root@e3000:~# date
Wed Mar 18 19:36:40 EDT 2015
root@e3000:~# /etc/init.d/system restart
root@e3000:~# date
Wed Mar 18 17:36:45 MDT 2015
root@e3000:~# 
JW0914 wrote:

Does anyone know what would cause the router web login to display a black background and auto download the luci script contained within

/www/cgi-bin/luci

I was configuring openvpn via uci, rebooted the router because I couldn't get openvpn to start, and upon trying to login via the web interface, I'm presented with a completely blank, black screen and the luci script is immediately downloaded (screenshot: http://1drv.ms/1AH90dk)

Even more baffling... stopping uhttpd does nothing and the black page still loads, downloading the luci script, and uninstalling luci does nothing either [problem persists]

nvm... I'm an idiot... had to clear the browser cache.

Sorry, posts 3626 to 3625 are missing from our archive.