OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Chadster766 wrote:

What is the current AA kernel version?

root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 3.2.36 #1 SMP Mon Mar 3 08:13:56 ICT 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

Just noticed something else too

With wifi:

top - 22:25:22 up 11:00,  0 users,  load average: 5.50, 4.41, 4.32
Tasks:  65 total,   5 running,  60 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.0%us, 50.0%sy,  0.0%ni, 50.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:    255228k total,   213800k used,    41428k free,    27376k buffers
Swap:   524284k total,        0k used,   524284k free,   128372k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
 2513 root      20   0  2816   96   60 S    1  0.0   4:47.40 leds_monitor
    7 root      RT   0     0    0    0 R    0  0.0 224:13.76 migration/0

Without:

top - 17:02:01 up 1 day, 21:06,  0 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.05, 0.05
Tasks:  64 total,   1 running,  63 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.2%us,  0.2%sy,  0.0%ni, 99.7%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:    255228k total,   235780k used,    19448k free,     8408k buffers
Swap:   524284k total,        0k used,   524284k free,   176304k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
 2528 root      20   0  2816   96   60 S    1  0.0  16:19.67 leds_monitor
    7 root      RT   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:01.43 migration/0

Notice the massive decrease in migration/0 and the increase in leds_monitor. Guessing leds_monitor was getting starved before.

Geraner wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

What is the current AA kernel version?

root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 3.2.36 #1 SMP Mon Mar 3 08:13:56 ICT 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

Thanks smile

Looks like I just bricked my router?
Was uploading the openwrt-mvebu-jffs2-128k.img file from https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource … er-Breaker to try this firmware version.
Loading page took many minutes, nothing changed. Like the upload got stucked.
Only the Power LED in front and the LAN LED where an PC is connected was lighting.
I rebooted the router manually, Power-off - Power on.
Still the same. ONly Power LED and LAN LED lighting permanently.

How to make a factory reset? Just pressing the reset button for 10 seconds doesn't help.
Can not access the router via LAN IP 192.168.200.1.

/Geraner

Geraner wrote:

Was uploading the openwrt-mvebu-jffs2-128k.img file from https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource … er-Breaker to try this firmware version.
Loading page took many minutes, nothing changed. Like the upload got stucked.
Only the Power LED in front and the LAN LED where an PC is connected was lighting.
I rebooted the router manually, Power-off - Power on.
Still the same. ONly Power LED and LAN LED lighting permanently.

How to make a factory reset? Just pressing the reset button for 10 seconds doesn't help.
Can not access the router via LAN IP 192.168.200.1.

/Geraner

RATS! hu..

Try this
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 21#p233921

Geraner wrote:

/Geraner

BTY

I wouldn't try flashing from aa to bb or visa-versa

flash back to OEM first

IMHO

(Last edited by gufus on 3 Jun 2014, 21:48)

gufus wrote:
Geraner wrote:

/Geraner

BTY

I wouldn't try flashing from aa to bb or vies-versa

flash back to OEM first

IMHO

That's what I did. Flashed from aa to bb without moving back to OEM first. :-(
Pressing the reset button has no effect. Hold it for 20-30 seconds but the power LED never starts blinking.

(Last edited by Geraner on 3 Jun 2014, 21:04)

Drakia wrote:

Well, you can upgrade right to nyt's AA build from the web GUI as far as I know, but he hasn't built it with a web GUI installed, so at that point you would be stuck with telnet.

Well, I posted the source tree, I'd assume a user building it would modify the configuration to their liking.

Hi nyt in the make configuration tool, I could only see one option in there that referenced luci the web gui.  I enabled this option and run make again then loaded the new firmware back into the router. Unfortunately, still no luci for me.  There was another file in the root directory that had the luci feed hashed out #. I unhashed this also.

guitarman wrote:

Hi nyt in the make configuration tool, I could only see one option in there that referenced luci the web gui.  I enabled this option and run make again then loaded the new firmware back into the router. Unfortunately, still no luci for me.  There was another file in the root directory that had the luci feed hashed out #. I unhashed this also.

You need to install the luci feeds then enable all the options for the luci modules.  You might want to check out some docs for compiling openwrt.

(Last edited by nyt on 4 Jun 2014, 03:58)

nyt wrote:
Drakia wrote:

Well, you can upgrade right to nyt's AA build from the web GUI as far as I know, but he hasn't built it with a web GUI installed, so at that point you would be stuck with telnet.

Well, I posted the source tree, I'd assume a user building it would modify the configuration to their liking.

Ah I thought you had posted a .img file as well, my bad smile

nyt wrote:

still broken.

RATS!

digitalgeek wrote:
gufus wrote:
nyt wrote:

I'll fire off a build from https://github.com/jimmychungbelkin/Mamba

smile

I'm still running (Attitude Adjustment, r38260)

Do you have luci? can you share your image... some of us would love to, but do not have the facilities to build at this time. sad

Belkin has posted an AA build with luci.

No heartbleed in AA r38260 OpenVPN smile

mnt/sda1$ strings /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 | grep OpenSSL
OpenSSLDie
SSLv2 part of OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
SSLv3 part of OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
TLSv1 part of OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
DTLSv1 part of OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013

(Last edited by gufus on 9 Jun 2014, 03:50)

Want a custom banner in ssh

Put this code in your startup

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

killall dropbear
cp /mnt/sda1/banner /tmp
cp /mnt/sda1/banner /etc
dropbear -r /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key -d /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key -p 4128 -s
exit 0

notes:
my banner file is in /mnt/sda1/
change -p to your ssh port number

Enjoy!

(Last edited by gufus on 8 Jun 2014, 19:18)

Tested out a custom build based on nyt's repo. Large transfers over WiFi (5GHz) still fail with WPA enabled, but managed to do 32GB after disabling  encryption.

Definitely seems like they need to work on their WiFi drivers. For now I'll probably just run with a MAC whitelist. Other than the one wireless drop it seemed to handle transferring to an external USB drive pretty well over samba.

Drakia wrote:

Tested out a custom build based on nyt's repo. Large transfers over WiFi (5GHz) still fail with WPA enabled, but managed to do 32GB after disabling  encryption.

Definitely seems like they need to work on their WiFi drivers. For now I'll probably just run with a MAC whitelist. Other than the one wireless drop it seemed to handle transferring to an external USB drive pretty well over samba.

What did you change?  I don't see 5ghz dropouts like I did with the BB builds.  The AA driver seems a world better.  It may still have issues, but with BB it drops out within seconds of starting a transfer.

(Last edited by nyt on 10 Jun 2014, 18:16)

nyt wrote:
Drakia wrote:

What did you change?  I don't see 5ghz dropouts like I did with the BB builds.  The AA driver seems a world better.  It may still have issues, but with BB it drops out within seconds of starting a transfer.

I added Luci and a couple applications inside it, but didn't touch much else. It was the same behaviour I noticed in BB, ~3GB into the transfer 5GHz dropped with WPA enabled. After disabling all encryption I managed a 32GB transfer without issues.

could be.  I don't feel like taking mine apart to test.  The TX/RX pins are in the right locations.

(Last edited by nyt on 11 Jun 2014, 02:35)