OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

alirz wrote:

@JW0914 Thanks but i think you didnt understand what im trying to do. Im NOT looking to connect back to my router/home network over VPN when im away from home or something like that.
I'm looking to route my internet traffic over a vpn so that my actual IP is not visible to the outside world .

There are two ways of doing vpn, either routing all internet traffic through it, or utilizing it for accessing your home LAN and file shares remotely.

alirz wrote:

@JW0914 Thanks but i think you didnt understand what im trying to do. Im NOT looking to connect back to my router/home network over VPN when im away from home or something like that.
I'm looking to route my internet traffic over a vpn so that my actual IP is not visible to the outside world .

It's obvious you haven't tried researching this on your own... please do a little research on your own by reading through the OpenVPN HowTo and posts I linked to, then please come back and I'll be happy to help.

EDIT
Be aware if you do route all internet traffic through the VPN, you're going to see a distinctly slower connection, with a max rate around 10mbps

(Last edited by JW0914 on 13 Jun 2015, 15:53)

JW0914 wrote:
alirz wrote:

It's obvious you haven't tried researching this on your own... please do a little research on your own by reading through the OpenVPN HowTo and posts I linked to, then please come back and I'll be happy to help.

EDIT
Be aware if you do route all internet traffic through the VPN, you're going to see a distinctly slower connection, with a max rate around 10mbps

Thanks.
I've done quite a lot of research. I'm an IT person and quite familiar with vpns. I know the speeds will be slow and all that.. Those are obvious facts and im not concened with that for the moment.
That being said, I think I'm almost there. just need to find a service that lets me try for free before i make a purchase..

alirz wrote:
JW0914 wrote:
alirz wrote:

EDIT

Thanks.
I've done quite a lot of research. I'm an IT person and quite familiar with vpns. I know the speeds will be slow and all that.. Those are obvious facts and im not concened with that for the moment.
That being said, I think I'm almost there. just need to find a service that lets me try for free before i make a purchase..

If you've done "quite a bit of research", you'd know creating a vpn server on your router vs going through a third party is always better.  You'd also know a vpn server can be utilized in a few ways, either to route all traffic over it, only certain traffic (such as http https), or to connect remotely to file shares.  So yes... clearly you've done quite a bit of research.

A vpn server consists of only three things... a vpn interface, server config file, and firewall rules.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 13 Jun 2015, 16:37)

Done.. I've gotten the VPN connection going on the router.
I think you still don't get what I'm trying to do.  I'll ask clearly now... How is a VPN server running on  my home router going to hide my torrent traffic traffic at home.... Please enlighten me...

I wanted a VPN tunnel to some 3rd VPN server out there so that my torrent traffic is masked behind that server and I've accomplished that.

(Last edited by alirz on 13 Jun 2015, 17:41)

You'd just run OpenVPN with the client config from your provider and have OpenWRT push all traffic over the VPN gateway. However that seems like overkill. I think you'd be better off running a VPN client on the machine you want to secure traffic for instead of on the whole network. The latter is going to put a strain on the routers resources and in most cases, your PC will have more horsepower to deal with it.

alirz wrote:

Anyone know of a good guide that lets you connect the router to a vpn server ? I just installed openvpn on the router and also the luci openvpn interface. Looking for the setup instructions that could assist me.

https://blog.ipredator.se/howto/openwrt … enwrt.html

@quagga

Youre right.  But my first goal was to get the VPN client running and connecting successfully to a server first,  for all my traffic.  Now I will work to route only traffic  from my torrent client (transmission)  running on my NAS to go though the VPN.  Everything else will use my regular Internet without the VPN.

texaswrt wrote:
root@bnetwrt:~# df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   26948      9704     15832  38% /
/dev/root                 2560      2560         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   127636       256    127380   0% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              26948      9704     15832  38% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       26948      9704     15832  38% /
ubi1:syscfg              31536       396     29496   1% /tmp/syscfg
tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev
/dev/sdb1            480589520   8708104 447445756   2% /mnt/t500

It should look like this (overlay on /dev/sda1)

root@AC1900:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   14.2G      1.1G     12.4G   8% /
/dev/root                 2.3M      2.3M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   124.7M      4.0M    120.6M   3% /tmp
/dev/sda1                14.2G      1.1G     12.4G   8% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       14.2G      1.1G     12.4G   8% /
ubi1:syscfg              30.8M    260.0K     28.9M   1% /tmp/syscfg
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sdb1                57.5G      8.9G     45.7G  16% /mnt/sdb1
root@AC1900:~#

Just set it up from luci.

(Last edited by gufus on 13 Jun 2015, 21:15)

alirz wrote:

@quagga

Now I will work to route only traffic  from my torrent client (transmission)  running on my NAS to go though the VPN.  Everything else will use my regular Internet without the VPN.

#!/bin/sh

/sbin/route add -net 64.59.136.142 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 184.64.124.1
/sbin/route add -net 194.132.32.32 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 184.64.124.1
/sbin/route add -net 205.178.146.50 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 184.64.124.1
/sbin/route add -net 206.188.193.110 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 184.64.124.1
/sbin/route add -net 76.74.254.123 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 184.64.124.1
exit 0

This routes the IP'S listed via 184.64.124.1

alirz wrote:

Done.. I've gotten the VPN connection going on the router.
I think you still don't get what I'm trying to do.  I'll ask clearly now... How is a VPN server running on  my home router going to hide my torrent traffic traffic at home.... Please enlighten me...

I wanted a VPN tunnel to some 3rd VPN server out there so that my torrent traffic is masked behind that server and I've accomplished that.

I'm well aware of what you asked... it seems you have either done a really bad job at researching how a ssl vpn server/vpn client setup works/been massively misinformed, or bothered to do little to no researching.

Your situation would work best via:

VPN Client PC/NAS/Game System/etc --> WRT1900AC VPN Server running an OpenVPN server on tun0 --> Gateway

What you're inefficiently attempting to do is:

Client non-VPN --> WRT1900AC VPN client --> Gateway --> 3rd Party VPN Server Service

Due to how 3rd party VPNs must issue ssl certificates, it's simply not secure.  Sure, will it keep the everyday user from seeing your WAN IP via P2P, probably.  Is it foolproof, by no means.  It's also slower, not just in mbps, but latency. 

If you were running OEM firmware that didn't support setting up a VPN server on the router, that's one thing... but your logic on this lacks all rationale.  Like I said, there are a select few cases where utilizing a third party vpn is necessary on OpenWRT, but yours is not one of them.

Either way, best of luck to you.

alirz wrote:

How is a VPN server running on  my home router going to hide my torrent traffic traffic at home.... Please enlighten me...

So, when you create a vpn server on the router, it's separated into two main steps: setting up the vpn interface [tun0, tun1, tun2, etc.] and configuring the config files.  Using redirect-gateway it redirects all vpn client traffic through the vpn tunnel, which has a gateway, if subnet is 10.1.1.0/28, of 10.1.1.2 (.2 because .1 is the openvpn server).  So instead of your WAN IP, it would show the gateway IP of the VPN to traffic coming in, and being transported over, the VPN.

If you refer back to my reply with the links to two posts I made, it explains the two main steps.  Since it appears you didn't read them, I've pasted the post regarding creating the server interface below:

Server Interface Creation
Five things are needed to make a ssl vpn work: Certificates, Server Config, Client Config, VPN Interface creation, and Firewall rules to allow the VPN Traffic.

We need to create the VPN interface via uci (it can just as easily be done via luci, however most of what we need to do is faster if done in uci):

Create the VPN interface:

uci set network.vpn0=interface ; uci set network.vpn0.ifname=tun0 ; uci set network.vpn0.proto=none

Allow OpenVPN tunnel utilization:

uci add firewall zone
uci set firewall.@zone[-1].name=OpenVPN
uci set firewall.@zone[-1].input=ACCEPT
uci set firewall.@zone[-1].forward=ACCEPT
uci set firewall.@zone[-1].output=ACCEPT
uci set firewall.@zone[-1].network=vpn0
uci add firewall forwarding
uci set firewall.@forwarding[-1].src='vpn'
uci set firewall.@forwarding[-1].dest='wan'

Commit the changes:

uci commit network ; /etc/init.d/network reload ; uci commit firewall ; /etc/init.d/firewall reload

Now, we need to allow forwarding from vpn -> wan and wan -> vpn (you can copy and paste; paste in vi via right click):

vi /etc/config/firewall

Add to the top:

config rule
        option target       'ACCEPT'
        option proto        'tcp udp'
        option family       'ipv4'
        option src          '*'
        option dest_port    '1194'
        option name         'Allow Inbound OpenVPN Traffic'

config rule
        option target       'ACCEPT'
        option proto        'tcp udp'
        option name         'Allow Forwarded OpenVPN Traffic'
        option src          '*'
        option dest         '*'
        option dest_port    '1194'
        option src_ip       '*'

(The Inbound and Forwarding rules are TCP and UDP for troubleshooting purposes, as unless troubleshooting, the config files will utilize udp) 

Add to the bottom:

config forwarding
        option dest 'wan'
        option src  'vpn'

config forwarding
        option dest 'vpn'
        option src  'wan'

Save the changes via :wq then:

/etc/init.d/firewall restart

These zone forwarding rules will show as colored boxes under the Network - General Settings - Zones; however, for wan, Input and Forward should still be listed as drop and Output as accept. To change the zone forwarding we put in place, click edit under Zone => Forwardings and at the bottom of the Zone Settings will be Inter-Zone Forwarding. 

redirect-gateway is only utilized in the server config and is the option that controls routing all traffic over the vpn.  For most options, the server and client configs must mirror one another (if you add udp to one, udp must be added to the other, or if you adjust the mtu value, the same must be mirrored in the other, etc.); however, there are certain options that are server or client specific and are not mutually exclusive (all possible options for the client and server configs can be found at the OpenVPN man page.

Now, the Server and Client config step...

Server and Client Config Creation

opkg update ; opkg install openvpn-openssl openvpn-easy-rsa luci-app-openvpn

OpenVPN config file is located at /etc/config/openvpn
OpenVPN root folder is located at /etc/openvpn/

OpenWRT Wikis:
OpenVPN Setup Guide for Beginners
OpenVPN Server HowTo
Using OpenWrt as an OpenVPN server with a TUN device

If you plan on accessing the VPN from a cell phone/tablet, this is worth a read (especially the part about p12 certs):
OpenVPN Connect Android FAQ

OpenVPN Man Page & HowTo from OpenVPN.net
OpenVPN Man Page

OpenVPN HowTo

Here are my config and client files for my OpenVPN Server:

Server Config (two servers from the same config file)

config openvpn 'VPN-Server'

option enabled     '1'

# --- Protocol ---#
        option dev         'tun'
        option topology    'subnet'
        option proto       'udp'
        option port        '1194'

#--- Routes ---#
        option server    '10.1.1.0 255.255.255.192'

#--- Client Config ---#
        option ccd_exclusive           '1'
        option ifconfig_pool_persist   '/etc/openvpn/clients/private/ipp.txt'
        option client_config_dir       '/etc/openvpn/clients/private'
        option ifconfig                 '10.1.1.1 255.255.255.192'

#--- Pushed Routes ---#
        list push    'route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.224'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 192.168.1.1'
        list push    'dhcp-option WINS 192.168.1.1'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 8.8.4.4'
        list push    'dhcp-option NTP 129.6.15.30'

#--- Encryption ---#
        option cipher     'AES-256-CBC'
        option dh         '/etc/openvpn/keys/VPN-Server/dh2048.pem'
        option pkcs12     '/etc/openvpn/keys/VPN-Server/VPN-Server.p12'
        option tls_auth   '/etc/openvpn/keys/VPN-Server/ta.key 0'

#--- Logging ---#
        option log           '/tmp/openvpn-private.log'
        option status        '/tmp/openvpn-private-status.log'
        option verb          '7'

#--- Connection Options ---#
        option keepalive        '10 120'
        option comp_lzo         'yes'

#--- Connection Reliability ---#
        option client_to_client '1'
        option persist_key      '1'
        option persist_tun      '1'

#--- Connection Speed ---#    
        option sndbuf            '393216'
        option rcvbuf            '393216'
        option fragment          '0'
        option mssfix            '0'
        option tun_mtu           '48000'

#--- Pushed Buffers ---#
        list push    'sndbuf 393216'
        list push    'rcvbuf 393216'

#--- Permissions ---#
        option user     'nobody'
        option group    'nogroup'

config openvpn 'NAS-Server'

option enabled    '1'

# --- Protocol ---#
        option dev           'tun'
        option topology      'subnet'
        option proto         'udp'
        option port          '1195'

#--- Routes ---#
        option server     '10.1.2.0 255.255.255.192'
        option route      '192.168.2.0 255.255.255.224'

#--- Client Config ---#
        option ccd_exclusive              '1'
        option ifconfig_pool_persist      '/etc/openvpn/clients/nas/ipp.txt'
        option client_config_dir          '/etc/openvpn/clients/nas'
        option ifconfig                   '10.1.2.1 255.255.255.240'

#--- Pushed Routes ---#
        list push    'route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.192'
        list push    'route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.224'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 192.168.2.1'
        list push    'dhcp-option WINS 192.168.2.1'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8'
        list push    'dhcp-option DNS 8.8.4.4'
        list push    'dhcp-option NTP 129.6.15.30'

#--- Encryption ---#
        option cipher      'AES-256-CBC'
        option dh          '/etc/openvpn/keys/NAS-Server/dh2048.pem'
        option pkcs12      '/etc/openvpn/keys/NAS-Server/NAS-Server.p12'
        option tls_auth    '/etc/openvpn/keys/NAS-Server/ta.key 0'

#--- Logging ---#
        option log           '/tmp/openvpn-nas.log'
        option status        '/tmp/openvpn-nas-status.log'
        option verb          '7'

#--- Connection Options ---#
        option keepalive   '10 120'
        option comp_lzo    'yes'

#--- Connection Reliability ---#
        option client_to_client       '1'
        option persist_key            '1'
        option persist_tun            '1'

#--- Connection Speed ---#
        option sndbuf       '393216'
        option rcvbuf       '393216'
        option fragment     '0'
        option mssfix       '0'
        option tun_mtu      '48000'

#--- Pushed Buffers ---#
        list push    'sndbuf 393216'
        list push    'rcvbuf 393216'

#--- Permissions ---#
        option user     'nobody'
        option group    'nogroup'

Client Config - Windows

client
dev tun
tun-mtu 48000
fragment 0
mssfix 0
proto udp
remote your.ddns.com 1194
float
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
pkcs12 VPN-Server-Client-1.p12
key-direction 1
<tls-auth>
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----

-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-auth>
remote-cert-tls server
cipher AES-256-CBC
auth-nocache
verb 5
comp-lzo

In Windows, if the p12 isn't stored in the same directory as the ovpn config file, you will need to reference the path to the p12 cert (don't forget, in Windows you must use double backslashes, i.e. "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\Config\\").

You must also allow access through your firewall, and while you can do it through uci, it's almost always more convenient and faster to do so via luci.

The only things not provided here are the firewall rules for your setup (do not use port 1194) and certificates (created via easy-rsa, tutorial in "OpenVPN Setup Guide for Beginners"), and while I'd recommend reading through the links above, I'd take my config and tailor it to your needs .  The OpenVPN man page is vital to getting the most of your VPN as it, in combination with the OpenVPN HowTo, provides all available server and client configuration options.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 13 Jun 2015, 23:06)

Thanks for very lengthy explanation I'm sure it will be useful for others and perhaps me in the future for other reasons.
My wrt  is my Internet  gateway, it's connected to my modem.
Yes I could have run the VPN  client on  my under powered NAS and the  server on my router. Sure my NAS could VPN to the router but how is this hiding my traffic let's say from my ISP?   
Unless my traffic is going great through an outside VPN tunnel it doesn't do what I want...

Please can someone else chime in and put this to rest.  This topic is not really for this thread and I want to put an end to this.
Thanks

edit... Whatever it's worth the VPN service I'm using gives me enough speed for my p2p needs(40mbps).
As my goal is eventually to only route p2p traffic through the tunnel, the latency won't be an issue for me.

(Last edited by alirz on 13 Jun 2015, 23:04)

alirz wrote:

My wrt  is my Internet  gateway, it's connected to my modem.

Incorrect, your modem is your gateway.  Your LAN gateway is your router, and your WAN gateway is the modem.

alirz wrote:

Yes I could have run the VPN  client on  my under powered NAS and the  server on my router.

Exactly how many resources do you believe a vpn client takes up? It's minutely more than your LAN or WLAN interface.  Again, it's clear you're arrogant enough to believe you know everything without having done the slightest bit of research into OpenVPN, and is why I generally avoid helping individuals like yourself.

alirz wrote:

Sure my NAS could VPN to the router but how is this hiding my traffic let's say from my ISP?  Unless my traffic is going great through an outside VPN tunnel it doesn't do what I want...

The only thing you mentioned was wanting to hide your WAN IP from p2p, not your ISP.  Why your would need to hide your torrent traffic from your ISP is a bit mind-boggling...

Again, best of luck to you and best of luck to whomever is willing to deal with the hubris.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 13 Jun 2015, 23:21)

Dude, there is no need to call me arrogant. Setting up a vpn server on the router DOES NOT HELP ME AT ALL. That only makes sense if someone wants a secure way of accessing their home network while they are away.
I WANT TO HAVE DIFFERENT WAN IP FOR MY TORRENT TRAFFIC, if that makes sense to in layman's term. The fact that you even asked why someone would want to mask torrent traffic shows your lack of knowledge!

Now please calm down and resume helping others if you wish. I've already gotten what i was trying to do.

(Last edited by alirz on 14 Jun 2015, 00:07)

Be sure to not use your ISP's DNS servers (Whilst torrenting)... P2P programs are notorious for leaking dns information even with proxy or vpn.

@alirz
Thanks for your reply. That was the original configuration i used; exactly as the wiki demonstrates (with no 3rd 'data' partition). It would work after initial reboot, but subsequent reboots it failed to mount the usb as '/overlay'. The config i posted is my latest attempt because somehow it got it working 3-4 times but now is back to failing. I will note that luci will even show it mounted at '/overlay' in the bottom of mount points tab (where you can edit fstab via web ui) but  'Mounted file systems' still has   /dev/ubi0_1. I always use ssh terminal to edit configurations. Im trying anything i can think of at this point; have even re flashed and started from scratch, only edited fstab between reboots, and so on.

texaswrt wrote:

@alirz
Thanks for your reply. That was the original configuration i used; exactly as the wiki demonstrates (with no 3rd 'data' partition). It would work after initial reboot, but subsequent reboots it failed to mount the usb as '/overlay'. The config i posted is my latest attempt because somehow it got it working 3-4 times but now is back to failing. I will note that luci will even show it mounted at '/overlay' in the bottom of mount points tab (where you can edit fstab via web ui) but  'Mounted file systems' still has   /dev/ubi0_1. I always use ssh terminal to edit configurations. Im trying anything i can think of at this point; have even re flashed and started from scratch, only edited fstab between reboots, and so on.

fstab isn't configured correctly... you're attempting to use a cross between the legacy and current way of doing so.  I wrote the tutorial for Chaos Calmer on the extroot wiki, which can be found at: extroot wiki  Scroll about 3/4 of the way down to find the Chaos Calmer section.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 14 Jun 2015, 04:41)

@gufus
Thanks il try luci and ya it is. I have got it working perfectly using uuid and device sda1 but then i reboot again and its back to failing

JW0914 wrote:
texaswrt wrote:

@alirz

fstab isn't configured correctly... you're attempting to use a cross between the legacy and current way of doing so.  I wrote the tutorial for Chaos Calmer on the extroot wiki, which can be found at: extroot wiki  Scroll about 3/4 of the way down to find the Chaos Calmer section.

il do it again like that to prove my point

texaswrt wrote:

@gufus
Thanks il try luci and ya it is. I have got it working perfectly using uuid and device sda1 but then i reboot again and its back to failing

Did you change the 0's to 1's under enabled?

Reading your original post, I saw you're on the RC build... do you have block-mount, usb-storage-extras, and whatever kmod for your fs installed?

Please post the output of:

block detect ; cat /etc/config/fstab

EDIT
Please also post the output of:

mount ; df

(Last edited by JW0914 on 14 Jun 2015, 05:01)

root@bnetwrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   26.3M      9.5M     15.5M  38% /
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   124.6M    260.0K    124.4M   0% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              26.3M      9.5M     15.5M  38% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       26.3M      9.5M     15.5M  38% /
ubi1:syscfg              30.8M    396.0K     28.8M   1% /tmp/syscfg
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sdb1               458.3G      8.3G    426.7G   2% /mnt/t500
root@bnetwrt:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on /rom type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/ubi0_1 on /overlay type ubifs (rw,noatime)
overlayfs:/overlay on / type overlay (rw,noatime,lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work)
ubi1:syscfg on /tmp/syscfg type ubifs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/t500 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,noatime)
root@bnetwrt:~# cat /etc/config/fstab
config 'global'
    option    anon_swap    '0'
    option    anon_mount    '0'
    option    auto_swap    '1'
    option    auto_mount    '1'
    option    delay_root    '5'
    option    check_fs    '0'

config 'mount'
        option  target  '/overlay'
        option  uuid   'af41d371-7043-4664-80ca-c09716fa1d38'
        option  enabled '1'

config 'swap'
    option  uuid  'b193dce8-1a89-4f9a-b588-c54618fd0726'
    option    enabled    '1'

config 'mount'
    option    target    '/mnt/t500'
    option    uuid    '3edc140e-295b-44f4-93b6-67a1dfa9603c'
    option    enabled    '1'

block detect always shows this too:

root@bnetwrt:~# block detect
config 'global'

config 'mount'
    option    target    '/mnt/sda1'
    option    uuid    'af41d371-7043-4664-80ca-c09716fa1d38'
    option    enabled    '0'

config 'swap'
    option    uuid    'b193dce8-1a89-4f9a-b588-c54618fd0726'
    option    enabled    '0'

config 'mount'
    option    target    '/mnt/sdb1'
    option    enabled    '0'
root@bnetwrt:~# opkg list-installed
base-files - 157-r45695
blkid - 2.25.2-4
block-mount - 2015-04-14-e6004000ff15d7bd32cf5663e8690fc94d7ec747
busybox - 1.23.2-1
collectd - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-conntrack - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-interface - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-iptables - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-load - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-network - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-protocols - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-sensors - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-thermal - 5.4.2-1
collectd-mod-wireless - 5.4.2-1
cshark - 2015-03-13-ab2ae2fbd72b6cbd57c95e3192edc3c1f475412b
dnsmasq - 2.73rc8-1
dropbear - 2015.67-1
f2fs-tools - 1.4.0-1
fdisk - 2.25.2-4
firewall - 2015-02-26
fstools - 2015-04-14-e6004000ff15d7bd32cf5663e8690fc94d7ec747
hostapd-common - 2015-03-25-1
ip6tables - 1.4.21-1
iptables - 1.4.21-1
iptables-mod-conntrack-extra - 1.4.21-1
iptables-mod-filter - 1.4.21-1
iptables-mod-led - 1.4.21-1
iw - 3.17-1
iwinfo - 2015-03-23-40f2844fadc05f4a4de7699dbc12fee295b7057b
jshn - 2015-05-08-a8e70c6d361967a23977417fb7d6cf56234f8b81
jsonfilter - 2014-06-19-cdc760c58077f44fc40adbbe41e1556a67c1b9a9
kernel - 3.18.11-1-757dcd0ab9faf19e356e52fdd7d7b1c6
kmod-ata-ahci - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ata-ahci-platform - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ata-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ata-marvell-sata - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ata-mvebu-ahci - 3.18.11-1
kmod-cfg80211 - 3.18.11+2015-03-09-3
kmod-crypto-aes - 3.18.11-1
kmod-crypto-arc4 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-crypto-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-crypto-hash - 3.18.11-1
kmod-fs-ext4 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-gpio-button-hotplug - 3.18.11-1
kmod-hwmon-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-hwmon-pwmfan - 3.18.11-1
kmod-hwmon-tmp421 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-i2c-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-i2c-mv64xxx - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ip6tables - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-filter - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-led - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipt-nat - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ipv6 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-leds-tlc59116 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ledtrig-heartbeat - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ledtrig-netfilter - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ledtrig-usbdev - 3.18.11-1
kmod-lib-crc-ccitt - 3.18.11-1
kmod-lib-crc16 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-lib-lzo - 3.18.11-1
kmod-lib-textsearch - 3.18.11-1
kmod-mac80211 - 3.18.11+2015-03-09-3
kmod-mmc - 3.18.11-1
kmod-mvsdio - 3.18.11-1
kmod-mwlwifi - 3.18.11+10.2.8.5.p0-20150422-1
kmod-nf-conntrack - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nf-conntrack6 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nf-ipt - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nf-ipt6 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nf-nat - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nf-nathelper - 3.18.11-1
kmod-nls-base - 3.18.11-1
kmod-ppp - 3.18.11-1
kmod-pppoe - 3.18.11-1
kmod-pppox - 3.18.11-1
kmod-regmap - 3.18.11-1
kmod-rtc-marvell - 3.18.11-1
kmod-scsi-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-slhc - 3.18.11-1
kmod-thermal - 3.18.11-1
kmod-thermal-armada - 3.18.11-1
kmod-usb-core - 3.18.11-1
kmod-usb-storage - 3.18.11-1
kmod-usb-storage-extras - 3.18.11-1
kmod-usb2 - 3.18.11-1
kmod-usb3 - 3.18.11-1
libblkid - 2.25.2-4
libblobmsg-json - 2015-05-08-a8e70c6d361967a23977417fb7d6cf56234f8b81
libc - 0.9.33.2-1
libf2fs - 1.4.0-1
libgcc - 4.8-linaro-1
libip4tc - 1.4.21-1
libip6tc - 1.4.21-1
libiptc - 1.4.21-1
libiwinfo - 2015-03-23-40f2844fadc05f4a4de7699dbc12fee295b7057b
libiwinfo-lua - 2015-03-23-40f2844fadc05f4a4de7699dbc12fee295b7057b
libjson-c - 0.12-1
libjson-script - 2015-05-08-a8e70c6d361967a23977417fb7d6cf56234f8b81
libltdl - 2.4-1
liblua - 5.1.5-1
libncurses - 5.9-1
libnl-tiny - 0.1-4
libopenssl - 1.0.2a-0
libpcap - 1.5.3-1
libpolarssl - 1.3.10-2
libpthread - 0.9.33.2-1
librt - 0.9.33.2-1
libsensors - 3.3.5-1
libsmartcols - 2.25.2-4
libstdcpp - 4.8-linaro-1
libsysfs - 2.1.0-2
libubox - 2015-05-08-a8e70c6d361967a23977417fb7d6cf56234f8b81
libubus - 2015-01-22-2d660c519d2fcff95248da9f4fd9b37d61f9eb09
libubus-lua - 2015-01-22-2d660c519d2fcff95248da9f4fd9b37d61f9eb09
libuci - 2015-04-09.1-1
libuci-lua - 2015-04-09.1-1
libuclient - 2015-04-14-81fdb8fdf1470e1c7bf3124ff20d17feaeb519ee
libusb-1.0 - 1.0.19-1
libustream-polarssl - 2015-04-14-a4ca61527236e89eb9efb782fd9bfd04796144e3
libuuid - 2.25.2-4
libxtables - 1.4.21-1
lua - 5.1.5-1
luci - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-app-commands - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-app-cshark - 2015-03-13-ab2ae2fbd72b6cbd57c95e3192edc3c1f475412b
luci-app-diag-core - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-app-firewall - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-app-samba - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-base - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-lib-ip - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-lib-nixio - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-mod-admin-full - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-proto-ipv6 - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-proto-ppp - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-ssl - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
luci-theme-bootstrap - git-15.126.50380-7a54785-1
mtd - 20
netifd - 2015-05-02-d0dcf744ba054c9b572be63519b1415685353c8d
nmap - 6.47-2
odhcp6c - 2015-05-16-68042ddafe0e1a3498b6c7a57ec8d2d20f25650b
odhcpd - 2015-05-13-dc671c62730d9ff20e7cf06322fb8db203e7bf3f
openssh-keygen - 6.8p1-1
openssh-server - 6.8p1-1
opkg - 9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf3aee3a5b846d-7
ppp - 2.4.7-5
ppp-mod-pppoe - 2.4.7-5
procd - 2015-05-05-a6afa72f192f6efe8374d0f0c77fb2a545225a92
procd-nand - 2015-05-05-a6afa72f192f6efe8374d0f0c77fb2a545225a92
px5g - 3
rpcd - 2015-05-17-3d655417ab44d93aad56a6d4a668daf24b127b84
samba36-server - 3.6.25-3
swconfig - 10
sysfsutils - 2.1.0-2
tcpdump - 4.5.1-4
terminfo - 5.9-1
ubi-utils - 1.5.1-2
uboot-envtools - 2014.10-2
ubox - 2015-04-02-6fbafd7d5b2835d00eb9d1684e7c6ccf907177b8
ubus - 2015-01-22-2d660c519d2fcff95248da9f4fd9b37d61f9eb09
ubusd - 2015-01-22-2d660c519d2fcff95248da9f4fd9b37d61f9eb09
uci - 2015-04-09.1-1
uhttpd - 2015-03-30-b9178b9357798ae23a5724333cc6572d14f23958
uhttpd-mod-tls - 2015-03-30-b9178b9357798ae23a5724333cc6572d14f23958
uhttpd-mod-ubus - 2015-03-30-b9178b9357798ae23a5724333cc6572d14f23958
usbutils - 007-1
usign - 2015-05-08-cf8dcdb8a4e874c77f3e9a8e9b643e8c17b19131
wavemon - 0.7.6-2
wpad-mini - 2015-03-25-1
zlib - 1.2.8-1
texaswrt wrote:

block detect always shows this too:

root@bnetwrt:~# block detect
config 'global'

config 'mount'
    option    target    '/mnt/sda1'
    option    uuid    'af41d371-7043-4664-80ca-c09716fa1d38'
    option    enabled    '0'

config 'swap'
    option    uuid    'b193dce8-1a89-4f9a-b588-c54618fd0726'
    option    enabled    '0'

config 'mount'
    option    target    '/mnt/sdb1'
    option    enabled    '0'

Is it only the overlay partition not mounting or is swap not mounting as well?  Also, did you reboot the router prior to posting the output of those commands?  If not, please reboot, then post the output again.

Sorry, posts 5576 to 5575 are missing from our archive.