OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

He has the same /etc/opkg.conf as me and mine worked? But then again there has not been enough time to get out of sync yet.
Dumb question did you do an opkg update before trying to install?

northbound wrote:

He has the same /etc/opkg.conf as me and mine worked? But then again there has not been enough time to get out of sync yet.

yes i did an update

northbound wrote:

If you're on the RC2 build, you should be pulling from the RC2 repository, not the snapshot repository.

There should be a correct opkg.conf in /rom/etc.

cp /rom/etc/opkg.conf /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
DavidMcWRT wrote:

In other news, RC2 is now out:

Not a lot of new stuff, mostly bug-fixes I see. But thats what RC builds are.

Updated the Wiki with the RC2 release and added the correct links to caiman and cobra

leitec wrote:

opkg update

okay i got the opkg.conf corrected and now i can install packages.

installing the openvpn-openssl didn't help me.

i need the purevpn working everyday. i think i'll reflash back to my latest self build - 3.18.14 - 45952.

later in the week i will compare the difference in packages between my build and rc2

i never had to do anything to make my builds work - i just used the defaults and i added packages for usb3 external hdd ntfs

ethereal wrote:
leitec wrote:

opkg update

i need the purevpn working everyday. i think i'll reflash back to my latest self build - 3.18.14 - 45952.

later in the week i will compare the difference in packages between my build and rc2

i never had to do anything to make my builds work - i just used the defaults and i added packages for usb3 external hdd ntfs

Can you post the output of all config files you use for PureVPN, minus info such as username, pass, ports, MACs, or WAN IP?  I'd like to help find a solution if I can, as you should be able to flash whatever firmware version and still have it work.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 14 Jun 2015, 20:59)

leitec wrote:

opkg update

Thanks for the info.

Installed RC2 a few minutes ago, and restored previous configuration -- No issues there

Update opkg.conf with RC2 links... No problems there.

I need to re-install SNMP, but there's a problem when I tired to install --   * resolve_conffiles:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install snmpd
Installing snmpd (5.4.4-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calm … mvebu.ipk.
Installing libnetsnmp (5.4.4-1) to root...
Configuring libnetsnmp.
Configuring snmpd.
Collected errors:
* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/snmpd is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/snmpd-opkg.

What does this mean? I'm thinking it has to do with old snmp configuration file? I edited the old snmpd.conf, so it doesn't want to over-write?

(Last edited by davidc502 on 14 Jun 2015, 21:34)

JW0914 wrote:
ethereal wrote:
leitec wrote:

opkg update

Can you post the output of all config files you use for PureVPN, minus info such as username, pass, ports, MACs, or WAN IP?  I'd like to help find a solution if I can, as you should be able to flash whatever firmware version and still have it work.

i really want to help find a solution - there is absolutely nothing i do in openwrt to make it work. every single firmware i've flashed just worked (apart from rc1 and rc2). there is nothing i do in the firewall (all i do there is port forward for p2p). i have to set up a vpn connection in windows, is this the information you need ?

i have a couple of screenshots - can i add images to a post?

davidc502 wrote:

Installed RC2 a few minutes ago, and restored previous configuration -- No issues there

I need to re-install SNMP, but there's a problem when I tired to install --   * resolve_conffiles:

Configuring libnetsnmp.
Configuring snmpd.
Collected errors:
* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/snmpd is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/snmpd-opkg.

What does this mean? I'm thinking it has to do with old snmp configuration file? I edited the old snmpd.conf, so it doesn't want to over-write?

snmpd-opkg is the .conf that was in the .*ipk you just installed, snmpd is using your old .conf

(Last edited by gufus on 14 Jun 2015, 22:29)

Need to report that 5Ghz AC mode is not working RC2.

Can someone please confirm the finding before sending in a bug report.

I generated a proper software flowchart using Visio 2013; file wrt1900ac_fan_control.vsdx (file size 58KB)

I have a .png graphic of the fan control flowchart (file size 173KB).

Where is a good place to post the graphic?

How do you post post this file - "wrt1900ac_fan_control.vsdx" ?

This is a replacement for the descriptive version of a fan control on page 220 post 5,489

Thanks in advance.

Rick S

(Last edited by RickStep on 14 Jun 2015, 22:51)

davidc502 wrote:

I am running 5ghz ac no problems here.

(Last edited by northbound on 14 Jun 2015, 22:59)

texaswrt wrote:

Ok, thanks for you help.
Yes I rebooted, and swap is mounting fine

root@bnetwrt:~# free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        255272        39792       215480          260         2572
-/+ buffers:              37220       218052
Swap:      1228796            0      1228796

I will try the 'overlay' thing and post back. I figured the rc build would have had mostly updated packages. I was not aware their was a new version of block mount with noticeable changes

Delete *.* in your fstab file and then save it, you have syntax errors in yours.

Then set-it-up from luci.

This is the right syntax for the overlay mounted on /dev/sdb1 

RC1

config global
    option anon_swap '0'
    option anon_mount '0'
    option auto_swap '1'
    option auto_mount '1'
    option delay_root '5'
    option check_fs '0'

config mount
    option target '/mnt/sda1'
    option uuid '0380b154-b5a9-489b-bd6e-6b44769f7540'
    option enabled '1'

config mount
    option uuid '130bd0f6-61d5-40aa-a6af-ac02847c0b48'
    option enabled '1'
    option target '/overlay'

/etc/config$ df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   57.5G      9.0G     45.7G  16% /
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   124.6M      1.1M    123.5M   1% /tmp
/dev/sdb1                57.5G      9.0G     45.7G  16% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       57.5G      9.0G     45.7G  16% /
ubi1:syscfg              30.8M    260.0K     28.9M   1% /tmp/syscfg
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sda1                14.2G    628.9M     12.8G   5% /mnt/sda1

(Last edited by gufus on 15 Jun 2015, 00:03)

northbound wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Thanks for confirming.....

Do you have 5Ghz set on AC? Or N?

Thanks,

David

davidc502 wrote:

Configuring libnetsnmp.
Configuring snmpd.
Collected errors:

Whenever you have a customized config/conf file, when you update or reinstall a package, instead of overwriting the custom file with the new file included in the package, it simply renames the config/conf in the package as xyz-opkg.

JW0914 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Configuring libnetsnmp.
Configuring snmpd.
Collected errors:

Whenever you have a customized config/conf file, when you update or reinstall a package, instead of overwriting the custom file with the new file included in the package, it simply renames the config/conf in the package as xyz-opkg.

Thanks! Good to know -- I'm new to OpenWrt, so I'm still learning the ropes. Fortunately I have experience in the Linux world, so there's some familiarity, which is good. smile

davidc502 wrote:
northbound wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Thanks,

David

AC

northbound wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
northbound wrote:

Thanks,

David

AC

I had 160mhz width selected. When I select 80mhz, it works with AC.  Tested with a AC laptop, and from 20 feet way says it was connected at 520mbps... I haven't done any download tests to see the actual data throughput, but it's a good start.

Would you mind testing a width of 160mhz to see if you can connect?

davidc502 wrote:

Downloaded RC2, but really there's only one question that's going to be on most peoples minds... Was there any work done with 5ghz wireless?

There haven't been updates to the upstream mwlwifi driver in some time and none of those addressed the reported crash issues.  https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi

I freshened up my installed image to the latest trunk this afternoon but it doesn't appear it has any correction which would solve the lockup issues.  Time will tell I suppose.

davidc502 wrote:
northbound wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Thanks,

David

AC

I had 160mhz width selected. When I select 80mhz, it works with AC.  Tested with a AC laptop, and from 20 feet way says it was connected at 520mbps... I haven't done any download tests to see the actual data throughput, but it's a good start.

This chipset doesn't support 160mhz channels AFAIK.

quagga wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
northbound wrote:

AC

Correct

gufus wrote:
quagga wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Correct

Not only does the chipset not support it, AFAIK there's not a single consumer client that does either.