OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Chadster766 wrote:
alkufai wrote:

Alredy tried that it did not work. Also the place i changed was in the first screen where it shows connections to router, hit the edit button on ethernet and in there was a sub meny regarding firewall, i picked the second one which was wan.

You might have delete the lan interface. Try the below to manually switch to the alternate firmware image:
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wi … s-firmware

For users that don't have the USB to TTL cable its best if you always flash OpenWRT from the Linksys firmware. This way you always have the Linksys stock firmware in the alternate image. It's and extra step but some assurance that you can recover from a lockup in the firmware.

Ok, after about what feels like 100 tries of the alternative firm. trick something did happen and caused it only to reset the settings though. So still running wrt even though I put the firmware thru belkin ui. Anyways it's working so I'm happy with that.

Now is there any similar funtion to a dmz? It's mostily for my game consoles to get open nat.

Thanks again for the help @nitroshift and @Chadster766.

OperatorOverload wrote:

I'm having a few issues.  First, the default route being sent by my provider (as shown by "ifstatus wan6") is not actually getting added as a default route, thus I have to manually add it before I can ping out or hit IPv6-only hosts from the router itself.

I'm experiencing the same issue with a 6rd setup on release 1.0.1.  ifstatus shows the correct route information, but this never gets added to the routing table.  I'm digging around netifd to see if I can spot the problem.  I'll let you know if I find a fix.

Chad,

Do you have a prefered build environment that you would like to use as a reference platform when building McWRT?

I personally use Ubuntu 14.04 but am happy if you would like to focus on something like Debian Wheezy when writing documentation.

dfarning wrote:

Chad,

Do you have a prefered build environment that you would like to use as a reference platform when building McWRT?

I personally use Ubuntu 14.04 but am happy if you would like to focus on something like Debian Wheezy when writing documentation.

Debian Wheezy is my preferred Linux distro.

Perfect, I'll create a VM and do a test build.

There is a draft Building wiki at https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki/Building for anyone who would like to try building an image them selves.

I say draft because the build process asked a bunch of questions that looked related to configuration....  but I had to go to bed before the build completed and I could look into the issues.

dfarning wrote:

There is a draft Building wiki at https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki/Building for anyone who would like to try building an image them selves.

I say draft because the build process asked a bunch of questions that looked related to configuration....  but I had to go to bed before the build completed and I could look into the issues.

The 12.09 Rollup jumped a little too far ahead for "make oldconfig" to drill all the way into the new features. So to set the default settings of the new features you can hold the enter key down for all the setting prompts. It takes about 10 seconds.

@Chadster766
Would you mind doing a 'make clean' in McWRT/attitude_adjustment/scripts/config and committing the changes to your repo (clear out the object files and binaries)?  That might save people some confusion if they run a 'make menuconfig' and run into problems.  Alternatively, I could do a pull request if you want.

mmilburn wrote:

@Chadster766
Would you mind doing a 'make clean' in McWRT/attitude_adjustment/scripts/config and committing the changes to your repo (clear out the object files and binaries)?  That might save people some confusion if they run a 'make menuconfig' and run into problems.  Alternatively, I could do a pull request if you want.

Yes a pull request would be good.

I've been working on compiling as many packages as possible. I had no idea it would take this long.

@dfarning
I was able to do my own custom build (i.e. added packages like unbound and removed some cruft).  Here's a rundown:

git clone https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT
cd McWRT/attitude_adjustment/scripts/config && make clean && cd McWRT/attitude_adjustment
./update.sh
#select and deselect packages if you want, leave the defaults and exit saving changes if unsure.

make menuconfig 

#I was able to do a parallel build of my config without things breaking, if the build breaks (you don't end up with that image file at  the end just remove the '-j' parameter and run make again.  Oh, and make a noise or flash the terminal window if make exits   cleanly (the build succeeded).

make V=s -j<no. of cpus> && echo -e '\a' 

(Last edited by mmilburn on 16 Sep 2014, 20:37)

Chadster766 wrote:

Yes a pull request would be good.

Ok, I should be able to do that tomorrow.

@OperatorOverload

As a workaround right now, you should be able to add your route in the corresponding protocol script (e.g. 6rd.sh in my case).  It's similar to what nyt did, go to /lib/netifd/proto on your router, you should find the IPv6 tunneling scripts there.  If you open up the script corresponding to the protocol you're using, there should be a function called proto_XXX_setup (where XXX is the protocol name).  I don't have access to my router right now, so I can't give a good example, but you should be able to use the shell variables declared there to add your route inside that function.

I'm going to try backporting the most current netifd daemon to see if that fixes my issues (I haven't spotted any problems with the scripts themselves).

nyt wrote:

And another AA fix since I noticed a default route was not getting added when I brought my tunnel up....
This one is kind of ugly sad

--- a/attitude_adjustment/package/6in4/files/6in4.sh
+++ b/attitude_adjustment/package/6in4/files/6in4.sh
@@ -55,6 +55,8 @@ proto_6in4_setup() {

proto_send_update "$cfg"

+       ip -6 route add default dev "$link"
+
        [ -n "$tunnelid" -a -n "$username" -a -n "$password" ] && {
                [ "${#password}" == 32 -a -z "${password//[a-fA-F0-9]/}" ] || {
                        password="$(echo -n "$password" | md5sum)"; password="${password%% *}"

(Last edited by mmilburn on 16 Sep 2014, 20:36)

Sorry, posts 963 to 961 are missing from our archive.

I can't find the link for new repo, I'd like to try and install Transmission sad Help please!

nitroshift

It turns out I need a better cpu cooler if I am going to be doing any more of these builds smile

I'll finish up the https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki/Building page after the new cooler arives and I can rerun some tests from a clean VM.

What else would people like to see documented? The things which come to mind are:

1. Factory reset. That seems to come up every couple of days.
2. Status. It would be valuable to have a quick status page of what works and what doesn't work with McWrt. However, I am too new to really understand that.
3. Todo. It would be valuable to have a Todo page with a very general plan for moving forward. Again, I am a bit too new to understand the goals.

Any other thoughts?

Hi !

Is there any luci-ssl package available to do remote management ?

regards,

dfarning wrote:

It turns out I need a better cpu cooler if I am going to be doing any more of these builds smile

I'll finish up the https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki/Building page after the new cooler arives and I can rerun some tests from a clean VM.

What else would people like to see documented? The things which come to mind are:

1. Factory reset. That seems to come up every couple of days.
2. Status. It would be valuable to have a quick status page of what works and what doesn't work with McWrt. However, I am too new to really understand that.
3. Todo. It would be valuable to have a Todo page with a very general plan for moving forward. Again, I am a bit too new to understand the goals.

Any other thoughts?

I suggest a wiki page with IPv6 setup instructions for V1.0.1

bdherouville wrote:

Hi !

regards,

Working on it. Hopefully the I can complete the package pool today.

Chadster766 wrote:
bdherouville wrote:

Hi !

regards,

\o/ many thanks ! Available on relase or pre-release ?

bdherouville wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
bdherouville wrote:

Hi !

regards,

If I did it right it should be both because they are the same architecture.

In V1.0.1 the file's /etc/opkg.conf first line will need to be changed to point to the package URL. This can also be changed using the LuCI UI.

src/gz %n http://www.protechs-online.com/downloads/McWRT/packages

The fact that WAN_IF was hardcoded in the wan_monitor script really bothered me.  So I ended up refactoring the whole script.  It should now dynamically detect your wan interface, in addition log messages are now prefixed with "wan_monitor" so you can have some idea of where all that log noise is coming from.

The refactor seems to work well with my PPPoE connection, but I'd appreciate it if others could test it and give me some feedback before I make another pull request for Chadster.

https://github.com/mmilburn/McWRT/blob/ … an_monitor

Now, onto debugging 6rd...

Chadster766 wrote:
bdherouville wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

If I did it right it should be both because they are the same architecture.

In V1.0.1 the file's /etc/opkg.conf first line will need to be changed to point to the package URL. This can also be changed using the LuCI UI.

src/gz %n http://www.protechs-online.com/downloads/McWRT/packages

This is completed cool

A WIKI on setting up IPV6 would be great. I have been using an HE tunnel for over a year, but for some reason just can't get it configured with this Image of OpenWRT. I have tried everything, but obviously have missed the config that works.

LookingForMyMojo wrote:

A WIKI on setting up IPV6 would be great. I have been using an HE tunnel for over a year, but for some reason just can't get it configured with this Image of OpenWRT. I have tried everything, but obviously have missed the config that works.

Have you got it to work with another OpenWRT image? I have a TP-Link I loaded a trunk OpenWRT on and it wouldn't work IPv6 as well.

I use HE as well.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 18 Sep 2014, 18:12)

So, are everyone's IPv6 issues related to the route not getting added?  That is, ip -6 route list does NOT have the appropriate route added, but ifstatus <dev> shows the all the necessary information to construct said route?

Chadster766 wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:

Have you got it to work with another OpenWRT image? I have a TP-Link I loaded a trunk OpenWRT on and it wouldn't work IPv6 as well.

I use HE as well.

mmilburn wrote:

So, are everyone's IPv6 issues related to the route not getting added?  That is, ip -6 route list does NOT have the appropriate route added, but ifstatus <dev> shows the all the necessary information to construct said route?

Chadster766 wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:

I use HE as well.

Probably hence the need for a Wiki regarding basic OpenWRT IPv6 setup.

With the IPv6 route not be added automatically as it should sad
It's a problem for all OpenWRT IPv6 users.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 18 Sep 2014, 18:33)

mmilburn wrote:

Chadster766 wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:

I use HE as well.

On this, I don't use HE, I have native IPv6 via my provider with prefix delegation.  I think my problem is two fold though:
1. I definitely am not getting the appropriate route on the IPv6 side, though ifstatus has the correct information.  This is for sure a primary problem.

2. The route is not getting to my internal systems to make it back out.  There's a chance this is a secondary problem and will resolve once the gateway is added correctly.  When I manually add the route it is not corrected, but I don't know the OpenWRT plumbings well enough to know if there are scripts that need to execute to provide the proper Router Advertisements internally to systems.

Sorry, posts 976 to 975 are missing from our archive.