OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi,
i have wlan problems with some devices (android, galaxy s5)
My syslog is spamming:

Tue Oct 18 12:23:47 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Tue Oct 18 12:25:03 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Tue Oct 18 12:25:04 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Tue Oct 18 12:25:04 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA EEE 802.11: associated (aid 2)
Tue Oct 18 13:01:50 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 84:55:a5:fc:5e:ae IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

Someone has a clue for me?

shm0 wrote:

Hi,
My syslog is spamming:

Tue Oct 18 12:23:47 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Tue Oct 18 12:25:03 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Tue Oct 18 12:25:04 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Tue Oct 18 12:25:04 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA EEE 802.11: associated (aid 2)
Tue Oct 18 13:01:50 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 84:55:a5:fc:5e:ae IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

Someone has a clue for me?

Hi people can help you better if you let us know what build you are running mate. By the sounds of it you are still on cc. If so you mite get better mileage from a newer dd build like this.
http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/mvebu/

(Last edited by tapper on 18 Oct 2016, 15:17)

Sorry.
Im running lede@r1934 and mwlwifi 10.3.2.0-20161011.
But the problem persistent through some builds now.
Maybe deauth attack?
Does mwlwifi support 802.11w ?

(Last edited by shm0 on 18 Oct 2016, 15:28)

shm0 wrote:

Sorry.
Im running lede@r1934 and mwlwifi 10.3.2.0-20161011.
But the problem persistent through some builds now.
Maybe deauth attack?
Does mwlwifi support 802.11w ?

Quite a few people had issues with recent lede builds and wifi, try an older build or Kaloz images to at least rule out deauth attack.

For 802.11w replace wpad-mini with wpad, which you should do anyway.

I tought the wifi problems people reported were about wifi radios dying.
But i don't have this problem.

As i wrote earlier i have this problem with de-authentication for some longer time.
For 802.11w is this still needed https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=61848 ?

shm0 wrote:

Hi,
My syslog is spamming:

it looks like you are obfuscating the logs to remove MAC's,  at least compared to my logs.  My logs show MAC address's associated with each of those type events.  Are you able to track those down to your devices?

Yes i removed the MACs.
All devices with this problem are galaxy s5 devices.
My old S3 doesn't have this problem.

I did some minor cleanup on the wiki this morning, and I noticed the WRT3200 doesn't have a supported revision link... is the WRT3200 currently supported outside of Kaloz's image (I haven't had a chance to check my build env at home yet), and if so, does anyone know which revision number added support?

(Last edited by JW0914 on 18 Oct 2016, 17:49)

JW0914 wrote:

I did some minor cleanup on the wiki this morning, and I noticed the WRT3200 doesn't have a supported revision link... is the WRT3200 currently supported outside of Kaloz's image

There is a image in trunk  openwrt nothing 4 LEDE
openwrt-mvebu-armada-385-linksys-rango-squashfs-factory.img

And it looks like kaloz is working on rango.
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/comm … c60d705fc6

(Last edited by gufus on 18 Oct 2016, 21:36)

Hi all,

Now I come across this problem: somehow the r/w speed of the disks attached to my 1900ac v2 drops to about 10m/s (one hdd and one tf card). Before it usually took a reboot for the speed to get back to 100m/s but now this trick stops working. I didn't do anything recently except changing the number of min_free_kbytes in system.conf. I changed it back to the old setting but the problem remains. The ethernet speed between other devices is still 100m/s so it's not the problem of the lan part. May I ask if it's related to the usb drivers?

PS: The firmware is cc 15.05.1

(Last edited by godsendpie on 20 Oct 2016, 08:57)

Anyone tried flashing the latest kaloz image for the ACS? I have tried flashing twice and each time the router is inaccessible via luci and ssh. I am going from LEDE to Openwrt. Would that be the issue?

f0xbat wrote:

Anyone tried flashing the latest kaloz image for the ACS? I have tried flashing twice and each time the router is inaccessible via luci and ssh. I am going from LEDE to Openwrt. Would that be the issue?

I always flash from Linksys oem. I keep it in partition 1.

I have never had an issue trying any image doing this.

f0xbat wrote:

Without viewing the serial output upon boot, there's no way to troubleshoot.

f0xbat wrote:

Make sure no settings are kept (uncheck settings box).

Thanks everyone! i managed to flash it successfully by mojolacerator's guide. I flashed the OEM firmware. Then from OEM firmware, i managed to flash to Kaloz image and login successfully.

f0xbat wrote:

Thanks everyone! i managed to flash it successfully by mojolacerator's guide. I flashed the OEM firmware. Then from OEM firmware, i managed to flash to Kaloz image and login successfully.

If you don't have a USB-TTL cable, it's highly recommended to invest in one, as it not only allows one to debrick their router from a bad flash, it also helps troubleshoot boot, as well as other, issues.

If flashing w/o selecting keep settings selected results in the same issue, it's likely one of the following applies:

• Corrupted download, which can be verified via checksums

• Unsure what revision completely removed telnet, allowing for SSH without a password set, as I haven't used CC for around a year.  (I know I flagged the message in Outlook with the revision and will look when I have time tomorrow)

• It's also possible kaloz's images do not have the NAND patch applied, resulting in a kernel panic ~10s into the boot process.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 20 Oct 2016, 09:05)

shm0 wrote:

I tought the wifi problems people reported were about wifi radios dying.
But i don't have this problem.

As i wrote earlier i have this problem with de-authentication for some longer time.
For 802.11w is this still needed https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=61848 ?

I haven't tested 802.11w as I use EAP so you will have to give it a try but there shouldn't be anything apparat from getting the missing hostapd support in wpad-mini by default.

JW0914 wrote:

It's also possible kaloz's images do not have the NAND patch applied, resulting in a kernel panic ~10s into the boot process.

Off course not, the kernel version Kaloz is using never had a broken nand driver to begin with. It's close to impossible that you will ever again meet someone who runs into that particular bug. A million other reasons are more likely.

Consider CC, DD and lede all fixed for a long time now, there might be historic images with this issue, but nothing that gets offered as download.

@sera Thanks =]  I thought it had only been fixed on kernels 4.x and not 3.x, so should any references to the NAND patch be removed from the wiki?

JW0914 wrote:

@sera Thanks =]  I thought it had only been fixed on kernels 4.x and not 3.x, so should any references to the NAND patch be removed from the wiki?

3.x was never broken. Removing any references to the nand patch would improve things a lot. After all this is just a random bug which there are many.

All NAND patch references have been removed from the Wiki

Is there anyone here from Canada that has found where to buy the WRT3200ACM?

mojolacerator wrote:

Is there anyone here from Canada that has found where to buy the WRT3200ACM?

Can you not order from Amazon?

Sorry, I don't live in Canada so just curious.

(Last edited by kirkgbr on 21 Oct 2016, 16:47)

@kirkgbr

yip, just wondering if anyone has seen it "retailing" anywhere. Actually have my Linksys.com shopping cart ready to go. smile

I know this may be very off-topic, but:

Can I ask a question? For the WRT1200ac there is a V1 model and a V2 model, could I go on DD-WRT and download the V1 file for Version 2? Or will it be incompatible? On Linksys website it states that the only  difference between V1 and V2 are the firmware versions, but I still think installing the DD-WRT file for the V1 ON the V2 will cause some problems.

Game: Take a drink every time you see "V1" and "V2"