OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@kaloz

Ill try to work on it but everyones builds are so janky no offense I really mean that... no offense but it is bleeding edge... I havent bricked but one of kaloz offered no usb or was that mcwrt version... ive built em all... figured out how to incorporate old packages in the feeds and am just building everything I need on the img... fwiw if you are building for others to use please by all means have every single build package every single devel package every single package you can think of... lib usb has issues but after I bloated my fedora vmware another couple of gigs and installed EVERYTHING that wouldnt break yum ive got a stable build for what I need... but this is again really catered I didnt build samba or a lot of things I hear people in here discussing

Ill let you know about my wifi and what its doing...

I can put my gawk package up if you want, along with ngrep and ncat... sed and grep...

Also it seems everyone has a different flavor of what iptables should look like... it just gets confusing... I dont want a rat maze plus moat at my front door just a dead bolt...

My advice... unless you really can use ipv6 just disable it... it makes things really hairy when a client is double booked... I think this is probably causing some nat grief...

Anyhow ill give my build a few and report back

As far as the pivot. I think thats gonna have to be an option or additional file for build cause fstab seems to burned in the image and will either have to be changed pre build or the entire ubi0_1 block device removed

My two cents

Is there a way in putty to completely erase all data and just have it come up defaults? I haven't found a way in Luci and messing with the wireless and constantly having to fix the security key in putty is driving me nuts.. thanks

More two cents cause I ghost wrote that hours ago... if you are switching back and forth it doesnt matter if you save your settings to transfer over... if it gets janky just ssh into root and delete all of /overlay... you wont be able to command reboot just power down and then on and it will be fresh...

Two points for those that think they have bricked... you more than likely have a stale arp on either your pc or router or both... disconnect both for a min or so reboot the router and try again...  you may have done something strange with interfaces cause they are set up really wierd as is iptables... if your getting the 169.whatever as a subnet you have two options that dont involve ttl or serial or whatever...

First 30-30-30... have we all gone noob on this?

Second connect upstream to the box instead of down stream... just plug the wan into another router and connect through the other router through the wan port..

Also guys if you think youve been locked out cause you made a booboo remember if openwrt is fresh with no luci just telnet to whatever gateway your dhcp shows and just type passwd

Then of course
sed -i 's/\#//g' /etc/opkg.conf ; opkg update ; opkg install luci-ssh ; opkg install luci-theme-openwrt

Then again sed might not be in busy box, and why the hell isn't bc in busy box geez...

30-30-30 is deedeewrt crap, if you have no idea how to use OpenWrt's failsafe, please read the docs smile

Kaloz wrote:

30-30-30 is deedeewrt crap, if you have no idea how to use OpenWrt's failsafe, please read the docs smile

failsafe is not work.

I have tried TTL ttft recovery.
but, below status...

Ste▒I▒▒A▒▒?+u▒~CI Exp▒.b▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ies
S▒Y▒7: {▒X4 On▒u▒To c▒V?▒P}▒SZk
▒▒?7,▒KN)▒▒▒11                  R
St▒▒▒▒▒▒▒z▒▒▒u▒Last pse of ▒X-PIPE▒nfigurationSteps 13:▒U▒с15▒befor▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒resulwsSteps 14: [PEX-Only]  In order to configureSteps 15: [PEX-Only]  In order to configureSteps 16: [PEX-_nly] T▒aining ▒nablestep 17: max_if= 0x7
step 17:  PEX0  pexUnit= 0
▒▒▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒ eturn ▒▒▒0x%▒▒50E▒▒pabili▒^R
▒▒▒▒R▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒j▒
                 ▒▒▒▒KK
Gen2 client!           ▒jj▒▒&jj▒▒▒▒R
step 17:  PEX1  pexUnit= 0
step 17:  PEX2  ▒▒U▒▒▒▒ 0
**▒Zk
     J?Gen1, c▒?▒the▒A▒capa▒ZW▒
▒▒▒▒▒vPexConfigRead: retu▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒x004▒▒K▒▒▒▒▒--> 50▒j -->▒▒5
▒:▒Gen2 client!
step 17:  PEX3  pexUnit= 0
PEX4▒▒?▒?▒▒▒ted No Link. Status Reg(0x000▒▒4) =▒▒00000▒▒17:▒E▒▒▒▒ 1
            b▒▒▒▒ Statu▒ Reg(0▒81A64)x00000▒h?▒1▒▒a▒▒^U+▒▒ 1
PE▒▒$TW▒▒▒r▒▒Li▒-       ▒х▒?Reg(▒L▒ª
                                   ▒▒O▒▒▒0▒&▒h?▒▒▒▒H▒▒U▒▒▒= 1
▒▒ : De▒▒ed No ▒nk. Status Reg(0x00▒▒J▒▒▒00001▒$▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Sequence - ▒?4.5.▒&▒?▒▒▒▒▒?▒▒▒▒- ▒atic M▒▒с
DDR3 Training Sequence - HW T▒▒▒+▒▒▒k▒▒▒?▒
DDR3 Training Sequence - Switching XBAR Window to FastPath Window
BootROM: Image checksum verification PASSED

__   __                  }▒_
|  \/  | __ _ _ ____   _____| | |
▒▒Ł |_|▒__,_|_|    \▒ / ▒}}}▒}▒}▒5
                                       ▒▒▒▒_    ▒▒▒_
▒▒▒| | ▒▒__ H▒▒▒}}▒| |_
  ▒▒| |___|  _ ▒        ▒\ ?▒Ł__|
   ▒Ł|___| |_) | (_)▒ (_) |▒j
                               }}}▒    |____/ \___/ \___/ \__|
**▒QQ*RR▒▒H▒▒▒▒▒2011▒▒?▒▒0▒▒j▒▒▒?▒Jj▒?▒▒▒version: v2011.▒▒▒▒▒▒Œj

▒сversyon:v1.3.25
▒▒+?▒ ▒)aA▒G▒▒v 1.0▒▒k▒   ?▒▒▒▒   ▒▒ing 2 ▒▒▒5
                                                ▒Custom configuration
CPU  Marvg▒▒PJ4B▒J▒▒ (▒2) L▒▒H▒?▒▒HL&▒▒z]
  ▒HJ▒ [MHz]
               ▒H▒▒▒@ ▒0 [MHz▒R   ▒▒600▒u5
                                            ▒$▒▒▒▒Width▒FastPa▒ Memory Acces▒
   ▒H▒("▒▒▒ed
D▒▒▒▒▒▒▒B

Map:   Code:            0x0fea7000:0x0ff5e2d4
       BS▒%     0x0fV▒▒j
                            ▒-▒▒2▒a6ef8
   ▒p:          0▒▒▒000z▒0fea70▒C▒H▒NAND:  Spansion 1Gb(ID=F101) 128 MiB
MMC:   MRVL_MMC: 0
Bad block table▒?▒▒a▒ page ?▒b▒▒▒Z▒▒ version 0x01
                                   ▒▒▒

#### auto_recovery ####
[u_env] get auto_recovery == no
[u_env] get auto_recovery == no
[u_env] get boot_part == 2
[u_env] get boot_part_ready == ▒C▒▒?}?▒▒?▒▒enabl▒▒0, b▒▒}▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒}▒▒▒}?▒▒▒▒3
▒PEX 0.0(0): Root Complex Interface, Detected Link ▒, GEN▒      j
                                                                 PEX 0.1(1): Root Complex Interface, Detected Link X1, GEN 1.1▒▒PEX 0.2(2): Root Complex Interfa▒PEX 0.3(3): Detected No Link.
PEX 1.0(4): Detected No Link.
PEX 1.1(5): Detected No Link.
PEX 1.2(6): Detected No Link.

T}▒▒▒}▒▒▒▒Offset: 0x1000▒Rs_env_off Offset: 0x14000▒▒W▒?▒Offset: 0x900▒▒H▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒j
             total_badCount: 0
▒▒▒▒▒ 0
▒?▒▒ 0▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒j

FPU initialized to Run Fast Mode.
USB 0: Host Mode
USB 1: Host Mode
USB 2: Device Mode
Modules Detected:
mvEthE6171SwitchBasicInit finished
Net:   mvSysNetaInit enter
set port 0 to rgmii enter
set port 1 to rgmii enter
                          egiga0 [PRIME], egiga1
modify Phy Status
auto_recovery_check changes bootcmd: run altnandboot
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x3200000, size 0x40000▒
4194304 bytes read: OK
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
Marvell>>

OK, I just figured out my 2 problems.

1. I'm not used to having to create a separate interface to do dual stack over PPPoE. Creating a separate 'WAN6' interface and binding it to @wan was the key.

2. The second radio for some reason was stuck using a 160MHz channel, even after changing it through the LuCi UI. Manually forcing it to 80MHz in the config file brought it back.

==--==

1. feels like a poor implementation of network interface configuration, but is a debate for another day.
2. appears to be a mix of buggy drivers and poor sanity checking with the UI.

I've also noticed the drivers report no useful telemetry of the connection (eg. 2.4 always @1Mbps, 5 always @6Mbps). Is this what others are observing?

All of this is using the @Kaloz 3.18.1 build with temperature sensors.

LuCI might have issues and please keep in mind that this is a new driver (and a different chipset) so don't expect ath9k's maturity.

In master mode it doesn't make sense to have a "useful" speed, given different clients connect at different speeds depending on a lot of factors smile

Abitrary wrote:
Kaloz wrote:

failsafe is not work.

Failsafe would work, if you would be running OpenWrt.

Abitrary wrote:

Marvell>>

Well, no idea what and where did you flash, but you don't have a valid firmware there. Set up your notebook/desktop to use the ip address of "192.168.1.8" and put the stock Linksys firmware on the tftp server as "blk-mamba.128mb.img". Flash back to stock with "run update_both_images".

It is ddwrt founded... obviously the.other guys here but its foufounded in that when all else fails do a good reset..

Which would  would apply to some people

But the networking is very confusing at times with this one... and believe it or.not kaloz the firmware not releasing variables is what is causing the pivot issues

(Last edited by rip057 on 6 Jan 2015, 12:59)

Kaloz wrote:
Abitrary wrote:
Kaloz wrote:

failsafe is not work.

Failsafe would work, if you would be running OpenWrt.

Abitrary wrote:

Marvell>>

Well, no idea what and where did you flash, but you don't have a valid firmware there. Set up your notebook/desktop to use the ip address of "192.168.1.8" and put the stock Linksys firmware on the tftp server as "blk-mamba.128mb.img". Flash back to stock with "run update_both_images".

I tried for your advice.
But it is the same status.
OMG

Why not reached failsafe mode?

Thank you !

DavidMcWRT wrote:
netgod wrote:

So how many dBm can the antennas output?

highest setting available in the GUI in mine with my (European) country code is 20 dBm (100 mW) on each radio.

For wireless communication have to be 2 transmitters and 2 receivers (1 per equipment) . One equipment is the AP and the other is what ever you want to connect to de AP.
if you increase the power of one transmitter (the router) does not mean the other transmitter increase too. and you're only increase the noise in your home.

You also need proper antenna to receive signals from far away, radio only determines sending distance. The Marvell chip is a beast capable of >1W of power.

My 2.5 cents worth............

I have tried every image since day 1 of Chadster's first release. I have NEVER had to use my ttl cable. I NEVER flash an image without flashing Linksys Stock first. I am running Life's 2nd latest release, when I update to the most recent, I will flash Linksys stock and let it setup, find the internet....etc....etc., before I flash any alternative image. I NEVER flash from one OpenWrt/Custom image to another. Everyone needs to realize that these are all in new/testing stage, if you can't recover the router from doorstop status, I would suggest not trying any alternative image until a stable proven release.  It is "use at your own risk" after all.

dpdurst wrote:

After some trial and error and messing with the key on the wireless security, which still happens when making a new network. I'm all up and running with all devices (22 total) of ip camera's, laptops, tablets, printers, thermostats, smoke/co2 detectors and a guest network to go with it. Kudos for the software, running very nice!

While I see that you solved it, a tip if you run into it again: it sounds very much like you have your browser (or an extension) remember a password, and any password field is auto-filled.

makro wrote:
dpdurst wrote:

After some trial and error and messing with the key on the wireless security, which still happens when making a new network. I'm all up and running with all devices (22 total) of ip camera's, laptops, tablets, printers, thermostats, smoke/co2 detectors and a guest network to go with it. Kudos for the software, running very nice!

While I see that you solved it, a tip if you run into it again: it sounds very much like you have your browser (or an extension) remember a password, and any password field is auto-filled.

While that is true and I do have the root PW saved so it auto-fills, this should not affect the security key at all and it should not auto-fill that password. This didn't happen at all until I went to CC, McWrt 1.00 up to 1.08 never had this issue and worked fine. I will tonight remove that and see if it has any bearing on the issue. - Thanks

dpdurst wrote:

While that is true and I do have the root PW saved so it auto-fills, this should not affect the security key at all and it should not auto-fill that password. This didn't happen at all until I went to CC, McWrt 1.00 up to 1.08 never had this issue and worked fine. I will tonight remove that and see if it has any bearing on the issue. - Thanks

the login password is:

<input class="cbi-input-password" type="password" name="luci_password">

The wifi password is:

<input type="password" class="cbi-input-password" onchange="cbi_d_update(this.id)" name="cbid.wireless.cfg063579._wpa_key" id="cbid.wireless.cfg063579._wpa_key" value="your_password" cbi_validate="function ()
        {
            // is not detached
            if( field.form )
            {
                field.className = field.className.replace(/ cbi-input-invalid/g, '');

// validate value
                var value = (field.options &amp;&amp; field.options.selectedIndex > -1)
                    ? field.options[field.options.selectedIndex].value : field.value;

if (!(((value.length == 0) &amp;&amp; optional) || vstack[0].apply(value, vstack[1])))
                {
                    // invalid
                    field.className += ' cbi-input-invalid';
                    return false;
                }
            }

return true;
        }" cbi_datatype="wpakey" cbi_optional="true">

So maybe your auto-fill is going off of class, which would definitely be unusual.

It may determine that there is exactly one <input type="password"> on the page, and auto-fill the password as it knows exactly one password for the site. Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me, most auto-fillers try to be helpful above strict. I've accidentally renamed multiple articles on a website I manage due to the article title field being detected as a username field, and then auto-filled.

McWRT is AA-based, I suppose it has the old LuCI theme, which may explain why it isn't affected. Whether this is issue belongs to LuCI or the auto-filler in use I'm not sure.

Well the password issue is fixed, removing the saved password has restored the auth key in the wireless area to what it should be. I don't need to save it on the main login page so I'm all set.  Thanks!

lifehacksback wrote:

@DavidMcWRT

I've done some rearranging and would like to ask you to update the wiki with this url: http://tinyurl.com/CC-lifehacksback-Known-Good

Thanks big_smile

Is this a new image? Or just a new URL ?

(Last edited by LookingForMyMojo on 6 Jan 2015, 21:35)

LookingForMyMojo wrote:

Is this a new image?

No, just the old image moved to my google drive rather than dropbox tongue I'm in the process of uploading a new image so just wait for the link to appear wink I'm going to start using static urls to the "testing" images i will be building. I'm also thinking of making a folder for "nightlies" but I'm not sure

Very cool, Thanks very much for your hard work!

well i finally finished getting what i want out of this build... no pivot overlay, but i shrunk it so much that all its good for now is some conf file ...  build ended up being 31MB but its all good, I got EVERY single package i want made and included...

thanks to all that helped... its free for anyone who wants it let me know

rip057 wrote:

well i finally finished getting what i want out of this build... no pivot overlay, but i shrunk it so much that all its good for now is some conf file ...  build ended up being 31MB but its all good, I got EVERY single package i want made and included...

thanks to all that helped... its free for anyone who wants it let me know

I'm very curious to try it, can you post it?