tmo26: page updated.
SCF: I understand... from a hardware point of view brcm-2.4 is the same as brcm47xxx, but not all brcm47xx devices have a working brcm-2.4 image (and never will get).
metai: Yes, I agree. And also confusing is the fact that a device may be listed as supported since long, even though features (like WiFi) never worked.
richbhanover: these are good ideas.
I think about a (BB) poll:
- Router+Version (choose from list)
- Stability (Stable, Questionable, Unstable)
- Wifi (Works, Works but not at full hardware speed, Not working, No such hardware)
- IO/USB (Works, Limited functionality, Not Working, No such hardware)
- Installation (BB std image, Image Generator image or extra packages required, non standard build)
- Installation (From Manufacturers std interface, tftp (in the dark) required, serial required, not applicable (ie Raspberry Pi)
I could build such a poll based on the data shown in my Table-of-Hardware-page. The result could come out as a simple line:
(in this case, I think WiFi does not work with BB and WRT54GL, and that it is preferrably installed creating a custom image. Others building zram-images may report WiFi as working.)
These result-lines people could:
1) Just post as a comment on this forum
2) Drop in an email (if they prefer)
It would be rather easy to copy-and-paste the 100-1000 answers that I hope we could get, and it would give a pretty good idea about what hardware actually runs BB. And quite easy to present/visualize the results.
If it turns out well we can do a legacy poll for for people running AA and older.
This should give as an idea what devices on the Table of Hardware that are effectively abandoned.
(Last edited by zo0ok on 10 Apr 2015, 08:51)