OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Improve the Wiki Table of Hardware?

The content of this topic has been archived between 12 Sep 2015 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Pleas add brand Draytek to ToH.
Thanks.

I have no clue at all, but asked myself a similar question today.

BTW: Draytek added.

(Last edited by tmo26 on 4 May 2016, 20:28)

tmo26 wrote:

BTW: Draytek added.

Thanks.

About add brand StarNet то ToH.

Which router do you want to add? What data do you have available of that router?

tmo26 wrote:

Which router do you want to add? What data do you have available of that router?

Starnet AR800 V1.5
platform bcm63xx
All data are available. The patch for the support it is already ready.

richbhanover wrote:

It will probably be of interest to the people who follow this list that a number of core developers have forked OpenWRT to form the LEDE Project.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n … ed-As-LEDE
and
https://www.lede-project.org/

Does this have any effect on us (the team that updated the ToH?)

I would say now is a prime opportunity to get the attention of the LEDE developers and offer to help. The stated project goals include getting more people involved and improving documentation. For better or worse, the wiki would be a clean slate as well. The contributions being offered here all fit in well with this change in the project. I anticipate LEDE will be the more active project (vs OpenWrt) going forward.

@Andyl: Since I have seen at least two different spellings, one more question before adding the new Brand: What is the correct spelling
- StarNet
- Starnet

?

tmo26 wrote:

@Andyl: Since I have seen at least two different spellings, one more question before adding the new Brand: What is the correct spelling
- StarNet
- Starnet

?

Starnet

Starnet added.

BTW: What does "DISLY" mean in russian? I saw it on pictures of AR800 routers.

(Last edited by tmo26 on 10 May 2016, 19:33)

tmo26 wrote:

What does "DISLY" mean in russian? I saw it on pictures of AR800 routers.

Nothing. I think this is just a name of the character or something like that.

Hi, I was thinking it would be nice if we included a new descriptive feature Techdata pages. The size matters, it's about including the dimensions of the board or the casing, or both. I prefer only including board dimensions, its more precise and you can figure out how big is the casing.

http://www.skillsyouneed.com/images/geo/area-volume-dimensions.png

Most boards has almost the same height, which matches with the rj45 slots. Then only including lenght x width could be enough.

Then, eventually when enough boards had their dimensions they could be tagged by their area in small, medium or big

Hi dani,

some questions and thought of mine:

Which searchrequest does this information help to answer?
What would be the use of this information? Who would use  this information or benefit from it?

• People who are searching for very small devices (e.g. Zsun)

• People who are searching for a device with specific features (5x Gbit, 2x USB), which should not exceed a certain size

Is size linked to the number of Eth ports? Do we need some extra fields to show the size?

How can we make this searchable/filterable?

• Length/height/width (mm/cm)
    Hard to filter for (3 fields needed), but most accurate and meaningful information

• Area (cm²)
    easy to filter for, but questionable information; 30cm² can be 5x6cm or 1x30cm or ...

• Volume (cm³)
    same as for area

• XS/S/M/L/XL
    - Definition of these size-classes? (postal size-classifications for packets could be a starting point, thinking of the german post "Gurtmaß")
    - Example devices for these size-classes?

How easy is this information available? Will it be well populated?
Datafields which are not well populated are not that big a use for our "customers"
What about users who are afraid to open their device to get the board dimensions?

• Enter nothing, wait for someone to enter the board dimensions (that day may never come)

• Enter case dimensions i/o board dimensions

• Provide both, case + board dimension fields, so either one or both can be entered

Implementation

• No problem for future devices (can be implemented in the template_dataentry)

• Devices currently in the ToH need manual interaction (datafields not available in the dataentry editor, need to be added manually... a lot of work!)

All comments are welcome, especially from possible users of this feature!

A possible "customer" can be the use of a board with external antenas with a built in casing. It's just an example, probably not many people is worried about size.

No idea what do you mean with the number of ethernet ports and size. Anyway I don't intend to cause complex relationships between several features.

The area from my pont of view is enough for filtering. A board with 1x30cm is unlikely to exist in the market, only a few boards like nanostations have this assimetrical desing. There are also a few boards with a triangle form, but they are marginal afterall.

This information as with other boards features probably will be unpopulated and nobody will fill it. Example: hw leds, buttons. The fact is without this field it will never be filled for sure.

Sad to read it's hard to add a new field in devices that are already in the ToH.

Regards.

I no longer have access to edit the wiki, but a suggestion for someone that still does: Someone has made the Luci install page unnecessarily complicated, which will undoubtedly cause problems for lots of people installing trunk builds and then getting stuck without a GUI. Can someone revert it to the last version? if there were some useful updates in the new version, it would be reasonable to incorporate those.

Reverted to previous version.
BTW: Even as a guest, you should be able to edit the wiki (but you need to enter a captcha).

tmo26 wrote:

Reverted to previous version.
BTW: Even as a guest, you should be able to edit the wiki (but you need to enter a captcha).

Thanks. Good to know.

Not following lately so this may or may not be news.

It appears that there are duplicate entries for I think all TP-Link devices.  Scroll down the Device Techdata column and it's obvious.  They say

toh:hwdata:tp-link:tp-link_tl-wr941nd_32, View/Edit data

There are also ones with just the standard View/Edit data

RangerZ wrote:

Not following lately so this may or may not be news.

It appears that there are duplicate entries for I think all TP-Link devices.  Scroll down the Device Techdata column and it's obvious.  They say

toh:hwdata:tp-link:tp-link_tl-wr941nd_32, View/Edit data

There are also ones with just the standard View/Edit data

Agree. It does not look good. Any other brands affected?

I tried to change the currently supported relate for WDR4900 from 15.05 to 15.05.1.
It worked, but it just affected ONE of the rows.

1) 4900: View/Edit Data
2) 4900: toh:hwdata:tp-link:tp-link_tl-wdr4900_1, View/Edit data

For the first one, the View/Edit link seems good.
For the second one there are two links
- the strange looking toh:... link edits row 1.
- the View/Edit of row 2 does not edit anything.

I guess deleting all 2nd rows, before more confusion is created, would be the best.

Anyone (tmo26) with any inside information about what may be wrong?

Just TP-Link that I can find

The duplicates show in the https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_extended_all page.  The duplicate items have two links.  The non-standard link spells out and points to the actual tech data that the view edit link points to for all other devices.  The view edit link points to the current page in all cases (https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_extended_all page)

Done, Bintec-Elmeg added.

moving device data page from inbox to toh is not available for regular users or am i missing something?