OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: MMC/SD Card module not working after upgrade to RC5

The content of this topic has been archived between 5 Mar 2018 and 2 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I found my wrt with mmc mod, checked the mmc.o module on it and it has the same md5sum as the one i previously posted a link to.
I went ahead and uploaded it just in case: mmcgsv1XAboard_working.o
I verified that it does work:

root@tprobe2:~# rmmod mmc ; insmod -v /lib/modules/2.4.30/mmc.o ; logread | grep mmc ; md5sum /lib/modules/2.4.30/mmc.o
Using /lib/modules/2.4.30/mmc.o
Oct  5 15:04:01 (none) kern.warn kernel: mmc Hardware init
Oct  5 15:04:01 (none) kern.warn kernel: mmc Card init
Oct  5 15:04:01 (none) kern.warn kernel: mmc Card init *1*
Oct  5 15:04:01 (none) kern.warn kernel: mmc Card init *2*
Oct  5 15:04:01 (none) kern.err kernel: devfs_mk_dir(mmc/disc0): using old entry in dir: 81f26f60 "mmc"
d952d32514afce3db4815697fc0d3c12  /lib/modules/2.4.30/mmc.o
root@tprobe2:~#

I'm using a PQI 128mb sd card.

I've just installed Whiterussian RC6 on my WRT54G v2.2 and seem to be having problems when I mount my SD card using the mmc.o module.
Once I mount the SD card my router command line seems to lock up on me.  The router is still operating like normal and passing traffic on the LAN and Wireless, but the command line locks up and eventually my SSH session times out.  When I try to reconnect the connection times out, even though I can ping the router. 
Has anyone else loaded RC6 and had any problems with the mmc.o module?

Hy. I have a wrt54gl v1.1 rouer (gpio 2 intead of 5). I tried every mmc driver theat i could find. All the 1.3 versions of the driver, are installed and mounted without no errors but when i try to write on the card, i get write error message. I wil tri the forum99 driver cause is the only one that i didn't try. I'm not very good at electronic syuf but i'm sure the solgering is good. How can i check that gpio 3 and 4 are not switch? Using older versions of the mmc driver with gpio 2, i get the -1 error. I s it posble this behaviour to be because that the gpio 3 adn 4 are switched? I have white russion 0.9

The discussion might have continued from here.