OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is this router based on the infineon danube?

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Oct 2014 and 1 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

aiayua wrote:

You need serial connection to it, mandatory big_smile So get a cable (a siemens C45/C55 unlock cable works too ... just need a cable with RS232<->TTL(3.3v) converter)

Whe you have it, connect it, switch off the unit, switch on, stop the boot and then, do a help command and a printenv command. You will get available commands and environment variables big_smile

At this point, we can continue "openwrting" the unit big_smile

Ok, i connected serial cable to my ZTE device, here is boot log:

ROM VER: 1.2.0
CFG 04
EEPROM Data¦=-5)?

U-Boot 1.1.5-2.2 (Jun  7 2011 - 19:16:57)

DRAM:  16 MB

relocate_code start
 relocate_code finish.
Flash:  4 MB
Flash:  W25Q32BV
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

parse tag param success
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:

Init chip ,reset switch !

Internal Clock
Selected EPHY_MODE
AMAZON_SE Switch

Type "run flash_nfs" to mount root filesystem over NFS

Have Calibration Data
*** Press 1 means entering boot mode***
Press 2 means entering testing mode***
Press 3 means entering norm mode***
Hit key to stop autoboot:  0
Entering norm mode ...

Found image at 0x00040000
foundVer = 1
****Try the first image...
## Booting image at 00040100 ...
   Image Name:   MIPS Linux-2.6.20
   Created:      2012-03-27   9:28:37 UTC
   Image Type:   MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    804942 Bytes = 786.1 kB
   Load Address: 80002000
   Entry Point:  80268000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ...

The problem is that i can't stop device booting. It looks like device does not see my keystokes. I tried to disconnect RX from board - had rubish on screen instead of booting log, so fisically all three are connected RX, TX, GND.
I tried Putty and Hyperterm as terminal - reaction the same. Serial parameters are 115200/8/N/1/N

Any ideas?

Did you try pressing both: 1, 2, 3 and space? (I suppose we need 1 or 2 ... but maybe it's usefull try the others)

Did you verified the cable? TX (from cable) - RX (from router unit) are ok ?

yes, i tried everyone, no reaction, no echoes. As i said before when i disconnected board rx then i had rubish on terminal, when connected back output is ok, so i suppose cable is ok.

bthw, my serial converter is Jennic JN-AC001 - http://datasheetz.com/data/RF%20and%20R … heetz.html

If you disconnect board RX (cable TX) you need to receive same thing -good or bad-, so something is wrong here -> review & fix connections. Your serial converter is 5v or 3.3v ? In the website you post it's not specified and you need 3.3v levels.

Are there UART levels different from 3.3v?

UART levels are aprox +11v/-11v and this board serial levels are +3.3v/0v (in example, some PIC microcontroller are +5v/0v) ... That's the reason of this checkings big_smile

+/- 11V thing is called RS232 ... UART is simply a protocol

Ok, ordered profilic based converter.

Lol ... thanks blogic,

Now you're reading and correcting people only (nothing more constructive) can you correct this ? https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11235

In this thread, we talk about more things than UART, in example, HTTPD is not working and by that, TFTP is broken too in U-Boot. If you compile your own u-boot with HTTPD disabled, TFTP is working. Maybe is a gcc thing, i don't know, but official u-boot is broken, if you flash it, you have no connection to router than serial.

Please correct that smile Now im corrected and know UART is not RS232 (maybe the people here doesn't matter that little difference when we are referring all times to computer vs router ... but, thanks anyway smile

Anyway now im remembering, blogic, is the opposite. UART (and modern ones is USART) are only a chip, and by that, is the +/- 11v | +5/0v | +3.3/0v thing. RS-232 is a communication standard = protocol.

From wikipedia:

A Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter, abbreviated UART ( /?ju??rt/), is a type of "asynchronous receiver/transmitter", a piece of computer hardware that translates data between parallel and serial forms. UARTs are commonly used in conjunction with communication standards such as EIA, RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485. The universal designation indicates that the data format and transmission speeds are configurable and that the actual electric signaling levels and methods (such as differential signaling etc.) typically are handled by a special driver circuit external to the UART.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_ … ransmitter

@graciasSara

Does anyone have success with the EasyBox 802 (ARV752DPW)?

What do you mean ?

I have a ARV752DPW, and for now everything is working out of trunk ....

UPDATE:

Hey right now I am knowing what you mean... I have forwarded you from your previous post to this one.

So ....

I have seen you have compiled from trunk and installed the uboot as 2nd bootloader. Therefore you have changed the kernel_addr ......

BUT ....

you have also to modify the

https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/lantiq/files/arch/mips/lantiq/xway/mach-arv.c

that everything will fit to your new layout.

Take a look at line: 389 - generic board/fs layout function

My propose is that you will taking all as it is from trunk, because here you can grab everytime the newest one without patching internal files.

(Last edited by happyelement on 30 Jul 2012, 12:18)

Hi i have an easybox803 (ARV752DPW22), an easybox802(ARV752DPW) and an Easybox801.
I have build images from trunk for first both.
How can i flash them?
the wiki (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/arcadyan/arv752dpw) says i have to flash by using the rescueinterface from the box, but it doesn't say which image i should take.
jffs2-64k, jffs2-128k, jffs2-256k, uImage or squashfs.
My other Router (an TP-Link TL-WR1043ND)  simply needed the squashfs.

Greetings godofdream

godofdream wrote:

Hi i have an easybox803 (ARV752DPW22), an easybox802(ARV752DPW) and an Easybox801.
I have build images from trunk for first both.
How can i flash them?
the wiki (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/arcadyan/arv752dpw) says i have to flash by using the rescueinterface from the box, but it doesn't say which image i should take.
jffs2-64k, jffs2-128k, jffs2-256k, uImage or squashfs.
My other Router (an TP-Link TL-WR1043ND)  simply needed the squashfs.

Greetings godofdream

The normal choice is squashfs unless you need jffs2.
Squashfs is a read-only filesystem with a good compresion ratio, while jffs2 is read-write and bigger.

During the installation of OpenWRT it creates a jffs2 partition to store the changes and package installation.

Thank you happyelement! I think it would be the best to use the "original" flash layout so i can reflash the box every time without making changes to the code. But i can't find any document that tells me where i have to flash the image (maybe i'm blind). Or is it necessary to replace the original bootloader to fit in this layout?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I already tried it so let the adresses in uboot as they are and flash the image at this position, but i had no success because therefore i had to flash ahead the predefined sections in brnboot. That didn't worked for me.

(Last edited by gORDon_vdLg on 3 Aug 2012, 21:34)

I have tried to search the forums but couldn't find an answer to question:
Has anyone installed OpenWrt to Elisa Kotiboksi (re-branded Bewan iBox ADSL router)?

To my understanding it is based on Infineon Danube. Stickers found on the board saying "ARV7150PW-A-LF-L3". Here are two pictures of the board (click for larger versions):
http://upload.egarden.fi/kotiboksi_front_500.jpg
http://upload.egarden.fi/kotiboksi_back_500.jpg

If someone has managed to boot OpenWrt on this device, how much of the hardware is supported? Do any of the following work?
- Ethernet port(s)
- ADSL
- mini-PCI wlan
- USB

Last time I tried to get the device to boot non-default firmware was over an year ago. I managed to start U-Boot via UART but it couldn't use the ethernet and also detected the CPU or RAM speed incorrectly if I remember correctly.

If I manage to get OpenWrt installed on this device, I'll try to write a wiki article on how to backup the original firmware and flash U-Boot and OpenWrt on it.

(Last edited by Wnt on 7 Aug 2012, 11:21)

I have OpenWrt and uboot on the Elisa box. LAN and USB are working, WLAN not quite, ADSL I cannot test (but it should work).

The problem is that writing to the jffs2 partition is somehow broken, so you cannot save any settings you change. I haven't played with it for almost a year now, so I don't know if the later revisions have some fixes for that problem. There is one PCI related patch that I haven't submitted, it should fix WLAN.

Ethernet in uboot is a bit flaky, but usually works long enough for me to tftp a new image. I use the uboot for the 'EASY50712' target. I also meant to write a wiki article for the device, but then got really busy and the jffs2 problem discouraged me somewhat.

snk wrote:

I have OpenWrt and uboot on the Elisa box. LAN and USB are working, WLAN not quite, ADSL I cannot test (but it should work).

The problem is that writing to the jffs2 partition is somehow broken, so you cannot save any settings you change. I haven't played with it for almost a year now, so I don't know if the later revisions have some fixes for that problem. There is one PCI related patch that I haven't submitted, it should fix WLAN.

Ethernet in uboot is a bit flaky, but usually works long enough for me to tftp a new image. I use the uboot for the 'EASY50712' target. I also meant to write a wiki article for the device, but then got really busy and the jffs2 problem discouraged me somewhat.

Is a good idea make a wiki for this router despite the problems you have with it. Can you post the hardware specifications, specially the ram chip model?

Maybe your problems with jffs2 are derived from the u-boot you have used. In my case i have flashed in an arv7518 the u-boot for arv752DPW22 due to they have the same definitions (ram, flash and ethernet swith). Try to find other router similar to yours.

Has anyone made any progress with wi-fi on EasyBox 803?

803 has a rt3062 pci wifi chip which is still marked experimental.

i tried it a couple of months ago and it failed horribly

hm, but did you get rt3062 to detect? i think, that it's needed to modify some stuff about config data placement in flash. (?) as mentioned before

i tried on a easy50712 danube eval kit with a rt3062 pci card

OK, thanks for reply!

Also one more question. Is everything working out of the box on the EasyBox 802 on the current state of Trunk?

oleandr wrote:

Ok, ordered profilic based converter.

Hi guys! At last my converter is arrived. At first serial (X4) pinout:
1 - vcc
2 - tx
3 - rx
4 - gnd

Here is uboot's printenv

AMAZON_SE # printenv
bootcmd=run flash_flash
bootdelay=3
preboot=echo;echo Type "run flash_nfs" to mount root filesystem over NFS;echo
mem=16M
serverip=192.168.1.55
netdev=eth0
baudrate=115200
rootpath=/opt/nfs
nfsargs=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$(serverip):$(rootpath)
ramargs=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw
addip=setenv bootargs $(bootargs) ip=$(ipaddr):$(serverip):$(gatewayip):$(netmask):$(hostname):$(netdev):on
addmisc=setenv bootargs $(bootargs) console=ttyS0,$(baudrate) ethaddr=$(ethaddr) mem=$(mem) panic=1
flash_nfs=run nfsargs addip addmisc;bootm $(kernel_addr)
ramdisk_addr=B0100000
flash_self=run ramargs addip addmisc;bootm $(kernel_addr) $(ramdisk_addr)
bootfile=H108L.vmlinuz.bin
firmware=firmware.img
net_nfs=tftp 80500000 $(bootfile);run nfsargs addip addmisc;bootm
root_filesystem=rootfs.img
load=tftp 80500000 $(u-boot)
update=protect off 1:0-2;era 1:0-2;cp.b 80500000 0x0 $(filesize)
flash_flash=run addip addmisc; bootm $(kernel_addr)
update_kernel=tftpboot 80100000 $(bootfile);cp.b 80100000 $(f_kernel_addr) $(filesize)
update_rootfs=tftpboot 80100000 $(root_filesystem);cp.b 80100000 0x110000 0x2e0000
update_firmware=tftpboot 80100000 $(firmware_name);cp.b 80100000 $(f_kernel_addr) 0x3b0000
reset_uboot_config=mw 80400000 'FFFFFFFF' 0x08000;cp.b 80400000 0x00010000 0x08000;reset
f_ubootconfig_addr=0x00010000
f_ubootconfig_size=0x08000
chipid=1.2
boardid=112233
ethaddr=FC:C8:97:96:11:64
ipaddr=192.168.1.1
netmask=255.255.255.0
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethact=AMAZON_SE Switch???vd

Environment size: 1524/32764 bytes

Is it possible to run openwrt image via tfp without flashing?

you can test a ramdisk iage with the following line

tftp 80800000 uImage; bootm 80800000

Sorry, posts 776 to 775 are missing from our archive.