OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP Link WR1043ND 11n gigabit router

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Jul 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I have not had any luck with any and all recent rc6 versions of code on this puppy.   Unbricking requires failsafe mode or worse yet, boot mode and both of those modes require a serial port soldering job and a usb to ttl 3.3 vold cable/converter.

it's not good idea for me.... it is only 2 days old :-((

eeeeeee problem solved...... :-))))
i have to write mt -r write /tmp/xxxxxx.bin.... so lets trz once more wit openwrt :-)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6458/originalfw.jpg

W3pH4ck wrote:

i have to write mt -r write /tmp/xxxxxx.bin.... so lets trz once more wit openwrt :-)

mtd -r write /tmp/xxxxxx.bin firmware

If you like you can try my own build image, compiled and hosted on my vps

http://xopal.mooo.com

(Last edited by xopal on 14 Feb 2012, 17:06)

yes of course, path and on the end firewall.... it can be written in openwrt.org web pages....

what is the differences in yours packages?

xopal wrote:
W3pH4ck wrote:

could you share ".config" file of your build

(Last edited by diglam on 15 Feb 2012, 18:28)

xopal wrote:
diglam wrote:
xopal wrote:

could you give ".config" file of your build

http://xopal.mooo.com/config

thank you

Hello,

i tried to figure out how to enable Jumboframes for this Router (v1.8). I found this Ticket and tried this Command

swconfig dev rtl8366rb set max_length 3

but unfortunately i see this Error-Message:

Unknown attribute "max_length"

Can anyone please help me to enable Jumboframes for this Router?

Thank you.

P.S.: I tried the stable Release and the current Trunk (Attitude Adjustment (r30728)) with no Luck.

Edit:
I have a second WR1043ND with dd-wrt on it, jumboframes seems no Problem on this Device, i can connect a Windows 7 PC and a Debian Server (i have a 4KB MTU on both Devices) with this Router and have a LAN -> LAN Throughput from 58 to 66MB/s. With the OpenWRT Router i can't Access from both Machines untill i set the MTU back to 1500.

(Last edited by Desert on 27 Feb 2012, 21:33)

Is there really no fix for this Problem or should i open a Ticket?

Del wrote:

After four months of stability heaven, I have had some weeks with occasional stability issues on the router. Still early in the hunt for cause (the occasional aspect makes reproducing difficult). Right now I suspect a newly acquired HTC Sensation to somehow be the trigger. I have changed from psk to psk2 authentication and set the noscan option. I will report if I know more, maybe a good occasion to compile the latest and greatest openwrt code again smile

I compiled from trunk one month ago, and haven't seen any stability issues since. Whatever caused the issues last time seems to be resolved in trunk. This time around I baked an image that almost filled the entire flash chip with the squashfs filesystem. Also got to test basically everything in Luci, thanks for a fantastic effort jow, really appreciate it.  smile

I noticed that collectd is a real memory hog taking almost 9MB ram. Combined with rdd it allows fantastic monitoring, but maybe at a bit hefty price memory-wise.

Anyway, this router is becoming boringly perfect with openwrt. Maybe it is time to acquire a more immature router again smile

I just flashed my WR1043ND to openwrt after spending the past year with dd-wrt because I've heard that wifi throughput is generally better with openwrt. The firmware flash went without a hitch. Problem is, I've had no luck getting the wifi to actually work. It's configured properly but it refuses to broadcast the SSID. Entering the SSID manually on my client doesn't work either. Have any of you run into similar issues?

Here's my /etc/config/wireless in case you have any ideas. Thanks in advance if anyone has run into similar issues and shares their thoughts.

config 'wifi-device' 'radio0'
        option 'type' 'mac80211'
        option 'macaddr' '74:ea:3a:a1:68:fd'
        list 'ht_capab' 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list 'ht_capab' 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option 'disabled' '0'
        option 'channel' 'auto'
        option 'txpower' '18'
        option 'hwmode' '11ng'
        option 'htmode' 'HT20'

config 'wifi-iface'
        option 'device' 'radio0'
        option 'mode' 'ap'
        option 'ssid' 'test'
        option 'network' 'lan'
        option 'encryption' 'psk2'
        option 'key' 'maryhadalittlelamb'

cat /etc/openwrt_release
DISTRIB_ID="OpenWrt
DISTRIB_RELEASE="10.03"
DISTRIB_CODENAME="backfire"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="OpenWrt Backfire 10.03.1-rc4"
DISTRIB_TARGET="ar71xx"
DISTRIB_REVISION="r24045"
DISTRIB_OFFICIAL="1"

This router might be the most popular one in the world right now for OpenWRT folks.   I have one sitting here powered down and a serial port soldered up so that I can debrick it when required.  It works much better as a brick when there is no power applied smile

Anyways.   I don't see anything obviously wrong with your config but I don't trust channel 'auto' because I don't know what thes results are .  Pick a channel and stick with if for a while.

Also, pick a channel in the middle in case you enable 40mhz operation.  Another tip is to combine your linux command line skills with the useful LUCI web interface.  Use both interface to help you get the info you need.

Also, you probably want to try rc6 and a revision in the 29000+ level if your hardware revision is 1.8 (the latest for some of us).

Really simple ideas from a newbie...

red6

Never put channel on auto in Station Mode.
You need to set the channel to a specific number

Thanks guys. Changing the channel from auto to a specific channel fixed the issue. Weird. Is this a known bug?

Nut sure it is a bug because I don't know what the real purpose of 'auto' is for.

What kind of throughput are you seeing with your TL-WR1043ND?

I'm seeing only about 2.5 MB/s with CIFS transfers.

I'm seeing 33.5 Mbits/sec doing UDP tests with iperf but I'm also seeing 83% Lost Datagrams. This is directly from my laptop (Intel 5100 AGN) to the TL-WR1043ND.

Have you been able to attain throughputs higher than this?

2.5MB/s is wireless g. I benchmarked peak throughput of 80Mb/s=10MB/s using a broadcom based wireless on a laptop using iperf to measure. Some while back I tested with a Intel 5300 AGN and it was quite buggy with wireless n (rock stable on g though), but it peaked at about 60-70Mb/s (about 8MB/s) doing an ssh file transfer. You should see similar performance with cifs.

You will find my bug-report on the Intel wireless here: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39082 Reminding me that I should follow up the report now that bugzilla is back (will need to get hold of said wireless chip again first). I did test the proposed patch with no luck though.

Anyway, I use HT40- wireless, it can do the trick for some chips. This is my current config:

config 'wifi-device' 'radio0'
        option 'type' 'mac80211'
        option 'macaddr' 'd8:5d:4c:bb:22:b4'
        option 'hwmode' '11ng'
        option 'htmode' 'HT40-'
        list 'ht_capab' 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list 'ht_capab' 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option 'country' 'US'
        option 'disabled' '0'
        option 'channel' '08'
        option 'noscan' '1'
        option 'txpower' '24'

config 'wifi-iface'
        option 'device' 'radio0'
        option 'network' 'lan'
        option 'mode' 'ap'
        option 'ssid' 'Backfire'
        option 'encryption' 'psk2'
        option 'isolate' '0'
        option 'bgscan' '0'
        option 'wds' '0'
        option 'key' 'passphrase'

(Last edited by Del on 7 Mar 2012, 18:45)

I am pretty happy with my freshly baked OpenWrt, particularly with the package selection that I believe fits this router very well. If you want to test them, I have made them available. The factory (for first time install of openwrt):
http://ubuntuone.com/4o4MGxyNTiTqstKMXZowIw
The sysupgrade (upgrading from another openwrt, allowing you to keep all settings):
http://ubuntuone.com/6ioU6YDVq2CRBkCreS3i8d

As always, make sure you have enough free memory (8MB is sufficient):
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/gener … ree.up.ram
For factory firmware, disable not needed services like samba, and reboot.
Then simply install from web-interface.

The image contains ath9k driver, and all drivers needed for USB-disk or pen mounting with filesystems fat and ext4. Luci web-interface is installed covering configuration of all installed software. For commandline you will find bash, bash-completion and the emacs clone mg. Installed software includes samba, openvpn, wake-on-lan, etherwake, qos, ntp (clock sync), Dynamic DNS, cron, hd-idle (spin down your disk) and upnp (for those crazy enough to buy a ps3). Using the read-only squashfs filesystem, it still has a couple of megs free for additional packages.

Almost forgot, it also contains sftp, so you can mount folders on the router with sshfs.

(Last edited by Del on 8 Mar 2012, 20:33)

Hello,

I flashed OpenWRT to my WR-1043ND v1.8 router, but I can't connect a client with the TL-WN951N wireless card. I tried many different setups (HT20,-40,+40), disabled the scan, changed the country and the channel, but it can't connect or disconnect after the first wireless activity.

I can connect other 802.11g devices normally.

I flashed 10,03, 10.03.1 rc3, rc5, rc6, final and trunk.

Checking the system log there are some different errors depending on the current configuration.

Actually I'm using trunk (11ng, HT-40, channel 7, noscan) and the log shows only "IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 2)", but the client doesn't connect. The client driver is the newest from TP-link site.

It works fine using N mode with stock firmware.

I would appreciate any help.

(Last edited by Nandopi on 9 Mar 2012, 13:51)

I am on travel, so may not be very helpful the next days. Anyway, post your current wireless config file so that we can rule that out. Also helpful if you can check with other wireless clients. Feel free to test my image while you are at it smile

My current configuration is (trunk r30753):

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option macaddr *********
        option hwmode '11ng'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option txpower '20'
        option country 'BR'
        option noscan '1'
        option channel '7'
        option htmode 'HT40-'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid *******
        option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
        option key ***********

I don`t have any other N client to test with, but all my G clients works.

I'll try your image and give a feedback.

Giving advice from my phone may impair the quality of said advice. Still, try changing the authentication method to psk2

Thanks for your help so far, but it didn't work. I tried with trunk r30753 and your image r30848.

There are no errors on system log and I can't connect. Sometimes Windows wireless manager can't even locate the SSID, it didn't happen on 10.03.1 final.

EDIT:

I reverted to 10.03.1 final and the log shows:

Mar 10 17:57:34 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:34 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:35 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:35 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:36 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:36 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:37 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:50 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:50 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:51 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:51 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:52 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mar 10 17:57:52 OpenWrt daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA ***************** IEEE 802.11: authenticated

But I still can't connect.

(Last edited by Nandopi on 10 Mar 2012, 18:29)

Sorry, posts 1226 to 1225 are missing from our archive.