THIS BUILD IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED SEE HERE FOR MY LATEST BUILDS
I've spent some time rolling my own builds of trunk for a while and after a lot of requests decided to share the build since a lot of people are normal and don't necessarily know what a compiler is... The WNDR3700 is a great router and I think everybody deserves to have a taste of OpenWrt. For this build I aim to include everything that makes sense for this type of router, and also to have a working default configuration for all services.
I recommend using the TFTP method to flash (basically hold reset button while turning on until power flashes green then TFTP the factory image, look in wiki for detailed instructions). From stock just flash the factory image through web.
- Luci web interface
- Default SSID OpenWrt on both 2.4GHz/5GHz (password is changeme)
- WPS and WiFi on/off buttons enabled
- Reset button enabled (default settings)
- EXT2/3/4 file system support
- Block-mount (auto mount USB storage and extroot functionality)
- GPT disk support
- HD-idle (spins down USB disk after inactivity)
- Dynamic DNS
- SFTP/FTP/NFS/SMB/AFP network filesystems
- NFS/SMB/FTP/AFP shares /mnt/sda1 and maps everyone to root with R/W access (WARNING, ANYONE ON THE LOCAL NETWORK CAN READ/WRITE TO YOUR USB STORAGE)
- Avahi/Bonjour service discovery (nice if you have a Mac or Linux system)
- Time Machine support
- UPNP/NAT-PMP port forwarding
- MiniDLNA (latest CVS) for streaming media
- minissdpd allows for both miniupnpd and minidlna to run at the same tim
- PPTP VPN (issues IP's in same range as LAN), all you need is a user in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets like "user * password *"
- IPv6 supported (6in4, 6to4, aiccu, radvd)
- QoS (scripts and luci app)
- Jumbo frame passthrough support
- Useful tools (at daemon, ip, dtach)
- Config included (openwrt in /etc/openwrt-config.gz and kernel in /proc/config.gz)
Extra alternate build features:
- Removed MiniDLNA/PPTP
- L2TP/IPSec VPN (issues IP's in same range as LAN), all you need is a user in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets like "user * password *" and a PSK in /etc/racoon/psk.txt.
- NZBget (latest SVN) usenet downloader, postprocessing script included
- Transmission daemon torrent downloader
- vnStat traffic monitor
- tcpdump traffic inspector
If you have USB storage, format the first partition as ext2/3/4 and it will automatically be mounted when connected. To mount on boot edit /etc/config/fstab.
You can find the build here:
(Last edited by arokh on 7 Jul 2014, 09:14)