OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WBMR-HP-G300H ... willing to help

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Oct 2014 and 16 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Daeldo wrote:
crissi wrote:
essele wrote:

Copy this to the router (I usually put it in /tmp), then you can login (assuming you already have dd-wrt on it) and change to /tmp and flash it with: mtd -r write openwrt-lantiq-ar9-WBMR-squashfs.image linux

Hm, I tried to flash on my device but there is no mtd on this device. Version of FW is:

WBMR-HP-G300H Ver.1.74 (R3.02/B2011/02/03 09:21:07 JST)

Any hints?

I just bought my own copy of this modem. I've been trying to get OpenWRT to work (trunk version), but so far tftp flashing hasn't been a success. Also the modem comes with "stock FV", so updateing FV trough mtd isn't an option.

I'va also tried to install dd wrt trough webUI update, but it keeps throwing "Invalid image". The image has been downloaded from http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database.

Any ideas? Ultimately, I'd like to get openwrt working, the process is now important. Also, atm I don't have serial console, so that pretty much leaves webUI and tftp options? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

--
Daeldo

EDIT:

Nevermin, got dd wrt working with another image and then mtd -r write image linux worked perfectly.

Now trying to figure out how to get RFC 1483 Routed on OpenWRT...

I couldn't get my ADSL up with OpenWRT, so I decided to revert to dd wrt with "mtd -r /tmp/<dd wrt image> linux".

The command was fine, but now I can't access my router at all. There doesn't seem to be anything "wrong" with it, when using "get IP automatically", my computer gets a public IP (the modem isn't connected to network), not an private IP, like before. I've tried addresses 192.168.1.1, 2.1, 11.1, but nothing seems to work.

Also, I don't have the ability to revert this over serial console (at least atm), any suggestion? Or would it be easier to just get my hand on some console-equipment?

--
Daeldo

Which of the Lantiq SoCs are we dealing with here?  ARX188, ARX182 or ARX168?

Orca wrote:

Which of the Lantiq SoCs are we dealing with here?  ARX188, ARX182 or ARX168?

Where can this information be found on the device, tried to look for it in the main components on board, but couldn't find out... Couple of the components:

AR5716VW22-2-A-J6
AR9223-ACIA (?)

If You could tell me how to seperate the three from eachother? Bit of a noob with hardware here...

Also, I've ordered serail console adapter, so that is soon a possibility.

EDIT: But an educated quess would be "ARX168" as it has wbmr-hp-g300h under devices...

--
Daeldo

(Last edited by Daeldo on 11 Mar 2012, 17:43)

Any news?

Has anyone already flashed the router via tftp or jtag?
If so can someone tell me how to do this?
I have already tried it but it seems that this is not quite as to work as described in the wiki.
can anyone give me a short tut?
serial console and jtag cable is present.

peps1iko wrote:

Any news?

I've gotten a serial console cable, but haven't had any time to play with it or the modem.

Also, been checking out the debricking guide, but I'm afraid that I'd like some detailed info how to do this on WBMR-HP-G300H.

Anyone?
--
Daeldo

Daeldo wrote:
peps1iko wrote:

Any news?

I've gotten a serial console cable, but haven't had any time to play with it or the modem.

Also, been checking out the debricking guide, but I'm afraid that I'd like some detailed info how to do this on WBMR-HP-G300H.

Anyone?
--
Daeldo

Hey Daeldo,

do you know where can I buy the serial console for this router?

Thanks smile

I use a mobile connector cable (USB) for use with Siemens C55 (http://www.preisroboter.de/n/4250465168654.html 5-10Eur). If I'm right it it was aquired from conrad electronic and could be this one: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/7604 … Detail=005. The plug for connect to phone was cut and the 3 lines is that what you want (black: GND, blue: TX, white: RX). The VCC is not nessary because the adapter got its vcc from usb. The chip inside the big usb plug is a oti6858 which works out of the box with modern linux kernels.

No shipping in italy sad

1. go ebay.it 
2. search ->> CP2102 Module Modul USB to TTL
3. smile

Tried the Serial Console-cable, couldn't get it to work. Am I doing something wrong, I'm following http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.debrick , but as for the VCC / power to board, I just figured, that since I'm using this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … 815wt_1396

,it wouldn't be necessary to use external power if I use the VCC-cable.

The modem didn't "lit up" and Putty didn't get a connection. Any advice?

Also, if I plug in the modem and see what IP it gives me, it gives 169.254.254.131 as IP, but doesn't connect anywhere sad .

I've tried 192.168.(1|2|11).1 as gateway with proper IP addresses, but can't get into the modem.

If anyone could help with the serial console, step by step instructions would be appriciated. My computer does recognise the Serial as attached and installs it correctly.

--
Daeldo

Hi, have you the right parameters?

Speed : 115200
Data bits : 8
Stop bits:
Parity : none
Flow control : none

this >> 169.254.254.131 is a apipa ip, search by google "wiki apipa" you become this adress not from the router.

darkwin wrote:

Hi, have you the right parameters?

Speed : 115200
Data bits : 8
Stop bits:
Parity : none
Flow control : none

this >> 169.254.254.131 is a apipa ip, search by google "wiki apipa" you become this adress not from the router.

Checked the parameters twice. No ligths or nothing flashin in my modem. Also, putty doesn't show anything, but doesn't timeout. Also checked that the serial port is correct.

When using the modems own power adapter (while trying to see if anything works), leds come on.

Should I insert the devices own power also "in" when trying to use serail console?

--
Daeldo

hello everyone,
i'm considering buying this unique (due to adsl modem support) router.
whats the state of the openwrt firmware at the moment?
can i download the openwrt image directly? or should i first install dd-wrt?

and one other thing?
in the supported devices page, there is no statement about vlan support.
what should i assume (from you who have installed openwrt already).

thank you for your help

hi, i have installed the openwrt firmware over dd-wrt. i don´t know if is possible this directly.
If I have properly understood this router has vlan support. Currently I try to get it to work.
At the moment the swicht is not configured and therefore it is not possibly to make traffic between the ports.
If I have the solution I will write here.

Hi I too am looking to get this router due to it's ADSL2+ modem.

I bumping this thread just to get feel of what things are working and what is not.
Is the ADSL2+ working?
Wireless-n?

Also how come there is a variability in what is working on this thread?

I thought there was just a common build script we could run. I know thinks must be tweaked, but it seems that some people are having a lot of problems with openwrt on this rouer.

rhlee wrote:

Hi I too am looking to get this router due to it's ADSL2+ modem.

I bumping this thread just to get feel of what things are working and what is not.
Is the ADSL2+ working?
Wireless-n?

Also how come there is a variability in what is working on this thread?

I thought there was just a common build script we could run. I know thinks must be tweaked, but it seems that some people are having a lot of problems with openwrt on this rouer.

I myself got openwrt runnign on my modem. I didn't get ADSL up, so I reverted to DD-wrt, which didn't go as planned. Now I haven't gotten into my modem trough ethernet or serial, but haven't also tried that much.

I got LAN and WLAN up and running trough Luci with ease.

If anyone got any suggestion about the serial cable and getting my modem unbricked, I'd appriciate.
--
Daeldo

Yep, my buffalo came this morning. I got stuck at the same point as you: no adsl. However I've only tried out dd-wrt.

Daeldo wrote:

Now trying to figure out how to get RFC 1483 Routed on OpenWRT...

Daeldo wrote:

I didn't get ADSL up

I take it this means your provider is using EthoA? PPPoEoA or whatever that standard is called?
If so I think I have the same problem too.

I've seen in other threads that you can use br2684ctl to set it up via the shell, but not the web interface.

Daeldo wrote:

If anyone got any suggestion about the serial cable and getting my modem unbricked, I'd appriciate.

Can't you just get one of those USB -> TTL converters?

Daeldo wrote:

I got LAN and WLAN up and running trough Luci with ease.

Also I forgot to ask, how did you get Luci installed in menuconfig? Or is it selected by default?

Hi, you must activate it in menuconfig or you install this with opkg on your console.