OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT builds (CC) fully featured for various routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Updated r39222 to r40004 (md5 is ok) at a wr1043nd v1 (flash via Webgui + keep settings - near to stock) lead to a hard brick of the device (flash looks ok, rebooted and never come up).

Serial cable is ordered and maybe i can recover it.
All other recover/reset/... methods won´t work. It seems it didn´t even pass the boot manager (guessing from the led activity).

The firmware files at r40004 are 500kb smaller as the r39222 don´t know if this is ok (dropped some packages ... ).

CvH wrote:

Updated r39222 to r40004 (md5 is ok) at a wr1043nd v1 (flash via Webgui + keep settings - near to stock) lead to a hard brick of the device (flash looks ok, rebooted and never come up).

All other recover/reset/... methods won´t work. It seems it didn´t even pass the boot manager (guessing from the led activity).

The firmware files at r40004 are 500kb smaller as the r39222 don´t know if this is ok (dropped some packages ... ).

3914 bricked my ver 1 when i flashed this guys also. You can restore it with the serial cable smile

To Main OP I thought you said you tested these builds? It makes me very hesitant to flash it on my wr1043nd V2 and my wr842nd if you dont check to see if your firmware turns routers into door stops.

This is two peeps it has happened to.

@ Exordium and walaw
Unfortunately the Netgear WNDR4300 is not supported by OpenWRT at this time.

@ Mr. Happy
Try to edit the MAC-adress in CLI. Add "option macaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to the corresponding "config interface" section in /etc/config/network.

@CvH and Travis82
Unfortunately bricks happen from time to time. I can't do anything about it, it seems to happen randomly. I do test the firmwares before I upload them wink

r40004 is indeed smaller than previous firmwares, this is because I started building on a fresh config as from r40004. All obsolete packages are removed and I removed Transmission support.
My personal building script now does a defconfig before building, so that when a dependency changes it adds or removes packages automatically. So firmware size may vary from now on!

mk13139 wrote:

@
@CvH and Travis82
Unfortunately bricks happen from time to time. I can't do anything about it, it seems to happen randomly. I do test the firmwares before I upload them wink

wouldn´t it be better to remove at least the r40004  for the wr1043nd v1, i doubt i wouldn´t be the only one who kill his router with this smile

CvH wrote:
mk13139 wrote:

@
@CvH and Travis82

wouldn´t it be better to remove at least the r40004  for the wr1043nd v1, i doubt i wouldn´t be the only one who kill his router with this smile

I've had 160 downloads since r40004 and no complains about bricks so far, you are the first one. As I said, bricks happen randomly, it's not build related wink.

Further more, a brick is more likely to be caused by the 'previous' firmware i.e. not flashing it correctly.

mk13139 wrote:
CvH wrote:
mk13139 wrote:

@
@CvH and Travis82

I've had 160 downloads since r40004 and no complains about bricks so far, you are the first one. As I said, bricks happen randomly, it's not build related wink.

Further more, a brick is more likely to be caused by the 'previous' firmware i.e. not flashing it correctly.

Installed R40004 onto WNDR3700v1, as always, flawlessly and running pretty fine.

(Last edited by Wolf666 on 27 Mar 2014, 15:31)

mk13139 wrote:

@ Exordium and walaw
Unfortunately the Netgear WNDR4300 is not supported by OpenWRT at this time.

@ Mr. Happy
Try to edit the MAC-adress in CLI. Add "option macaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to the corresponding "config interface" section in /etc/config/network.

@CvH and Travis82

r40004 is indeed smaller than previous firmwares, this is because I started building on a fresh config as from r40004. All obsolete packages are removed and I removed Transmission support.
My personal building script now does a defconfig before building, so that when a dependency changes it adds or removes packages automatically. So firmware size may vary from now on!

That line is already in the 'wan' config section.
The macaddress is properly displayed in the GUI and at ifconfig...

CvH wrote:

+1
I've bricked my WR1043ND with this version and was able to restore the previous version, using my CP2102 serial module. I can confirm, the router is not dead after this flash, you should be able to restore it with any serial cable.

philip_petev wrote:
CvH wrote:

+1
I've bricked my WR1043ND with this version and was able to restore the previous version, using my CP2102 serial module. I can confirm, the router is not dead after this flash, you should be able to restore it with any serial cable.

Philliip is right just need to restore it with a serial cable i gave mine to my neighbor got a new v2 said hell with it cuz v1 wifi drop outs and what not.

Thanks for the change-log so we know whats going on with the new builds that is very useful smile I'll flash the wr10 today since im free and i will report back tomorrow if any errors or disconnects happen.

PS TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 is it for V2 we have these all over Hong Kong for about $80 ea.  If you support V2 that has the compatible 5ghz chip that would be fantastic.

(Last edited by Travis82 on 28 Mar 2014, 00:19)

Would you be so kind and build openwrt for 741ND v4? Thank you

Any interest in adding the WD MyNet N600/N750 routers? Not supported in 12.09 or any dd-wrt, so trunk is the only option. Would be nice to have something relatively complete to flash.

(Last edited by drawz on 28 Mar 2014, 17:06)

mk13139 wrote:

+1
Installed today r40004 (the factory image) on my WR1043ND V1, using my CP2102 serial module and the router works fine so far. I can confirm that the WR1043ND V1 image is usable and these bricks seems to be random.

(Last edited by philip_petev on 29 Mar 2014, 15:48)

ireasec wrote:

Would you be so kind and build openwrt for 741ND v4? Thank you

drawz wrote:

Any interest in adding the WD MyNet N600/N750 routers? Not supported in 12.09 or any dd-wrt, so trunk is the only option. Would be nice to have something relatively complete to flash.

Done! wink

Hey Can you add Alfa r36 please? This router has completely been abundant it would be great for some one to revive it.

mk13139 wrote:

Done! wink

Thanks!!

Thanks for your BB builds - these make OpenWrt available to me.
I have used an older version from the list and now tried r40352. I own a 1043nd v1.
(1) WiFi: frequent drops, family urges me to downgrade
(2) downgrading was almost not possible -> system reboot without version change. Only after manual removal of some packes, the downgrade went through.
Maybe there are already too many packages so that sysupgrade is not working due to RAM problems.

tom23 wrote:

I have used an older version from the list and now tried r40352. I own a 1043nd v1.
(2) downgrading was almost not possible -> system reboot without version change. Only after manual removal of some packes, the downgrade went through.
Maybe there are already too many packages so that sysupgrade is not working due to RAM problems.

My buddy just said the same thing a few hours ago this morning to me darn near word for word. I told him to go back to stock since none of the wrt's for this device can keep a stable wifi connection. V2 seems decent.

Tom post a log of when the wifi dropped out please.

PS He bricked it on your last build. So he will get ver 2 of the WR1043ND

(Last edited by Travis82 on 5 Apr 2014, 17:56)

Hi....

How about MR 3420 V2?

I'm looking for o firmware to MR3420 V2 with multiwan support OR Rootfs & Swap on USB Storage. Is it possible?

thanks

It seems that the combo of 1043nd and BB or AA have too many bugs. I also tried  r39156, but the wifi lasts only 30min under load.

Kernel log had lots of
[ 4982.150000] ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x004!

Sadly, I will have to try dd-wrt...

Travis82 wrote:
tom23 wrote:

My buddy just said the same thing a few hours ago this morning to me darn near word for word. I told him to go back to stock since none of the wrt's for this device can keep a stable wifi connection. V2 seems decent.

Tom post a log of when the wifi dropped out please.

PS He bricked it on your last build. So he will get ver 2 of the WR1043ND

dd-wrt... same wifi issues.

Do you get drop outs in stock also?

Hi Travis82,

Travis82 wrote:

last night I moved to stock (horrible password bug) and then to dd-wrt (latest build v24-sp2 (03/29/14) std). There were NO wifi glitches seen any more.  Should've moved earlier.

I've uploaded a new build (r40395), containing nbd's patch: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/15320#comment:9

tom23 wrote:

Hi Travis82,

Travis82 wrote:

last night I moved to stock (horrible password bug) and then to dd-wrt (latest build v24-sp2 (03/29/14) std). There were NO wifi glitches seen any more.  Should've moved earlier.

Glad DD-WRT works for you wink

(Last edited by mk13139 on 6 Apr 2014, 22:12)

tom23 wrote:

Hi Travis82,

Travis82 wrote:

That is good to know thanks, glad dd-wrt worked for ya also!

Any chance for a WR-841 V9 release?  It uses the QCA9533.

dslx wrote:

Any chance for a WR-841 V9 release?  It uses the QCA9533.

Hello,

Was looking for this too.

Thanks