OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWRT builds (CC) fully featured for various routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi,

I just flashed the build for the WR841N(d) V9 but even in the command line OpenVPN doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Adamantine wrote:
mk13139 wrote:
brando56894 wrote:

I'm using the Archer C7 v2 build and I can't seem to get the ath10k module installed because the kernel version isn't exactly the same as what I have and I'm not sure how to update it since I'm using a pivot overlay.

[root@OpenWrt ~]# opkg info kernel
Package: kernel
Version: 3.10.36-1-a921273516b44c3064dd7341758a4183
Depends: libc
Architecture: ar71xx
Installed-Time: 1402066382
Installing kmod-ath10k (3.10.36+2014-05-22-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/kmod-ath10k_3.10.36+2014-05-22-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-ath10k:
 *     kernel (= 3.10.36-1-a26256533955cd796a56383490861d8f) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-ath10k.

I'll include kmod-ath10k in the next build.
For now, you can try to use this command:

opkg update
opkg install kmod-ath10k --force-depends

I have an archer C7 V1 with a Compex 9880 v2 and the --force didn't work. Same error. Could you add the ath10k to the C7v1 build as well for the people who switched out the card?

Buying the V2 card has so far ended up being a waste of money.

I've added ath10k to the current build (r41212).

GertJanA wrote:

Hi,

I just flashed the build for the WR841N(d) V9 but even in the command line OpenVPN doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'? Describe the steps you took.

Awesome thanks!

mk13139 wrote:
GertJanA wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'? Describe the steps you took.

Well I've tried from the command line with "openvpn --config" etc. but then i get "Openvpn not found". I went looking for it in the /etc partition but also nothing found of Openvpn..

So that was why I asked, am I doing something wrong.. Because I guess I do..

mk13139 wrote:
philip_petev wrote:
jeffmeden wrote:

I don't see the problem on my WD mynet750 or my TPlink 3600.  Its either fixed in r41036 or my two units/environments dont see the issue.

Strange, because the last post in the ticket is about the same router (TL-WDR3600). Anyway, IMO this is a bug in dnsmasq that hasn't been squashed at all. dnsmasq should obey the config file (/etc/dnsmasq.conf) and ignore the interfaces, specified by "except-interface", but it obviously doesn't.

I don't have this problem either.. However you can try to open a ticket about it wink

I think it's the WAN protocol, because there are no such messages on Static/DHCP, unlike PPPoE. The issue can be seen even in the latest version r41212. And there is one more thing, I think dnsmasq doesn't obey the settings in its config file at all.

(Last edited by philip_petev on 17 Jun 2014, 08:26)

@mk13139: may I ask you to make a new build? According to the ticket, the problem should be fixed.

Edit: the problem is really fixed. Just updated the dnsmasq package, included in your current build, to the latest version 2.71-3. No more console flood !

(Last edited by philip_petev on 19 Jun 2014, 12:59)

This worked great for a family member who needed a complete firmware where everything (except the config) would survive a reset to defaults. Thanks!

Great work mk13139, maybe its possible that u can provide a new build, or a copy of the package for your latest build?

I want to try install some kernel modules...

Tnaks in advance.

PS: Did you remove some packages in the latest builds? At the very first release, i had only ~800kB free space, and with the latest build, there are 1.32MB free?

philip_petev wrote:

@mk13139: may I ask you to make a new build? According to the ticket, the problem should be fixed.

Edit: the problem is really fixed. Just updated the dnsmasq package, included in your current build, to the latest version 2.71-3. No more console flood !

benba wrote:

Great work mk13139, maybe its possible that u can provide a new build, or a copy of the package for your latest build?

I want to try install some kernel modules...

Tnaks in advance.

PS: Did you remove some packages in the latest builds? At the very first release, i had only ~800kB free space, and with the latest build, there are 1.32MB free?

Done, new build is up!

@benba
Yes, I believe I've only removed Transmission bittorrent client, since most of the routers I build for don't have enough power to run it. However if you feel you do need Transmission, you can always install the package yourself wink

Hi thanks for the build just installed on my WD N750 all running grate.

mk13139,

Thank you for the good hard work!
If you could make those "command line configuration" (for example OpenVPN) items available in Luci, it would be great.

yardern

yardern wrote:

mk13139,

If you could make those "command line configuration" (for example OpenVPN) items available in Luci, it would be great.

yardern

The LuCI app for OpenVPN is still broken unfortunately..
I am no package developer so there is no way i'm able to fix this, as for FTP and NFS also.

Firstly, thanks for sharing your hard work.

mk13139 wrote:
yardern wrote:

mk13139,

yardern

I am no package developer so there is no way i'm able to fix this, as for FTP and NFS also.

I came across this the other day: http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/ticket/489
Specifically of interest was the file by added by Bjørn Kagelmacher: luci-app-openvpn_1.1.0_all.ipk
What do you think?

Additionally, what do you think about adding an sftp server? http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/sftp.server?s[]=sftp&s[]=server

(Last edited by KY0718 on 10 Jul 2014, 10:45)

KY0718 wrote:

Firstly, thanks for sharing your hard work.

mk13139 wrote:
yardern wrote:

mk13139,

yardern

I came across this the other day: http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/ticket/489
Specifically of interest was the file by added by Bjørn Kagelmacher: luci-app-openvpn_1.1.0_all.ipk
What do you think?

Additionally, what do you think about adding an sftp server? http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/sftp.server?s[]=sftp&s[]=server

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

Is the TP-Link WDR4300 v1.7 supported? I looked through the comments and i could only find info about the WDR4300 v1.6. I'm looking for a OpenWRT version that does support my device since there is no AA version for the WDR4300 1.7.

M.Leerkotte wrote:

Is the TP-Link WDR4300 v1.7 supported? I looked through the comments and i could only find info about the WDR4300 v1.6. I'm looking for a OpenWRT version that does support my device since there is no AA version for the WDR4300 1.7.

Yes, v1.7 of the WDR4300 is supported!

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl- … d.versions

I've flashed it to my router, everything appears to be working well. Except port forwarding, i've made some rules for War Thunder that appear to work but the rule for my Teamspeak 3 server doesn't work. I might just be doing something wrong but i can't figure out what.
Other than that it's all working correctly.

@mk13139: may I ask you to add the relay support (relayd and luci-proto-relay) to all WR841N roms? There is room for this support on that router's flash.

(Last edited by philip_petev on 31 Jul 2014, 12:34)

These builds you have a function listed:

"Reset button for factory defaults"

I wanted to ask a question about this.  Does the router reset to factory defaults with the reset button instead of going into failsafe mode?

If so, I am trying to implement this feature for an OEM router, and if you could point me in the right direction on where you made changes for this it would be very helpful.

Are you using hotplug or procd?  Or is something specific overriding failsafe mode?

Thanks for any pointers,
John

WR841N V8 has a bug. The WAN port is missing in all switch configuration menus. I've already added a ticket, let's hope someone will fix it soon.

JohnV wrote:

These builds you have a function listed:

"Reset button for factory defaults"

I wanted to ask a question about this.  Does the router reset to factory defaults with the reset button instead of going into failsafe mode?

If so, I am trying to implement this feature for an OEM router, and if you could point me in the right direction on where you made changes for this it would be very helpful.

Are you using hotplug or procd?  Or is something specific overriding failsafe mode?

Thanks for any pointers,
John

Yes, the router will reset to factory defaults of OpenWRT when the button is pushed for 5 to 10 seconds. It does not trigger failsafe mode.
You can make a hotplug script indeed, however I used the default factory reset package in the buildroot. You may have to look up how the reset button is named specifically for your router, and change the config file for the factory reset package to match your button name.

@ philip_petev

I'll look into relay support for that router!
When the bug is solved I will make a new build.

Love your builds!  Will you be doing builds of the RCs and final or continue to track trunk?

mbidewel wrote:

Love your builds!  Will you be doing builds of the RCs and final or continue to track trunk?

I'll do both for the moment! wink

@philip_petev
Unfortunately I'm unable to build fw with relay support for the tl-wr842n, the image gets too large!

mk13139 wrote:

@philip_petev
Unfortunately I'm unable to build fw with relay support for the tl-wr842n, the image gets too large!

Strange, I was able to install it on that rom, even the free space after this operation was around 120 KB... Well, if it can't be done, it can't be done. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for everything.
Only those things that are necessary to me;
    1-luci-app-minidlna
    2-luci-app-MultiWan
    3-luci-app-samba
    4-luci-app-transmission
    5-luci-app-hd-idle
    6-luci-app-ddns
    7-ProFTPD
    8-kmod-usb-storage block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-fs-ntfs kmod-fs-vfat

And more space for rootfs. (maybe 15 mb)
I have TPlink wdr3600
I think 128mb ram too much
I'd be very happy if you help me

(Last edited by yus01 on 12 Aug 2014, 22:40)