OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR841N V9.x ?

The content of this topic has been archived between 21 Aug 2014 and 29 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I had a great joy to be able to compile the firmware for v9. But I found two problems:

- For upload new recompiled firmware I need to do by scp and ssh access, by luci it told me that is invalid.

- The wifi power ara too low. I try to modify with uci tool txpower and it don't work. I modify /etc/config/wireless file and don't work too.

Someone has been the same?

root@OpenWrt:~# iwinfo
wlan0     ESSID: "XXXXXXXXXXXX"
          Access Point: C0:4A:00:F9:XX:XX
          Mode: Master  Channel: 11 (2.462 GHz)
          Tx-Power: 19 dBm  Link Quality: unknown/70
          Signal: unknown  Noise: -95 dBm
          Bit Rate: unknown
          Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
          Type: nl80211  HW Mode(s): 802.11bgn
          Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
          TX power offset: unknown
          Frequency offset: unknown
          Supports VAPs: yes  PHY name: phy0

I change Tx-Power from 19 to 1 and externaly throws the same power.

On V8 and lower works fine!

nozombian wrote:

Today I've bought two tp links wr841n v8.4, openwrt works fine.

Please tell me how is the wireless speed ? Stability ? Sorry for spam in this topic

Experimentator wrote:

Please tell me how is the wireless speed ? Stability ? Sorry for spam in this topic

I'm using v8.4 on several places and it works fine. The max speed I have observed over wifi was about ~80mbit (wr1043nd v1 ap and wr841n v8.4 as a client). With my notebook card I achieved about 60mbits when 841n was an ap. There's tp-link v8.x topic, so post there please: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=37010

sergi.trujillo wrote:

I change Tx-Power from 19 to 1 and externaly throws the same power.

It is probably too early yet, but you might want to check out jow's reghack wink Maybe it still works.

(Last edited by nozombian on 15 Apr 2014, 00:17)

nozombian wrote:
sergi.trujillo wrote:

I change Tx-Power from 19 to 1 and externaly throws the same power.

It is probably too early yet, but you might want to check out jow's reghack wink Maybe it still works.

I should wait. I try jow's reghack but don't work. It works the same way.
Thanks

Is it possible that someone uploads the compiled version?

I just started to compile it on my own, but got my first problem while checking the source code out:
"Can't connect to host"

thanks.

If I try to get to the router settings after the update, my browser can not find it.

Is it broken now? ^^

Ok, thx. Everythink works well now except the pptp vpn. I hope that it will work soon.

When can we expect a stable version? (One where we do not have to compile the firmware, and just flash from Web UI)

You don't have to compile anything, you can always use the latest snapshot from downloads.openwrt.org wink Btw. pptpd (server) does not work for me on wr841n V8.4 either sad At least for me, I have followed several tutorials, but nothing works...

edit: according to this post https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=49857 is pptp broken

(Last edited by nozombian on 17 Apr 2014, 23:55)

Nice, i´m absolutely new to this, bought a 841N to flash DD-WRT on it, got a V9, wanted to send that thing back and came across this thread. 2 hours later i´ve got my 841N v9 running the Snapshot. Very straight forward. smile

One thing concerns me, though. The wifi bandwidth is kind of disappointing (i´m on 100 Mbit, which my fritzbox can handle, but the 841N running OpenWRT does not go beyond 15 Mbit downstream. Upstream is fine though. I didn´t check its ethernet bandwidth yet (i´m at wort atm), but could the low bandwidth be caused by the snapshot? Or do you have any tips for configuring wifi right? I´ve tried n+g, b, different channels, autochannel, wmm on or off (with wmm off i only get around 5 Mbit)....

Thanks in advance. smile

(Last edited by synaptic on 20 Apr 2014, 18:30)

Does anybody have a solution for the pptp issue?

nozombian wrote:

You don't have to compile anything, you can always use the latest snapshot from downloads.openwrt.org wink Btw. pptpd (server) does not work for me on wr841n V8.4 either sad At least for me, I have followed several tutorials, but nothing works...

edit: according to this post https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=49857 is pptp broken

I found the factory upgrade firmware @ http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … actory.bin

But I was just wondering how would i revert back to stock if I wanted to (webrevert). Would I just get the stock firmware for tp-link or do i have to do something different?

radikalz wrote:

But I was just wondering how would i revert back to stock if I wanted to (webrevert). Would I just get the stock firmware for tp-link or do i have to do something different?

You have to flash modified factory firmware (you have to cut uboot). I have prepared revert file, which you can flash from openwrt:
http://www.fastshare.org/download/wr841 … revert.bin
md5: a8988d8992fb8aadad4f6d74d1deb8d6 *wr841nv9_en_3_14_4_up_noboot(131129)-revert.bin

Use at your own risk and check md5 before flashing, I cannot test it, because I don't have V9 yet. If you will brick your device, I take no responsibility, post a result, if you will dare to try it wink You can test'n'brick yourself by following this tutorial: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl- … l.firmware smile

(Last edited by nozombian on 22 Apr 2014, 09:46)

I've also a WR841N V9.0 and I managed to install OpenWRT on it.

OpenWRT works fine but :
  - I can't install Luci because the package is broken.
  - As sergi.trujillo said, I've a very low wireless.
I want to use my routeur as a IPv6 wireless bridge so I can't use the original firmware.
I can't use WDS because the main network isn't compatible.

I've the 40512 revision (https://dev.openwrt.org/log/trunk/).
When we'll be able to have a better wireless range ?

I also notice that sometimes the routeur "freeze" when I'm on SSH.

--
Erdnaxe

Tried OpenWRT on my WR841N V9, here are the issues I've faced so far :
- I can't disable VLANs on switch ports, as a consequence I can't make it run as a simple L2 switch. Tried to disable VLANs through Web Interface, through /etc/config/network, without luck.
- I'm unable to setup Wireless Client Bridge mode, I can connect as a client to the primary SSID but as soon as I set my second SSID I lose all connections. If I disable the Client Connection, I then get my Master SSID running, but obviously no connection with my primary AP :-/

Bgirka13 wrote:

- I can't disable VLANs on switch ports, as a consequence I can't make it run as a simple L2 switch.

i do not understand, what is not working in the switch with default config?


about client bridge, basically you can't without wds..

use either relayd, or client routed (simplest option).

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/clien … ode.issues

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 26 Apr 2014, 18:11)

Actually, my ISP's IPTV set top box is communicating with my ISP's home router on VLAN100.
This STB is connected to the router through Power-line adapters.
What I wanted to do is to plug the Power Line Ethernet port to one of a WR841N switch port and then connect the STB and other equipments to the WR841N.
In this configuration and without making any specific configuration, I get LAN + Internet access on WR841N switch ports but no IPTV.
I must declare VLAN100 and tag corresponding ports (Power Line + IPTV STB) to get IPTV, but then I lose LAN + Internet access.
Tried many different VLAN settings, but nothing helped, I can't manage to get IPTV + Internet access work together, as I was able to do with a 10 years old switch.
I also can't set up a static route on my ISP Router sad

(Last edited by Bgirka13 on 26 Apr 2014, 18:52)

Hye, I have flashed my fresh TL-WR841N v9.0 with Barrier Braker r40652 and the router works perfectly for the moment.

But it only has 32MB RAM !

This is the result of cat /proc/meminfo :

root@OpenWrt:/# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:          28868 kB
MemFree:           11516 kB
Buffers:            1592 kB
Cached:             4952 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:             4164 kB
Inactive:           3584 kB
Active(anon):       1232 kB
Inactive(anon):       20 kB
Active(file):       2932 kB
Inactive(file):     3564 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:             0 kB
SwapFree:              0 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:          1224 kB
Mapped:             1048 kB
Shmem:                48 kB
Slab:               5880 kB
SReclaimable:        984 kB
SUnreclaim:         4896 kB
KernelStack:         240 kB
PageTables:          188 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:       14432 kB
Committed_AS:       3292 kB
VmallocTotal:    1048372 kB
VmallocUsed:         900 kB
VmallocChunk:    1043276 kB

and the dmesg ouput :
[    0.000000] Linux version 3.10.36 (openwrt@gb-11) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.01 r40652) ) #1 Fri May 2 11:46:03 UTC 2014
[    0.000000] MyLoader: sysp=a2a2aaaa, boardp=aa2a3baa, parts=a2aaaaab
[    0.000000] bootconsole [early0] enabled
[    0.000000] CPU revision is: 00019374 (MIPS 24Kc)
[    0.000000] SoC: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 rev 1
[    0.000000] Clocks: CPU:550.000MHz, DDR:394.946MHz, AHB:197.473MHz, Ref:25.000MHz
[    0.000000] Determined physical RAM map:
[    0.000000]  memory: 02000000 @ 00000000 (usable)
[    0.000000] Initrd not found or empty - disabling initrd
[    0.000000] Zone ranges:
[    0.000000]   Normal   [mem 0x00000000-0x01ffffff]
[    0.000000] Movable zone start for each node
[    0.000000] Early memory node ranges
[    0.000000]   node   0: [mem 0x00000000-0x01ffffff]
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 8192
[    0.000000] free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat 80332b60, node_mem_map 81000000
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 64 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 8192 pages, LIFO batch:0
[    0.000000] Primary instruction cache 64kB, VIPT, 4-way, linesize 32 bytes.
[    0.000000] Primary data cache 32kB, 4-way, VIPT, cache aliases, linesize 32 bytes
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 8128
[    0.000000] Kernel command line:  board=TL-WR841N-v9 console=ttyS0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 128 (order: -3, 512 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Writing ErrCtl register=00000000
[    0.000000] Readback ErrCtl register=00000000
[    0.000000] Memory: 28588k/32768k available (2363k kernel code, 4180k reserved, 618k data, 280k init, 0k highmem)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:51
[    0.050000] Calibrating delay loop... 366.18 BogoMIPS (lpj=1830912)
[    0.060000] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.060000] Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
[    0.070000] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.070000] MIPS: machine is TP-LINK TL-WR841N/ND v9
[    0.490000] bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
[    0.490000] Switching to clocksource MIPS
[    0.500000] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.500000] TCP established hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.510000] TCP bind hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
[    0.520000] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 512 bind 512)
[    0.520000] TCP: reno registered
[    0.520000] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.530000] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.540000] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.540000] PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 32
[    0.560000] squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
[    0.560000] jffs2: version 2.2 (NAND) (SUMMARY) (LZMA) (RTIME) (CMODE_PRIORITY) (c) 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
[    0.570000] msgmni has been set to 55
[    0.580000] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.580000] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.590000] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 16 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
[    0.620000] serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x18020000 (irq = 11) is a 16550A
[    0.630000] console [ttyS0] enabled, bootconsole disabled
[    0.640000] ath79-spi ath79-spi: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.650000] m25p80 spi0.0: found s25sl032p, expected m25p80
[    0.650000] m25p80 spi0.0: s25sl032p (4096 Kbytes)
[    0.660000] 5 tp-link partitions found on MTD device spi0.0
[    0.660000] Creating 5 MTD partitions on "spi0.0":
[    0.670000] 0x000000000000-0x000000020000 : "u-boot"
[    0.680000] 0x000000020000-0x00000012a324 : "kernel"
[    0.680000] mtd: partition "kernel" must either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase block -- forcing read-only
[    0.700000] 0x00000012a324-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
[    0.700000] mtd: partition "rootfs" must either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase block -- forcing read-only
[    0.720000] mtd: device 2 (rootfs) set to be root filesystem
[    0.720000] 1 squashfs-split partitions found on MTD device rootfs
[    0.730000] 0x000000390000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
[    0.740000] 0x0000003f0000-0x000000400000 : "art"
[    0.740000] 0x000000020000-0x0000003f0000 : "firmware"
[    0.770000] libphy: ag71xx_mdio: probed
[    1.330000] ag71xx-mdio.1: Found an AR934X built-in switch
[    2.360000] eth0: Atheros AG71xx at 0xba000000, irq 5, mode:GMII
[    2.920000] ag71xx ag71xx.0: connected to PHY at ag71xx-mdio.1:04 [uid=004dd042, driver=Generic PHY]
[    2.930000] eth1: Atheros AG71xx at 0xb9000000, irq 4, mode:MII
[    2.940000] TCP: cubic registered
[    2.940000] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    2.940000] Bridge firewalling registered
[    2.950000] 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
[    2.960000] VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly on device 31:2.
[    2.970000] Freeing unused kernel memory: 280K (8034a000 - 80390000)
[    7.470000] eth0: link up (1000Mbps/Full duplex)
[   10.180000] jffs2: notice: (315) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 1 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 14 of xref (0 dead, 2 orphan) found.
[   10.210000] eth0: link down
[   11.810000] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[   11.820000] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[   11.820000] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[   11.850000] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (451 buckets, 1804 max)
[   11.860000] ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   11.900000] u32 classifier
[   11.910000]     input device check on
[   11.910000]     Actions configured
[   11.930000] Mirror/redirect action on
[   11.950000] Loading modules backported from Linux version master-2014-03-31-1-0-g5c109d2
[   11.960000] Backport generated by backports.git backports-20140221-0-g8e94650
[   11.980000] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   12.110000] xt_time: kernel timezone is -0000
[   12.150000] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[   12.150000] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[   12.160000] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: unset
[   12.160000] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   12.170000] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.180000] cfg80211:   (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.190000] cfg80211:   (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.200000] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.210000] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.220000] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 63720000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 0 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.340000] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x0
[   12.340000] ath: EEPROM indicates default country code should be used
[   12.340000] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search
[   12.340000] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a
[   12.340000] ath: Country alpha2 being used: US
[   12.340000] ath: Regpair used: 0x3a
[   12.350000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   12.370000] cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: US
[   12.380000] ieee80211 phy0: Atheros AR9531 Rev:0 mem=0xb8100000, irq=2
[   12.390000] cfg80211: Regulatory domain changed to country: US
[   12.400000] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: FCC
[   12.400000] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   12.410000] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.420000] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 1700 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.430000] cfg80211:   (5250000 KHz - 5330000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm), (0 s)
[   12.440000] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.440000] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 63720000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 4000 mBm), (N/A)
[   21.570000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   21.570000] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[   21.600000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): br-lan: link is not ready
[   21.610000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
[   22.170000] eth0: link up (1000Mbps/Full duplex)
[   22.170000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   22.180000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   22.180000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[   22.200000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[   24.180000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state

I have bougth it at am***on in France.  Tell me if i can do something to verify this.

Where I can download Barrier Braker r40652?
Tx


fred3398 wrote:

Hye, I have flashed my fresh TL-WR841N v9.0 with Barrier Braker r40652 and the router works perfectly for the moment.

But it only has 32MB RAM !

This is the result of cat /proc/meminfo :

root@OpenWrt:/# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:          28868 kB
MemFree:           11516 kB
Buffers:            1592 kB
Cached:             4952 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:             4164 kB
Inactive:           3584 kB
Active(anon):       1232 kB
Inactive(anon):       20 kB
Active(file):       2932 kB
Inactive(file):     3564 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:             0 kB
SwapFree:              0 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:          1224 kB
Mapped:             1048 kB
Shmem:                48 kB
Slab:               5880 kB
SReclaimable:        984 kB
SUnreclaim:         4896 kB
KernelStack:         240 kB
PageTables:          188 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:       14432 kB
Committed_AS:       3292 kB
VmallocTotal:    1048372 kB
VmallocUsed:         900 kB
VmallocChunk:    1043276 kB

and the dmesg ouput :
[    0.000000] Linux version 3.10.36 (openwrt@gb-11) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.01 r40652) ) #1 Fri May 2 11:46:03 UTC 2014
[    0.000000] MyLoader: sysp=a2a2aaaa, boardp=aa2a3baa, parts=a2aaaaab
[    0.000000] bootconsole [early0] enabled
[    0.000000] CPU revision is: 00019374 (MIPS 24Kc)
[    0.000000] SoC: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 rev 1
[    0.000000] Clocks: CPU:550.000MHz, DDR:394.946MHz, AHB:197.473MHz, Ref:25.000MHz
[    0.000000] Determined physical RAM map:
[    0.000000]  memory: 02000000 @ 00000000 (usable)
[    0.000000] Initrd not found or empty - disabling initrd
[    0.000000] Zone ranges:
[    0.000000]   Normal   [mem 0x00000000-0x01ffffff]
[    0.000000] Movable zone start for each node
[    0.000000] Early memory node ranges
[    0.000000]   node   0: [mem 0x00000000-0x01ffffff]
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 8192
[    0.000000] free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat 80332b60, node_mem_map 81000000
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 64 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 8192 pages, LIFO batch:0
[    0.000000] Primary instruction cache 64kB, VIPT, 4-way, linesize 32 bytes.
[    0.000000] Primary data cache 32kB, 4-way, VIPT, cache aliases, linesize 32 bytes
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 8128
[    0.000000] Kernel command line:  board=TL-WR841N-v9 console=ttyS0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 128 (order: -3, 512 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Writing ErrCtl register=00000000
[    0.000000] Readback ErrCtl register=00000000
[    0.000000] Memory: 28588k/32768k available (2363k kernel code, 4180k reserved, 618k data, 280k init, 0k highmem)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:51
[    0.050000] Calibrating delay loop... 366.18 BogoMIPS (lpj=1830912)
[    0.060000] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.060000] Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
[    0.070000] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.070000] MIPS: machine is TP-LINK TL-WR841N/ND v9
[    0.490000] bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
[    0.490000] Switching to clocksource MIPS
[    0.500000] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.500000] TCP established hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.510000] TCP bind hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
[    0.520000] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 512 bind 512)
[    0.520000] TCP: reno registered
[    0.520000] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.530000] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.540000] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.540000] PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 32
[    0.560000] squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
[    0.560000] jffs2: version 2.2 (NAND) (SUMMARY) (LZMA) (RTIME) (CMODE_PRIORITY) (c) 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
[    0.570000] msgmni has been set to 55
[    0.580000] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.580000] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.590000] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 16 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
[    0.620000] serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x18020000 (irq = 11) is a 16550A
[    0.630000] console [ttyS0] enabled, bootconsole disabled
[    0.640000] ath79-spi ath79-spi: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.650000] m25p80 spi0.0: found s25sl032p, expected m25p80
[    0.650000] m25p80 spi0.0: s25sl032p (4096 Kbytes)
[    0.660000] 5 tp-link partitions found on MTD device spi0.0
[    0.660000] Creating 5 MTD partitions on "spi0.0":
[    0.670000] 0x000000000000-0x000000020000 : "u-boot"
[    0.680000] 0x000000020000-0x00000012a324 : "kernel"
[    0.680000] mtd: partition "kernel" must either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase block -- forcing read-only
[    0.700000] 0x00000012a324-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs"
[    0.700000] mtd: partition "rootfs" must either start or end on erase block boundary or be smaller than an erase block -- forcing read-only
[    0.720000] mtd: device 2 (rootfs) set to be root filesystem
[    0.720000] 1 squashfs-split partitions found on MTD device rootfs
[    0.730000] 0x000000390000-0x0000003f0000 : "rootfs_data"
[    0.740000] 0x0000003f0000-0x000000400000 : "art"
[    0.740000] 0x000000020000-0x0000003f0000 : "firmware"
[    0.770000] libphy: ag71xx_mdio: probed
[    1.330000] ag71xx-mdio.1: Found an AR934X built-in switch
[    2.360000] eth0: Atheros AG71xx at 0xba000000, irq 5, mode:GMII
[    2.920000] ag71xx ag71xx.0: connected to PHY at ag71xx-mdio.1:04 [uid=004dd042, driver=Generic PHY]
[    2.930000] eth1: Atheros AG71xx at 0xb9000000, irq 4, mode:MII
[    2.940000] TCP: cubic registered
[    2.940000] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    2.940000] Bridge firewalling registered
[    2.950000] 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
[    2.960000] VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly on device 31:2.
[    2.970000] Freeing unused kernel memory: 280K (8034a000 - 80390000)
[    7.470000] eth0: link up (1000Mbps/Full duplex)
[   10.180000] jffs2: notice: (315) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 1 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 14 of xref (0 dead, 2 orphan) found.
[   10.210000] eth0: link down
[   11.810000] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[   11.820000] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[   11.820000] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[   11.850000] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (451 buckets, 1804 max)
[   11.860000] ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   11.900000] u32 classifier
[   11.910000]     input device check on
[   11.910000]     Actions configured
[   11.930000] Mirror/redirect action on
[   11.950000] Loading modules backported from Linux version master-2014-03-31-1-0-g5c109d2
[   11.960000] Backport generated by backports.git backports-20140221-0-g8e94650
[   11.980000] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   12.110000] xt_time: kernel timezone is -0000
[   12.150000] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[   12.150000] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[   12.160000] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: unset
[   12.160000] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   12.170000] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.180000] cfg80211:   (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.190000] cfg80211:   (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.200000] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.210000] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.220000] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 63720000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 0 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.340000] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x0
[   12.340000] ath: EEPROM indicates default country code should be used
[   12.340000] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search
[   12.340000] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a
[   12.340000] ath: Country alpha2 being used: US
[   12.340000] ath: Regpair used: 0x3a
[   12.350000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   12.370000] cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: US
[   12.380000] ieee80211 phy0: Atheros AR9531 Rev:0 mem=0xb8100000, irq=2
[   12.390000] cfg80211: Regulatory domain changed to country: US
[   12.400000] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: FCC
[   12.400000] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   12.410000] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.420000] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 1700 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.430000] cfg80211:   (5250000 KHz - 5330000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm), (0 s)
[   12.440000] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm), (N/A)
[   12.440000] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 63720000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 4000 mBm), (N/A)
[   21.570000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   21.570000] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[   21.600000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): br-lan: link is not ready
[   21.610000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
[   22.170000] eth0: link up (1000Mbps/Full duplex)
[   22.170000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   22.180000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   22.180000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[   22.200000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[   24.180000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state

I have bougth it at am***on in France.  Tell me if i can do something to verify this.

Could some posts some pictures of the v9 PCB, please ?
Is there a PDF datasheet of the Soc in the wild ?

Regards

bertc3p0

nebbia88 wrote:
erdnaxe78 wrote:

  - As sergi.trujillo said, I've a very low wireless.

fixed in lastest trunk?

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/15581

Wireless works fine now. I am using r40730.

Great work! Thanks !

Sorry, posts 51 to 50 are missing from our archive.