OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Binary Wireless Driver added to working Directory. It's a ipk file. If I was an embedded dev I would tear it apart.

Sorry I'm not understanding. Is this a new driver or is it still just the last (buggy) one that Belkin released maybe a month or 2 ago now?

justniz wrote:

Sorry I'm not understanding. Is this a new driver or is it still just the last (buggy) one that Belkin released maybe a month or 2 ago now?

https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource … _mvebu.ipk is a new upload as of 3 days ago. I cannot verify how it is in relation to the old *.ko driver, but it is new in the tree

mercsniper wrote:

https://github.com/wrt1900ac/opensource … _mvebu.ipk is a new upload as of 3 days ago. I cannot verify how it is in relation to the old *.ko driver, but it is new in the tree

Do you happen to know if it works with the current kernel (3.14)?  Last I tried I couldn't build the current trunk because the driver expects a 3.10 kernel.
Is there an easy way to build the latest trunk with a 3.10 kernel?

Hi All,

We received the official open source wireless driver this week.  We will be working to get it integrated into the trunk in the coming days.   The ipk package was created and posted for those who wish to use it, but we are still very committed releasing a version that can be recompiled by users.  For those users with reservations about using a pre-compiled component, I would recommend waiting just a bit longer for the open source version. Once we have done some spot checks on the driver, I will see if I can get approval to post it as well ( no promises ).

\o/

greymattr wrote:

Hi All,

We received the official open source wireless driver this week.  We will be working to get it integrated into the trunk in the coming days.   The ipk package was created and posted for those who wish to use it, but we are still very committed releasing a version that can be recompiled by users.  For those users with reservations about using a pre-compiled component, I would recommend waiting just a bit longer for the open source version. Once we have done some spot checks on the driver, I will see if I can get approval to post it as well ( no promises ).

What's the catch here? Do no trust, at all... Better be the full McCoy!
Good efforts, so long as there's no caveats in what's being claimed.

(Last edited by jalyst on 19 Jul 2014, 04:55)

greymattr wrote:

We received the official open source wireless driver this week.

yay this is great news! i am looking forward very much to a stable build. thanks to everyone who have been able to help out and those that will do so!

greymattr wrote:

Hi All,

Yes... yes... I understand some of these words tongue

greymattr wrote:

Hi All,

Awesome News!!! I can't wait for the Openwrt img and the source code!!! Coming from a custom firmware, the Linksys firmware is meh at best. Well I await the official release of openwrt firmware,

Wow. Am I right, that we'll see a ready-to-use openwrt firmware file in the near future?!
And the problems with wireless networking (random disconnects) will be gone with this driver?!

Can't wait for this one!!! Big thanks to all of you!!!

greymattr wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you for this information but who are you ?

greymattr is Matthew Fatheree. He is a developer at belkin.

He is one of the good guys... who is stuck between marketing and legal. (Sometimes call a rock and a hard place.)

greymattr wrote:

Hi All,

Good news, thanks for the effort. I know how hard it can be to get these approvals. I look forward to release.

dfarning wrote:

He is one of the good guys... who is stuck between marketing and legal. (Sometimes call a rock and a hard place.)

Good. Seems that the marketing announcements are getting real ! So I don't regret my order.

Regards,

P.S. I was a bit suspicious because greymattr was just registered.

bdherouville wrote:
dfarning wrote:

Good. Seems that the marketing announcements are getting real ! So I don't regret my order.

Regards,

P.S. I was a bit suspicious because greymattr was just registered.

FYI
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=906168&highlight=#906168

Nothing changed... yet

IMHO

(Last edited by gufus on 20 Jul 2014, 20:32)

greymattr wrote:

The ipk package was created and posted for those who wish to use it

Had a look...

It's driver:  ap8x.ko

Volume in drive C is S3A8973D005
Volume Serial Number is 9A95-0A16

Directory of C:\lib\modules\3.10.32

07/20/14  01:55 PM    <DIR>          .
07/20/14  01:55 PM    <DIR>          ..
06/04/14  03:24 PM           710,344 ap8x.ko
               1 File(s)        710,344 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  347,194,490,880 bytes free

gufus wrote:
greymattr wrote:

The ipk package was created and posted for those who wish to use it

Had a look...

It's driver:  ap8x.ko

Volume in drive C is S3A8973D005
Volume Serial Number is 9A95-0A16

Directory of C:\lib\modules\3.10.32

07/20/14  01:55 PM    <DIR>          .
07/20/14  01:55 PM    <DIR>          ..
06/04/14  03:24 PM           710,344 ap8x.ko
               1 File(s)        710,344 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  347,194,490,880 bytes free

Yeah, saw this too, was gonna fire off a build and test it out, but im not even going to bother since its too old for trunk, waiting for source.

I'm still using AA 12.09.1 r38260

So this driver isn't progress at all?!

grau wrote:

Greymattr have just received the opensource driver and is workin to add it to the openwrt trunk.

greymattr wrote:

We received the official open source wireless driver this week.  We will be working to get it integrated into the trunk in the coming days.

Be patient.

bdherouville wrote:
grau wrote:

Greymattr have just received the opensource driver and is workin to add it to the openwrt trunk.

greymattr wrote:

We received the official open source wireless driver this week.  We will be working to get it integrated into the trunk in the coming days.

Be patient.

No!  wah wantit wantit wantit wantit gimmenow give give give now I WANT IT!!!!

smile

PS. Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

(Last edited by justniz on 23 Jul 2014, 03:37)

justniz wrote:

PS. Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

I hope that greymattr will read this lines and will see how we are impatients to gat our precious firmware.

Gief. Nao.