OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Anyone know if it's possible to get bandwidthd (the bandwidth logger/monitor) installed on this? I tried different commands but I kept getting errors

This is the error I get when trying to update the packages

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … ckages.gz.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … ckages.gz, wget returned 1.

Specifically, the '12.09.1' and 'armadaxp' folders aren't found, I'm assuming it's because they don't have official support or whatever yet so they didn't make the folder. I don't really know how to change where it gets the packages from, and if that would even work or break the firmware because it would be incompatible. Anyways, I'd really appreciate some help if it's possible smile

(Last edited by a1978641 on 1 Sep 2014, 19:50)

Hi everybody. Is there a firmware McWRT support "IGMP proxy"?

Chadster766 wrote:
gufus wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

gufus it would be great if you added that Ad Blocking post to the McWRT Wiki.

'k

I added this to the wiki smile

No prob...

Thx!

I flashed Chadster766's firmware, and I'm so sorry to say that I made a mistake. I deleted Lan and Wan in the Interface config page in Luci. Now I can't connect my wrt1900ac. It's there any way to fix it up? If any one can tell me the default wifi password that I can try.
Thank you!

(Last edited by marstears on 1 Sep 2014, 20:19)

marstears wrote:

I'm so sorry to say that I made a mistake. I deleted Lan and Wan in the Interface config page in Luci. Now I can't connect my wrt1900ac. It's there any way to fix it up? If any one can tell me the default wifi password that I can try.
Thank you!

Press and hold the reset button on the back until the power led flashes then release. This should reset the WRT1900AC to defaults.

To see the current wifi password use the refresh icon next to the password textbox to see it in text format.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 1 Sep 2014, 20:22)

a1978641 wrote:

Anyone know if it's possible to get bandwidthd (the bandwidth logger/monitor) installed on this? I tried different commands but I kept getting errors

This is the error I get when trying to update the packages

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … ckages.gz.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a … ckages.gz, wget returned 1.

Specifically, the '12.09.1' and 'armadaxp' folders aren't found, I'm assuming it's because they don't have official support or whatever yet so they didn't make the folder. I don't really know how to change where it gets the packages from, and if that would even work or break the firmware because it would be incompatible. Anyways, I'd really appreciate some help if it's possible smile

There are NO packages for this ver, do MOT try to install any, it will BRICK!

@a1978641

There is no "12.09.1" directory in http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment. That's one. Secondly, bear in mind what gufus said: do NOT install any packages as yet, you'll end up with a (VERY expensive) door stop.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 1 Sep 2014, 20:39)

Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

I'm so sorry to say that I made a mistake. I deleted Lan and Wan in the Interface config page in Luci. Now I can't connect my wrt1900ac. It's there any way to fix it up? If any one can tell me the default wifi password that I can try.
Thank you!

Press and hold the reset button on the back until the power led flashes then release. This should reset the WRT1900AC to defaults.

To see the current wifi password use the refresh icon next to the password textbox to see it in text format.

I'm sorry, it's not work. It looks like a reboot, not a reset. When I connected my computer with the Lan port, it still can not get an ip address. What should I do? Could you help me for this? Thank you!
BTW, what is the default wifi password for MAMBA_2G4? I want to try If I can connect with wifi.

(Last edited by marstears on 1 Sep 2014, 20:50)

nitroshift wrote:

@a1978641

There is no "12.09.1" directory in http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment. That's one. Secondly, bear in mind what gufus said: do NOT install any packages as yet, you'll end up with a (VERY expensive) door stop.

nitroshift

I understand that the OpenWRT packages directory for "12.09.1" is still available but moved.

Also I agree with nitroshift that OpenWRT packages should not be install unless supported in McWRT.

Developers can experiment with packages because they typically have the USB to TTL cable to access the boot loader and fix a bricked router.

marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

Thank you!

I'm sorry, it's not work. It looks like a reboot, not a reset. When I connected my computer with the Lan port, it still can not get an ip address. What should I do? Could you help me for this? Thank you!
BTW, what is the default wifi password for MAMBA_2G4? I want to try If I can connect with wifi.

The reset button sets the WRT1900AC to defaults settings. As the LuCI warning mentions deleting the LAN interface can't be reversed.

That being said you mention wireless is still active. The default wireless password is "belkin123". If you can access that and the UI then reflash the firmware.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 1 Sep 2014, 20:58)

edgeman wrote:

All;....
I've found a way to manually switch the wrt1900ac from a trashed flash, to the secondary flash... It's done as follows:

1. Reset the router by holding the reset button in until the PWR light starts to flash {mine takes about 15 sec's}
2. Once the power light stops flashing, you can power off the router with the power switch.

3. Turn the power back on and the PWR light will light. As soon as any other light turns on, power off the router with the power switch.
4. Turn the power back on and the PWR light will light. As soon as any other light turns on, power off the router with the power switch.
5. Turn the power back on and the PWR light will light. As soon as any other light turns on, power off the router with the power switch.

6. Turn the power back on and the PWR light will light. This time just let the router power all the way up. It should now be on the alternate firmware.

Yes, you will power off three times.
Hope this works for you-all...

~Tim~

@edgeman,

I added this to the McWRT Wiki for quick reference.

Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

The reset button sets the WRT1900AC to defaults settings. As the LuCI warning mentions deleting the LAN interface can't be reversed.

That being said you mention wireless is still active. The default wireless password is "belkin123". If you can access that and the UI then reflash the firmware.

Thank you very much, that I can connet it with wifi. But I have a new question that how can I use pppoe connection? I changed wan configs to pppoe with username and password. But it's not working. The WAN port eth1 up and down again and again in system logs.  Thank you.

marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

Thank you very much, that I can connet it with wifi. But I have a new question that how can I use pppoe connection? I changed wan configs to pppoe with username and password. But it's not working. The WAN port eth1 up and down again and again in system logs.  Thank you.

You should just have go into:

Network => Interfaces => WAN

Set Protocol to PPPOE, Switch Protocol, enter username and password for the PPPoe connection.

I haven't tested this myself but another user confirmed that it works.

When you reflashed the firmware "Keep Settings" should have been unchecked so you start with default settings.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 1 Sep 2014, 21:44)

running into an issue where the wifi is 100% working but the status isn't being read in Luci:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Justin.Schuhmann/images/wrt1900ac.png

running Chadster/McWRT 1.0.1

(Last edited by jmschu02 on 2 Sep 2014, 03:21)

jmschu02 wrote:

running into an issue where the wifi is 100% working but the status isn't being read in Luci:

Thanks smile

Its already listed in McWRT Issues.
Wireless Status Issue #11

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 2 Sep 2014, 03:38)

Chadster766 wrote:
jmschu02 wrote:

Thanks smile

Its already listed in McWRT Issues.
Wireless Status Issue #11

You are absolutely right, I use GitHub just didn't look hard enough

same here, everything seems to be running great except the wifi status is not displayed. great work chadster!

o btw, what is the link for the MCwrt wiki?

(Last edited by jdthomas4181 on 2 Sep 2014, 04:30)

jdthomas4181 wrote:

same here, everything seems to be running great except the wifi status is not displayed. great work chadster!

o btw, what is the link for the MCwrt wiki?

https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki

Thanks for the advice, I just flashed the image from https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/releases
Configured the "WAN" interface (what's WAN6 for?) with my PPPoE details and everything seemed fine.
However, I have a gigabit connection and so far the WAN interface seems to connect only at 100mbps, reflected by Speedtest where I used to get 900mbps+ and now I only get 95mbps.
How do I make the WAN interface connect at 1000?

I too have a PPPoe connection and deleted WAN6 altogether without issues.

nitroshift

terente0081 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I just flashed the image from https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/releases
Configured the "WAN" interface (what's WAN6 for?) with my PPPoE details and everything seemed fine.
However, I have a gigabit connection and so far the WAN interface seems to connect only at 100mbps, reflected by Speedtest where I used to get 900mbps+ and now I only get 95mbps.

Login to the router via SSH using either Linux SSH or Putty with username root and your router's password.

Try the below commands:

ifconfig eth1 txqueuelen 1000
ifconfig eth0 txqueuelen 1000

Chadster766 wrote:
terente0081 wrote:

Login to the router via SSH using either Linux SSH or Putty with username root and your router's password.

Try the below commands:

Thanks for the answer! Should I reboot or it should work straight away?

LE: It works right away.. if the rooter is rebooted I suppose the same procedure should be followed, right? Any way I could make it autorun at startup?

LLE: Official firmware is still a lot faster in broadband. Speedtest shows 900+ on official, "capped" at 500mbps on openwrt.

(Last edited by terente0081 on 2 Sep 2014, 15:48)

terente0081 wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
terente0081 wrote:

Try the below commands:

Thanks for the answer! Should I reboot or it should work straight away?

LE: It works right away.. if the rooter is rebooted I suppose the same procedure should be followed, right? Any way I could make it autorun at startup?

Yes there are a few startup scripts in /etc/init.d that the commands can be added to in the Start() function.

Please create a new issue for this so you will be notified when the fix is in a release and we can continue the discussion there.
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/issues

Chadster766 wrote:

Yes there are a few startup scripts in /etc/init.d that the commands can be added to in the Start() function.

Please create a new issue for this so you will be notified when the fix is in a release and we can continue the discussion there.
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/issues

Done. I also posted the comment that it's capped at 500 with the commands- maybe it's running half-duplex?

(Last edited by terente0081 on 2 Sep 2014, 15:51)

@Chadster766 Can you add the compile commands to the wiki?

1. The packages required
2. The command being run to compile the source?

I'm building a .Travis.yml, so this project will get CI, might make some CD too so that releases are "bleeding-edge"

Sorry, posts 826 to 825 are missing from our archive.