OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

dpdurst wrote:

1 dollar question, Is there a way to great a guest access by creating new guest wireless AP or does that need to be done when building the software? I messed around last night trying to do this (by adding another AP) but got to the point that I screwed it up and had to reload the backup I did to get it back working.

It might be easier to configure that via command line than the UI.

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but how do I change what DNS servers I'm using? I want to use Google DNS so I put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in DNS forwardings, but I still get my ISP's 404 pages when I go to domains that don't exist. I tried ipconfig/flushdns and restarting the router. Here's my settings here

Under my ethernet adapter on /ipconfig all, it says my DNS servers are fd3b:964b:4b8f::1 and 192.168.200.1

(Last edited by a1978641 on 4 Sep 2014, 14:14)

a1978641 wrote:

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but how do I change what DNS servers I'm using? I want to use Google DNS so I put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in DNS forwardings, but I still get my ISP's 404 pages when I go to domains that don't exist. I tried ipconfig/flushdns and restarting the router. Here's my settings here

Under my ethernet adapter on /ipconfig all, it says my DNS servers are fd3b:964b:4b8f::1 and 192.168.200.1

It's not a stupid question at all smile This isn't as straight forward as you would think.

When I changed "DHCP-Options" in Advanced LAN settings it stopped the DHCP server from working. I had to set a static IP on my LAN adapter to get back in to reverse it.

blunden wrote:
terente0081 wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

Yes there are a few startup scripts in /etc/init.d that the commands can be added to in the Start() function.

Please create a new issue for this so you will be notified when the fix is in a release and we can continue the discussion there.
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/issues

Done. I also posted the comment that it's capped at 500 with the commands- maybe it's running half-duplex?

It's much more likely that 900 Mbit/s is only possible using HW NAT which OpenWrt doesn't currently support. Instead, OpenWrt performs routing entirely in software.

That. Thank you sir, this must be it. Do we have any word yet, will hardware NAT ever be supported in OpenWRT?

Chadster766 wrote:
dpdurst wrote:

1 dollar question, Is there a way to great a guest access by creating new guest wireless AP or does that need to be done when building the software? I messed around last night trying to do this (by adding another AP) but got to the point that I screwed it up and had to reload the backup I did to get it back working.

It might be easier to configure that via command line than the UI.

Thanks for the update, is there someplace that has information on doing that?

Thanks guys, I think I just found the same document I'm going to read it over good tonight and see how much I can destroy things.. thank god for backups!

terente0081 wrote:
blunden wrote:
terente0081 wrote:

Done. I also posted the comment that it's capped at 500 with the commands- maybe it's running half-duplex?

It's much more likely that 900 Mbit/s is only possible using HW NAT which OpenWrt doesn't currently support. Instead, OpenWrt performs routing entirely in software.

That. Thank you sir, this must be it. Do we have any word yet, will hardware NAT ever be supported in OpenWRT?

I'm not sure "HW NAT" is the issue. If the stock firmware can do it I would think so could OpenWRT.

Sorry one more question and then I'm done.. lol I'm not new to Linux as I work with it at work on our platforms, but if I'm not mistaken I can do this through SSH right?

dpdurst wrote:

Sorry one more question and then I'm done.. lol I'm not new to Linux as I work with it at work on our platforms, but if I'm not mistaken I can do this through SSH right?

Yes but you need to change the password on the router if you already haven't done that.
Username: root
Password: your-new-password

Chadster766 wrote:
dpdurst wrote:

Yes but you need to change the password on the router if you already haven't done that.
Username: root
Password: your-new-password

Yep already did that first thing. Thanks again..

Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

Hi everybody!
I tried to compile Chadster766's codecs but there are some issues.
After running update.sh I started making it. And there was an error when compiling cyrus-sasl-2.1.23 package as follow:

Making all in sasldb
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/sasldb'
/bin/bash ../libtool   --mode=compile arm-openwrt-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include   -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_v7-a_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_v7-a_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/include  -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include  -Wall -W -Os -pipe -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3 -mfloat-abi=soft -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -fpic  -MT allockey.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/allockey.Tpo -c -o allockey.lo allockey.c
../libtool: line 385: CDPATH: command not found
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from an older release.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[6]: *** [allockey.lo] Error 63
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/sasldb'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23'
make[3]: *** [/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/feeds/packages/libs/cyrus-sasl'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/cyrus-sasl/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment'
make[1]: *** [/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment'
make: *** [world] Error 2

I tried every method on internet and have no help. Is there anybody have the same problem? Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Yes I had the same problem smile

You must have the first commit. Use the below command to bring your master branch up to date.

git checkout master
git pull

If you created a branch in your git repo then do the below command to see the branches.

git branch

Then do the below commands to update you development branches with the updates in master.

git checkout my-dev-branch
git merge master

Thank you Chadster766. I use your method, and the error still there.
Firstly, I git clone from your git site. And run the update.sh.
Then:

git checkout master
git pull
make V=s

I'm very sad for this situation. Please help me.

Chadster766 wrote:
a1978641 wrote:

It's not a stupid question at all smile This isn't as straight forward as you would think.

When I changed "DHCP-Options" in Advanced LAN settings it stopped the DHCP server from working. I had to set a static IP on my LAN adapter to get back in to reverse it.

I might have been having other issues when I was testing.

It's actually is easy to change DHCP to give out DNS servers if someone tells you how to do it smile

Network => Interfaces => LAN => DHCP Server section => Advanced Settings => DHCP-Options

The DHCP option is 6 followed by the DNS servers IP Addresses separated by commas as the example below shows:

The clients will now get the Google public DNS servers when they get a new IP.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 4 Sep 2014, 22:14)

marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

Hi everybody!
I tried to compile Chadster766's codecs but there are some issues.
After running update.sh I started making it. And there was an error when compiling cyrus-sasl-2.1.23 package as follow:

Making all in sasldb
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/sasldb'
/bin/bash ../libtool   --mode=compile arm-openwrt-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include   -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_v7-a_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_v7-a_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/include  -I/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/usr/include  -Wall -W -Os -pipe -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3 -mfloat-abi=soft -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -fpic  -MT allockey.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/allockey.Tpo -c -o allockey.lo allockey.c
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/sasldb'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23'
make[3]: *** [/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/feeds/packages/libs/cyrus-sasl'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/cyrus-sasl/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment'
make[1]: *** [/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-arm_v7-a_uClibc-0.9.33.2_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marstears/McWRT-master/attitude_adjustment'
make: *** [world] Error 2

I tried every method on internet and have no help. Is there anybody have the same problem? Please help me. Thanks a lot.

You must have the first commit. Use the below command to bring your master branch up to date.

git checkout master
git pull

If you created a branch in your git repo then do the below command to see the branches.

git branch

Then do the below commands to update you development branches with the updates in master.

git merge master

Then:

git checkout master
git pull
make V=s

It's fine have fun smile
check to make sure the dl folder downloaded with the "git pull".

Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

git checkout master
git pull

git branch

git merge master

Then:

git checkout master
git pull
make V=s

It's fine have fun smile
check to make sure the dl folder downloaded with the "git pull".

Thank you Chadster766. I'm very sure that the dl folder was downloaded by "git clone", not "git pull".
What can I do?

marstears@mars-linux-PC:~/McWRT$ cd attitude_adjustment/
marstears@mars-linux-PC:~/McWRT/attitude_adjustment$ git checkout master 
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
marstears@mars-linux-PC:~/McWRT/attitude_adjustment$ git pull
Already up-to-date.

(Last edited by marstears on 4 Sep 2014, 19:14)

marstears wrote:

Thank you Chadster766. I'm very sure that the dl folder was downloaded by "git clone", not "git pull".
What can I do?

Do you have Subversion 1.7 installed as the README.md mentions? This is required for the feeds to update properly.

Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

What can I do?

Do you have Subversion 1.7 installed as the README.md mentions? This is required for the feeds to update properly.

Yes I have Subversion 1.7 and the update.sh running fine.
Could you just tell me how to make sure the dl folder download by "git pull" ?

Already on 'master'
Already up-to-date.
marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:

What can I do?

Already on 'master'
Already up-to-date.

It must be up to date.

The below command should give you the number of files in the dl directory. For me its 132.

ls attitude_adjustment/dl|wc -l
Chadster766 wrote:
marstears wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:

Already on 'master'
Already up-to-date.

It must be up to date.

The below command should give you the number of files in the dl directory. For me its 132.

ls attitude_adjustment/dl|wc -l

If you are still having build issues please create an Issue in the OpenWRT McWRT repo and we can continue the discussion there so we don't clutter up this thread.

(Last edited by Chadster766 on 4 Sep 2014, 23:10)

marstears wrote:

What does line 20 of attitude_adjustment/package/feeds/packages/cyrus-sasl/Makefile
contain?

Mine has "PKG_FIXUP:=autoreconf libtool".
When I saw that problem it had only "PKG_FIXUP:=autoreconf"

raven-au wrote:
marstears wrote:

What does line 20 of attitude_adjustment/package/feeds/packages/cyrus-sasl/Makefile
contain?

Mine has "PKG_FIXUP:=autoreconf libtool".
When I saw that problem it had only "PKG_FIXUP:=autoreconf"

Thanks raven-au!

marstears,
If that solves the problem for you. I will post that fix in the README.md smile

Sorry, posts 876 to 875 are missing from our archive.