OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

gsustek wrote:

please, build for 1900acs device too!

Sorry, I don't have that device and I don't release untested images.

nitroshift

nitroshift wrote:
gsustek wrote:

please, build for 1900acs device too!

Sorry, I don't have that device and I don't release untested images.

nitroshift

Would you be so kind to share your patches which you apply on top off trunk or CC. thnx.

@Davidc502c

I have some trouble with your image regarding opkg update/upgrade.
Due to this I don't get nfs kernel server not running anymore because I don't get kmod-fs-nfs installed. If I try to start the nfsd deamon I get the error that /proc/fs/nfsd doesen't exist.

root@gateway:~# /etc/init.d/nfsd start
mount: mounting nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd failed: No such device
sysctl: error: 'fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport' is an unknown key
sysctl: error: 'fs.nfs.nlm_udpport' is an unknown key
rpc.nfsd: Unable to access /proc/fs/nfsd errno 2 (No such file or directory).
Please try, as root, 'mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd' and then restart rpc.nfsd to correct the problem

Than I thought the repository doesn't fit to your image because every package I try to install I get error about the package kernel doesn't have the right version and of course this is a lower one than that one you use. (Thats why I like to have your image, kernel and driver)

So I changed to your repository. But there I get sig error and of course wrong kernel message.

Downloading http://personalpages.tds.net/~davidc502/mvebu/Kernel4.4.6/packages/management/Packages.sig.                                                                                       
Signature check failed.                                                                                                                                                                       
Remove wrong Signature file.  

What shell I do?

Br,

Thomas

(Last edited by thx4wrt on 9 May 2016, 07:49)

@Davidc502
I thought to build my own image but I am still sceptically about doing it right.

davidc502 wrote:

That is not a known issue that I'm aware of.

Can you capture the kernel or system logs?

BTW -- I do have a new build just posted last night, if you want to try it.

Hi David, I have since returned the WRT1200AC and have purchased 1900ACS, was only $35.00 more? The 1200AC still costs about $60.00 more than the 1900? Am I missing something or has the 1200 AC been identified as a special gem in the openwrt community?

Anyways, I was reading in DD-WRT that my issue may have been related to Dnsmasq? Here of that issue in the openwrt?

Also, is the 1900ACS a well supported router, out of the wrt routers by you devs?

Regards,

mrfrezee wrote:

@david

I'm moving and be without my fiber WAN for a while, would be kind enough to host temporarily my repo for me ? I can make a CNAME record to point your dns in the meantime to avoid breaking builds updates.

Regards,

Full repo dump link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfsvt6iimi78q … 8.tgz?dl=1

Do you still need a place?

br

gsustek wrote:

nope: but is it all ok?
i haven't kmod-sata-trigger in my packages

The original author required it to be built-in, no need to relax requirements at this point. I can't test it anyway wink

Use "cat /sys/class/leds/shelby\:white\:sata/trigger" to see if the module was loaded

An ahci-mvebu variant of the patch: https://gist.github.com/eb928acbda17e7c … e0f25cfcff

PS: the posted configuration does work here, was just uncertain as I used an uci-defaults script.

sera wrote:

The original author required it to be built-in, no need to relax requirements at this point. I can't test it anyway wink

Use "cat /sys/class/leds/shelby\:white\:sata/trigger" to see if the module was loaded

An ahci-mvebu variant of the patch: https://gist.github.com/eb928acbda17e7c … e0f25cfcff

PS: the posted configuration does work here, was just uncertain as I used an uci-defaults script.

thnx for the explanation...
here is what i got...

~# cat /sys/class/leds/shelby\:white\:sata/trigger
[none] nand-disk timer default-on netdev usbdev phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio phy1rx phy1tx phy1assoc phy1radio

@gsustek

none is selected and sata-disk is missing, so something went wrong.

.config should contain:
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ledtrig-sata-disk=y

build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-<version>_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-<version>/.config should contain:
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y

And this is what you should see:
root@wrt1900acs:~# cat /sys/class/leds/shelby\:white\:sata/trigger
none nand-disk timer default-on netdev [sata-disk] usbdev phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio phy1rx phy1tx phy1assoc phy1radio

If you cant figure it out please dump a build.log somewhere.

sera wrote:

@gsustek

none is selected and sata-disk is missing, so something went wrong.

.config should contain:
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ledtrig-sata-disk=y

build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-<version>_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-<version>/.config should contain:
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y

And this is what you should see:
root@wrt1900acs:~# cat /sys/class/leds/shelby\:white\:sata/trigger
none nand-disk timer default-on netdev [sata-disk] usbdev phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio phy1rx phy1tx phy1assoc phy1radio

If you cant figure it out please dump a build.log somewhere.

in build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-<version>_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-<version>/.config

doesn't exists: .config   

do i apply that patch right?

<version> is a convention which means replace with version, me suggest tab completion. The file only exists after a build and is generated using defaults and what you set in .config (menuconfig)

wget -qO- https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/eb928acbda17e7cb0be2dae0f25cfcff/raw/20e887026eef23a7236785b45d30a0cc07e6dcb0/stdin | patch -p1
sera wrote:

<version> is a convention which means replace with version, me suggest tab completion. The file only exists after a build and is generated using defaults and what you set in .config (menuconfig)

wget -qO- https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/eb928acbda17e7cb0be2dae0f25cfcff/raw/20e887026eef23a7236785b45d30a0cc07e6dcb0/stdin | patch -p1

here is it.  ni . config file, patch

~/arokh-r49166/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi$ find . -name .config
./hostapd-wpad-full/hostapd-2016-01-15/wpa_supplicant/.config
./hostapd-wpad-full/hostapd-2016-01-15/hostapd/.config
./busybox-1.24.1/.config
./linux-mvebu/compat-wireless-2016-01-10/.config
./linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config
./uClibc++-0.2.4/.config

./linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config is the one used to build the kernel

The patch command I posted before is to be run from ~/arokh-r49166

sera wrote:

./linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config is the one used to build the kernel

The patch command I posted before is to be run from ~/arokh-r49166

yep, now i have 4 instances in menu config.

:~/arokh-r49166$ grep -R CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
package/kernel/linux/modules/leds.mk.orig:  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
package/kernel/linux/modules/leds.mk.orig:  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
package/kernel/linux/modules/leds.mk:  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
grep: package/feeds/telephony/asterisk-1.8.x: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/telephony/kamailio-3.x: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/mutt: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/tcl: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/daemonlogger: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/cifs-utils: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/poco: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/bonnie++: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/at: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/stress: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/make: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/sane-backends: No such file or directory
grep: package/feeds/oldpackages/gpsd: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-rtkit-daemon.service-lMOZ2l: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/var/.X11-unix/X0: No such device or address
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/var/.ICE-unix/1453: No such device or address
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-systemd-timesyncd.service-mHzsrf: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-colord.service-kVxnhA: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/etc/TZ: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/etc/fstab: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/base-files/ipkg-mvebu/base-files/etc/localtime: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/iptables-1.4.21/ipkg-mvebu/ip6tables/usr/sbin/ip6tables-restore: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/iptables-1.4.21/ipkg-mvebu/ip6tables/usr/sbin/ip6tables-save: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/iptables-1.4.21/ipkg-mvebu/ip6tables/usr/sbin/ip6tables: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/iptables-1.4.21/ipkg-install/usr/bin/iptables-xml: No such file or directory
build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config.override:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config.prev:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config.set:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6/.config.old:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/ppp-default/ppp-2.4.7/ipkg-mvebu/ppp/etc/ppp/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-rtkit-daemon.service-lMOZ2l: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/.X11-unix/X0: No such device or address
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/.ICE-unix/1453: No such device or address
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-systemd-timesyncd.service-mHzsrf: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-colord.service-kVxnhA: Permission denied
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/ppp/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/TZ: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/fstab: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/localtime: No such file or directory
grep: build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10/arch/sandbox/include/asm/arch: No such file or directory
tmp/info/.packageinfo-kernel_linux:Kernel-Config: CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
tmp/info/.packageinfo-kernel_linux:Kernel-Config: CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
tmp/.packageinfo:Kernel-Config: CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-rtkit-daemon.service-lMOZ2l: Permission denied
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/.X11-unix/X0: No such device or address
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/.ICE-unix/1453: No such device or address
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-systemd-timesyncd.service-mHzsrf: Permission denied
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/var/systemd-private-ff460146cf3845279bfdca972aa7d70d-colord.service-kVxnhA: Permission denied
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/ppp/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/TZ: No such file or directory
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/fstab: No such file or directory
grep: staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/root-mvebu/etc/localtime: No such file or directory
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/arm-openwrt-linux/lib/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/initial/lib64/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/initial/lib/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/lib64/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/lib32/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
grep: staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.14_eabi/lib/lib: Too many levels of symbolic links
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.rej:-+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.rej:-+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.orig:+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.orig:+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch:+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.1/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch:+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.rej:-+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.rej:-+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.orig:+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch.orig:+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch:+obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
target/linux/mvebu/patches-4.4/902-sata-disk-trigger.patch:+#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
sata.patch:+  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
sata.patch:++obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
sata.patch:++#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK
sata.patch:++obj-$(CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK)    += ledtrig-sata-disk.o
sata.patch:++#ifdef CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK

You should have only one instance of "package/kernel/linux/modules/leds.mk:  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y"

Probably best to start with a fresh checkout / tarball

sera wrote:

You should have only one instance of "package/kernel/linux/modules/leds.mk:  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y"

Probably best to start with a fresh checkout / tarball

yep, i run patch too many times:-)
can i reverse patch?
it bugs me because .config doesn't have this entry, and .conf.??? have it... why is that?

gs@gs-E5450:~/arokh-r49166/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.14_eabi/linux-mvebu/linux-4.4.6$ grep CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK .*
grep: .: Is a directory
grep: ..: Is a directory
.config.old:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
.config.override:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
.config.prev:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
.config.set:CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_SATA_DISK=y
grep: .pc: Is a directory
grep: .tmp_versions: Is a directory

patch has -R switch for reverse applying. But better

Extract tarball
cd ~/arokh-r49166
git init
git add .
git commit -m "initial commit"
Start configuring and hacking.
Use git to manage your changes.

sera wrote:

Extract tarball
cd ~/arokh-r49166
git init
git add .

please write comments on every line, what those lines suppose to do..thnx
never mind i get it, you want to reinitialize extracted repo, so i can revert it if i do something wrong...

But is this OK?
[master f03d2bf] initial commit
154 files changed, 83389 insertions(+), 645 deletions(-)

(Last edited by gsustek on 9 May 2016, 16:43)

davidc502 wrote:

The misconception with bufferbloat is that it's always your router/modem, but in reality, bufferbloat can happen ANYWHERE along the path between you and the last HOP (Router).

To be a bit more specific, Bufferbloat can happen when a router has a significant speed difference between the incoming line and the outgoing lines.

When you go from your local Gig-E line to your outbound Internet connection, you typically have a huge difference in speed (in my case, 500x since my upstream is only 2Mb)

When downloading, the problem is typically at the ISP router that you connect to that is going from their internal, very high speed connection to your download speed.

However, you can have the problem elsewhere in the network, it's just not as common in most ISPs.

The right way to fix the download bufferbloat is for your ISP to fix their equipment. However since that is unlikely to happen, the sqm scripts do some interesting trickery to try and throttle your traffic to a level just below the capacity of your connection so that you don't ever hit the capacity and let things start buffering. Because it is trickery, it doesn't always work.

sera wrote:

Extract tarball
cd ~/arokh-r49166
git init
git add .

thnx, @sera, it wokrs!!!after another try with clean source, it works, when i copy to sata connected HDD LE blinks:-)

what about 40MHZ channel on 2,4 wlan1, i can't get more than 65MBits?

found it:
https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/25

(Last edited by gsustek on 9 May 2016, 22:48)

thx4wrt wrote:

@Davidc502c

What shell I do?

Br,

Thomas

just force the checksum. See if that works

opkg install package --force-checksum

gsustek wrote:

@JW0914

Hi, please post the topic url here. I want to know to how to create packages:-)

@all how to enable HT40 on 2,4 GHz?

I'll have time tomorrow to create the thread and add all relevant info, however on the github thread for this issue, github user @philwhineray was able to compile it successfully, less a minor hiccup that is most likely permission related.

I won't have time until tomorrow to try compiling it again following the steps  @philwhineray did, however if anyone has time to also try, that would be awesome.

As to the HT40, it should show up as Width, next to channel & mode

(Last edited by JW0914 on 10 May 2016, 03:55)

@JW0914

Netdata install scripts need to be modified because the /user/local path doesn't exist in OpenWRT. As for the nobody group, you need to manually create it because in OpenWRT there's only one user / group by default: root.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 10 May 2016, 05:05)

@nitroshift

Am I correctly interpreting this as saying that once cross compiled, the install script needs to be edited?  Or all that's needed is to edit the initial install script, and cross compiling isn't necessary?  (I believe it to be the former, but figured I should ask, just in case, to confirm)

(Last edited by JW0914 on 10 May 2016, 05:29)

I've been trying to make it a regular thing of keeping the WRT1900ac wiki consistent and updated, and since I haven't been as involved in the thread as previously, if users could please reply back with answers to the following, I'd be extremely appreciative (please reference number(s) being answered):

1. What is the current stable WiFi driver version?

2. What is the current stable 3.x kernel version?

3. Are there any significant bugs/issues that should be listed in the Wiki under Current Issues?

4. Should links be added for firmware images from additional members (davidc502, arokh, mrfreeze, etc.)?

5. Should more information regarding the WRT1900ACS be added?

• While both the WRT1200ac & WRT1900acs have their own wiki pages, 95%+ of their content was copied and pasted from the WRT1900ac wiki

6. Should bootlogs from the WRT1200ac and WRT1900acs be added? (I assume they're different)

7. Is flashing from OpenWRT --> OEM still required to download version 1.1.8 Linksys firmware, and if so, does someone have the hosted link, as the previous hosted link no longer exists

8. Should a Windows & Linux video tutorial be made? 

• Currently, lifehacksback's Mac tutorial is the only one done; however, with the exception of a third party SSH client in Windows being different, I personally believe only 1 video tutorial is needed

9. Should a HowTO be added under the 3.5mm Jack section to show best placement of the jack hole? 

• For example, I found out the hard way (twice, as once wasn't enough obviously lol) that even if there's enough space on the bottom plastic case in numerous spots, it does not mean the top case or front casing will be able to fit back together once the jack has been installed.

• While design changes to the WRT1200ac (and I would assume the WRT1900ac v2 and WRT1900acs) moved the serial header to the front of the board, making it accessible via simply sliding of the blue front cover, I personally believe an audio jack TTL cable is the way to go, especially if you flash trunk, as firmware can be flashed conveniently in under a minute via TFTP.

10. Should a HowTO be added under the MAX232-RS-232 section to walk one through setting that up? 

• I've never heard of the board before and am not sure how common the usage of that board would be for TFTP flashing.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 10 May 2016, 06:29)