OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@JW0914

1) The emphasis is the problem. I read it as use an old release with broken wifi, if you need wifi use an even older release candidate. Using the current release (15.05.1) is unsupported, expect your device to brick.

2) Opening the case means voiding the warranty, most should avoid that if it can be helped. In case you need a serial console the usb2tll cable should be the recommended method. It's a 5 minutes walk to the next shop which carries them here. If I order one I have it delivered next morning.

Mine is just another voice as well, as you have taken responsibility for that page, yours obviously carries more weight.

3) The corrupted bootloader section is valuable and shouldn't be removed. My point is, the files offerd most likely only work for the v1. Dry testing it on other models will likely brick them. I leave it to nitroshift to confirm or dispute my expectation.

sera wrote:

@JW0914

2) Opening the case means voiding the warranty, most should avoid that if it can be helped. In case you need a serial console the usb2tll cable should be the recommended method. It's a 5 minutes walk to the next shop which carries them here. If I order one I have it delivered next morning.

**It slipped my mind when writing the reply below that many members don't reside in the U.S., so please disregard the below if you live outside the U.S.**

• I would recommend anyone with questions about an act possibly voiding a warranty, inside or outside the U.S., to read the warranty for the product they have; then determine whether the country they live in either has a policy that allows anything not in the warranty, or disallows anything not exclusively allowed in the terms of the warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bit perplexed by your wording... "Opening the case means voiding the warranty...  the [USB-TTL] cable should be the recommended method"

• The only way to access the serial header is by opening the case.  Linksys even made a consumer recommended design change to the WRT series after the WRT1900v1, moving the serial port on the PCB to where it's more easily accessible by consumers (instead of having to remove the blue front casing and top casing, now one only needs to remove the front blue casing).

Who gave you information that opening the case voids the warranty, as whoever did has a factually inaccurate perspective.

• Linksys will not provide tech support on a unit running custom firmware, however, this does not affect the hardware warranty.

• Hardware warranties are a legally binding contract under numerous laws, and the bar is set quite high for OEMs to deny hardware warranty claims. Additionally, the burden of proof is on the OEM, and any OEM illegitimately refusing to warranty hardware potentially faces tens, possibly hundreds, of thousands in possible punitive damages should a bad faith claim be lodged in civil court.

Additionally, OEMs could lose their license to sell warranties in individual states should the state's D.o.I revoke or suspend the OEM's license.   

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 19:28)

JW0914 wrote:
thx4wrt wrote:

Hi @all,

I have a problem with space on my wrt1900acs.

I like to install asterisk18 pbx system but I don't have enough space so I followed instructions on https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot to free up space.

/overlay don't get mounted to /dev/sda2 and i don't know why. Every time after reboot overlay is mounted again to root.

/etc/config/fstab

config mount
        option uuid 'd1e4cc61-99ef-4c05-a93e-e081f24714c2'
        option enabled '1'
        option target '/overlay'
        option fstype 'ext4'
        option options '/overlay'
  • It appears you used the portion of the wiki dedicated to BB [Barrier Breaker], versus CC [Chaos Calmer].

While I'll post how to fix, it's still worth reading the Chaos Calmer section:

echo > /etc/config/fstab ; block detect > /etc/config/fstab ; vi /etc/config/fstab
    • Change each mount point detected to enable 1 (if you want all mounted at boot), with the pivot root (you can do extroot, but pivot root is recommended) mount point being [uuid will obviously be different]

config 'mount'
            option  target    '/overlay'
            option  uuid      'c91232a0-c50a-4eae-adb9-14b4d3ce3de1'
            option  fstype    'ext4'
            option  enabled   '1'

Thank you for your answer!

Exactly that I did. Wrote the fstab by block detect and added th mount point /overlay manually to the UUID of the partition I wanted to use. That wasn't work. The partition where mounted but th size was still small and the mount wasn't recognized some how.

If i did after reboot ONE umount /overlay the size changed to the new partition.

So it looks like the system is mounting "over" my /overlay mount point some how.

Now I get stuck completely and need to rebuild the hole system where I also again face a lot of stupid problems.

I like to have a build with a newer kernel and a newer wifi driver and services like minidlna, samba, nfsd, vsftpd and other small stuff. Plus eventually the Asterisk on it, depends on if I get the storage problem solved.

I tried to build my self the right image but my pc get stuck and hang. Also I have not enough knowledge to do this yet.

With the image from Davidc502 and Mrfrezee I have huge problems getting stuff installed. NFS is rejected due to version conflict of the kernel package. If I force to install it with --nodepend the service is not working.

Do you know which image I shell use best incl. the newer driver and kernel?

@thx4wrt  For kernel dependency errors, you'll need to check the repositories of the user who built the image.  If they don't have the package you need compiled for the kernel version in the image, you can see if another user's firmware does, or build your own using the build system wiki

• If the build process is causing your PC to hang due to maxed out resources, issue make with the -j1 flag (i.e. make -j1) or -j1 V=s if you experience errors (i.e. make -j1 V=s)

In order to utilize extroot/pivot root, you must have the prerequisite packages installed: block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-usb-storage-extras

Please verify you followed the steps listed here & that your fstab matches the one shown.

• Once you complete 4c, you'll need to reboot, the proceed to 5 to verify your pivot root worked

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 19:11)

@JW0914

Indeed, I can't speak for other countries. But unless Linksys explicitly states a user can open the case to access the serial port doing so will void the warranty in Switzerland, which I did on day one btw. Can you point me to such a statement?

On the other hand there was an EULA of some sorts when booting into linksys firmware saying something along the line of voiding the warranty by putting 3 party firmware on it. That clause is invalid here as it says openwrt on the boxing. So putting openwrt on the device is an intended use-case and can by no means void the warranty here.

JW0914 wrote:

@thx4wrt  For kernel dependency errors, you'll need to check the repositories of the user who built the image.  If they don't have the package you need compiled for the kernel version in the image, you can see if another user's firmware does, or build your own using the build system wiki

• If the build process is causing your PC to hang due to maxed out resources, issue make with the -j1 flag (i.e. make -j1) or -j1 V=s if you experience errors (i.e. make -j1 V=s)

In order to utilize extroot/pivot root, you must have the prerequisite packages installed: block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-usb-storage-extras

Please verify you followed the steps listed here & that your fstab matches the one shown

Thank you.

make menuconfig wasn't so hard to do. Where do I replace / choose the different kernel and driver? Is that the make kernel_menuconfig CONFIG_TARGET=subtarget part?

@sera  I was just in the middle of editing my previous post as I remembered many members don't live in the US

That's interesting that Switzerland has that type of wording [and pretty crappy for the consumer], as in the U.S., it's the opposite, where unless something is directly prohibited in the warranty, then it does not void the warranty.

My gut says as long as the retail box has the openwrt advert on it, it shouldn't void the warranty, however I've never lived in Switzerland and would recommend following up with Linksys directly to verify.  You may or may not get the correct info from tech support, and if you believe you are being given incorrect info, I would recommend reaching out to Linksys' Public Affairs office or writing directly to their legal department (if the latter, ensure you mail it signature required with a tracking number).

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 19:36)

thx4wrt wrote:
    JW0914 wrote:

Please verify you followed the steps listed here & that your fstab matches the one shown

Thank you.

make menuconfig wasn't so hard to do. Where do I replace / choose the different kernel and driver? Is that the make kernel_menuconfig CONFIG_TARGET=subtarget part?

It will be the makefile located in:
    [OpenWRT SDK]/target/linux/mvebu/

• Edit line 17: KERNEL_PATCHVER:=4.4

• or 4.1, if you want to compile with 4.1.x

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 19:33)

JW0914 wrote:
    thx4wrt wrote:
    JW0914 wrote:

Thank you.

It will be the makefile located in:
    [OpenWRT SDK]/target/linux/mvebu/

• Edit line 17: KERNEL_PATCHVER:=4.4

• or 4.1, if you want to compile with 4.1.x

I thought about 4.4.7 with the latest wifi for the wrt1900acs. With the "older" once I had problems with wifi stability and reaction time on kabel network is better, at least it feels so.

@JW0914

Warranty is defined by law here, the seller has hardly any say in what it entails. EULAs are irrelevant for consumers and can simply be ignored. The seller can grant you additional rights, but can't take any. Generally this is a good deal for consumers and bad for lawyers.

Also usually if a device gets brought back to store the device is replaced without any questions asked. So even if you technically voided your warranty getting a replacement isn't hard, unethical yes.

@sera  I'm always fascinated by the different ways in which different countries implement laws =]

@thx4wrt  I don't believe specifying a specific 4.4 version is possible in the makefile, or at least it can't be specified as 4.4.7 or 4.4.8.  Someone with more experience than I using the build system will need to chime in, as I know some have compiled 4.4.8.

Edit file include/kernel-version.mk to set the specific revision.
    Edit: the checks on the three latest.

#LINUX_KERNEL_MD5SUM-4.4.8 = d6430ac57c5f1830798095b7147908e4
    #LINUX_KERNEL_MD5SUM-4.4.9 = ec1e5011cc2ab3f441e39716dcf4730e
    LINUX_KERNEL_MD5SUM-4.4.10 = f7033cbe05e1359a347815ca52d051ed

(Last edited by anomeome on 11 May 2016, 20:05)

Changing target kernel version:

vim include/kernel-version.mk

Edit: I'm to slow ...

(Last edited by sera on 11 May 2016, 19:57)

anomeome wrote:

Edit file include/kernel-version.mk to set the specific revision.
    Edit: the checks on the two latest.

#LINUX_KERNEL_MD5SUM-4.4.8 = d6430ac57c5f1830798095b7147908e4
    LINUX_KERNEL_MD5SUM-4.4.9 = ec1e5011cc2ab3f441e39716dcf4730e

And how and where to manipulate to get the latest wifi driver added?

package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile
    Edit: is there something newer than 10.3.0.17-20160324 ?

(Last edited by anomeome on 11 May 2016, 20:13)

anomeome wrote:

package/kernel/mwlwifi/Makefile
    Edit: is there something newer than 10.3.0.17-20160324 ?

I don't know yet, but at least I know now where and how to do it.

Just making the changes in those files didn't provide the necessary software. If you want to add one not provided there, how to add those?

If you want a specific revision you would look at the git and use the commit # for the revision i.e. this is the current:
    PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=6988b67d9af987a7ba47f82cdaa6c9107e55ec3f

JW0914 wrote:

@sera  I'm always fascinated by the different ways in which different countries implement laws =]

That's interesting that Switzerland has that type of wording [and pretty crappy for the consumer], as in the U.S., it's the opposite, where unless something is directly prohibited in the warranty, then it does not void the warranty.

Just remembered an old story where a U.S. women put a cat into the microwave for drying. She got reparation paid for the dead cat as the manual didn't state not for drying animals. Whether true or not, here she would have ended up in prison for animal abuse or in a clinic for psychos.

So the fascination is mine as well smile

sera wrote:
    JW0914 wrote:

Just remembered an old story where a U.S. women put a cat into the microwave for drying. She got reparation paid for the dead cat as the manual didn't state not for drying animals. Whether true or not, here she would have ended up in prison for animal abuse or in a clinic for psychos.

So the fascination is mine as well smile

LOL 

She must have missed the basic science or physics class, as microwave radiation heats from the inside outwards

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 21:23)

nitroshift wrote:

Netdata merge patch submitted: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/621032/

nitroshift

Awesome work!!!
    thank you @nitroshift
    do you have some patches for 4.4.8 kernel? i woud like to compile your source for my 1900acs....

JW0914 wrote:

@dlang @sera Thanks for the input =]

I'm only quoting what I need clarification, or additional input, on.

dlang wrote:

6) I'm not sure what the value of the bootlogs are after the system is supported well enough to be flashed. It's useful to have them archived somewhere, but they don't need to stretch the page out.

• Their wraps can be decreased, as they should be appearing in all browsers as a quite small, scrollable box.  Where would you propose they be archived at?

I don't know all the resources available, but I could see a directory/wiki hierarchy along the lines of arch/target/blah and arch/target/submodel/blah to store per-model details in.

Things like bootlogs, stock port assignments (for models like the 1900 that have non-trivial switch configs), images showing serial pins, flashing processes, debricking options, etc could go here and then be linked into the per-model pages as appropriate. This may be something too big to do for one router type and should instead be considered as an overall change (or propose to LEDE for their wiki)

They are things that are absolutely critical at points in the process, but are noise the rest of the time.

A lot of these are actually common across a family of products, and it would be useful to link in the same (good) debricking writeup rather than to have a dozen different writeups for the same process

@dlang @sera & any other users, I reformatted a few things in the WRT1X00AC/S series Wiki, reworded others, moved a few things around, created a Troubleshooting section, and performed some minor tweaks. 

When one has time, please take a look and let me know if anything should be modified or better clarified.

Bogey wrote:

Again I had the issue, on both bands. 2.4GHz limited to ~30Mbit/s and 5GHz to ~20Mbit/s.

Again 5GHz was slow. This time 2.4GHz was ok.

This time kicked out one Tab 3 7" client and after that speed was ok.

The wireless client from I made the tests is  54:26:96:cd:b9:19. The iperf3 server is linux in 1Gbit LAN.

Macbook-Jukka:Documents jukka$ ./iperf301  -c 192.168.1.33 -i 1  -p 5201
    Connecting to host 192.168.1.33, port 5201
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 49903 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  4]   0.00-1.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.02-2.08   sec  3.00 MBytes  23.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.08-3.01   sec  4.00 MBytes  36.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.01-4.00   sec  3.88 MBytes  32.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.00-5.19   sec  3.88 MBytes  27.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.19-6.04   sec  3.50 MBytes  34.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.04-7.01   sec  3.75 MBytes  32.2 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.01-8.00   sec  3.88 MBytes  32.8 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.00-9.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.02-10.01  sec  3.75 MBytes  31.6 Mbits/sec              
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  37.6 MBytes  31.5 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  37.2 MBytes  31.2 Mbits/sec              receiver

Macbook-Jukka:Documents jukka$ ./iperf301  -c 192.168.1.33 -i 1  -p 5201 -R
    Reverse mode, remote host 192.168.1.33 is sending
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50056 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.08   sec  2.75 MBytes  21.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.08-2.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.07-3.06   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.06-4.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.05-5.08   sec  2.38 MBytes  19.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.08-6.08   sec  2.62 MBytes  22.1 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.08-7.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.2 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.07-8.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.1 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.07-9.08   sec  2.75 MBytes  22.9 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.08-10.07  sec  2.75 MBytes  23.2 Mbits/sec              
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
    [  4]   0.00-10.07  sec  30.3 MBytes  25.2 Mbits/sec    1         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.07  sec  27.8 MBytes  23.1 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.

root@OpenWrt ~# iw dev wlan0 station dump 
    Station 1c:1a:c0:a5:53:8d (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    63560 ms
        rx bytes:    2720785
        rx packets:    24823
        tx bytes:    2255151
        tx packets:    7583
        tx retries:    0
        tx failed:    0
        signal:      -67 dBm
        signal avg:    -66 dBm
        tx bitrate:    150.0 MBit/s MCS 7 40MHz short GI
        rx bitrate:    150.0 MBit/s MCS 7 40MHz short GI
        authorized:    yes
        authenticated:    yes
        preamble:    long
        WMM/WME:    yes
        MFP:        no
        TDLS peer:    no
        connected time:    137222 seconds
    Station 30:d6:c9:d2:72:88 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    13950 ms
        rx bytes:    2970212
        rx packets:    37020
        tx bytes:    36936998
        tx packets:    30684
        signal:      -68 dBm
        tx bitrate:    108.0 MBit/s MCS 5 40MHz
        connected time:    137219 seconds
    Station 68:64:4b:16:a9:c7 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    3690 ms
        rx bytes:    138391092
        rx packets:    520877
        tx bytes:    2529789410
        tx packets:    1745714
        signal avg:    -67 dBm
        connected time:    127977 seconds
    Station 24:a0:74:4a:1f:e4 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    23430 ms
        rx bytes:    8693281
        rx packets:    48186
        tx bytes:    73059803
        tx packets:    69481
        signal:      -69 dBm
        tx bitrate:    780.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 8 80MHz short GI VHT-NSS 2
        rx bitrate:    24.0 MBit/s
        connected time:    71219 seconds
    Station 80:c5:e6:fe:d3:8c (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    6270 ms
        rx bytes:    7572994
        rx packets:    23930
        tx bytes:    16282745
        tx packets:    22244
        signal:      -60 dBm
        signal avg:    -62 dBm
        tx bitrate:    351.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 8 80MHz VHT-NSS 1
        rx bitrate:    48.0 MBit/s
        connected time:    8194 seconds
    Station 54:26:96:cd:b9:19 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    0 ms
        rx bytes:    67955258
        rx packets:    76695
        tx bytes:    87524675
        tx packets:    90618
        signal avg:    -59 dBm
        tx bitrate:    450.0 MBit/s MCS 23 40MHz short GI
        rx bitrate:    450.0 MBit/s MCS 23 40MHz short GI
        connected time:    700 seconds

retried the tests:

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50206 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.06   sec  2.62 MBytes  20.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.06-2.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.05-3.09   sec  2.88 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.09-4.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.07-5.06   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.06-6.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.05-7.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.05-8.08   sec  2.88 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.08-9.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.07-10.06  sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.06  sec  30.2 MBytes  25.2 Mbits/sec    0         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.06  sec  28.6 MBytes  23.9 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50209 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.03   sec  3.38 MBytes  27.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.03-2.03   sec  4.12 MBytes  34.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.03-3.04   sec  3.25 MBytes  26.9 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.04-4.01   sec  3.88 MBytes  33.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  4.12 MBytes  34.5 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.04   sec  3.50 MBytes  28.5 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.04-7.01   sec  3.12 MBytes  27.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.01-8.03   sec  3.62 MBytes  30.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.03-9.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.02-10.02  sec  4.12 MBytes  34.8 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.02  sec  37.1 MBytes  31.1 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.02  sec  36.7 MBytes  30.7 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    Macbook-Jukka:Documents jukka$ 
    root@OpenWrt ~# hostapd_cli -i wlan0 deauthenticate 30:D6:C9:D2:72:88
    OK

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50695 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   304 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.00-2.01   sec  37.1 MBytes   309 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.01-3.00   sec  36.5 MBytes   307 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  36.4 MBytes   306 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.00-5.01   sec  36.6 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   306 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  36.1 MBytes   303 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   303 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.00-9.01   sec  36.0 MBytes   301 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  36.4 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   364 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   364 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50717 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  30.1 MBytes   252 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.00-2.01   sec  31.6 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  31.6 MBytes   264 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  31.9 MBytes   268 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  31.9 MBytes   267 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  31.5 MBytes   264 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.01-7.00   sec  31.6 MBytes   266 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.00-8.01   sec  31.5 MBytes   263 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.01-9.00   sec  31.5 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.00-10.01  sec  31.6 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   318 MBytes   266 Mbits/sec    0         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   316 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.

(Last edited by Bogey on 12 May 2016, 07:07)

JW0914 wrote:

@dlang @sera & any other users, I reformatted a few things in the WRT1X00AC/S series Wiki, reworded others, moved a few things around, created a Troubleshooting section, and performed some minor tweaks. 

When one has time, please take a look and let me know if anything should be modified or better clarified.

" When updating between OpenWRT builds/releases:

It's always recommended to flash back to stock first, then re-flash OpenWRT from stock.
            This is a precaution that ensures there are no problems in the flashing process.
    "

Are everyone really do that on every OW build? :-)

Bogey wrote:
    Bogey wrote:

Again I had the issue, on both bands. 2.4GHz limited to ~30Mbit/s and 5GHz to ~20Mbit/s.

Again 5GHz was slow. This time 2.4GHz was ok.

This time kicked out one Tab 3 7" client and after that speed was ok.

The wireless client from I made the tests is  54:26:96:cd:b9:19. The iperf3 server is linux in 1Gbit LAN.

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 49903 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.02-2.08   sec  3.00 MBytes  23.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.08-3.01   sec  4.00 MBytes  36.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.01-4.00   sec  3.88 MBytes  32.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.00-5.19   sec  3.88 MBytes  27.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.19-6.04   sec  3.50 MBytes  34.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.04-7.01   sec  3.75 MBytes  32.2 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.01-8.00   sec  3.88 MBytes  32.8 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.00-9.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.02-10.01  sec  3.75 MBytes  31.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  37.6 MBytes  31.5 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  37.2 MBytes  31.2 Mbits/sec              receiver

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50056 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.08   sec  2.75 MBytes  21.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.08-2.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.07-3.06   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.06-4.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.05-5.08   sec  2.38 MBytes  19.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.08-6.08   sec  2.62 MBytes  22.1 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.08-7.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.2 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.07-8.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.1 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.07-9.08   sec  2.75 MBytes  22.9 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.08-10.07  sec  2.75 MBytes  23.2 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.07  sec  30.3 MBytes  25.2 Mbits/sec    1         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.07  sec  27.8 MBytes  23.1 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.

root@OpenWrt ~# iw dev wlan0 station dump 
    Station 1c:1a:c0:a5:53:8d (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    63560 ms
        rx bytes:    2720785
        rx packets:    24823
        tx bytes:    2255151
        tx packets:    7583
        connected time:    137222 seconds
    Station 30:d6:c9:d2:72:88 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    13950 ms
        rx bytes:    2970212
        rx packets:    37020
        tx bytes:    36936998
        tx packets:    30684
        signal:      -68 dBm
        tx bitrate:    108.0 MBit/s MCS 5 40MHz
        connected time:    137219 seconds
    Station 68:64:4b:16:a9:c7 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    3690 ms
        rx bytes:    138391092
        rx packets:    520877
        tx bytes:    2529789410
        tx packets:    1745714
        connected time:    127977 seconds
    Station 24:a0:74:4a:1f:e4 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    23430 ms
        rx bytes:    8693281
        rx packets:    48186
        tx bytes:    73059803
        tx packets:    69481
        signal:      -69 dBm
        tx bitrate:    780.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 8 80MHz short GI VHT-NSS 2
        rx bitrate:    24.0 MBit/s
        connected time:    71219 seconds
    Station 80:c5:e6:fe:d3:8c (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    6270 ms
        rx bytes:    7572994
        rx packets:    23930
        tx bytes:    16282745
        tx packets:    22244
        signal avg:    -62 dBm
        tx bitrate:    351.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 8 80MHz VHT-NSS 1
        rx bitrate:    48.0 MBit/s
        connected time:    8194 seconds
    Station 54:26:96:cd:b9:19 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    0 ms
        rx bytes:    67955258
        rx packets:    76695
        tx bytes:    87524675
        tx packets:    90618
        signal avg:    -59 dBm
        tx bitrate:    450.0 MBit/s MCS 23 40MHz short GI
        rx bitrate:    450.0 MBit/s MCS 23 40MHz short GI
        connected time:    700 seconds

retried the tests:

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50206 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.06   sec  2.62 MBytes  20.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.06-2.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.05-3.09   sec  2.88 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.09-4.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.07-5.06   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.06-6.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.05-7.05   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.05-8.08   sec  2.88 MBytes  23.3 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.08-9.07   sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.07-10.06  sec  2.75 MBytes  23.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.06  sec  30.2 MBytes  25.2 Mbits/sec    0         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.06  sec  28.6 MBytes  23.9 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50209 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.03   sec  3.38 MBytes  27.4 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.03-2.03   sec  4.12 MBytes  34.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.03-3.04   sec  3.25 MBytes  26.9 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.04-4.01   sec  3.88 MBytes  33.6 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  4.12 MBytes  34.5 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.04   sec  3.50 MBytes  28.5 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.04-7.01   sec  3.12 MBytes  27.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.01-8.03   sec  3.62 MBytes  30.0 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.03-9.02   sec  4.00 MBytes  33.7 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.02-10.02  sec  4.12 MBytes  34.8 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.02  sec  37.1 MBytes  31.1 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.02  sec  36.7 MBytes  30.7 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    Macbook-Jukka:Documents jukka$ 
    root@OpenWrt ~# hostapd_cli -i wlan0 deauthenticate 30:D6:C9:D2:72:88
    OK

[  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50695 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   304 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.00-2.01   sec  37.1 MBytes   309 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.01-3.00   sec  36.5 MBytes   307 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  36.4 MBytes   306 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.00-5.01   sec  36.6 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   306 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  36.1 MBytes   303 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  36.2 MBytes   303 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.00-9.01   sec  36.0 MBytes   301 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  36.4 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   364 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   364 MBytes   305 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.
    [  4] local 192.168.1.14 port 50717 connected to 192.168.1.33 port 5201
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  30.1 MBytes   252 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   1.00-2.01   sec  31.6 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  31.6 MBytes   264 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  31.9 MBytes   268 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  31.9 MBytes   267 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  31.5 MBytes   264 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   6.01-7.00   sec  31.6 MBytes   266 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   7.00-8.01   sec  31.5 MBytes   263 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   8.01-9.00   sec  31.5 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   9.00-10.01  sec  31.6 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   318 MBytes   266 Mbits/sec    0         sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec   316 MBytes   265 Mbits/sec              receiver

iperf Done.

so you have this issue on Arokh latest build?

Sorry, posts 11176 to 11175 are missing from our archive.