OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

gsustek wrote:

thnx, @sera, it wokrs!!!after another try with clean source, it works, when i copy to sata connected HDD LE blinks:-)

Great to hear it works.

JW0914 wrote:

I've been trying to make it a regular thing of keeping the WRT1900ac wiki consistent and updated, and since I haven't been as involved in the thread as previously, if users could please reply back with answers to the following, I'd be extremely appreciative (please reference number(s) being answered):

2) trunk default is 4.1.23, but pinning a kernel version on the wiki means it's always out of date, same for mwlwifi.
4) ask them if they want their builds to be listed?
5) 1900v2/1200ac/1900acs are all using an armada-385 unlike the 1900ac which has an armada-xp. The distinction as it is doesn't make much sense to me.
9) Documenting hardware mods is done for many devices on the wiki, go ahead.
10) That chip is famous. However, this is from before usb2tll became common. I doubt you still have a serial connector on any of your computers anyway.

Hi @all,

I have a problem with space on my wrt1900acs.

I like to install asterisk18 pbx system but I don't have enough space so I followed instructions on https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot to free up space.

/overlay don't get mounted to /dev/sda2 and i don't know why. Every time after reboot overlay is mounted again to root.

I modified the /etc/config/fstab:

config global
        option anon_swap '0'
        option anon_mount '0'
        option auto_swap '1'
        option auto_mount '1'
        option delay_root '5'
        option check_fs '0'

config swap
        option uuid '2ef423fa-5280-49a0-b099-b9dd3a10339f'
        option enabled '0'

config mount
        option uuid 'd1e4cc61-99ef-4c05-a93e-e081f24714c2'
        option enabled '1'
        option target '/overlay'
        option fstype 'ext4'
        option options '/overlay'

config mount
        option target '/mnt/sda3'
        option uuid '7f9dfb7e-2aca-43db-b075-88b3de71923d'
        option enabled '1'

As well I modiefied to try out if that would work the /etc/fstab as followed:

UUID=blablablabla         /ooverlay            ext4            rw,noatime,lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work    0      0

But this gets overwritten by reboot, don't know why!

blkid shows that EXT_SYS is mounted to /dev/sda2:

/dev/ubiblock0_0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/sda1: LABEL="swap" UUID="2ef423fa-5280-49a0-b099-b9dd3a10339f" TYPE="swap" PARTLABEL="swap" PARTUUID="a2c2b87b-56fe-4af9-922c-a9be36272a8f"
/dev/sda2: LABEL="EXTERN_SYS" UUID="d1e4cc61-99ef-4c05-a93e-e081f24714c2" TYPE="ext4" PARTLABEL="EXTERN_SYS" PARTUUID="5c8c9e38-65ee-49c0-aedb-89bee47275fa"
/dev/sda3: LABEL="nas" UUID="7f9dfb7e-2aca-43db-b075-88b3de71923d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="3df8753a-2af4-404b-8274-d682bf040239"

mount shows this:

/dev/root on /rom type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/ubi0_1 on /overlay type ubifs (rw,noatime)
[b]overlayfs:/overlay on / type overlay (rw,noatime,lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work)[/b]
ubi1:syscfg on /tmp/syscfg type ubifs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=512k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/sda3 on /mnt/sda3 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,noatime)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)

There I can see that overlay is again mounted to / root.

Why is this happening and what can I do to get the external partition mounted in as sys so I get free space?

Thank you all!

Br

Thomas

@JW0914

You need to modify the scripts before compiling and you need to build the package after that.

nitroshift

thx4wrt wrote:

Hi @all,

I have a problem with space on my wrt1900acs.

I like to install asterisk18 pbx system but I don't have enough space so I followed instructions on https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot to free up space.

/overlay don't get mounted to /dev/sda2 and i don't know why. Every time after reboot overlay is mounted again to root.

/etc/config/fstab

config mount
        option uuid 'd1e4cc61-99ef-4c05-a93e-e081f24714c2'
        option enabled '1'
        option target '/overlay'
        option fstype 'ext4'
        option options '/overlay'
  • It appears you used the portion of the wiki dedicated to BB [Barrier Breaker], versus CC [Chaos Calmer].

While I'll post how to fix, it's still worth reading the Chaos Calmer section:

echo > /etc/config/fstab ; block detect > /etc/config/fstab ; vi /etc/config/fstab
    • Change each mount point detected to enable 1 (if you want all mounted at boot), with the pivot root (you can do extroot, but pivot root is recommended) mount point being [uuid will obviously be different]

config 'mount'
            option  target    '/overlay'
            option  uuid      'c91232a0-c50a-4eae-adb9-14b4d3ce3de1'
            option  fstype    'ext4'
            option  enabled   '1'

(Last edited by JW0914 on 10 May 2016, 17:06)

nitroshift wrote:

You need to modify the scripts before compiling and you need to build the package after that.

Thanks! =]

For all who's interested, @leitec compiled a netdata package for OpenWRT.  I plan on installing it this evening, and I'm still going to continue to try to compile one on my own, as once I get everything right, I can maintain the package.

sera wrote:
    JW0914 wrote:

I've been trying to make it a regular thing of keeping the WRT1900ac wiki consistent and updated, and since I haven't been as involved in the thread as previously, if users could please reply back with answers to the following, I'd be extremely appreciative (please reference number(s) being answered):

2) trunk default is 4.1.23, but pinning a kernel version on the wiki means it's always out of date, same for mwlwifi.
    4) ask them if they want their builds to be listed?
    5) 1900v2/1200ac/1900acs are all using an armada-385 unlike the 1900ac which has an armada-xp. The distinction as it is doesn't make much sense to me.
    9) Documenting hardware mods is done for many devices on the wiki, go ahead.
    10) That chip is famous. However, this is from before usb2tll became common. I doubt you still have a serial connector on any of your computers anyway.

Thanks a bunch =] 

I'll add the suggested information and ask the members with their own maintained builds if they'd like them listed.

@JW0914

5) I think all of the varients should be combined into one page, the similarities outweigh the differences and things are still changing fast enough that maintaining things in multiple places is a bad idea.

6) I'm not sure what the value of the bootlogs are after the system is supported well enough to be flashed. It's useful to have them archived somewhere, but they don't need to stretch the page out.

7) I think 1.1.8 firmware is ancient and irrelavent at this point.

8) videos are always useful. Some people are confused by small differences.

10) there needs to be something better on this topic than I've found so far. The effort isn't really board specific (other than identifying the specific pins to connect to). I think it would be best to have a generic one and say that the specific pins to connect to are identified on the device page.

Point out the difference between 5v, 3.3v, and 1.8v serial and why it matters.

davidc502 wrote:
    regadpellagru wrote:
    davidc502 wrote:

What provider are you using?

http://45.79.194.151/images/Capture.JPG

Well, apologises, here, as I really don't get how to post pictures, which would really help ...

Anyway, I've tried with NO-IP (which I don't like), dynamic DNS, and now Dynu, which has good tutorials (multiple routers, but not yet Openwrt).
    I've provisioned mysite.dynu.com at their website.

I used the dd-wrt tuto, instead which shows the following fields:
      - DDNS service: custom
      - DDNS server: api.dynu.com
      - user name: XXX
      - Password: YYY
      - hostname: mysite.dynu.com
      - other fields (URL, add. options) empty
      - do not use external ip check: yes

In Openwrt/Luci, we have more or less the same fields, so I created a new DDNS service and filled in the basic settings as follows:
      - enabled: ticked
      - lookup hostname: mysite.dynu.com
      - DDNS service provider: custom
      - domain: api.dynu.com
      - username: XXX
      - password: YYY
      - rest is empty

Luci tells me :
        Basic Settings - Custom update-URL: missing / required (yes, it's empty)
        Basic Settings - Custom update-script: missing / required (yes, it's empty)

So, seeing your screenshots, it seems obvious I'm doing something wrong, here ...
    But what ?
    Also, I'm puzzled as to why using a non-custom config in Luci, it removes the fields for updating username and password. Surely, they're still needed, no ?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Since most of these are a free service, give ChangeIP a try -> https://www.changeip.com

Here are my settings in OpenWrt. I recommend deleting the entire profile and starting over trying "ChangeIP"

These are the basic settings set for ChangeIP.
    http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/images/dynamic.jpg

These are ChangeIP logs confirming OpenWrt is sending it updates.
    http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/images/ChangeIP.jpg

Let me know if this works for you. If not, we can try and troubleshoot your specific issue.

"Also, I'm puzzled as to why using a non-custom config in Luci, it removes the fields for updating username and password. Surely, they're still needed, no ?"  <<<  I'm not sure what you mean here... as I can go back and update the username/password fields, so I'm not sure why yours would be "greyed out"?

Hi there, sorry for delays.

I actually solved the issue by valuing "Custom update-URL" with "http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]", like is done in the "myddns_ipv6" example ...
    Worked OK, as per logs.
    Only problem is, since I have a L3 routed setup between internal network/openwrt and provider box, openwrt can't know public address, and therefore, tries to post the private address it uses to communicate with the provider box as DDNS address. I think this is a design flaw I have here, but not one I'm ready to question with bridge/half-bridge setups ...

Anyway, thanks for the input, it's a lot clearer for me, now. I'll leave DDNS to the provider box ....

JW0914 wrote:
    gsustek wrote:

@JW0914

Hi, please post the topic url here. I want to know to how to create packages:-)

@all how to enable HT40 on 2,4 GHz?

I'll have time tomorrow to create the thread and add all relevant info, however on the github thread for this issue, github user @philwhineray was able to compile it successfully, less a minor hiccup that is most likely permission related.

I won't have time until tomorrow to try compiling it again following the steps  @philwhineray did, however if anyone has time to also try, that would be awesome.

As to the HT40, it should show up as Width, next to channel & mode

Thnx JW for pointing me on code brackets, i will in future do that.

About 40 MHz width, i set it but it seems that around me is to much 2,4 GHz wifi, so i can't use larger channel width, please see https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/25
    I tryed option noscan '1' but did not work.

About netdata, please expose it by feed repo:-) thnx

(Last edited by gsustek on 10 May 2016, 19:43)

sera wrote:

patch has -R switch for reverse applying. But better

Extract tarball
    cd ~/arokh-r49166
    git init
    git add .
    git commit -m "initial commit"
    Start configuring and hacking.
    Use git to manage your changes.

Hi, so if i change some code, and i want to create patch for other, what are the steps. Thnx

There are many great git tutorials out there which do a better job explaining then I could. Basically you commit your changes to the local repo with add and commit. Each commit is basically a patch already. git format-patch is then used to create one or a series of .patch files if you need them.

@JW0914

Going over the wiki page while writing this post, holding down some thoughts. Maybe you can use them to improve the page.

Intro notes
    -----------

15.05, not 15.05.1, red letters - quite bad, new users get sent to download old release?
    The second bullet point is at best a historical anecdote, the versions better move to firmware images -> trunk
    Are the chances really that big that one would need an usb2ttl cable?

I'd remove all of them, they only serve to confuse or scare a user.

firmware images
    ---------------
    Should be split in official and community.
    Official be split in release and trunk.
    Current offical, again plenty links to old firmware. Replace with instructions on how to find the latest release and determine image based on device codename.
    Please verify checksum goes before any images.
    Broken opkg.conf belongs into a troubleshooting section. Is there still such an image listed?
    Kaloz builds, weren't they just staging builds and no longer relevant?
    Revert to default settings -> troubleshooting section, also, isn't firstboot the canonical method? luci?

Supported hardware
    ------------------
    Supported Current Rel, broken by design. Obviously any later release will have support. Should the day really come this is no longer the case a last supported release column can be added.
    Codename should be first level column, as it's required to determine the correct image.
    wrt1200ac switch power supply and "switch" column.

Corrupt Bootloader Recovery
    ---------------------------
    Is most probably destructive for all but the original 1900ac. Not that it would matter much if you already truly bricked the bootloader.

@JW0914

I have succesfully compiled netdata and am running it on one of my WRT1900AC's. As Kaloz agreed to have it merged in OpenWRT tree, I'm going to talk to leitec and take over the package maintenance.

nitroshift

Bogey wrote:

I have been now running 24 hours wrt1900acs and suddenly wifi is limited to 22mbit/s on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

I remember seeing some post about 20mbit/s limit but could not find. Is it because of wifi driver or what?

wifi off/on seems to fix it.

Again I had the issue, on both bands. 2.4GHz limited to ~30Mbit/s and 5GHz to ~20Mbit/s.

I was planning to kick out clients one by one if it would be some client causing this.
    There was 4 clients on 5GHz and 6 clients in 2.4GHz

But I only needed to kick only one client from each bands and speed was back to normal.
    Both were iPads what I did kick out.

These were the commands

hostapd_cli -i wlan1 deauthenticate 70:e7:2c:02:6b:c1
    hostapd_cli -i wlan0 deauthenticate 24:A0:74:4A:1F:E4

And these were the clients I kick out

Station 70:e7:2c:02:6b:c1 (on wlan1)
        inactive time:    15300 ms
        rx bytes:    460758
        rx packets:    6418
        tx bytes:    628437
        tx packets:    2390
        tx retries:    0
        tx failed:    0
        signal:      -46 dBm
        signal avg:    -44 dBm
        tx bitrate:    144.4 MBit/s MCS 15 short GI
        rx bitrate:    24.0 MBit/s
        authorized:    yes
        authenticated:    yes
        preamble:    short
        WMM/WME:    yes
        MFP:        no
        TDLS peer:    no
        connected time:    65196 seconds

Station 24:a0:74:4a:1f:e4 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:    20320 ms
        rx bytes:    13138368
        rx packets:    73740
        tx bytes:    130278316
        tx packets:    115126
        tx retries:    0
        tx failed:    0
        signal:      -64 dBm
        signal avg:    -63 dBm
        tx bitrate:    585.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 7 80MHz VHT-NSS 2
        rx bitrate:    24.0 MBit/s
        authorized:    yes
        authenticated:    yes
        preamble:    long
        WMM/WME:    yes
        MFP:        no
        TDLS peer:    no
        connected time:    64916 seconds

(Last edited by Bogey on 11 May 2016, 10:53)

nitroshift wrote:

@JW0914

I have succesfully compiled netdata and am running it on one of my WRT1900AC's. As Kaloz agreed to have it merged in OpenWRT tree, I'm going to talk to leitec and take over the package maintenance.

nitroshift

Big thanks!!

@kirkgbr

If you are running my firmware image based on kernel 4.4.8, you can install netdata from here: https://github.com/nitroshift/netdata/b … _mvebu.ipk Before installing it, make sure you do an "opkg update". After you install it, you can access netdata on port 19999.

nitroshift

@nitroshift

Netdata looks awesome..... Thank you for doing this.

Do you think it will install on 4.4.9?

Cheers

@doITright

No, it will barf about kernel version mismatch.

nitroshift

Bummer.... 

I guess I will have to wait for the kernel bump.  It looks like a new driver is on its way as well.....

Cheers

I've tried 15.05.1, trunk, kaloz's, and davidc502's firmware on my WRT1900ACS but all of them have a problem where wifi connections to them stay connected but stop functioning.  pinging the router from a connected device results in destination unreachable.  is this a known problem?  is there a different firmware version i should try or anything else i should do to debug it?  logread is below but it sounded from https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/41 like these messages aren't actually errors?

Tue May 10 20:37:09 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA bc:6c:21:25:da:6c WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
    Tue May 10 20:37:09 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA a4:5e:60:b8:c9:b7 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
    Tue May 10 20:37:09 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA e0:76:d0:94:d2:1f WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
    Tue May 10 20:37:10 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA d8:1d:72:0c:e4:12 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.726993] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.732040] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.766980] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.772005] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.816971] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.821918] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.856971] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.861906] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.896970] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.901912] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.936979] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.941980] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.976968] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19852.981906] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.026969] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.031971] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.106970] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.111905] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.146974] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.151892] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.186968] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.191974] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.226965] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.231931] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.266969] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.271934] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.306961] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.311891] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.346979] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.351969] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.386961] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.391928] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.446968] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.451919] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.476958] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.481879] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.516957] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.521917] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.566956] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.571918] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.606954] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:48 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.611878] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.646960] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.651950] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.686952] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.691913] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.726949] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.731871] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.766950] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.771900] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.806954] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.811979] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.846953] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.851895] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.886948] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.891921] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.926947] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.931877] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.966962] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19853.971931] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.006946] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.011944] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.046941] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.051865] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.156948] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.161938] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.196950] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.201880] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.236941] ieee80211 phy1: check ba result error 1
    Tue May 10 20:37:49 2016 kern.err kernel: [19854.241934] ieee80211 phy1: ampdu start error code: -22
    Tue May 10 20:38:12 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA bc:6c:21:25:da:6c IEEE 802.11: authenticated
    Tue May 10 20:38:12 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA bc:6c:21:25:da:6c IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
    Tue May 10 20:38:12 2016 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA bc:6c:21:25:da:6c WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

@dlang @sera Thanks for the input =]

I'm only quoting what I need clarification, or additional input, on.

dlang wrote:

6) I'm not sure what the value of the bootlogs are after the system is supported well enough to be flashed. It's useful to have them archived somewhere, but they don't need to stretch the page out.

• Their wraps can be decreased, as they should be appearing in all browsers as a quite small, scrollable box.  Where would you propose they be archived at?

dlang wrote:

7) I think 1.1.8 firmware is ancient and irrelevant at this point.

• There was an issue that prevented users reverting to Linksys firmware from OpenWRT after the original firmware image the WRT1900 shipped with was removed from Linksys' support page.  This required users to perform a workaround in order to revert and is why that section is there.

I haven't run Linksys firmware since January 2015, and if someone can verify there is no longer an issue reverting from OpenWRT to Linksys without a workaround, the section should be completely removed.

sera wrote:

[Intro] 15.05, not 15.05.1, red letters - quite bad, new users get sent to download old release?

• I wasn't sure if you were stating having the color red was problematic, but I did remove the bullet point reverting users to RC3, as that suggestion is obsolete at this point.

sera wrote:

[Intro] Are the chances really that big that one would need an usb2ttl cable?  I'd remove all of them, they only serve to confuse or scare a user.

• I personally believe a USB-TTL cable is a vital cable anyone flashing custom firmware should have, especially if flashing trunk, as it's the only way to unbrick; And while not common, it is still possible to brick flashing via LAN.  With that being said, this is a community page and mine is only one voice out of hundreds.

This recommendation used to be under TFTP Firmware Flash and Serial Port, however I moved it to the intro about a year ago due to several users bricking and not knowing they needed a USB-TTL cable to unbrick.  Many new users at that point weren't reading the entire WRT900ac Wiki page, and I figured the best way to prevent new users from bricking and not knowing there is a prerequisite component involved to unbrick was to nip it in the bud and ensure it was immediately noticeable in the Intro.

sera wrote:

[Corrupted Bootloader Recovery] Is most probably destructive for all but the original 1900ac. Not that it would matter much if you already truly bricked the bootloader.

• This was added about 6 - 8 months ago after nitroshift worked extensively with U-boot to rebuild a corrupted bootloader.  I personally believe it's relevant, especially to devs; however as above, my opinion is only one among many possible ones.

@nitroshift Thanks a bunch!!! =]  If you have time, could you please email the steps you took to build netdata, as I'd like to learn where I went wrong.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 17:07)

ericcj wrote:

I've tried 15.05.1, trunk, kaloz's, and davidc502's firmware on my WRT1900ACS but all of them have a problem where wifi connections to them stay connected but stop functioning.  pinging the router from a connected device results in destination unreachable.  is this a known problem?  is there a different firmware version i should try or anything else i should do to debug it?  logread is below but it sounded from https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/41 like these messages aren't actually errors?

These "errors" (if you want to call them errors) have been known for a long time. Unknown if this is something kaloz is working on or not.

However, issues with devices staying connected would not be normal, and would report those issues.

@JW0914
    I haven't run Linksys firmware since January 2015, and if someone can verify there is no longer an issue reverting from OpenWRT to Linksys without a workaround, the section should be completely removed.

I can confirm that the latest Linksys stock firmware no longer has that problem. I flashed a week or so ago for the first time in about a year and it worked fine.

Also when you get the info on cross compiling please post a link.
    Thanks

Thanks =]

I'll remove the applicable info from the Wiki then

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 May 2016, 17:18)