OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer C2 AC750 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

If anyone is interested - I've compiled an image with all kernel modules and latest security fixes from upstream - including those for Krack attack.

github.com/plwm/openwrt-archer-c2/releases

plwm wrote:

If anyone is interested - I've compiled an image with all kernel modules and latest security fixes from upstream - including those for Krack attack.

Okay, I'll test today.

BTW anyone know how to export the mt7610e driver? I want to try it on lede.
Sry my english not good.

plwm wrote:

It's boot fine.

plwm wrote:

Works just fine, thanks!

Hey guys bricked my c2. can anyone help? ftpd doesn't work

uchihi6 wrote:

Dead boot, restore via uart or a programming device

reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:

What do you mean with programming device? And uart, is that serial console? I recently ordered a USB to TTL cable, will that work?

uchihi6 wrote:
reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:

What do you mean with programming device? And uart, is that serial console? I recently ordered a USB to TTL cable, will that work?

Programmer for recording SOIC8 chips, yes

zaccaria wrote:

Hi guys,
i built a new binary for our device, it's based on the OpenWrt trunk instead of LEDE due to better soc wireless driver.
MT7610E driver is included as kernel module and now it's LuCi manageable too! The 5ghz LuCi support works excellent in ap mode, a part some view bugs (maybe some options shouldn't work).

Steps how to build a sysupgrade image! (highly suggest to compile under Debian Jessie 32bit with all prerequisites):

With ArcherC2 profile the following packages are selected by default: kmod-mt7610e, uci2dat, luci-mtk-wifi, wireless-tools, luci

Here you can find a sysupgrade binary to use only up an existing openwrt system (for first flash read all posts and use yoq's factory image via tftp, be careful damn!)
github.com/zaccareal/openwrt-archer-c2/releases

i'll try to refine the code for manageable 5ghz driver, soon i'll add the possibility to create more interface and the STA/WDS mode support, obviously it's appreciated help to improve the code smile
The community did a great work on this board it would be nice if someone update the wiki with tftp flash trick and unbrick technique.
Let me know if something is wrong.
Thanks to all!

How to start 2.4GHz? Tell me

[   11.144022] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rt: Info - RT chipset 5390, rev 0500 detected
[   11.151965] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800_init_eeprom: Error - Invalid RF chipset 0xffff detected
[   11.160461] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_probe_dev: Error - Failed to allocate device

The problem is solved, because of the lack of MAC-addresses in the ART parted

(Last edited by reyo on 12 Nov 2017, 19:34)

reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:
reyo wrote:

I already bought these but couldn't get it to work.

https://www.amazon.com/Signstek-SOIC8-S … B00V9QNAC4
https://www.amazon.com/Gikfun-Programme … programmer

I connected the soic8 clip to the chip in the router and used the Ch341A programmer software to flash the stock .bin but it came with an error.

uchihi6 wrote:
reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:

I connected the soic8 clip to the chip in the router and used the Ch341A programmer software to flash the stock .bin but it came with an error.

Video for easy launch is on YouTube

When programming, the flash drive is completely cleared and the 2.4GHz and WAN networks do not work.
Write restore images, or modified BOOT images from the site tp-link. be sure to write your MAC address to the address (Via HEX edits) 0x007DF100 and 0x007DF200. After this problem with the launch of 2.4 GHz network and WAN will not be both on the drain and on OPENWRT. Sorry for my English

(Last edited by reyo on 14 Nov 2017, 14:59)

reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:
reyo wrote:

When programming, the flash drive is completely cleared and the 2.4GHz and WAN networks do not work.
Write restore images, or modified BOOT images from the site tp-link. be sure to write your MAC address to the address (Via HEX edits) 0x007DF100 and 0x007DF200. After this problem with the launch of 2.4 GHz network and WAN will not be both on the drain and on OPENWRT. Sorry for my English

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you run me through this step by step? This is what I have: Soic8 clip, Ch341A USB programmer and CH341A software. How do I edit HEX? Thank you in advance, I really don't want to lose this router its' not even a year old.

Does anybody know the steps to generate a openwrt tftp recovery image like the one available on message #124? All the procedures that use TFTP method use the recovery image that @yoq provided but I don't see how to generate this first image...

Hello

I have this error :

Error code: 4506

The uploaded file does not match the device's current hardware version.

Is there a web ui pre installed ?

(Last edited by cutterman on 16 Dec 2017, 11:30)

I dont know whats the problem peaople. Download recovery from post# 124. Extact it load recovery from folder openwrt_r50020. Login to lucii and upgrade image to new realese from post #276 (thx plwm for this) and job done. If you want to go back to stock use recovery from back to stock folder.
Loading procedure (post #90)
Download the recovery version: beinder.at/pub/ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin
EDIT: Do not rename ordinary firmware files and flash them this way, you will brick your router!
Change your Ethernet adapter to IP 192.168.0.66 static IP, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1
Download Tftpd32 and start it
Select the directory that hold ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin file.
Choose 192.168.0.66 for your "server interface" in the Tftp server tab

connect the ArcherC2 directly to your pc, hold the WPS button and start it. hold the button for at least 10 seconds
wait for the transfer to finish and wait for it to reboot
WebUI for stock firmware is at 192.168.0.1, OpenWrt is at 192.168.1.1

(Last edited by yonasz on 19 Dec 2017, 21:24)

Can anyone help me? I can't debrick my router (LAN ports is broken).

uchihi6 wrote:

Can anyone help me? I can't debrick my router (LAN ports is broken).

write back_to_stock firmware from yoq with your CH341A programmer.

I want to add support for usb printer and some other things, but opkg doesn't like me sad  kernel version error )
I'm trying to make my own using, but as I don't know what it needs, I'm selecting packages one by one from post #276 file. is there a better why then that? like default make conf file?

yonasz wrote:

Download Tftpd32 and start it
Select the directory that hold ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin file.
Choose 192.168.0.66 for your "server interface" in the Tftp server tab

connect the ArcherC2 directly to your pc, hold the WPS button and start it. hold the button for at least 10 seconds
wait for the transfer to finish and wait for it to reboot
WebUI for stock firmware is at 192.168.0.1, OpenWrt is at 192.168.1.1

Be advised that it might take several attempts (and sometime, setting down Eth speed on PC down to 10/10) for router to "swallow" new firmware via Tftpd32...

Hi, guys,

I too have a router TP-link archer C2 AC750 and I was able to compile an image using latest LEDE source. I have some experince with flashing, even with jtag, but I don't want to brick my router. Currently the device is running the latest firmware from EU (I am from Romania). The problem with it is that it randomly stops, sometimes upnp does not work, needs restart, and it has a limited manual dhcp and port forarding list. So I want to give a try to openwrt.

I read the instructions, but they are not very clear on how to flash for the first time. My questions are:

1) do I need to flash first the resque image by tftp? or I can flash a factory image directly in stock firmware upgrade dialogue?
2) if I set up tftp and the flash file and the IP to 192.168.0.66 and the speed of LAN to 10 MB/s, then when I start the router pressing WPS button the flash starts automatically, or I have to do something else? When should I release the WPS button?
3) Can someone provide a very detailed tutorial, evantually in the first post of this thread for flashing for the first time, with links to successful flashing files?

Kind regards.

Hi, again,

Actually, it was quite simple, i set up a linux tftp server and then followed the mentioned procedures and I got a nice openwrt firmware from zaccareal. However, I tried to copile one of my own firmwares compiled from lede source but failed. I am not conected to serial port so I don't know the error. I try now to compile the image using zaccareal git source and see what happens

Hi everyone.

Can someone confirm if this is possible with the C2 AC750 and OpenWRT (from #p367511[1]):
I wish to have:

• the 5GHz radio be a client to a WiFi access point (for internet access),

• the 2.4GHz radio be an access point in my apartment (for my WiFi devices)

• for the LAN ports (and the 2.4GHz WiFi) to be private network (no independent incoming traffic from the 5GHz radio)

I assume I can create the shared AP + STA (client) with [2].

But is the "private" network also do-able? I assume it's just DHCP and NAT netfilter rules, but am I correct?

Thanks!

[1] forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=367511#p367511
[2] wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/ap_sta

I'm trying to use repo in #251, but it gives this error whan I try to make menuconfig
Build dependency: Please install the Subversion client
while offical openwrt repo just makes thing (and it passes subversion client test)(while I have no idea how to set properly) happly.

reyo wrote:
uchihi6 wrote:
reyo wrote:

Hello, where can I find the wifi2.4g mac address when I flashed recovery/restore image with CH341A/SOIC8 which wrote over 0x007DF100 and 0x007DF200 to blank values? The mac address on the bottom of the router case is mac address of LAN...

(Last edited by luckyluky on 30 Jan 2018, 23:28)

What are the stock firmware versions that people have upgraded from to OpenWRT via the TFTP method?
I am on one of the older firmware versions (151022 and EU by the look of it), but the TFTP method has failed for me (and I have tried just about every possible way to do it) with a timeout error and I am wonder if upgrading to a newer version would help or should I try flashing via the web interface as per post 86?

(Last edited by NamesAreAPain on 1 Feb 2018, 02:58)