OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer C2 AC750 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Is these 2 symbols "ap" in 5ghz .ko driver means that it support only ap mode ?

Did anyone have a similar installation problem?

opkg update && opkg install kmod-fs-ext4
Downloading  ... ackages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_base.
Downloading ckages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Downloading ackages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_kernel.
Downloading ckages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Installing kmod-fs-ext4 (4.4.14-1) to root...
Downloading ramips.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-ext4:
* kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) * kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) * kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.
kafarowski wrote:

Did anyone have a similar installation problem?

opkg update && opkg install kmod-fs-ext4
Downloading  ... ackages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_base.
Downloading ckages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Downloading ackages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_kernel.
Downloading ckages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Installing kmod-fs-ext4 (4.4.14-1) to root...
Downloading ramips.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-ext4:
* kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) * kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) * kernel (= 4.4.14-1-5616196ae8f3aaba70ef256bd4ea1ce1) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.

Unfortunately this module for kernel 4.4.14-1, you can manually compile this kernel or compile ext4 module for your existing kernel

norulez.nikita wrote:

Take a look at the Makefile for that driver code. It appears that the client functionality is not compiled in:

#AP-Client support, default y
CONFIG_MT7610_AP_APCLI=n

hello,

could someone please compile within client support and post it here?
i don't have much traffic left, maybe next month i can try too. but for internet connection i would need 5ghz sta. smile

thanks

dob71 wrote:
norulez.nikita wrote:

Take a look at the Makefile for that driver code. It appears that the client functionality is not compiled in:

#AP-Client support, default y
CONFIG_MT7610_AP_APCLI=n

Ok, i compiled driver with sta and wds options:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7a5wejdjmdcl … ar.gz?dl=0
Installation is same as previous compiled driver by yoq.
Wireless config file located at /etc/Wireless/iNIC/iNIC_ap.dat

How to configure STA mode after driver installation:
1)Load our driver:

insmod /mt7610_ap.ko

2)Bring up rai0 interface. It allows us to bring up apclii0 interface (for STA mode). Then bring up apclii0 interface:

ifconfig rai0 up
ifconfig apclii0 up

3)Let's configure new connection to needed gateway. We must configure apclii0 interface:

iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliEnable=0 
iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliAuthMode=WPA2PSK 
iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliEncrypType=AES
iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliSsid="YourSSID"
iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliWPAPSK=YourPassword
iwpriv apclii0 set ApCliEnable=1 

This example for WPA2PSK Auth Mode with AES Encryption (I think it's best way to secure home network). You can also configure another Auth methods and another encryption protocols. First we disabling apclii0 interface for configuring, then we enabling it for use with our settings.
4)After these 3 steps the router will connect to our gateway. you can check it with  iwconfig apclii0:

root@Bridge_Kitchen:~# iwconfig apclii0
apclii0   RTWIFI SoftAP  ESSID:"Bogoslovskie (5Ghz)"
          Mode:Managed  Channel=36  Access Point: 70:4D:7B:15:66:CC
          Bit Rate=65 Mb/s

5)Now we need to link our apclii0 with network interface to configure dhcp client or static connection.
Create wwan interface int /etc/config/network (you can give it any name you like):

config interface 'wwan'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option ifname 'apclii0'

Restart your network (/etc/init.d/network restart) and you will see working connection in ifconfig smile
You can make relayd pseudobridge to prevent double nat in your network. See this page: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient
6)Now we gonna apply everything at startup. Just add all the above to /etc/rc.local file.
Remember that rai0 interface is organizing wifi network, after configure apclii0 take down rai0 interface if you want client mode only:

ifconfig rai0 down

(Last edited by norulez.nikita on 12 May 2017, 16:23)

--------i was wrong !!!-----------
hello, thank you for compiling norulez.nikita .
could you please upload again? i can download but i can't decompress your todays file.

thanks

----i was wrong !!! -----

(Last edited by neubau on 12 May 2017, 18:00)

For Archer C2 can an extroot be done on this firmware?

root@OpenWrt:/etc/uci-defaults# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 4.4.14 #9 Sat Dec 24 10:40:21 UTC 2016 mips GNU/Linux

sorry again,
i think your file was and is right. my zip-programm was stupid.

neubau wrote:

sorry again,
i think your file was and is right. my zip-programm was stupid.

It's OK, you dont have to apologize. Happy making WiFi to Switch Bridge or WDS smile

hey guys, is there any stable useful build? i see that you all try make something cool but i have no much time to read the whole forum.

pszichedelikus wrote:

hey guys, is there any stable useful build? i see that you all try make something cool but i have no much time to read the whole forum.

Of course! But you can't flash it via WebUI. You can flash recovery image via tftp method described at post #124 or flash sysupgrade image via serial kermit method described at post #199. Both firmware files links you can found at post #124. After flashing you need to install 5ghz driver manually by yourself. How to do it and configuring connection you can found at post #117, driver download link at post #124. If you want configure 5ghz network to client mode, install sta-compiled driver and follow my description at post #206. Have a good day!

(Last edited by norulez.nikita on 14 May 2017, 16:26)

norulez.nikita wrote:
pszichedelikus wrote:

Of course! But you can't flash it via WebUI. You can flash recovery image via tftp method described at post #124 or flash sysupgrade image via serial kermit method described at post #199. Both firmware files links you can found at post #124. After flashing you need to install 5ghz driver manually by yourself. How to do it and configuring connection you can found at post #117, driver download link at post #124. If you want configure 5ghz network to client mode, install sta-compiled driver and follow my description at post #206. Have a good day!

many thanks. i will check these. btw why this hardware not supported by official WRT/LEDE? as i see there are a few similar/weaker devices with the same chips and those have support.

I bricked my archer c2, i bought the usb uart, but the putty shows nothing. i think i'm putting the cables and baud wrong.
Anyone can help me? When i turn it on, the internet led, turn on, and turn off in seconds and the power led still on

So what do I need to restore a bricked ARCHER C2  (bricked beyond SFTP repair) ?
Can you share a link to all the stuff I need ?

(Last edited by viciuascuns on 18 May 2017, 09:10)

viciuascuns wrote:

So what do I need to restore a bricked ARCHER C2  (bricked beyond SFTP repair) ?
Can you share a link to all the stuff I need ?

To unbrick your router, follow instruction under post 198, but flash sysupgrade image, not tftp image

(Last edited by norulez.nikita on 18 May 2017, 17:20)

Already did that, and it bricked. Can't flash using TFTP anymore.
I was asking for the professional solution big_smile.
What cables do I need ? Is there a procedure somewhere ?

(Last edited by viciuascuns on 19 May 2017, 04:36)

viciuascuns wrote:

Already did that, and it bricked. Can't flash using TFTP anymore.
I was asking for the professional solution big_smile.
What cables do I need ? Is there a procedure somewhere ?

You don't need tftp, use kermit serial method. What do you need ? Usb to ttl converter (like this: http://s.aliexpress.com/AzIrY3aQ ),  dupont cables ( http://s.aliexpress.com/Z7vQzEvI ) and pins for solder it in router's serial interface. After soldering, connect usb to ttl to serial like it showing in this pinout:

ethernet ← VCC GND TxD RxD → Leds

After this follow post 198. You dont need tftp

Bit there are one mistake in that post:

cp.b 0x82020000 0x20000 0x7a0000

Don't use 0x82020000 memory address cause you upload image at 0x82000000 in that guide

cp.b 0x82000000 0x20000 0x7a0000

And flash sysupgrade firmware

(Last edited by norulez.nikita on 19 May 2017, 07:20)

norulez.nikita wrote:

Bit there are one mistake in that post:

cp.b 0x82020000 0x20000 0x7a0000

Don't use 0x82020000 memory address cause you upload image at 0x82000000 in that guide

cp.b 0x82000000 0x20000 0x7a0000

And flash sysupgrade firmware

That is not a mistake. If the recovery firmware image (as the post instructs) is loaded to the address 0x82000000 in memory then write from 0x82020000 to offset 0x20000 in the flash.
If the sysupgrade image is loaded to 0x82000000 then write from 0x82000000 to 0x20000.

The reason is that the first 0x20000 bytes of the recovery image contain the bootloader, while the sysupgrade image doesn't have it.

As for recovering the bricked AP, if it is bricked because the bootloader is corrupt (might happen quite easily if you use the TFTP method and power cycle the AP after erasing the flash but before it writes the bootloader) then the only way to recover is to use an external flasher (see "Recovering from a bad flash" here h_ttps://pwassi.privatedns.org/lede/archerc20i/#factory).

My mistake, thanks!

hello nikita,
could you please check your file (STA) again. after 3 week without internet. i can't decompress the file: error.
also upload(restore backup) to the router ends in:

root@LEDE:/etc/config# insmod /mt7610_ap.ko
Failed to find mt7610_ap. Maybe it is a built in module ?

thank you for uploading again

----update: stuffit expander could extract it. all other failed-----

(Last edited by neubau on 31 May 2017, 16:50)

neubau wrote:

hello nikita,
could you please check your file (STA) again. after 3 week without internet. i can't decompress the file: error.
also upload(restore backup) to the router ends in:

root@LEDE:/etc/config# insmod /mt7610_ap.ko
Failed to find mt7610_ap. Maybe it is a built in module ?

thank you for uploading again

----update: stuffit expander could extract it. all other failed-----

Hello neubau! I reuploaded 5ghz module in rar compression, maybe its help you smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkvb3s3mqc1la2g/5ghz.rar?dl=0

thank you,
after i unbrick my router, i will post a summary and collection of (your and other) files and maybe update the wiki;
if you don't disallow this.

greatings

neubau wrote:

thank you,
after i unbrick my router, i will post a summary and collection of (your and other) files and maybe update the wiki;
if you don't disallow this.

greatings

Wow, my sta-compiled module and guide in official wiki. Sounds impressive!