OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Files and install instructions for HooToo HT-TM02 and HT-TM04(RT5350)

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

[[SOLVED]] - via reset button
Thanks a lot for the quick and thorough response. I guess I did not use the reset button correctly because this morning I asked a coworker (who also has the HooToo with OpenWRT) and he had a similar issue. What I did yesterday was press and hold the reset button during boot, which apparently brings us to that TFTP interface. What my coworker suggested was to press and hold (~30s worked but I don't know the minimum time to hold it) while the device was turned on. When I released the reset button it booted and seemed to bring the config back to a fresh-install state. I logged into the router via ethernet port at 192.168.1.1 and it gave me the LuCI interface and the "no password set" warning.

Thanks again for the quick response and now I know what I need to do if I lock myself out a little worse than I did this time smile.

HooTooJunkie wrote:

Hi, I managed to be locked-out in a similar manner, but was able to "reset" it by getting into the serial console and enter the firstboot command, then reboot

That's really the easiest way, other than reprogramming the flash chip, manually.

If you already tried TFTP you most likely already know how to access it's serial console.
If not...
You'll need to attach a USB to TTL Serial cable to the built-in serial console connector pins on the board to do it.

wingspinner explains where to get, and how to connect this cable to it, earlier in this thread.

I used the new Prolific chip cable, and driver, http://www.adafruit.com/products/954
but there's another cable, that's a bit more expensive. (FTDI cable) sold at adafruit or other places too.

Check it out at this link.
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBon … ug_Cables.

You'll also need Putty if you're using it with a Windows PC, to access the cable after installing the cables driver.

If you use Linux, the driver is built-in, but I don't know much about using Linux and if Putty is needed too, or if that or another method is also built-in to that OS, to access the USB to TTL serial cable.

There's also eBay, and China sellers smile
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=U … 1654562217

I wouldn't be surprised if adafruit gets them form china, and resells them at a higher cost in America. wink

The cable does look similar to the adafruit product.

I opened my adafruit cable, blue plastic end, and saw it actually has many more connection options than just the ones brought-out onto the cable connector wires.
So, for me, I was happier I got that one.

aj1x wrote:

Hi everyone. I need some help with my TM02. I am pretty sure I accidentally disabled all interfaces to enable on boot and now naturally I cannot access the device at all. I tried using the reset button to enter some form of failsafe mode and tried to tftp from 10.10.10.3 as wingspinner suggested, but the TM02 didn't respond at all.

I am at a complete loss for how to un-jack this mess. Can someone help me? I just need to be able to talk to it some how. I am comfortable enough with command line to get it back if I can just talk to it, but would prefer to un-jack it using LuCI (which, admittedly is how I got into this mess).

Thanks so much for everyone's help!

Just wanted to add some more info that might be useful. I don't think it is wholly bricked because it does present my wireless network and let's me join (kind of... the connection keeps resetting).

wingspinner wrote:
hiperco wrote:

Using the hardware referenced in your first post (Tumpa programmer and 8 pin in circuit adapter) with flashrom.  Unable to  detect chip.  An o scope shows clear signs of signal contention on Chip select etc.  I tried with the Tumpa powering the chip through the 8 pin adapter, the HooToo powering the chip, and (in desperation) with both powering the chip.   I removed the chip and read and programmed it without issue. 

So, how did you make it work in circuit?  Do you hold the processor in reset somehow?

It never occurred to me that anyone would try to connect a powered up external programmer to a powered-up running system at the same time... Obviously, that's not going to work. Only one device can drive the FLASH chip at a time and since you want the programmer to be doing the driving that should be the only device where power and signals are coming from.

You missed part of what I said.  The "both powering" mode was an act of desperation, since it doesn't work regardless of where the power to the IC was applied (but since you stated ICP was possible but gave no details, I gave the "bother powering" mode a try as well). 

Based on my observations, I have to conclude that the flash chip on this HooToo can NOT be reliably programmed in-circuit (if at all).

Would your build work for a NEXX WT1520? It looks to have similar specs other than dual ethernet for the WT1520...

I'm new to this and little stuck, any pointers would be great.

I carried out a system upgrade and all seemed Ok.

Then I tryed to install Luci using the Luci Essentials

When running

opkg update

I get:

wget: bad address 'downloads.openwrt.org'

So I changed etc/opkg.conf to

dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
src/gz chaos_calmer_base http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/base
src/gz chaos_calmer_luci http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/luci
src/gz chaos_calmer_management http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/management
src/gz chaos_calmer_packages http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/packages
src/gz chaos_calmer_routing http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/routing
src/gz chaos_calmer_telephony http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/telephony
# src/gz chaos_calmer_targets http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/packages/targets

I still get

wget: bad address 'downloads.openwrt.org'

It looks as though I am getting an internet connection wired from the HooToo to the router

root@OpenWrt:~# ifconfig -a
br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:19:90:67
          inet addr:192.168.1.10  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::21c:c2ff:fe19:9067/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:7213 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1723 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1429685 (1.3 MiB)  TX bytes:266032 (259.7 KiB)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:19:90:67
          RX packets:8710 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1664 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:2060274 (1.9 MiB)  TX bytes:261123 (255.0 KiB)
          Interrupt:5

eth0.1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:19:90:67
          inet6 addr: fe80::21c:c2ff:fe19:9067/64 Scope:Link
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1861 (1.8 KiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:10992 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:10992 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:747456 (729.9 KiB)  TX bytes:747456 (729.9 KiB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:19:90:66
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

I just need to get Luci up and running and should then be fine. The offline install looks complicated and I can't even find the files!

My etc/config/ network looks like this:

config interface 'loopback'
    option ifname 'lo'
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
    option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
    option ula_prefix 'fded:9f3b:ba70::/48'

config interface lan
        option 'ifname' 'eth0'
        option 'type' 'bridge'
        option 'proto' 'static'
        option 'ipaddr' '192.168.1.10'
        option 'netmask' '255.255.255.0'

config switch
    option name 'switch0'
    option reset '1'
    option enable_vlan '0'

My router is 192.168.1.1

Thanks

(Last edited by vinnie.king on 10 Apr 2015, 21:43)

Welcome to the world of OpenWRT!  Nice when it works, but the networking can be very mysterious, especially when it doesn't work!  Below I've pasted what I believe to be the default configs (3 files: wireless, network, dhcp) for the HooToo when first flashed with OpenWRT.  Compare these to yours to see if any changes have occurred, and if changing them help!

wireless:

config wifi-device  radio0
        option type     mac80211
        option channel  11
        option hwmode   11g
        option path     '10180000.wmac'
        option htmode   HT20
        # REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
        option disabled 1

config wifi-iface
        option device   radio0
        option network  lan
        option mode     ap
        option ssid     OpenWrt
        option encryption none

network:

option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fd1f:87a1:b98c::/48'

config interface 'lan'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option force_link '1'
        option macaddr '02:1c:c2:1b:2e:9f'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '1'
        option ports '4 6t'

dhcp:

config dnsmasq
        option domainneeded '1'
        option boguspriv '1'
        option filterwin2k '0'
        option localise_queries '1'
        option rebind_protection '1'
        option rebind_localhost '1'
        option local '/lan/'
        option domain 'lan'
        option expandhosts '1'
        option nonegcache '0'
        option authoritative '1'
        option readethers '1'
        option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases'
        option resolvfile '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto'

config dhcp 'lan'
        option interface 'lan'
        option start '100'
        option limit '150'
        option leasetime '12h'
        option dhcpv6 'server'
        option ra 'server'

config dhcp 'wan'
        option interface 'wan'
        option ignore '1'

config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
        option maindhcp '0'
        option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd'
        option leasetrigger '/usr/sbin/odhcpd-update'

Maybe we we'll get there one day wink wink wink wink

I had a similar problem getting a WiFi dongle working with a new Raspberry Pi2 last week, and kept this in the background.

The problems are related though as I was hoping to get the HooToo setup with a USB drive so as the Pi could run Kodi and connect to the drive on the HooToo (somehow wink).

The Pi is sorted, had to load drivers in to it from the net and use putty to install them, I'm halfway there!!

That's why I posted, got no more options.....

(Last edited by vinnie.king on 10 Apr 2015, 22:34)

Thank you for that, will give it a go one the weekend smile.

hiperco wrote:

Welcome to the world of OpenWRT!  Nice when it works, but the networking can be very mysterious, especially when it doesn't work!  Below I've pasted what I believe to be the default configs (3 files: wireless, network, dhcp) for the HooToo when first flashed with OpenWRT.  Compare these to yours to see if any changes have occurred, and if changing them help!

wireless:

option type     mac80211
        option channel  11
        option hwmode   11g
        option htmode   HT20
        # REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
        option disabled 1

config wifi-iface
        option device   radio0
        option network  lan
        option mode     ap
        option ssid     OpenWrt
        option encryption none

network:

option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fd1f:87a1:b98c::/48'

config interface 'lan'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option force_link '1'
        option macaddr '02:1c:c2:1b:2e:9f'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option ip6assign '60'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '1'
        option ports '4 6t'

dhcp:

config dnsmasq
        option domainneeded '1'
        option boguspriv '1'
        option filterwin2k '0'
        option local '/lan/'
        option domain 'lan'
        option expandhosts '1'
        option nonegcache '0'
        option authoritative '1'
        option readethers '1'

config dhcp 'lan'
        option interface 'lan'
        option start '100'
        option limit '150'
        option leasetime '12h'
        option dhcpv6 'server'
        option ra 'server'

config dhcp 'wan'
        option interface 'wan'
        option ignore '1'

config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
        option maindhcp '0'

Vinnie, to run your HooToo as a static IP device on an existing LAN, you need to identify your main router (usually 192.168.1.1) in as the gateway and DNS server in /etc/config/network under lan.  Otherwise the device cannot look up names or get on the Internet.

config interface 'lan'
option gateway '192.168.1.1'
option dns '192.168.1.1'

Reboot or "/etc/init.d/network restart" to make the new settings effective.
Then try

root@OpenWRT:~# ping download.openwrt.org
PING download.openwrt.org (78.24.191.177): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 78.24.191.177: seq=0 ttl=47 time=495.039 ms
64 bytes from 78.24.191.177: seq=1 ttl=47 time=490.100 ms

(Last edited by mk24 on 10 Apr 2015, 23:30)

Yes! I can connect now and am installing Luci smile

option dns '192.168.1.1'

Those two lines made everything work, thanks for your replies.

Time too have a play.

smile

Hi guys,
i need your help, i made a little mess on my trip mate and now i am not able to reach Luci Page anymore.
While i was setting up wrt, under lan settings i switched wrongly ip protocol from static to dhcp, now i cannot reach luci via default address (192.168.1.1) and the reset button on the tripmate doesen't seem to do anything.
How can i Restore default settings?

Thanks for the support!

HT-TM03 works with r44945-factory-ws !!!

Install: Don't use an USB-Stick use a micro SD-card instead!

The TM-03 has the same Hardwarebase as TM02 and TM04 and additionally a 3000mAh Lion battery and
a micro SD-card reader.
An USB-stick will be mounted at /data/UsbDisk2/Volume1/ so the Loader will fail.
The micro SD-card will be mounted at /data/USBDisk1/Volume1/ and it works.
I had to manually restart after flashing.

Openwrt works like a charm. LEDs are working right out of the box and I checked lan, wlan-client and wlan-ap.
Thnx very much wingspinner this is now the smallest and smartest mobile router I saw.

Best regards

Anyone able to mount a USB hard drive?

I have tried a couple. Tried various formats (ext4, FAT32), and partitions but cannot mount for Samba.

With a USB stick, no probs, mounts straight away and is available on the network. All the relevant openwrt modules that I could find have been loaded.

Was thinking that it may have been a power issue, but isn't this what the HooToo was designed for?

smile

Hi vinnie
I'm able to mount and view my 2.5 inch Western Digital 1TB SATA with the original HooToo TM02 firmware, using a USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter, and the original HooToo iPad App.

I don't seem to have an iPad App to see if it shows under the OpenWRT firmware file.

I do know you do need a power supply that can support powering both the Nano router, AND the Hard Drive, or it may not spin-up.

You can use an iPad (or iPhone) USB charger/adapter for this, or a USB external battery power bank that gives around 2 amps output current.

By the way...when you're using the OpenWRT firmware, what App are you using to access the hard drive files? (Or what video player) and what device?

I'm trying to find one I can use with the OpenWRT, when I use my iPad with it.
The original HooToo App obviously doesn't see the router when OpenWRT is on it. smile

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 26 Apr 2015, 16:29)

HooTooJunkie wrote:

By the way...when you're using the OpenWRT firmware, what App are you using to access the hard drive files? (Or what video player) and what device?

Hiya,

I'm using SAMBA share, there is a good tutorial here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/usb … binterface

All the PCs, android tablets and mobiles, and the Raspberry Pi using Kodi can see the shared USB pen drive. Androids need any file explorer app that connects to a network share.

That is the beauty of a NAS setup, you do need to install a third party app. Sorry I don't know about Ipads.

Hi

I am a complete noob. I have installed this openwrt with the luci packaged (44945 build) and managed to set up my tm-02 to broadcast a wireless access point using its ethernet connection to my main router for internet access.

I installed because I want to try to get VPN support but most importantly to have greater control over USB hard drive sharing. I want to use HFS+ formatted drives but when I try to install the relevant kmod package it gives me a kernel dependency error. I understand this means that my kernel build is older than required; Could someone tell me what I need to do in order to satisfy the dependencies?

My package sources are from the 'generic' folder from the downloads.openwrt.org site.

Unfortunately, since there is no stable release including the TM-02, working with snapshots means that the kernel packages on the official server become outdated the next day. 

The best way around this is to build at home.  Alternatively you can flash the most recent snapshot and install everything you need the same day, or download the "image builder" tarball which includes all the packages and make new images, or place the packages on your local server and point opkg.config at it.

mk24 wrote:

Unfortunately, since there is no stable release including the TM-02, working with snapshots means that the kernel packages on the official server become outdated the next day. 

The best way around this is to build at home.  Alternatively you can flash the most recent snapshot and install everything you need the same day, or download the "image builder" tarball which includes all the packages and make new images, or place the packages on your local server and point opkg.config at it.

Thank you for your quick reply.

So are you suggesting that if I were to download all of the packages from the github linked in the first post and host these on an ftp or http server, then edit my configuration to use those as the source, they shouldn't have a problem in terms of having an out of date kernel?

mk24 wrote:

@Mk24
Yes..that's what I was going to try, too.
I downloaded wingspinners newest zip (300 MB) of all packages when he made the latest OpenWRT firmware, from his GitHub site.

Is it as easy as simply changing all the paths in the LuCI opkg.config to point to the hard drive files directory?

If I decide use the image-builder tarball, do I need to use a Linux OS with it?
I have FatDog64 on a bootable USB stick, if needed.

Also...have you seen my other question?... at...
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 59#p273959
Regarding your IP Camera project with the TM02

If you're running an external drive, you can just copy the package tree to that drive and make a link in your router's /www directory to it.  Configure the opkg to point to localhost/packages or whatever you named the link.  Then your router is its own package server.  It can also of course serve to others on your LAN.

If you want to pack up a new image with imagebuilder you need x86-64 Linux to run the programs that compress everything into your squashfs ready to flash.  If you just want to host the packages you don't.

As for the IP camera project that sort of lost momentum after Foscam cut the price of their 9803 to where it makes sense to just buy those instead of trying to cobble my own outdoor HD cams out of a router and Logitech USB cam and some sort of weatherproof box.  A script on an OpenWRT HooToo is grabbing still pictures periodically from the camera and storing them on a USB flash though.

* I don't like the Foscam proprietary firmware much but if you treat the camera as just a dumb light-to-JPEG converting machine it does a good job for the price.

(Last edited by mk24 on 27 Apr 2015, 22:59)

I had it all working with accessing the internet from my ISP's HotSpot WiFi and even updated to the older sysupgrade of r42649

Then I used LuCI to put the latest trunk image of sysupgrade r44945
...downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/generic/openwrt-ramips-rt305x-ht-tm02-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

And now, not only isn't LuCI there to install the packages, but I have no internet access again, PLUS even the serial console is stuck only showing a prompt of ...

root@OpenWrt:/#

And any command or key I try gives me ...

/bin/ash: not found

I checked my network status on my windows network and it's still connected to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.246 but even the Ethernet isn't going to the LuCI console so I can't do anything at all..!

What the hell happened??
How does the OpenWRT 'powers that be' cripple the sysupgrade file in the trunk so badly that it's lacking everything needed to continue installing packages or even use the serial console.

I had a feeling I should have left the other one in there and not tried upgrading to the r44945 file, when it's just 3MB and the older saysupgrade was 4.8 MB

Can anyone tell me what I can do?
I don't know what my commands are, or how to get a help listing of them.
The questionmark or the 'help' doesn't show any...and gives me the 'not found' line.

If I can put back the original HooToo firmware, or put back the older sysupgrade r42649 file,
can that be done?

...EDITED...

I connected the TM02 Ethernet to my home routers Ethernet, just to test stuff.

Now the serial console shows a full boot sequence, so go figure what happened before...
But I'm still trying to figure-out how to change the config file to alter the downloads path to add the /GENERIC/ to it...

But I'm getting permission denied when I try typing etc/config/ network

Needless-to-say... I don't know how to alter the config file, or how to view it.
I'm trying to do what vinnie.king did, showing from what he typed in his post before.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 86#p271986

Even typing etc/opkg.conf says ...permission denied
But I'm able to see the listing when I type ifconfig -a at the prompt ... root@OpenWrt:~#
Only ...my prompt doesn't have the extra ~
All it shows is...
root@OpenWrt:/#

...there's a / in place of the ~

Anyway...it's all these stupid characters and the syntax of their use that's confusing me.
How do I stop the permission denied, and how do I list the config, and change it, then save it?

root@OpenWrt:/# etc/opkg.conf
/bin/ash: etc/opkg.conf: Permission denied

root@OpenWrt:/# etc/config/ network
/bin/ash: etc/config/: Permission denied

root@OpenWrt:/# ifconfig -a
br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:67
          inet addr:192.168.1.1  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::21c:c2ff:fe13:5867/64 Scope:Link
          inet6 addr: fdbd:ed17:485a::1/60 Scope:Global
          RX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:57 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:840 (840.0 B)  TX bytes:6102 (5.9 KiB)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:67
          RX packets:169 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:46 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:58375 (57.0 KiB)  TX bytes:6121 (5.9 KiB)

eth0.1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:67
          TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1861 (1.8 KiB)

RX packets:1296 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1296 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:87984 (85.9 KiB)  TX bytes:87984 (85.9 KiB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:66

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 28 Apr 2015, 13:21)

You need a primer on the Linux command line, which is beyond the scope of this forum.  But basically it is the same traditional Linux/UNIX command line that has been standard on big machines for decades.

To edit a file, you need to invoke an editor program then the name of the file.  The only editor on stock OpenWRT is the rather cryptic "vi". 

vi /etc/config/network
use arrow keys to move cursor to the spot you want to edit
hit 'i' key then type new text or backspace to erase text
hit esc ':' 'w' 'q' to save file and quit.

Once you get packages working install an easier to use editor like nano.

The characters between "OpenWRT" and the # are the directory you are in.  ~ is an alias for your home directory /home/root.  Not much goes on there in OpenWRT.

O.K.
I was able to edit the network config, but I must have changed something because I don't see any activity on eth0 and no br-LAN shows now ... it had activity packets showing before on both smile

I know...newbie screwup hmm

Here's the code... does something look like it's missing, or there when it shouldn't be?

root@OpenWrt:/# ifconfig -a

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:67
          TX packets:9 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1815 (1.7 KiB)

eth0.1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:67
          TX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1043 (1.0 KiB)

RX packets:48 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:48 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3264 (3.1 KiB)  TX bytes:3264 (3.1 KiB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1C:C2:13:58:66

------

wireless:

option type     mac80211
        option channel  11
        option hwmode   11g
        option htmode   HT20

option type     mac80211
        option channel  11
        option hwmode   11g
        option htmode   HT20

network:

option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fd79:7d4a:8e31::/48'

config interface 'lan'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option force_link '1'
        option macaddr '00:1c:c2:13:58:67'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option ip6assign '60'
        option dns '192.168.1.1'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '0'

dhcp:

config dnsmasq
        option domainneeded '1'
        option boguspriv '1'
        option filterwin2k '0'
        option local '/lan/'
        option domain 'lan'
        option expandhosts '1'
        option nonegcache '0'
        option authoritative '1'
        option readethers '1'

config dhcp 'lan'
        option interface 'lan'
        option start '100'
        option limit '150'
        option leasetime '12h'
        option dhcpv6 'server'
        option ra 'server'

config dhcp 'wan'
        option interface 'wan'
        option ignore '1'

config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
        option maindhcp '0'

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 28 Apr 2015, 21:10)

You have configured the switch to not use VLANS.  So you should put lan on eth0 and forget eth0.1, it doesn't really exist.

Also your router's address needs to be 192.168.( something other than 1) because your main router has address 1.

Oh crap...!

I got it connecting to the internet..!! smile

I changed the 192.168.1.1 ipaddr to my router 192.168.200.x instead, as...192.168.200.8
And the gateway and dns to 192.168.200.1

Now the Ping test works.
Hopefully, I'll figure out how to install the luci stuff at least.

Then I can change it back to 192.168.1.1 when I'm not directly connected to my home routers Ethernet port.

Thanks for being patient with me. big_smile

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 28 Apr 2015, 22:23)

First, thanks again to Wingspinner and others. I am using my TM02 to serve up my ext4 formatted portable hard drive which contains my videos, music, etc to my Android devices through nfs. Kodi has native nfs support on Android. No root is required. The TM02 is connected to a Rav Power battery pack.

I wanted to add a UPnP service to my TM02. There are hardware devices such as the Sangean WFR-28 that support UPnP. In addition, there are Android UPnP clients that will play music in the background like UPnPlay (Kodi doesn't work in the background on Android).

I installed minidlna. In order to get to to work, I had to do the following

• Create a 64Mb swap file on the ext4 formatted portable hard drive connected to the TM02 and enable it.

1. mkdir /PathToHardDrive/HooToo

2. dd if=/dev/zero of=/PathToHardDrive/HooToo/swapfile bs=1024 count=65536

3. mkswap /PathToHardDrive/HooToo/swapfile

4. Add the following lines to /etc/config/fstab

• config swap

• option enabled '1'

• option device '/PathToHardDrive/HooToo/swapfile'

• modify the following /etc/config/minidlna lines to put the  minidlna database and log file on the hard drive

• option db_dir '/PathToHardDrive/HooToo'

• option log_dir '/PathToHardDrive/HooToo'

• option inotify '0'

• list media_dir 'A,/PathToHardDrive/PathToMp3s'

• Build the minidlna database /PathToHardDrive/HooToo/files.db on a Linux PC with minidlna 1.1.4.

• Ensure the PC portable hard drive mount point is  the exactly the same as the TM02 hard drive mount point. Otherwise, the minidlna on the TM02 will delete and rescan the database you generated on the PC since the paths don't match

The key to this is to build the minidlna database, files.db on a Linux PC. The TM02 does not have the memory to build the minidlna database - especially if you have over 5,000 mp3s. However, once the  database is built, the TM02 can easily support minidlna UPnP listing and streaming.