OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Netgear R8000 support?

The content of this topic has been archived between 23 Mar 2018 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Dear Developers,

Have you got any stable OpenWrt build for R8000 we as a regular users can load?
Thanks a lot for your help as I still have a lot of issues with DD-WRT and hope some of the were addressed in OpenWrt build

My Best Regards and Thanks

gennadiv wrote:

Dear Developers,

Have you got any stable OpenWrt build for R8000 we as a regular users can load?
Thanks a lot for your help as I still have a lot of issues with DD-WRT and hope some of the were addressed in OpenWrt build

My Best Regards and Thanks

Agreed, DD-WRT on the R8000 is horrible, had to go back to stock.

@ developers, Openwrt would be great. I became immersed in Openwrt for the WRT1900AC and it's awesome!

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 8 Jun 2015, 20:34)

Seems to have gone quiet on the development front? Any more progress on this Raven/muleman/zajec?

Recently I discovered my Netgear R6250 has not port 5 connected to eth0 but also port 7 connected to eth1. So there is a chance R6250 uses the same hardware setup and there is port 8 connected to eth2. I was playing with it for a bit, unfortunately I wasn't able to get it working. Not sure if it was because port 8 being not connected, or if I indeed hit the same issue you do with R8000.

I'll do few more tests, most likely over the weekend. I'll also try my other bcm53xx device that also may be ports 7 and 8 connected.

RobertRollie wrote:

Seems to have gone quiet on the development front? Any more progress on this Raven/muleman/zajec?

Mostly, there's work to be done on nvram handling to send configuration to the wireless.
I'm not sure what to do about that so I'm waiting to see if someone makes progress on it.

There's the switch configuration port usage which has become a hassle although it can be made to work.

I also noticed that iwinfo (and probably iw but I didn't look at that) doesn't return needed information about the wireless devices so
there's no status information about the wireless devices pretty much at all.

It's kinda hard to work out where to look to check what's going on with that and I haven't devoted any time to it in a while now.

The wireless does seem to function though.

Ian

raven-au wrote:

Mostly, there's work to be done on nvram handling to send configuration to the wireless.
I'm not sure what to do about that so I'm waiting to see if someone makes progress on it.

I think you missed https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/45931/

Zajec wrote:
raven-au wrote:

I think you missed https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/45931/

I did, I'll need to catch up with what's happening.

Anyone looked at the patch for handling the PEX8603 I posted some time ago?
Without it the device map is a bit of a mess and it stands alone IIRC.

Is anyone still working on this?

RobertRollie wrote:

Is anyone still working on this?

A little, I haven't yet been able to get time to complete updating my simple patches and build an image (as I said I need to do in the comment above).

Hopefully this weekend.
Ian

@ raven-au

That's awesome news !

Another image for DD-WRT was posted July 5 on "OpenRouter" by Tathagata, if anyone is interested. I haven't tried it yet, waiting for feedback on the forums, it has been downloaded 90 times so far though.

I would much prefer OpenWrt..................

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 9 Jul 2015, 15:47)

@ mojolacerator

I have used the Tathagata DD-WRT 27XX build.

As with all DD-WRT Builds for the R8000 there are extensive problems with the Radio Settings, especially the second 5Ghz radio.  The Tathagata build is much worse for radio management and essentially makes the 5Ghz radios useless.

I have been using the R8000 as an access point behind another router acting as edge gateway.  R8000 is strictly a LAN AP.  Having the Radios work as designed is crucial.  When the stock firmware from Netgear is loaded the Radios are awesome.  My coverage and throughput has increased by 10 times my previous "N" based AP.  In places where I was getting 20 Mbps I am getting 200 Mbps.  With "AC" 2 X 2 MIMO I can see nearly 600 Mbps throughput from device to device.  I do not have any 3 X 3 devices so I can't say what they might be capable of.  Most client devices are using 2 X 2 still and do not have a 3rd antenna.  Maximum connection throughput for 2 X 2 VHT is 867 Mbps.

Unfortunately the Netgear stock firmware sucks for anything else.  I cannot segment Guest network to VLAN's and provide separate DHCP per VLAN running on edge router.  I can do this on the DD-WRT Builds as long as I do not use the WAN port as the VLAN trunk.  Some Quirky issue with VLAN trunking on WAN Port.  Kong was looking into this.

The DD-WRT builds have been stable and functional except for the Radio management and the VLAN trunking on WAN Port and several quirky Web GUI issues.

I would love to see OpenWrt on this device as well.  It would seem the underlying H/W especially the WiFi radios are pretty awesome, when tweaked and optimized.  It also seems that OpenWrt and DD-WRT have great options for the network capabilities.

Hopefully we can get a fully optimized OpenWrt system that has awesome core network capabilities as well as awesome radio optimization.

tal69 wrote:

@ mojolacerator

I have used the Tathagata DD-WRT 27XX build.

As with all DD-WRT Builds for the R8000 there are extensive problems with the Radio Settings, especially the second 5Ghz radio.  The Tathagata build is much worse for radio management and essentially makes the 5Ghz radios useless.

I have been using the R8000 as an access point behind another router acting as edge gateway.  R8000 is strictly a LAN AP.  Having the Radios work as designed is crucial.  When the stock firmware from Netgear is loaded the Radios are awesome.  My coverage and throughput has increased by 10 times my previous "N" based AP.  In places where I was getting 20 Mbps I am getting 200 Mbps.  With "AC" 2 X 2 MIMO I can see nearly 600 Mbps throughput from device to device.  I do not have any 3 X 3 devices so I can't say what they might be capable of.  Most client devices are using 2 X 2 still and do not have a 3rd antenna.  Maximum connection throughput for 2 X 2 VHT is 867 Mbps.

Unfortunately the Netgear stock firmware sucks for anything else.  I cannot segment Guest network to VLAN's and provide separate DHCP per VLAN running on edge router.  I can do this on the DD-WRT Builds as long as I do not use the WAN port as the VLAN trunk.  Some Quirky issue with VLAN trunking on WAN Port.  Kong was looking into this.

The DD-WRT builds have been stable and functional except for the Radio management and the VLAN trunking on WAN Port and several quirky Web GUI issues.

I would love to see OpenWrt on this device as well.  It would seem the underlying H/W especially the WiFi radios are pretty awesome, when tweaked and optimized.  It also seems that OpenWrt and DD-WRT have great options for the network capabilities.

Hopefully we can get a fully optimized OpenWrt system that has awesome core network capabilities as well as awesome radio optimization.

I have just tried Tathagata DD-WRT 27XX build. All I can say to anyone is, in my recent experience, be VERY careful. Radios are quite Wonky. I have gone back to the March 7 - KONG build for my R8000. It is the main gateway and It runs very well(all 3 radios). One of my ap's is an R7000 running mainline DD-WRT, it's two radios are running the same ssid's as the 2.4ghz radio and one of the 5ghz radios on the R8000, and they work together very well.

That being said, I would jump all over an Openwrt Image !

I don't want to be a nag................but...............any progress?

mojolacerator wrote:

Get Broadcom to release source...

drawz wrote:
mojolacerator wrote:

Is that all...lol... ?

oh well, Kong is working on releasing a newer DD-WRT version, guess that will have to suffice.

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 21 Jul 2015, 16:57)

mojolacerator wrote:
drawz wrote:
mojolacerator wrote:

Is that all...lol... ?

oh well, Kong is working on releasing a newer DD-WRT version, guess that will have to suffice.

The open source drivers will always progress very slowly without source from Broadcom. Don't hold your breath here. DD-WRT with closed source drivers will always be ahead in this regard. If you really want to use OpenWrt, I strongly suggest you get something that's already supported. Otherwise, you may be waiting forever.

oh well, for anyone interested, Kong posted a new build for R8000 : http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

I know that is off topic, but considering it is the only real alternative software for the R8000, it kind of applies.

For anyone brave enough to update the firmware with a homebuild version. Here is a little howto. On Jul 30 I did this exercise myself to build the R8000 OpenWrt firmware from scratch. As usual this is all at your own risk. If you brick your device then that is your own problem.

==============================================
Preparing your system for Build:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/buildroot.exigence

sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion git-core libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk flex quilt libssl-dev xsltproc libxml-parser-perl mercurial bzr ecj cvs unzip

Get OpenWRT sources and configure:

git clone git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt.git
{ This created a directory openwrt }

cd openwrt
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

make defconfig
make prereq
make menuconfig
{
--> Target System, select Select Broadcom BCM47xx/53xx (ARM)
--> Kernel Modules --> Wireless Drivers --> kmod-b43 (deselect)
--> Kernel Modules --> Wireless Drivers --> kmod-brcmutil --> Broadcom wireless driver debugging (select)
--> LuCI --> Collections --> luci (select *)
}
- Now edit one file:
target/linux/bcm53xx/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network --> Remove the following 3 lines:

netgear,r8000)
    ifname=eth2
    ;;

And remove the following 4 lines:

elif echo "$vlan1ports" | egrep -q "^0 1 2 3 5 7 8" && \
     echo "$vlan2ports" | egrep -q "^4 8"; then
    ucidef_add_switch_vlan "switch0" "1" "0 1 2 3 5 7 8t"
    ucidef_add_switch_vlan "switch0" "2" "4 8t"

make

dont use -j the first time and wait, this will take a long time as all packages are pulled in. When this is finished there should be a file called: bin/bcm53xx/openwrt-bcm53xx-netgear-r8000-squashfs.chk, but we are not done yet !!.
After the first make the b53 switch code has to be updated. The reason is that the patches applied by openwrt are not finalized yet. Reverting the patch (in combination with the change done to the 02_network file, done earlier) will make the switch work, though it might use an incorrect mac address and the wan port might not work (haven't tried it). NOTE: if you don't do this step then ethernet/switch wont work and the device will not be usable and can only be updated through CFE.
Restore original switch code, as new one is not ready yet, this cp command will revert the patch which has been applied to the b53 driver, which is not working for the moment, this cp command is based of the Jul 30 checkout. Directories will change over time, make sure the command was successful:

cp target/linux/generic/files/drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_common.c build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl-1.1.10_eabi/linux-bcm53xx/linux-3.18.19/drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_common.c

{ Final build, to take reverted switch code in: }
make { shouldn't take that long anymore, but you can use -j to speed it up }

Flashing the image:

Upload the file bin/bcm53xx/openwrt-bcm53xx-netgear-r8000-squashfs.chk. This can be done through the WEB-GUI of the original firmware.

Note: the default ip address of the router will be 192.168.1.1. Try browsing to this address and configure the router.
Note: Sometimes one of the wifi devices can get in a bad state (during configuration). When this happens the router can end up in endless reboot loop. In that case you'll have to power down the R8000 and power it up again. Work is in progress for this and we hope to release a patch soon which will fix this.
Note: Don't forget to set the country code for the wifi devices. It is very important if you want to use 5G devices.
Final NOTE: there should be three wifi devices available. The first one is 5G, the second 2.4g and the last is also 5G. The first 5G should be used on the higher frequencies. The second 5G should be used for the lower 5G frequencies. Failing to do so will make the radios perform quite bad.

In close range and with good clients you should be able to get more then 600Mbps throughput over the wireless.

If everything went successful you should always be able to switch to the original Netgear firmware through the WEB-GUI if desired.

Again; No guarantee whatsoever. This is at your own risk !!!

(Last edited by meuleman on 31 Jul 2015, 09:00)

meuleman wrote:

For anyone brave enough to update the firmware with a homebuild version. Here is a little howto. On Jul 30 I did this exercise myself to build the R8000 OpenWrt firmware from scratch. As usual this is all at your own risk. If you brick your device then that is your own problem.

Preparing your system for Build:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/buildroot.exigence

sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion git-core libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk flex quilt libssl-dev xsltproc libxml-parser-perl mercurial bzr ecj cvs unzip

Get OpenWRT sources and configure:

git clone git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt.git
{ This created a directory openwrt }

cd openwrt
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

make defconfig
make prereq
make menuconfig
{
--> Target System, select Select Broadcom BCM47xx/53xx (ARM)
--> Kernel Modules --> Wireless Drivers --> kmod-b43 (deselect)
--> Kernel Modules --> Wireless Drivers --> kmod-brcmutil --> Broadcom wireless driver debugging (select)
--> LuCI --> Collections --> luci (select *)
}
- Now edit one file:
target/linux/bcm53xx/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network --> Remove the following 3 lines:

netgear,r8000)
    ifname=eth2
    ;;

And remove the following 4 lines:

elif echo "$vlan1ports" | egrep -q "^0 1 2 3 5 7 8" && \
     echo "$vlan2ports" | egrep -q "^4 8"; then
    ucidef_add_switch_vlan "switch0" "1" "0 1 2 3 5 7 8t"
    ucidef_add_switch_vlan "switch0" "2" "4 8t"

make

dont use -j the first time and wait, this will take a long time as all packages are pulled in. When this is finished there should be a file called: bin/bcm53xx/openwrt-bcm53xx-netgear-r8000-squashfs.chk, but we are not done yet !!.
After the first make the b53 switch code has to be updated. The reason is that the patches applied by openwrt are not finalized yet. Reverting the patch (in combination with the change done to the 02_network file, done earlier) will make the switch work, though it might use an incorrect mac address and the wan port might not work (haven't tried it). NOTE: if you don't do this step then ethernet/switch wont work and the device will not be usable and can only be updated through CFE.
Restore original switch code, as new one is not ready yet, this cp command will revert the patch which has been applied to the b53 driver, which is not working for the moment, this cp command is based of the Jul 30 checkout. Directories will change over time, make sure the command was successful:

cp target/linux/generic/files/drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_common.c build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl-1.1.10_eabi/linux-bcm53xx/linux-3.18.19/drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_common.c

{ Final build, to take reverted switch code in: }
make { shouldn't take that long anymore, but you can use -j to speed it up }

Flashing the image:

Upload the file bin/bcm53xx/openwrt-bcm53xx-netgear-r8000-squashfs.chk. This can be done through the WEB-GUI of the original firmware.

Note: the default ip address of the router will be 192.168.1.1. Try browsing to this address and configure the router.
Note: Sometimes one of the wifi devices can get in a bad state (during configuration). When this happens the router can end up in endless reboot loop. In that case you'll have to power down the R8000 and power it up again. Work is in progress for this and we hope to release a patch soon which will fix this.
Note: Don't forget to set the country code for the wifi devices. It is very important if you want to use 5G devices.
Final NOTE: there should be three wifi devices available. The first one is 5G, the second 2.4g and the last is also 5G. The first 5G should be used on the higher frequencies. The second 5G should be used for the lower 5G frequencies. Failing to do so will make the radios perform quite bad.

In close range and with good clients you should be able to get more then 600Mbps throughput over the wireless.

If everything went successful you should always be able to switch to the original Netgear firmware through the WEB-GUI if desired.

Again; No guarantee whatsoever. This is at your own risk !!!

The firmware works.  LAN ports, the 2 5G radios and 2.4G radio.  Had to set country code as you stated and reboot but the 5G radios came on.  Using wifi N client so have not tested AC.  Compiles as stated. 
Configured using LUCI.  Still lose the 5G radios after reconfiguring and need to reboot but can connect afterward.

Good work!

root@192.168.1.1's password:

BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-08-04 00:12:56 MDT) built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
-----------------------------------------------------
CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r46552)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup
root@OpenWrt:~# nvram show

root@OpenWrt:~# swconfig dev switch0 show | grep port
    ports: 0x01bf
    link: port:0 link:down
    link: port:1 link:up speed:100baseT full-duplex auto
    link: port:2 link:down
    link: port:3 link:down
    link: port:4 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex auto
    link: port:5 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex
    ports: 0 1 2 3 5t
    ports: 4 5t

root@OpenWrt:~# uci show

wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.hwmode='11a'
wireless.radio0.path='18000000.axi/bcma0:7/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
wireless.radio0.txpower='20'
wireless.radio0.country='US'
wireless.radio0.channel='149'
wireless.radio0.htmode='HT40'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0]=wifi-iface
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].device='radio0'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].network='lan'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].mode='ap'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].encryption='psk2+ccmp'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ssid='OpenWrt-5G(1)'
wireless.@wifi-iface[0].key='%%%%%%%%'
wireless.radio1=wifi-device
wireless.radio1.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio1.hwmode='11g'
wireless.radio1.path='18000000.axi/bcma0:8/pci0001:00/0001:00:00.0/0001:01:00.0/0001:02:01.0/0001:03:00.0'
wireless.radio1.channel='7'
wireless.radio1.htmode='HT40'
wireless.radio1.txpower='20'
wireless.radio1.country='US'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1]=wifi-iface
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].device='radio1'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].network='lan'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].mode='ap'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].encryption='psk2+ccmp'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].key='^^^^^^^^^'
wireless.@wifi-iface[1].ssid='OpenWrt-2.4G'
wireless.radio2=wifi-device
wireless.radio2.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio2.hwmode='11a'
wireless.radio2.path='18000000.axi/bcma0:8/pci0001:00/0001:00:00.0/0001:01:00.0/0001:02:02.0/0001:04:00.0'
wireless.radio2.channel='48'
wireless.radio2.country='US'
wireless.radio2.htmode='HT40'
wireless.radio2.txpower='17'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2]=wifi-iface
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].device='radio2'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].network='lan'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].mode='ap'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].ssid='OpenWrt-5g(2)'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].encryption='psk2+ccmp'
wireless.@wifi-iface[2].key='^^^^^^^^'
root@OpenWrt:~#

root@OpenWrt:~# nvram show |grep switch
switch_type=unknown
milkfish_fromswitch=off
2:antswitch=0
0:antswitch=0
fullswitch=0
openvpn_switch=0
1:antswitch=0

root@OpenWrt:~# swconfig list
Found: switch0 - bcm53011

root@OpenWrt:~# nvram show |grep vlan
landevs=vlan1 wl0 wl1 wl2
port2vlans=1
wl1_vlan_prio_mode=off
dtag_vlan8=0
wan_ifname=vlan2
port4vlans=1
vlan1hwname=et2
port1vlans=1
vlan2ports=4 8u
probe_blacklist=vlan1 vlan2 eth0
wan_ifnames=vlan2
wan_default=vlan2
lan_ifnames=vlan1 vlan2 eth1 eth2 eth3
vlan1_bridged=1
wan_ifname2=vlan2
wl0_vlan_prio_mode=off
port3vlans=1
port0vlans=2
vlans=0
wan_iface=vlan2
wl2_vlan_prio_mode=off
vlan1ports=3 2 1 0 5 7 8*
vlan2hwname=et2
port5vlans=1 2 16

(Last edited by docdude on 5 Aug 2015, 03:16)

Could someone with a R8000 please run lspci or cat /proc/bus/pci/devices on the original firmware and post the result.

Hauke wrote:

Could someone with a R8000 please run lspci or cat /proc/bus/pci/devices on the original firmware and post the result.

Gah.... I would like to help but just installed DDWRT on mine. Didn't seem like there was going to be a usable build of openwrt anytime soon.

Hardware version R8000
Firmware version V1.0.2.44_1.0.96
BusyBox v1.7.2 (2015-04-01 19:45:48 CST) built-in shell (ash)

# cat /proc/bus/pci/devices
0000    14e40800        0               18000000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0008    14e4050b        0               18001000                18002000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0010    14e40502        0               1802c000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0018    14e44715        b3              18024000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        et
0020    14e44715        b4              18025000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        et
0028    14e44715        b5              18026000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        et
0030    14e44715        b6              18027000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0038    14e40501        0               18012000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0040    14e40501        0               18013000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0048    14e40501        0               18014000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0050    14e40510        0               1800b000                1800c000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0058    14e4471a        6f              18022000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        ohci_hcd
0059    14e4471a        6f              18021000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        ehci_hcd
0060    14e4472a        70              18023000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800        xhci_hcd
0068    14e40503        0               18020000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0070    14e44711        0               1802a000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0078    14e40506        0               18210000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                   10000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0080    14e40507        0               18010000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0088    14e40508        0                      0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0090    14e40509        0               18028000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0098    14e4050a        0               18029000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    1000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     800
0000    14e48012        a9                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0
0100    10b58603        a9              40c00000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                    4000                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0
0208    10b58603        a9                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0
0210    10b58603        a9                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0
0300    14e4aa52        a9              40400004                       0                40000004                       0                       0                       0                       0                    8000                       0                  400000                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieh
0400    14e4aa52        a9              40600004                       0                40800004                       0                       0                       0                       0                    8000                       0                  400000                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieh
0000    14e48012        a3                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0
0100    14e4aa52        a3               8400004                       0                 8000004                       0                       0                       0                       0                    8000                       0                  400000                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieh

So there appears to be an r8000 build of chaos calmer... Anyone tried it yet?

Just signed up to say whoever made the build at https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal … x/generic/ is a bloody legend, so far it seems to be working pretty well, I'll do some more testing with wifi and confirm all is working well and post back with an update in a few days.

Progress is looking good enough that I'm going to pick one up and give it a go, especially since it's on sale right now...

One question until I can get my own fired up... can anyone confirm that the full 256MB ram is detected and supported by the OpenWRT build?